Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Their Story discussion 17 Jan 13:24
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

In light of the link posted earlier we decided to hold off uploading till the situation was better resolved. We'll still be updating, probably soon.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sorry. I'm a loser and a liar :(

I'll get back to this, I'm just not sure when. Hopefully soon. And thanks for keeping it alive!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The scanlator wrote some more on chapter 49 here, for the curious.

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 14 Jan 19:04
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sorry for the dummy upload earlier. I don't know, I really can't see it going that way. Maybe Ran serves as the eventual mediator between Keiko and her ex, but I'd be very surprised if there was any significant relationship development elsewhere. Or maybe that's just me hoping...

Maybe, "worst-case," Keiko and the ex end up back together, and the story ends with Keiko getting the baby she wanted.

last edited at Jan 14, 2015 7:06PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Yuri Website? 13 Jan 22:47
joined Mar 20, 2013

of course I already am! :D

OrangePekoe Admin
Yuri Website? 13 Jan 16:00
joined Mar 20, 2013

Quite surprised not to see NHFH and ShimaZoo GiB on the list. (・ω・)

i was about to spank op but then i saw post date so i forgive

yesplease

I-I would be the Ran to your Keiko.

last edited at Jan 13, 2015 4:01PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Yuri Website? 13 Jan 00:11
joined Mar 20, 2013

YuriHouse does a ton of scanning and provides lots of decent raws, worth a look if you're into that sort of thing.

"decent"
;_;

Glad to be listed though.

Sorry :(

I meant super wonderful and perfect and amazing.

I'm a fail.

last edited at Jan 13, 2015 12:12AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This was so great. Really liked the art too.

Probably because it is drawn and written by Sakurako and Arumi, who work on the official Love Live manga. It's also included in the Love Live grouping, so it takes over the tags.

It was accidentally placed in the Love Live grouping, so it inherited all those tags (including artists). The doujin is actually by Yuika. Fixed now.

last edited at Jan 7, 2015 11:17AM

joined Mar 20, 2013

This is light, fluffy, and totally G-rated: http://dynasty-scans.com/series/chatting_at_the_amber_teahouse

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

why is it korean? there's the japanese here

http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=4414

Because it's originally written in Korean. The Japanese version is a translation.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's on their page now!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Signature list:
1. AkikoXi
2. Truna
3. Ari-chan
4. Fire Shadow
5. Rye
6. yuzuyuri (glob this number)
7. AkiraH
8. Desunomic
9. Makkomakorin
10. OrangePekoe

ahem

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Are there any plans for putting something under the top 6 most popular for the past 7 days? There is just so much white space under it that it feels like a such a waste for not putting anything there. Maybe make it top 10 (it looks like it can even fit 12) for the past week instead? Or maybe have the most popular/recent topic in the forums at the moment?

Something like this would be nice.

Building off of it, an overall view count for series/chapters - I could figure out the design for this if interested - would be nice. We have it for the forums, why not for the actual content as well?

anyone know if School Police was dropped?

Scanlator's website is the best place to ask, though it would appear so.

So maybe we could have some kind of warning in the front page when a series is going to be deleted, so that there will be time to those who don't have it to download them?

I'm not the decision maker, so my opinion here is irrelevant. That said, my suggestion to you would be to just keep an eye out. We only remove series that the scanlator's wish to be removed. If there's a series that you really enjoy, read the scanlator's release notes - if it's going to be licensed, they'll usually mention what they're doing on their site.

And could we also have some kind of list with the name of the series that had been deleted or can't be placed here? Like series that had been licensed or that the translators don't want to be uploaded here, like Blue Friend that was translated by Yurikai or two doujins from Madoka that I think had been deleted because the mangaka didn't want them here.

There is a spread out and not really complete list like that here. I have a new 90% written topic for it that includes all those previous ones, so maybe just wait for that.

Also could you guys make a torrent? It's kind of annoying that you can download only eight chapters per day...

Been under consideration for a while. (Broken record, etc.) you can get all these downloads at the scanlator's website most of the time.

I don't know if this is the right place for this.

Thks.

Definitely the right place to ask! It's already been suggested, though I'm not sure of the status on it.

This might be a really horrible suggestion, but would it be possible to blacklist pairings in manage profile...?

We can't already..? Yes please!

last edited at Dec 31, 2014 12:32AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I just died laughing when I hit the punchline in this chapter. xP

Also, why oh why is Yuri Hime the only yuri magazine that can stay afloat? (Not that I'm complaining about Yuri Hime! I'm just greedy and want more yuri. :P)

Viva Hirari, viva! You fought the good fight. You will be missed.

Well we don't even know if yuri hime is actually profitable...

Hundreds of magazines fold after just a handful of issues. Hundreds more release steadily without ever really changing their formula or content level. Everything Ichijinsha has done suggests Yuri Hime makes at least decent profit for them. Examples: Undergoing re-branding (from Yuri Shimai to Yuri Hime), breaking out into new magazines (S, Wildrose, Petit), upgrading from quarterly issue to bi-monthly, expanding page count (after S merged, and steadily since), etc.

Also, why oh why is Yuri Hime the only yuri magazine that can stay afloat?

One word: Citrus

Two words: Yuru Yuri. I'm sure Citrus is doing quite well for itself, but even if you combine that and the other 2nd-tier series YH has (Yuri Danshi), I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue they bring in more revenue than yuri's ultimate cash cow.

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 10:02AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I swear to god if the next chapter, they're back to school or something and not still getting ready for bed, I'ma be so mad. They don't need to show the actual sex but I AT LEAST wanna see the cute shit right before it!

Have they even kissed..? Natural development is much better than sudden sex. They're like 12 years old, still total babies!

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 28 Dec 11:37
joined Mar 20, 2013
40460ff56aa55815e5e55efe2f417850

Ran in Megami/Nyantype, which is pretty light ground for Canon, Imo. That said, it's still official art, it is canon, and I don't have any problem with it; tagged both.

last edited at Dec 28, 2014 11:37AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

If this manga ends like Happy End, I'm never going to read yuri unless it's pure, male-less yuri

I'm the same way I feel that the tags are lying to us, or have been used incorrectly. They have to tag this more accurately, because more people are going to be upset

You know, we're always willing to listen to suggestions (keep in mind I asked for some in the very first post of the thread). Saying "the tags are lying to us...They have to tag this more accurately" comes off as inflammatory rather than helpful, and offers me little inventive to change the tags.

And for the record, I don't read Chinese - even a little - but the tagging is scanlator-approved (beyond a tentative suggestion that we add "drama"), and I'd be hard-pressed to see why he would lie about something like that.

last edited at Dec 27, 2014 5:34PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

BTW, I think "Exciting Feelings" is a wrong title. It's "Fluttering Feelings". Sounds kinda better, eh?
(Sauce: 4chan)

Well, they also came up with the original title, so~....

Chapter 1 has been updated again with some more fixes. The title has also been changed.

joined Mar 20, 2013

Updated anthology info page, though I still think the title should be changed to " I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train".

Changed, and thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Shimapanda x raizoo pairing are awesome too! Someone please make a doujin about them

(^ω^)

:3c :3c :3c RIGHT? :3c :3c :3c

x3

Thank you for the release, GiB! Merry Christmas everyone!

Please don't be too Umi Umi uuu Shima

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 12:26PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That's very subjective, not that I complain but there some people that think stretch is yuri...wut?

Shots fired. On Christmas Day, no less!

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 3:51AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Forum Rules 24 Dec 22:54
joined Mar 20, 2013

But sometimes when I'm checking out a specific thread and I don't find anything that's even slightly relevant to the topic it's supposed to be, it gets quite tiresome.

I'm so sorry :(
I asked Nez to ban me for such offenses, but she was far too nice to do such a thing.

Not that I'm against the ruling or anything.

last edited at Dec 24, 2014 10:55PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Incidentally, although Ooshima Towa is not to be confused with Ooshima Tomo, I believe she is indeed to be confused with Oshima Towa.

We all make mistakes.

I will happily serve as Exhibit A. Totally forgot about that series, thank you for the pointer.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The Ooshima Tomo page on mangaupdate is wrong then

We all make mistakes.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Could somebody tell me the difference between Ooshima Tomo and Ooshima Towa (Cocoa Break)?
Same person, different pen names or?
"Sweat Pea" being their "Circle"'s name?

Different people, roommates.

This manga High school girls is from Ooshima Tomo ? o_o

Ooshima Towa, different people.

....Ooshima really used to draw differently in 2013 compared to now, huh? And why haven't I heard of this series before?

See above. Maybe haven't heard of it because it isn't yuri, maybe.

last edited at Dec 24, 2014 11:57AM