Forum › Posts by Wtv

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I disagree that Gran is "canon", because it makes no sense in this series (and I don't like the term, anyway, since it's fiction to begin with). The anime is clearly not connected with the game, the PS4 game is confirmed to be an alternate reality than the mobile game, so what makes Gran's journey the canon one? It's just different stories.
But yeah, he's the default protagonist, and I wish they would change the start of the game so we can start with Djeeta as well, but I guess they're too lazy for that.
Funny thing is that Djeeta is the most popular character, being the one most used by players. So the decision in using Gran is just a stupid tendency to be traditional.

On the yuri side, beside all said above, there's some character who have a interest in the protagonist, and it doesn't change if you're playing with Djeeta or Gran. So there's some girls who'll be into Djeeta (Zeta being one of them)...as well as at least on guy who flirts with Gran. On the other side, the events with Vira as shown to be more romantic towards the player when you're playing with Djeeta than when you're playing with Gran.
There's also Cordelia, the girl who looks like a handsome man (not at all), and all the girls are in love with her. She has a female friend that knows she's a girl and all the events the two of them are together, they're always flirting with each other.
Some other yuri pairings too, like Silvia and Song (player who saw her 5 star uncap says they're basically a couple) and Yuel and Societte.

It's a fun game, if not a little grind. But the story are really well written, so even if you're not playing it for the gameplay, it's worth to keep coming back to each event.

Also, next two anime episodes will probably be an alternate story with Djeeta as protagonist. It's a shame she gets only that, but at least it's something.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I didn't read it, and I'm not planning to, so I can't really say for sure whether they're appropriate, but with words like "cry for help" and "what the hell" and "terrible" thrown around in the comments above me, it sounds like the story needs some sort of tag besides "School girl" and "Yuri."

Those were exageratted comments. There wasn't much in this doujin beside "I'm afraid one of us will die someday". They just love each other so much that they don't want to think about the other disappearing, what is pretty normal.
The strangling part was weird, but the character herself said it so, and it wasn't really violent, so whatever.
Pretty much just cute yuri as always.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The Nozomi/Mizore movie might be yuri and interesting, though.
Not really interested on the other one.

Wtv
Anime season 28 May 01:35
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Second...? Did the angel girl ever actually get together with that girl that likes her?

To be fair, I'm still a little behind. But as far as I know, and the pages I saw about it, yes, they seem to be dating.

When it's actually focusing on the character relationships instead of it's batshit worldbuilding or little kids being cute, at least

I think most of it does focus on the character's relationships, though. At least in the volumes I read, and I don't think it'll be animated after them. And, well, even the little kids are gay.

But yeah, the focus isn't romance, but at the same time, yuri where the focus isn't romance is something we need more of.

Wtv
Anime season 28 May 00:51
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Centaur no Nayami might as well be considered a yuri manga.
Even the straight girls are gay.

Sorta? From what I recall, gayness was inversely proportional to relevance. So I don't know how many of those lesbian side characters will show up in the anime

That's the thing, even the main character is pretty gay, although with she is more like on the subtext side. Although her aunt calls her a lesbian, and she's okay kissing her female friend.
And although the first lesbian couple are really minor side characters, the second one feature a very regular character. All relationship focus are between girls and most of them have a yuri tease. It's more yuri than some Yuri Hime mangas.

Wtv
Anime season 28 May 00:07
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Tenshi no 3P is a loli harem series, I think. Definitely has a male lead

For all-female stuff there's Action Heroine Cheer Fruits, Battle Girl High School, Hina Logi, and Princess Principal, along with New Game S2 and Symphogear AXYZ. Plus actual yuri in Netsuzou Trap

Centaur no Nayami and Kakegurui are also worth keeping an eye on

Not going to be short on yuri shipping material

Centaur no Nayami might as well be considered a yuri manga.
Even the straight girls are gay.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Wtv posted:

I don't know why this was posted here, anyway. Has nothing to do with yuri.

Maybe as a warning? I thought it would be interesting to discuss, but not to watch.
I like dynasty because it has lot of yuri, but it was never a yuri only site.

It's not a yuri only site, but it's weird to create a topic for a random show that probably no one will be interested, anyway.
This is just another josei smut, just like that one with a monk this season, but with a trap instead (No, he's not trans). Synopsis and name are pretty obvious, so I doubt anyone would watch it thinking it's yuri.

Synopsis yes, name... Only in english, because imagine if you're an innocent yuri fan and you watch that PV, and then you see the promotional art... AND then watch the anime and pass the first hall BOOM! It's just a prank bro . I hope no one gets baited.

Hm. Well, I always read synopsis before watching something. I though it was common sense, but maybe not.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Maybe as a warning? I thought it would be interesting to discuss, but not to watch.
I like dynasty because it has lot of yuri, but it was never a yuri only site.

It's not a yuri only site, but it's weird to create a topic for a random show that probably no one will be interested, anyway.
This is just another josei smut, just like that one with a monk this season, but with a trap instead (No, he's not trans). Synopsis and name are pretty obvious, so I doubt anyone would watch it thinking it's yuri.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Disgusting. Apparently the author lack the ability to attract reader with his own talent so he went with clickbait. Humans and their disgusting nature at its finest.

Hope this would be a mega crash.

sighs Apparently we are getting this shit instead of yuri adaptation of Octave or The Real Her.

The title makes it pretty obvious what it is about, so I wouldn't call it clickbait.

Wtv
Anime season 24 May 20:19
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

finally yuri couple in Granblue???

Can you spoiler tag who? I got no interest in the show but I play the game.

Mary and Karva
Don't know why I spoiled that, but okay.
On the there side, anime producer confirmed that Djeeta will appear on the anime. It'll probably be just a stupid random cameo to show us how great she could be instead of boring Gran.

Who knows, though. They could bring her and Vira at the same time, since it's a popular ship.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, obviously not right away, since we see the marks clearly immediately after the bite, but yeah, they still may heal extra fast after that, in which case the entire discussion is moot, and the author just chose inner thighs for added eroticism. ^^

Minor spoilers from chapter 2, but.. she still has the mark the next morning

Wtv
Anime season 01 May 03:18
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

still hoping that this garbage getting animated open ways for actual good yuri, or at least decent ones.

It has to be a giant succes for that. One that no one is expecting. Say, something on KemoFure level. Fact is, not even Yuri Hime is expecting Citrus to sell. The only reason these animes will exist is to make the magazine sell.
That's why I think they're kinda dumb to make two drama animes. They should adapt something more lighthearted with it. It makes no sense, because if someone buy the magazine because of one of them, the other one won't help further.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

England Exchange.

You can choose between a female and male protagonists. A girl with darkish skin and spectacular hairdo and a dude with glasses.
There are eight romanceable characters. Two are lesbians and can be romanced by the female PC. Other girl is bi, but the female PC can't romance her.

Personally I'm unsure about this one. Maybe I'm spoiled by 'A Little Lily Princess' with all the female characters and lovely cute art.

This doesn't look like a Hanako game at all. It looks like those hundred cheap eroge tier games they keep making kickstarter for. That's a shame, but I guess this is what western fans want, after all.

I really hope someone makes something like Little Lily Princess again sometime. That game was great. Even enough to rival against Japanese visual novels.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Bang Dream game is pretty good too (also Japanese only). Made by the same dev as Sif, but more polished I every way imo. It's also pretty well written. They actually have drama and character development in the stories.

Wtv
Anime season 09 Apr 01:50
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

So, apparently the show's director posted online saying this is a lie.
Probably someone's idea of April's Fool.

You mean this tweet? I have no idea who this guy is but more clarification would be appreciated
Anyway this interview ain't exactly recent, it's a guidebook for the movie Bokura no War Game so it's actually really old, only now it came to westerns attention, there was an archive from Futaba Channel from 2015 discussing a little about it but i lost the link i'm afraid
If the interview itself is an elaborate prank or something similar it's hard to say right now, but it definitively exists

Well, looks like someone is about to buy the guidebook, guess there'll be more info on it in about a month or so, until then time to hibernate a bit

They're saying that, although the book exists, the interview itself is fake. That page is a fake.
Unfortunaly, they didn't link where the director said that, but so far there's no reason to doubt it.

Wtv
Anime season 09 Apr 01:11
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

So, apparently the show's director posted online saying this is a lie.
Probably someone's idea of April's Fool.

Wtv
Anime season 08 Apr 23:48
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

As someone with a few siblings the amount of sibling incest in Anime/manga is disturbing. I can overlook it if it's yuri, but I absolutely refuse to watch a show that has het sibling incest.

My biggest problem is how anime sometimes can't see a male and a female without putting sexual tension together. Even on things that makes it really fucked up. (look at Usagi Drop, for example)
So yuri is fine because this problem doesn't exist.

Wtv
Anime season 08 Apr 23:06
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

The guy made one episode and one movie. It's not his place to say what their relationship is about.
It's just his perverted fanfic of the story.

Anyway, never liked Hosoda's movies.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I used to think "this is a bad manga, but I still like it." After this chapter..I just don't know anymore. It might actually be more well written than I give it credit. Or I might be reading too much into it.

This looks like some kind of subversion of the yandere trope. Usually we have a plot with a innocent girl, in innocent moments that turns out to be a psychopath. Here we have a girl we believe is a psychopath, but that the more we learned about it, the more we realize how wrong we are. We though she killed her aunt, turns out her aunt is alive. We thought she wanted to off her friend, turns out she really just wanted to be her friend. Not to be rejected.

The point where she asks Shio what a friend is and both say they don't know it is pretty telling. Those are two lonely girls that were rejected by people around them. Sato in particular was rejected because she was "weird". Can we blame the kids who made her that lonely? We can't. We were sure she was a murder and crazy. We were sure she killed her aunt, and that turned out to be wrong. We were sure she would try to kill Shouko, but at the end she truly just wanted to be her friend. Sato is surrounded by awful people. Shouko is one of the few decent people around her, and Sato always treated her fair. But we made the same assumption the kids on her childhood did.

Again, I might be wrong. Who knows. But if I'm not, that's a pretty interesting approach to the genre. I'm curious about how the next chapters will go.

Wtv
Anime season 02 Apr 01:48
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'm hoping that for the second season they give some clue why the humans haven't back to Japari for at least a generation after the incident with the colossal cerulean (judging by the park's state of repair), despite Mirai saying they would.

I'd assume that the second season of Kemono Friends is going to include Friends, so I'd expect that the outside world is having Sandstar problems of it's own

Actually...
According to that note released by the staff, humanity was extinct once. So pretty much all of humankind still alive are probably friends.

Wtv
Anime season 01 Apr 21:05
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

So regarding Kemono Friends, which I just finished watching, Kaban was basically a clone of Mirai? I honestly didn't see that coming.

She left though and her hat flew off and then Kaban got 'spawned' at the hat. She's supposed to be human, but she just appeared out of nowhere, unless they meant it to be 'there was a hair in the hat and she absorbed it and became a human'. She didn't look like Mirai at all as well, cause you would think she'd take the form of the thing that is absorbed. I don't understand where they were going with it.

Those notes that were posted on this forum helps to understand.

Sandstar create Friends by interacting with any part of an animal's body. That's why even extincts animals like one of the penguim can become Friends. Kaban was created by a strand of Mirai's hair getting in contact with a sandstar. So, Kaban is a Friend of the human species born from a hair.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 9:06PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When I listen to people who claim they are normal compared to those [insert your favourite homophobic slur]... Yeah, stay out of normal, kids. Vote abnormal for the new normal.

well, as long as heterosexuality dominated the world, homosexuality will always be considered abnormal. its just how it goes.
you gotta admit that homosexuality is some kind of irregularity in the life cycle.

You can't really apply the word "normal" and "natural" for most of society's concept. Human society is constructed and unnatural. In fact, homossexuality is more natural than a lot of things we see as "normal", since it exists even on some animal species.
You're just seeing sex as only a mean for reproduction when, in fact, it's more than that, even outside human's life.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This chapter sucks lol

She didn't suck anything this chapter, though.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://twitter.com/idyllic_men/status/834369257148264448
bad news: Seifuku no Vampiresslord is ending next month.

Sad if true, but your link won't load.

Anyway, funny this discussion here. Didn't the author made a lot of tweets saying that it was indeed yuri and people shouldn't worry about it? I remember reading something about that.

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This was one of the few Galette's manga I didn't like.
Although the last one was worse.