Forum › Posts by Akiji

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Ten years later, a sequel? Nice!

joined Jul 21, 2020

After reading the tag string, I got very scared and didn't dare read the comic.

joined Jul 21, 2020

How dare they. You should totally complain to the moderators.

You don't need to make useless passive aggressive posts like this. Nya-chan's post was giving constructive criticism and not just shitting on the translator so there's not really a problem with it.

Aaand just as expected. sigh

joined Jul 21, 2020

Lesbian isn't an offensive word, thank you.

And there isn't even a T/N to explain what "rezu" is supposed to mean.

Also, using "Lezzie-stance" for the following wordplay would have been better, in my opinion.

You made choices for translation, and I respect that, but "rezu" makes me think of "resurrection" rather than lezz and this use, in the middle of the manga, sticks out like a sore thumb.

How dare they. You should totally complain to the moderators.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

I don't understand a lot of stuff. I don't get blonde girl, was she supposed to be in love with the other? The talk about boys, it was a smokescreen? Was she waiting to last page of the diary to write her confession?
I don't understand either who's that other woman with glasses, in page 4, consoling blonde girl who cries: a new character? a future lover? Is she listening to the same story from the blonde's pov?
Too little info, too much guessing to do.

"Idle talk about idols." Clever.

Really proud of that one, actually.

And I don't even understand what's the clever joke. I'm having a dumb day today. ≧。≦

joined Jul 21, 2020

So Marika is a Spaghetti-chan?

joined Jul 21, 2020

^ Only Nanaki for now.

joined Jul 21, 2020

You know what I just realized?

Last chapter is a good example of this meme: two bottoms wanting to have sex!

And it also is a shining example of why this meme is such bullshit. Sure it may be a fun joke, but in reality there's no tragedy in being a bottom and going to bed with another bottom : it just works like for Ena and Asumi.

joined Jul 21, 2020

People are really prompt at throwing stones at Yukako I see.

Everyone knows that lesbians should be strong and fierce and never waver in front on social pressure...

Otherwise, they are just "trash"

/s

I'm mad af with every single person who wrote in this thread to insult Yukako.

Yes yes every lesbian in the world who ever caved in to heteronormative patriarchal social coercion is an evil rotten bitch and deserves lots bad things to happen to her. /s

Wanna me to tell you where you all can shove your victim-blaming?

joined Jul 21, 2020

The final chapter came out yesterday. We’ll probably release chapter 10 and 11 simultaneously.

That makes me sad that it's over, but thx for your work! Be eagerly waiting for the releases.

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 1:48PM

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

That's not really heterophobia. This is a site that predominantly caters to yuri fans.

Besides, that's not even a thing in the first place.

I dunno.... have some survey or statistical data on that?

Akiji
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Jan 13:36
joined Jul 21, 2020

I'm nervous about future develops, considering the shit in Todorako that made me go from loving it to hating it in the span of a chapter. But I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt.

What is making people say this about Tadokoro-san? Rabies? Religion? Tell me what disease has affected you people.

At a guess, I’d say maybe the attempted r*pe scene, which was, uh, fumbled preeeetty hard.

Wut? Somebody was raped in Tadokoro manga?
I must have missed that chapter.
Unless you talking about one of the many times Tadokoro was aggressed by some bad apples, then Nika came & beat up the baddies & saved her?

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Question and I am honestly asking: how is Ai no longer a useless lesbian anymore?

I think now she aknowledges that she wants to fuck Chie's brains out instead of going "oh! What is this? Why id my heart beating so fast!?....what could be this feeling?!?!?!"

The op has a point. It's ok to realize/accept your desires, but until you act on them you're still useless.
The touchstone for determining the graduation from uselessness is sex; surrogates like wet dreams or shlick-shlick usually don't count.

last edited at Jan 16, 2021 4:03PM

Akiji
Lunch discussion 03 Jan 10:33
joined Jul 21, 2020

Oi! No flirting in the classroom!
How d'you expect your classmates to study if you distract them like that?

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Stannis posted:

Onibi is the spiritual master for mask, unconsciously mask has in these moments of reflection images of kaoru that appear. Sign that unconsciously kaoru and in her thoughts even if for the moment she rejects them. Make no mistake the flirtation between kaoru and mask is the direction that the story will take, mask venere onibi at the same time they are together for a long time contrary to the recent relationship between kaoru and mask.
Personally these segments kaoru-mask , onibi-nao, shizuka-mio are the most interesting because they have a trajectory much less classic than the other "couples".

Otherwise for onibi it is obvious that his evolution in terms of potential love is going to be in the direction of NAO ...

I couldn't agree more

Ship wars! Ship wars!

joined Jul 21, 2020

I thought they would get more competitive

If you want competitive office ladies, try Black & White by Sal Jiang.
You don't get more competitive than this. Almost Kill Bill level. :v

joined Jul 21, 2020

I also wouldn’t mind seeing Yamada especially being more proactive and independent in her own chosen sphere (that is what attracted Kase to her in the first place, after all).

What, like inviting Kase to sleep at her place on Christmas night? lol

No, actually I’m fine with the progress of their sex life. lol

By “chosen sphere” I mean as a vegetable goddess: Yamada showing that she’s got special qualities beyond making Kase want to jump her bones (not that that’s anything to sneeze at).

Progress... as a vegetable goddess?

Something like this, perhaps? xP

joined Jul 21, 2020

So I looked up 尊い and it seems it sounds like "tōtoi" (toh-oh-toy) and means "precious" just like the tlr said.

But I have never heard anyone say toh-oh-toy in any anime or tv drama I watched. "Moe" sure, all the time, but toh-oh-toy never.
Gotta be a really niche thing, like fujoshi speak for cool boys and BL? Either that or it's way unusual in everyday talk. I wonder if it's more common in manga? Like that one chapter of Yuru Oyako where Yuuki explains "precious" to Sayaka and then Sayaka calls Yuuki precious, I wonder if it was 尊い they were talking about?

As far as I know, it's recent-ish otaku slang (I especially see it a lot among BL/yuri fans), so you'll probably see it more in manga (at least for now). The term was what the Yuru Oyako chapter was about - Sayaka didn't understand it because it's a young people term and imagined a Buddha statue because of its standard meaning's "noble" connotations, when it's actually something like feelings of "this is too adorable" crossed with that "I want to protect it" meme. 尊死 is also fairly common, which is something like "it's so 尊い that I died" or simply "death by preciousness".

Thanks so much for the explanation!! I learned new things!
So I was right about Sayaka-Yuuki and it was about that they were talking! It was something I put in my post like an afterthought, without pondering much. By pure luck, it turns out it was an exact guess!

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 10:47AM

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Poor Omichi has trouble even recognizing those as panties... :D

Honestly I'd have trouble too. e.e

joined Jul 21, 2020

So I looked up 尊い and it seems it sounds like "tōtoi" (toh-oh-toy) and means "precious" just like the tlr said.

But I have never heard anyone say toh-oh-toy in any anime or tv drama I watched. "Moe" sure, all the time, but toh-oh-toy never.
Gotta be a really niche thing, like fujoshi speak for cool boys and BL? Either that or it's way unusual in everyday talk. I wonder if it's more common in manga? Like that one chapter of Yuru Oyako where Yuuki explains "precious" to Sayaka and then Sayaka calls Yuuki precious, I wonder if it was 尊い they were talking about?

joined Jul 21, 2020

I can't believe the very first message in this thread is someone calling the mc a garbage ball.
I'd call for moderation.... but the one who wrote that line is staff. ಠ_ಠ
Dynasty forum: where yuri lovers can&will be puritans too....

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

^ Isn't it typical? Literary judges don't like feel-good stories with happy endings. Awards always go to sad & tragic stories.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

The “bog” was a term much beloved by schoolboys, and may have reflected the squelchy nature underfoot.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!
All-boy schools are so filthy and disgusting, squelchy toilet floors yuck yuck yuck.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

I used to say "I'm going to the water-closet" but I've been told it's way too dated.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

It's impressive how much sense this didn't make.

I'm reminded of the old joke: I read this story two times, and the second time I didn't understand it.