Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Nutmeg discussion 08 Jun 03:27
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ That was useful - thanks :) I was wondering why it might be called nutmeg. Does nutmeg only have those properties when raw or in larger amounts? I've had it many times in various cakes etc and never noticed an effect?

I really liked this - and that was before I noticed it was Otsu Hiyori! responsible for some amazing one shots like maple love - So I will certainly be looking forward to more :)

Yuuri actually looks a lot like the blonde in Maple love- though the black haired girl is very different.

P.s

I've seen Yuri as a name before - (seems to be gender neutral?) but never Yuuri? Is it the same name just romanised differently for some reason? If not anyone know the Kanji / meaning?

last edited at Jun 8, 2017 3:47AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't think this chapter got continued and it's from 2 years ago.

Well even if so - it's very nice to visit with old friends once more and see how they are doing.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow - didn't expect to see more to one of my old favourites :) I really love this manga - and their miko and witch one.

last edited at Jun 7, 2017 5:31PM

elevown
Image Comments 07 Jun 07:47
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[kitsune%20maru]%2057510121_p0

Any bets on which of the 2 is more likely to have said that line to the other?

My bet is on Sakuya - sounds a bit too bold for Meiling?

elevown
Cutie Beast discussion 07 Jun 04:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is the faux archaic language and slang in the original? You can't take it seriously with the verily's and the like lol - but then it IS a comedy and it makes it even funnier :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

In the TL notes - An elderly couple helps out a crane that later turns out to be a crane ?

Was it not in crane form to start with or is this a typo.

It is a crane that turns into a girl, then turns back into a crane and leaves.

thanks for the info.

It would of made more sense to say helped a girl who later turns out to be a crane then.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

In the TL notes - An elderly couple helps out a crane that later turns out to be a crane ?

Was it not in crane form to start with or is this a typo.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 1:06AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Was there a link to the translators site somewhere? TL notes really should be put on the last page not on your site though.. no matter how much there is.. If it's on your site what happens in 10 years time when the manga is all over the net and your TL group long gone?

Anyone know what the crane and vase things meant?

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 10:37PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the biggest reason i'm such a fan of incest is the whole "strength of the bond" thing. Like, sure you can break up with your sister, but she's still your sister. There's something really precious about the idea that they're basically guaranteed to be in each other's lives until death.

It's the purest & most beautiful form of love.

^ Only if it is yuri incest :)

A lot of us who like this would balk at the het variety. Yuri incest has none of that - 'but the kids will be disabled!' prohibition.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Isn't she ashamed that her little sister helps her to get her homework done??

They're twins; same age, same grade.

She calls her her little sister in the story. Even if she is only a couple of hours older, it seems to be the roles they have adopted.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I think so too - you normally chant something with 3 words to keep in sync typically, 'rock, paper, scissors- the panel just revealed the last step.

It would of been clearer if 'rock, paper' was written in small/angled font, on the left side of the previous panel - like the first 2 fist bumps were between the panels.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 5:57AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I loved that - a lot :) Wow that kiss was hot - I loved how her arms end up coming up around the sister on tops neck, pulling her down.

After they finish the homework, Asane should tell her older sister she will help her with her homework anytime - for another kiss :)

Given the older sister didn't seem good at homework and was really happy to have help - and given that she really liked the kiss - I think she would be totally unable to resist the offer - and be able to use it as an excuse to cover her embarrassment.

Or if the older sister wanted to initiate more kisses she could hide it by asking for more rock paper scissors - ostensibly to get homework help - but knowing she usually looses - and hoping her sister asks for the same thing :)

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 1:57AM

elevown
Image Comments 02 Jun 21:26
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[be%20(o-hoho)]%204129188_p0

Haha - that's one of patchys spells right?

elevown
Drift discussion 02 Jun 21:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I feel that this was mirror imaged. I kept getting confused because manga usually reads right to left, but that wasn't the case here.

That's because it's not manga - strictly speaking - since it's not Japanese.

elevown
Image Comments 02 Jun 14:40
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61222316_p0

^ I like it - its not the best thing ever but Id say it's nothing close to 'really' bad. Its a magic girl show, part comic part serious with some fan service. The yuri is mostly just one or 2 fan service kisses etc per season - but I thought they were pretty hot! And I like the main characters. The action is also pretty good in some of the big fights.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's basically just an art book but very nice it is :)

Trust Yukari to be the only one of the lot to have sexy sleep wear.

Felloffalot - it's this -

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_to_fly_with_love#8

unless you are just thinking of seeing their credit page in the past and forgot :)

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 7:52AM

elevown
Image Comments 30 May 07:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Gif

Very well done and cute :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You can only translate "Wha-" so many times before you gotta change it up a little.

For professional translations (at least, for IT manuals, dunno about official regulations for manga) there are certain specific requirements to make sure non-native speakers of the target language can properly understand the translation. So random silliness irks me, because I've done the same in the past and I got a thorough talking-to for it.

Manga has no official regulations for translation - different translators and different groups will all have their own views on how to translate - how literal to be, what words should NOT be translated, how to make changes or not to reflect cultural differences or practices, etc etc.

For example I like honorifics left in if appropriate - they give extra detail and subtlety, especially where they change- that is lost if they are not used - and the alternatives often sound stupid (i.e big sis for onee-sama) but some translators will never include them. I hate when something is translated into an American equivalent, like yen to dollars, but some do that - or a Japanese cultural things name is replaced with a descriptor - like squid balls instead of takoyaki - but you also see that sometimes too.

The goal in translating manga / fiction is to convey the same or very similar meaning / feeling - and sometimes that means making changes too - I've heard it said trying to be too literal is a beginners mistake.

Translating a manual is very different - the only things that matter there I'd imagine are accuracy and clarity in conveying the information.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is this the same couple? The younger one is blonde in the first 2 chapters.

Hope there is more of this manga :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was fun - even without those 9 pages!

The first panel on p15 - Kashima should really have one leg cocked up behind herself though to make that pose perfect :)

elevown
Image Comments 23 May 18:25
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Dahd2uiwsaaetzh

Is there any subtext in this show?

elevown
Image Comments 22 May 22:05
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
60973674_p0

Shame she is in a suit - remember that ep where she overcomes her childhood trauma of wearing a dress, and how she isn't cute and girly enough to wear cute dresses? This kinda seems to be forcing her back into that way of thinking after she just got her confidence back.

It's a great bit of art though.

last edited at May 22, 2017 10:06PM

elevown
Image Comments 22 May 13:25
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_n46v8cgdbw1qkjpzbo2_1280

I think a lot of us older yuri fans probably started out with Sailor moon, ccs and the like :) I was a big Ami x Makato fan back then :) (Along with Rei x Usagi or Minako x Rei or Makato) - actually venus went well with just about all of them lol).

There were some great fan fics.

last edited at May 22, 2017 1:45PM

elevown
Image Comments 18 May 11:23
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
62298611_p0

I wonder if the scarlet sisters have always been vampires - (i.e were born as such by a vampire) or were they 'turned' into vampires? And do they look so young because they were made vampires as kids?

If so, how old do you think they are physically? (I don't mean in years - I know they are 500+) I mean how old were they when they stopped aging? Its hard to say - maybe they are just petite and child like?

I kind of got the impression they were born vampires tbh, so ?Touhou treats them as more a western youkai species, and not just created only via being bitten. I don't think a vampire would typically 'turn' kids.

Either way it's a very nice pic!

last edited at May 18, 2017 11:28AM

elevown
Image Comments 18 May 11:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
30951447_p0

I really like the idea of Meiling X Reisen too - there are a few small examples pairing them up but nothing serious or noteworthy unfortunately.. But this picture is really great!

And I agree Meiling is beautiful when drawn seriously and not just as a comedy character :)

(The same goes for Reisen too actually).

last edited at May 18, 2017 11:16AM