Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Gamma discussion 20 Nov 10:19
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Spoiler-ed even more stuff in the thread. Keep in mind that indirect spoilers like "there's no hope for incest anymore" are still spoilers, and their implications are rather obvious.

Also keeping the incest tag for now, you guys wanted it and nothing about the series has changed in a way that would make me want to pull it off. If the teasing ends sooner rather than later, it may be removed.

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 10:24AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed yuri. Comedy is correct too. Het is a maybe.

I'd say put het on the AU/non-canon specials which feature it, but leave it off the main story until/unless confirmation otherwise. Going off of the tags on Batoto, the series is yuri but not romance (which you'd usually see on het series), as endorsed by the scanlator themselves in the comments.

Thanks both.

I felt, while reading it, that the series is pretty clearly set up where developments on either side could be just over the horizon. That said, I think Sol is pretty much correct, and will go ahead with that. What's the worst that could happen?

Cautiously eyes Happy End

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The second most requested series in the last ~12 months (behind only Murcielago).

I had a difficult time tagging this series, so would like the community at large - the folks who requested it, specifically - to give me thoughts on the following: Comedy, Het, Subtext (I hate this tag), Yuri. This can be in the form of a tag suggestion or a comment. Thanks in advance!

last edited at Nov 19, 2014 9:39PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Since I'm a big ol' nerd for these two authors, I guess I'll provide a list?!

Thank you, you are truly a hero, a gentle(wo)man, and a savior of yuri! Should all be fixed up now.

...as for the individual pictures, I'm really not sure, orz. A vast majority (maybe even all, but I wouldn't want to risk that) will probably be Fukutarou's, since Okeya doesn't upload much to their pixiv while Fukutarou draws a substantial amount more, but I couldn't say. Sorry!

Those should all be from Fukutarou's pixiv, given that I only vaguely knew of Okeya's existence previously. I'll double-check in the morning.

Super sorry for that big sperg-out! I think that's all. Thank you very much for hearing me out!

No, thank you! Seriously, bold-italics necessary. I vaguely knew that this was wrong - dating back to the Ritsu mio mio mio/mio ritsu ritsu ritsu books - but that slipped my mind and I never got around to fixing it. It's especially true because I know quite a few folks around (myself included) adore the work these two put out, and it's nice to be able to geek out properly (giving credit where its due, etc. etc.).

last edited at Nov 18, 2014 5:58AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 17 Nov 23:26
joined Mar 20, 2013

I love shou, i love this manga. I love Shou, I even love his hentai. OMG!

Shou makes hentai manga?

Uuuuhhhhhh.....

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=7358

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for uploading this~

Though as the TLer I actually have a bone to pick with Dynasty about something! Fukutarou and Okeya are actually two separate artists who often work together (but not always!) and some of the stuff credited here to 'Akira' is actually Okeya's stuff. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Embarrassing~

Mind giving us a heads up of what specifically you'd like changed? If not, I can probably figure it out tomorrow, but it seemed best to ask first.

Don't know...how this one slipped past me...

Thanks, by the way! Didn't think we'd ever see another release from you!

last edited at Nov 17, 2014 11:29PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Looks like Sexy Akiba Detectives may have given up the ghost. How long does a group have to be inactive before they're declared dead?

6 months, typically.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I switched it in this case, and I think that's a good thing to do in any future cases.

Alright, if it comes up again (and it almost will) I'll go ahead and swap the names for anybody magazine/tank publications.

Sounds good, thanks.

And a beautiful cover, too. It looks like Fuyu no Hanashi was also included in that anthology, so I went ahead and added that. I also added a list of the missing chapters to the description, mostly in case anyone uploading a doujinshi wants to see if it was also included.

Oh, thanks (why didn't I check that...)! Nice to have that list as a reference too, seems a few of them may be in the pipeline.

I- It's not like I spent all of yesterday looking through Yuri-Hime...

(Actually, it was nice to see Yuri-Hime picking up after Hirari)

Haha, do you do this sort of thing often...? Legitimate question, actually.

last edited at Nov 16, 2014 12:55AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's easy enough to just add the YH tag. What about the name, though? I know there's been a sort of "let's not worry too much about it" policy, but it might make sense to switch from circle names to artist names once they start publishing somewhere official.

Personally I'd like to use original artist's name in all cases, with the circle name as an alias, though this isn't always possible. Also, rather than saying we have a "let's not worry too much about it" policy, I think it'd be fairer to say we have a "let's not worry too much about policies" policy. I'd like to think that's slowly changing.
I switched it in this case, and I think that's a good thing to do in any future cases.

Keeping the doujin moniker for now makes sense, but what about when it gets published? Is Yuri-Hime publishing the tank? We haven't haven't really been doujin-tagging doujin works reprinted by an official label...

On second thought, it doesn't need the doujin tag, that would get messy fast. The anthology came out in September (my concept of time is way off), and was published by Ichijinsha/YH, so I went ahead and made the page for it (and added that chapter).

(Not the only reprint this issues, it turns out: one of Miman's chapters from Hirari also got reprinted)

Huh, actually didn't catch that one, interesting.

Edit: Also went ahead and added an anthology page for Game.

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 2:17PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

In the end, we couldn't find anything particularly interesting. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/game_ch03#40 might work though, absent the "2nd".

I'll add it in a bit, that's good enough.

Edit: Unrelated matter, but what's the policy for original doujins that get a YuriHime (or whatever) reprint?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sore_ha_omoi_no_kakera ran in November's issue of YH, under the author's name (not circle name)—should it get updated to reflect that? Should the author name and circle name be swapped on their info page (i.e. Fujisawa Makoto, also known as Caramel Crunch)?

It's not something we've dealt with much, so there isn't. When I uploaded that, I was under the impression it was also to be featured in Fujisawa's upcoming tankobon, but didn't feel it was necessary to make any note of it - categorically, anyway - at the time.

Since you mention it, I'll get some opinions and we'll figure out what we want to do. I'd sort of like to keep the Doujin: Original moniker on it while adding whatever else is necessary (YH issue and anthology), but I'm not really sure. Feel free to chime in.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I absolutely love what they did with the character designs. Not completely "Morishima," but they also give off a bit of an old school vibe - so no complaints from me.

Cause sadly, yuri doesn't sell well...

[citation needed]

At least we can hope Morishima won't sell out and take the manga down that route.

Please don't be absurd, Morishima wouldn't.

I'll admit, Ikuhara was the driving force behind anime like Sailor Moon and Utena, but reading quotes from his wiki, he prefers yuri subtext to het romance simply because het romance tends to take over the story a lot. So, I'm expecting the yuri to take a backseat in the anime :/

The plot synopsis openly states one of the main character's as having a "friends as well as lovers" relationship with one of the other girls.

I always appreciate a good dose of pessimism, but I don't think the reactions in this thread have been justified by anything new. If people are worried because Ikuhara's involved, they ought to have been pessimistic from the start. Otherwise, the news that has come out hasn't actually changed anything, just our perceptions of what may be present.

Otherwise why get Morishima Akiko involved in the manga side of the project in the first place?

Oh, and Morishima's also a great mangaka - it's a great reason to work with her!

I would've liked to see that question reversed. Why would Morishima get involved if it weren't yuri? Of course, the practical answer is that it is yuri, and that's one of the reasons she's doing it.

I think this is a work of Ikuhara more than a work of yuri. I mean, it's not really about delivering to the yuri fan base, rather than raising the topics he really likes and has something to say about. I have good reasons to believe that YKA is a lot about the homosexuality and its acceptance by the society in the first case.

This sums it up perfectly.

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 12:54PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Bash! discussion 14 Nov 13:07
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't know that this is terrible accurate. As far as I know, Bash! was only ever published as doujinshi, rather than in collected volumes, and there are considerably more than 2 of those.

Yeah, 2 is definitely off.

Is there anyone here that's already looked into this and could confirm whether it was ever actually completed, and how many chapters is runs? From what I understand, the series consists of:

BASH! - 2009-02-15
BASH! ~ある日の生徒会~ ヒゲとメガネと坊主と携帯 - 2009-04-26
BASH!#02 - 2009-08-16
BASH!chain - 2009-11-08
BASH! Noisemaker - 2010-05-04
BASH!after-N - 2010-08-15
BASH! In crimson - 2010-11-14
BASH!スモーキン・ハニー - 2010-12-31

Your list looks right based on toranoana/her blog posts from that period. I'm not sure if it's completed, though.

Also—does this really need the bullying tag? Aside from mentions in flashbacks, there isn't any actual bullying.

Nope, removed.

last edited at Nov 14, 2014 1:09PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

kinda off topic side note can someone upload to the site the sakura trick pic made by peko the artist from the sonohana series it may get more people interested or can a post a booru link?

This thing?

yeah but I was asking the uploaders to put it on the gallery then link it here if not then I would put a link...that works too I guess.

Done. Thanks to both of you for pointing it out.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, that sounds fine. My own copy of the tank is now in a different country, but I can ask Editor-san if any of the other scans we have would work for that—there were some images under the cover that haven't been uploaded yet, though at least one of those has semi-My Beloved spoilers. (If we had a clean copy of the image on the back, that would be perfect).

Alright. Whichever you guys think is best works for us, and you can always get in touch if you need anything for it.

By the way, was there some way of having KiLa KiLa and Rin Rin point to each other as chapter and sequel? It's exactly not urgent, given that they bookend the same anthology, but...

Sequel-ing stuff is not a function at the moment, but is a fairly commonly requested one, so I believe it's on the planning list somewhere.

(dpf is a pro sniper)

I went ahead and made Prequel and Sequel tags for now, as I said I would months ago (before a lot of rl stuff happened). I figure at the very least, it will give people a heads-up if they're reading a sequel, and make eventual proper "sequel-ing" easier.

last edited at Nov 14, 2014 1:50AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

To be honest, having it as both a series and an anthology would be a bit redundant (and would clutter the Takemiya page) since the series is just the first three chapters of the anthology. Would it make more sense to just change the Game entry from a series to an anthology, rename the first three chapters (to Game First, Game Second, Game Third) and then mark as ongoing?

I'm not 100% sure about it, I'll ask for opinions. The only problem with that would be pointing each chapter to the series original forum page, but I doubt that would be much of a problem.

Welp, I was wrong. Currently it's not possible to have multiple chapters pointing to a single thread (and it's not exactly a priority to be updated, sadly).
So, I think we'll stick with the current setup, even if it isn't perfect. It seems like it would be best to use the current series cover for the anthology, and use something else for the series page (so things don't get too confusing). Thoughts?

OrangePekoe Admin
Cube Sugar discussion 13 Nov 22:05
joined Mar 20, 2013

Added. Seems like they've switched to NSFW/Kancolle stuff though.

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 13 Nov 22:03
joined Mar 20, 2013
003-2

Because I'm commenting, I just want to say hng. Thanks to Rex for her eternally awesome and really cute work as well.

what's with the EriUmi are the less popular pairings being uploaded?

They always were..? Haha we've taken flack for it in every popular series, LL being no exception.

perhaps...by any chance...nah no way...MakoRyuko will never be a thing...

Eh~. There's comparatively more work that goes into that, given its relative scarcity. Maybe someday soon.

last edited at Nov 13, 2014 10:03PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 13 Nov 00:32
joined Mar 20, 2013

Updated with fixed spelling and stuff. As always, clear your cache if it doesn't show up properly for you now.

Unfortunately, typo jokes just aren't funny when the typos get fixed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes, I'm a black bar. Got a problem with that?

Dude/gal I just want to say that was the wittiest thing I've seen all week. You deserve a prize.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, right, we've got permission from Dolicon now, so the earlier chapters have appeared, and their release schedule usually allows for one chapter per week.
There are also a few of the latest chapters (by refrain/Usagi) being done on /a/, I'll upload those in a batch once they're all done.

@EvilDevil, thanks for your assistance as always. Mind removing your posts now? They're just dead links. Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 12 Nov 23:23
joined Mar 20, 2013
Eriumi!%20eriumi!%20%e2%99%a5%20773nanami%20%e2%99%a5%20t=513706266942656512

Umi in a suit though 0///0

last edited at Nov 12, 2014 11:23PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 12 Nov 13:25
joined Mar 20, 2013

Was it the same with Nue-chan Raper?

No, actually I'm not sure why that one has been delayed. I'll pick it up tonight.

I'll see if I can find them by another scanlator.

Seem doubtful, but good luck anyways!

last edited at Nov 12, 2014 1:25PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 12 Nov 02:18
joined Mar 20, 2013

Unfortunately, Tonigobe (the scanlator) doesn't allow us to re-host that one.

That said, I'm sure we'll be getting plenty more Aya x Cirno before too long~

last edited at Nov 12, 2014 2:18AM

OrangePekoe Admin
ROLE PLAYING YURI 11 Nov 23:17
joined Mar 20, 2013

....Sorry? XD I wasn't here earlier, I can make a list for now until/if we get the calendar but I'm not sure on to do it. .doc txt. or should I make a topic then edit as the suggestions drop in?

Haha I dunno. Whatever you wanna do~ (even then, only if you want to do it)

OrangePekoe Admin
ROLE PLAYING YURI 11 Nov 22:53
joined Mar 20, 2013

Even more off topic today is Azunyan's birthday can we do something about that? wink wink

Urrrggghhhh. I posted for you in the images thread asking who's birthday was when but you missed it (deleted it early today, strangely). Oh well. I'll upload something small, I guess.

Also, it's never nice to de-rail topics.

last edited at Nov 11, 2014 10:54PM