Forum › Posts by melevas

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

So The 100 is getting renewed for a 4th Season. I see a lot of people extremely mad about this but I think it's more of a chance to redeem themselves.

Maybe if they get a new showrunner. This one is a disaster and clearly has no intention of learning from his mistakes because he refuses to acknowledge he's made any in the first place. Plus, the cast hates him. Some cast members are at a con right now and they're just freely spilling the beans to fans about BTS drama. No sources at the moment apart from people present who are tweeting incoherently about it, but I'm sure we'll have audio or video within a couple days.

This is better than a soap opera. I can't wait for the next big twist.

After reading about SurvivalCon I agree. That guy needs to go.

Honestly, this season has been focusing way too much on two relationships only, the rest kinda went to shit, although there was a decent amount of Raven and Octavia which I'm thankful for. For example Clarke and Raven, which I've always shipped more than Lexa and Clarke for some reason, have not even mentioned eachother once.

And if the Tweets are right, they just cut out Lincoln's scenes which is so disrespectful. I can forgive but there are limits.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

So The 100 is getting renewed for a 4th Season. I see a lot of people extremely mad about this but I think it's more of a chance to redeem themselves. Because like the writers said, every character on that show is not hetero so how come everyone is boycotting against it?

I'm seeing people rallying up against The CW and all that the show stands for.

melevas
Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Picking a hype train for one of the big boys, I think I'll take my first stab at this franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhxngUz6C3U

Man I can't wait for DkSIII, I just ordered DkSI:Prepare to Die because I have not actually played it yet myself but I loved Demon's Souls and DkSII.

I hope they make the third installment just as great, although a lot of people complained about DkSII but whatever.

The greatest coup in history would be DDoSing Twitch on the Dark Souls III release date..

Personally I prefer to watch people play the DS games (including Bloodborne), I find it endlessly fascinating for some reason. I've watched the first about...6 or 7 times now?

Oh, and for fun, here's a One Punch Man run, which eventually turns into Abuse the Cheat Codes Even More Man. Because as we all know, being One Punch Man is kinda boring after a while.

I agree, watching a stream on Twitch is the reason why I started the soulsborne series and I don't regret a thing. Has to be one of the most satisfying experiences out there.

melevas
Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Picking a hype train for one of the big boys, I think I'll take my first stab at this franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhxngUz6C3U

Man I can't wait for DkSIII, I just ordered DkSI:Prepare to Die because I have not actually played it yet myself but I loved Demon's Souls and DkSII.

I hope they make the third installment just as great, although a lot of people complained about DkSII but whatever.

melevas
Lack of good yuri :( 09 Mar 15:05
Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm slowly giving up on yuri manga, no matter what I start reading I always feel that I've read a similiar story before. Although I'm grateful for all the mangakas that are already underappreciated, I haven't been feeling it lately at all.

And not to mention all the horrible fanservice anime last quarter. Where relationships don't even feel genuine but more like a fabrication of gross male fantasies. No thanks.

Btw what's Kindred Spirits?

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Going to drop by to say: I take it back, the lesbian couple on TWD got a proper scene along with the hetero couples on the latest episode complete with a kiss and "I love you" They are so R.I.P. aren't they?

I wasn't sure about Tara and Denise but now I'm totally on board. Obviously no one is safe on this show but I believe they'll keep both around for a little longer.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Apparently Mr. Robot is adding a recurring lesbian character in its second season. Anyone watch the first one? It was pretty good. Some people ship Darlene and Trenton and I'd be surprised if it happened, but it is a tempting thought.

Cool, Mr. Robot is a brilliant show, I'd totally trust them with anything.
I got some heavy Darlene and Trenton vibes aswell, I don't think they would add the shots in like they did, especially from Trenton's perspective.

June can't come soon enough. Not to mention that Orange is the New Black is coming back in June too.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I keep thinking about The 100 and I fail to believe that a show that I trusted so much would pull off a cliche like this. Just like how everyone is saying Delphine is dead, I just don't believe it.
Sure, Lexa did in fact pass BUT we don't know for sure what's going to happen on The 100. I have a feeling that sooner or later we might regret bashing the writers.

Or maybe I'm in denial about both, that's also a possibility.

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 11:15AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

After calming down a bit I've decided that I'm just going to wait until season 3 is over to break out hell on the writers because with the whole City of Light storyline who knows what's going to happen?

I agree tho, the way she died was totally undeserving of her character.

Too bad a lot of people are going to abandon support for this show, after all it did bring out some of the greatest female characters/relationships I've seen on TV so far. Not just that, the story is cool af, I remember in season two when I got so hyped up about the world expanding.
The characters and stories and some of the good relationships still persist but they did majorly fuck up with what they did last episode..

And about the Xena reboot: we know it's never ever going to be as fantastic as the original so might aswell have the lowest expectations for it.

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 11:33AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Btw did anyone watch the most recent The 100 episode?

Because I need confirmation that what I watched was real and not just COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Okay after watching the finale I have to take SOME things back that I said but I still believe that the second season will be much more promising. They'd already filmed all of the show before it aired so there was no way to react to feedback in any way.

And I still think there's plenty of potential in the world of Shannara, especially for Eretria and Amberle. I hope you guys don't give up on it.

So I marathoned Shannara over two days now and I must say I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. Manu Bennett as Allanon was just brilliant. As for Amberle and Eretria, I enjoyed their interactions immensely but I'm not hopeful that anything more will happen, even if they made season 2, since it was mentioned that in the books Will and Eretria are the endgame. Plus their children are the protagonists of the next book. Not to mention the fact that Amberle is the Ellcrys now. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Glad to hear you gave it a chance.

That's true, I'm also sceptical, BUT, Terry Brooks himself (the author of all that is Shannara) said that he left the timeline between Elfstones (book that was adapted as series) and Wishsong (book that tells the tale of Wil and Eretria's children) open so he could fill in what he had in mind at a later time, then he proceeded to confirm that instead of a book the second season of Shannara would fill that gap and honestly? I can't tell you about Amberle and what not since I haven't gotten around to read Wishsong yet. If I find out anything promising I'll let you know, but I'm sure they wouldn't just abandon a character that was so important entirely, especially since we don't even know anything about the background of the Ellcrys and the Children of Armageddon and all the things connected to it. Atleast in the series we don't.

That's neat to hear about season 2, if/when it happens I'm definitely watching it. I'm sure they could bring her back and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. As for Wishsong, I read it a while back and from what I remember there's no mention of Amberle, and Will and Eretria don't show up much in the book either.

I see, well I guess we'll have to hope and see. I do feel like they wouldn't give up on it soo I'm hyped IF there's gonna be a season two.

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 4:29AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Okay after watching the finale I have to take SOME things back that I said but I still believe that the second season will be much more promising. They'd already filmed all of the show before it aired so there was no way to react to feedback in any way.

And I still think there's plenty of potential in the world of Shannara, especially for Eretria and Amberle. I hope you guys don't give up on it.

So I marathoned Shannara over two days now and I must say I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. Manu Bennett as Allanon was just brilliant. As for Amberle and Eretria, I enjoyed their interactions immensely but I'm not hopeful that anything more will happen, even if they made season 2, since it was mentioned that in the books Will and Eretria are the endgame. Plus their children are the protagonists of the next book. Not to mention the fact that Amberle is the Ellcrys now. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Glad to hear you gave it a chance.

That's true, I'm also sceptical, BUT, Terry Brooks himself (the author of all that is Shannara) said that he left the timeline between Elfstones (book that was adapted as series) and Wishsong (book that tells the tale of Wil and Eretria's children) open so he could fill in what he had in mind at a later time, then he proceeded to confirm that instead of a book the second season of Shannara would fill that gap and honestly? I can't tell you about Amberle and what not since I haven't gotten around to read Wishsong yet. If I find out anything promising I'll let you know, but I'm sure they wouldn't just abandon a character that was so important entirely, especially since we don't even know anything about the background of the Ellcrys and the Children of Armageddon and all the things connected to it. Atleast in the series we don't.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Honestly, I don't know how much the romance thing differs from the book but from what I've heard, I think I would have liked it better if they had stayed closer to the book in this aspect.

Wil and Amberle are barely romantically involved in the books. I'm currently reading The Elfstones of Shannara and they just seem to be good friends/close. Amberle didn't even care about him, in fact, she was suspicious of him for a long time in the beginning.

Wil and Eretria are endgame in the books. But then again Eretria's character in the books is almost just presented as ''beautiful'' and Wil's love interest, so they did much better on the show.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I think were meaning bad as in bad acting, or maybe it's bad because it's MTV. shrug

Yeah I guess the show isn't taken as seriously because it's a MTV series. I admit sometimes while watching an episode I thought the directing was a bit goofy but otherwise the cast is great and the acting aswell so that shouldn't be the issue, atleast I hope it isn't.

And to anyone contemplating if they should or shouldn't give it a try: Season 1 has only 10 episodes, I say it's totally worth it.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 1:24PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Is anyone watching The Shannara Chronicles?

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

That's a shame. I heard that they changed things from the books, but I never how much. As they say, there is always hope, until it's completely crushed.

Bad in terms of what? I think they did a great job developing the characters (especially Eretria) and their relationships. Not just that but like you said, it's based on the books and the lore of the books is captivating, who expects a first season to be absolutely brilliant? Sure they made some changes and it looks like they're adapting all of the ''elfstones of shannara'' book into one season but they managed to make a lot of things better in the series than in the books.

Eretria's and Amberle's relationship isn't just ''about they guy'', I'm actually sad to read that because they've come a long way and even the actresses say that their characters are sometimes closer to eachother then they are to Wil.

Eretria is bisexual in the series which also indicates that she might have some feelings for Amberle, this is pretty obvious for me in the last few episodes and one of the writers/producers has confirmed that he is not ''playing with us''.

But apparently it's easy to dismiss so many good things about a series just because the relationship between the women isn't romantically canon (yet).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Gudrid from Vinland Saga

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

That's a shame. I heard that they changed things from the books, but I never how much. As they say, there is always hope, until it's completely crushed.

Bad in terms of what? I think they did a great job developing the characters (especially Eretria) and their relationships. Not just that but like you said, it's based on the books and the lore of the books is captivating, who expects a first season to be absolutely brilliant? Sure they made some changes and it looks like they're adapting all of the ''elfstones of shannara'' book into one season but they managed to make a lot of things better in the series than in the books.

Eretria's and Amberle's relationship isn't just ''about they guy'', I'm actually sad to read that because they've come a long way and even the actresses say that their characters are sometimes closer to eachother then they are to Wil.

Eretria is bisexual in the series which also indicates that she might have some feelings for Amberle, this is pretty obvious for me in the last few episodes and one of the writers/producers has confirmed that he is not ''playing with us''.

But apparently it's easy to dismiss so many good things about a series just because the relationship between the women isn't romantically canon (yet).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Are you looking for Manga/Comics specifically?

If not then I'd go with Emily Fields from Pretty Little Liars as my top pick. She's probably the best treated lesbian fictional character out there. It really goes a long way and it's never really the main focus of her character but it's taken as so granted in the show. I really appreciate it.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

CLEXA IS BACK!!!!

Extended Trailer of the 100 season 3

This season is going to be so messed up.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Anyone know anything about Black Sails?

Watched the first episode when it came out and one of the characters seemed to be serious about their ''relationship'' but I think it was more sexual than anything.

I've also seen footage of another character, that shows up in the first episode aswell, that is going to have some sort of relationship with another woman but I have no idea of what nature.

The show itself didn't seem interesting to me, that's why I didn't cotinue it.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Okay after unnecessarily creating a second seperate topic for this, I'm here now.

Anyways, the playlist is complete now. Did anyone actually watch this yet?

edit: nvm it's still airing

last edited at Dec 15, 2015 4:39PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Has anyone seen the new episodes fo Transit Girls, I'm in love with this drama.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

When will they lay us to rest

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

It'd be really helpful if you had a list of things you've already watched, otherwise I'd probably recommend Notes from the Garden of Lilies, I tink that one was slept on.