Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 22:12
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Oh for fuck's sake--if a character is shown to have recently gotten a surprise short-hair makeover that completely changed the way she looks, then in a subsequent scene she is shown back looking the way she did before without any explanation (not even a short-hair wig lying on the floor) it's beyond fatuous to say "It's a manga--it's not supposed to be hyper-realistic."

Well, I don't see anyone else having problems understanding what was going on, so....

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 22:08
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I had the feeling before but now it's confirmed. Liz is a masochist. Treating Maki like a slave was her lousy attempt to deny her own masochistic nature, but what really gets her going is to be dominated.

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:46
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

after this chapter Liz probably realized that she loved her. And also that she's not a good person herself.

That's fine. What's not okay is for her to get away scot-free. Also Maki deserves better.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 9:47PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:44
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I've seen plenty of wigging in theatre--Liz's hair is all the way down to her ass, that's a very high-cut short hairdo, and there's not the slightest hint of dark hair at her nape. I guess it's supposed to be a wig--but why bother with it at all if the big senpai sex scene is going to be with long-haired Liz?

Why are so hung up on that anyway? It's a manga. It doesn't have to be hyper-realistic. Besides the point of the scene was how easily influenced and manipulated Liz is. It doesn't really matter that it was wig and whatnot.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 9:47PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:32
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

but also with a long, dark-hair wig

You got it backwards. The short hair was a wig.

Oh, I see--one of those wigs containing a pocket dimension which can hold an infinite amount of hair without altering the shape of the head.

It's actually quite possible if your hair doesn't have too much volume.

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:23
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

but also with a long, dark-hair wig

You got it backwards. The short hair was a wig.

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:21
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch02#20 It's exactly the copied pasted from chapter 12 except that unlike maki who licks her ear and gets pushed back directly, liz doesn't do it with senpai ...

Because her ear and her c*nny are for senpai's exclusive use.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 9:23PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:01
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Liz feels like trash to me.

She is trash. I just hope Maki doesn't just suck it up and forgive her. Maki deserves better.

Forgive her? Does Maki even have enough spine to be angry at her in the first place?

She's not that spineless. Maki was playing along with Liz's crap because she was worry about her. If anything, Liz is the spineless one.

In any case, the worst direction this could take is Liz getting away scot-free.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 9:04PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 20:56
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Liz feels like trash to me.

She is trash. I just hope Maki doesn't just suck it up and forgive her. Maki deserves better.

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 20:45
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

What did she even do? She fucking said no

The "dame dame" thing is not a clear sign of rejection, specially in manga. I know that probably isn't compatible with your Western sensibilities, but you've got to remember this is written by a Japanese person. There was no rape. Liz just fucked up. And she knows it hence her regret at the end.

And I will say it again, I hope Maki dumps her ass.

dame dame is one thing, but she literally said "Let me go" which is something pretty different.

And then senpai licked her ear and Liz got all wet and fully consented to go to senpai's hotel room and have sex with her. Sorry but there is NO rape.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 9:11PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 20:40
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

What did she even do? She fucking said no

The "dame dame" thing is not a clear sign of rejection, specially in manga. I know that probably isn't compatible with your Western sensibilities, but you've got to remember this is written by a Japanese person. Besides Liz ended up fully consenting after senpai leaked her ear anyway so there was no rape. Liz just fucked up. And she knows it hence her regret at the end.

And I will say it again, I hope Maki dumps her ass.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 8:44PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 20:33
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's really, really, really gross to me that people think this chapter at least is her fault at all.

Because it is her fault. She wasn't so drunk she didn't know what she was doing.

Anyway. I hope Maki dumps her ass. Liz doesn't deserve her.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

You're still making a lot of assumptions based off very little information. She stopped going to school at some point, but she might have had a perfectly normal school life until recently. Her parents aren't around, but that also might be a recent development.

Why would the author reveal that her family and school situation isn't normal if it wasn't meant to inform her behavior? This isn't rocket science. It's standard storytelling. And it should be enough for anyone to put the pieces together and figure out what's her deal. That been said, we'll probably get that explicit explanation you want at some point, but that explanation would come out of nowhere without buildup. The pieces we're getting now is that buildup. Again, standard storytelling.

And your conclusion goes against other evidence. Ayane is dismissive of Suu, but Suu clearly thinks of her as a friend.

Suu knows her from dad who is Ayane's doctor. Clearly Suu wants to be Ayane's friend, specially since she knows Ayane is all alone and all that. But what matters here is that Ayane doesn't think of her as a friend, which along with her lack of cell phone, suggests she is far from being a socially-adept kind of person, which is informed by her complicated family situation and poor health.

Maybe you're right.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I mean, I know it's not confirmed yet but all the clues are pointing in that direction. We'll get the confirmation soon enough.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 2:04PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Your interpretation, that she's been alone for years and simply doesn't know how to interact with others, is just a guess. There's not really enough information available for us to come to that conclusion. I agree with you that she probably lives on her own, but we don't know that for certain, or when that started.

It's not an interpretation. Suu literally says she's on her own, and also that she doesn't go to school very often. Family and school are the two main sources of interpersonal interaction for a teenager, so it's pretty much a given she doesn't deal with others very often. That's a logical conclusion from what we know about her, not an interpretation.

With Suu-chan in the picture, it's clear that Ayane has some friends or acquaintances, even if she keeps them at a distance, so it's not like she's been in isolation her whole life.

Suu knows her from her dad who is Ayane's doctor. It's literally said Ayane doesn't consider her a friend. Ayane also doesn't have a cell phone, which is another indication that doesn't have any friends.

Basically, it feels like the author, either carelessly or deliberately, has created a state of affairs where Sana has an unbelievably low amount of information about someone she's known intimately for half a year, all for the sake of keeping us in the dark about Ayane's personal life.

Seems logical enough to me though. Ayane is understandably reserved when it comes to her personal life because she doesn't deal with others often. But as she opens up to Sana, she starts to reveal more things about herself. Like when she invited Sana to her house which should be covered soon.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

it’s about what the author has chosen to reveal, and to not reveal, about her background and motivations.

The author revealed enough to make her behavior understandable. She lives alone and barely goes to school. It means she's had very little contact with other human beings. That's all you need to know to understand why her actions don't seem to make a lot of sense sometimes. Of course they wouldn't make sense; she's got no clue how to interact with others.

Simply moving “inside” the story to talk about her as if she were a real person doesn’t affect what the author is and, is not, doing with the characterization.

I'm specifically talking about her characterization.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 6:31PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I think you all are missing the point. Ayane's strange behavior and attitude has nothing to do with her status as "mysterious" character. She just doesn't know how to deal with people. And the reason for that is simply because she lives on her own.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/her_kiss_infectious_lust_ch06#19

We don't know the details. For all we know her parents are dead. What we do know is that she lives alone and is not a recent thing. She probably has been on her own for years, so it's natural she doesn't know how to properly interact with others. Rather than being a mysterious character, she's more like a huge dork who doesn't know how to deal with others. She tries to look cool for Sana but fails miserably at it, and then she sulks like an immature little girl, because that's exactly what she really is.

Heck, even her "seductive" behavior with Micchan was probably just a massively awkward way to make friends with her rather than any actual seduction. She just doesn't know how to properly make friends. She doesn't have any after all.

This is why I like Ayane's character. This isn't just about her and Sana being a cute couple (and they are cute, don't get me wrong). This is also about Ayane learning how to interact with others. And in the latest chapters she's starting to become a little more social than she was at the beginning.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 5:42PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So their friendship may not have been so special? Is that what this chapter's implying? Even so, can't wait to get some Tsugumi backstory

I doubt that. It seems like it was kind of secret or rather unnoticeable bestfriend(or more who knows) kind of relationship, especially with how timid Midori is.

Midori herself has said multiple times her relationship with Tsugumi was rather one-sided. She knew that she wasn't special to Tsugumi. So what the nurse is saying actually makes sense. If anything, I'm not sure where Haru got the idea Midori and her mother were close. No one ever said they were.

This is not true because Midori was silent and tsugumi systematically made the first step to talk... Moreover it was found in the adult tsugumi smartphone the number of Midori she had kept while there was no one else…

As the nurse said, Tsugumi got along with everyone. She was outgoing. There was nothing rare about her talking to a quiet introverted girl. It doesn't mean they were close. Midori herself doesn't think they were close either.

I do wonder why Tsugumi kept her phone. Maybe Midori made a stronger impression in her than she thinks. Either way, I don't think they were close.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 10:46AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So their friendship may not have been so special? Is that what this chapter's implying? Even so, can't wait to get some Tsugumi backstory

I doubt that. It seems like it was kind of secret or rather unnoticeable bestfriend(or more who knows) kind of relationship, especially with how timid Midori is.

Midori herself has said multiple times her relationship with Tsugumi was rather one-sided. She knew that she wasn't special to Tsugumi. So what the nurse is saying actually makes sense. If anything, I'm not sure where Haru got the idea Midori and her mother were close. No one ever said they were.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 3:38AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Sayaka already got spin-off, it’s not a rumor lol. It’s just that it’s a light novel not a manga but Nakatani was the illustrator. There were already 2 books out, and the third book will be released on 2020. And we surely see Haru’s design on this 3rd book.

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko

If I’m correct that it was Haru-chan in the end of the 2nd book, Sayaka indeed described her like a “dog”, and sort of lively... so she seems an opposite of Touko, more like Yuu probably.

And more importantly, when Haru called Sayaka "senpai," Sayaka got reminded of Yuu, who used to call Touko "senpai" as well. Basically, the novel makes it pretty clear Haru is meant to be Sayaka's "Yuu."

(Reply to Shojie's and this comment)
The vague description we got from Sayaka about Haru doesn't make her seem like either Yuu or Touko. A girl full of life, clothed in spring, a lot of movement, seemingly shy enough but still had the courage to approach Sayaka... yeah, definitely not a Yuu. Yuu is much quieter, not very energetic, a kind girl but can be blunt when the time calls for it. Haru seems more genki? Not totally but kinda like that (we'll find out later I guess...). Touko is closer personality-wise since she is a cute dork, but is still remarkably different.
I do agree that Haru is "Yuu" in a way- she will be the girl who will "save" Sayaka, but in a different way Yuu did with Touko.

I wasn't talking about personality per se. Just the feel to it. Like in this scene from the novel when Haru literally reminds Sayaka of Yuu:

“I’m in your hands, senpai.” The girl jokes lightly, moving to stand beside me.
“Senpai, huh…” I let out a little chuckle at the sound of the word.
The girl tilts her head a little in response.
“It’s nothing.” I had just recalled a certain junior whom I’d never be able to forget even if I wanted to. I say ‘recall’ but to be fair, we do still see each other once in a while. In fact, I see her more often than I see Touko. It’s easy for us to meet anyway. Not just physically, but emotionally.

Also, I don't think Haru is meant to "save" Sayaka. The theme the novel is developing with Sayaka is the she fucked up all her relationships because she was too passive and always followed others instead of taking the initiative. So having a little underclassman as love interest is meant to push her out of her comfort zone. For once Sayaka has to be the assertive one and take the lead.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 10:48PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Sayaka already got spin-off, it’s not a rumor lol. It’s just that it’s a light novel not a manga but Nakatani was the illustrator. There were already 2 books out, and the third book will be released on 2020. And we surely see Haru’s design on this 3rd book.

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko

If I’m correct that it was Haru-chan in the end of the 2nd book, Sayaka indeed described her like a “dog”, and sort of lively... so she seems an opposite of Touko, more like Yuu probably.

And more importantly, when Haru called Sayaka "senpai," Sayaka got reminded of Yuu, who used to call Touko "senpai" as well. Basically, the novel makes it pretty clear Haru is meant to be Sayaka's "Yuu."

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 9:08PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko.

The funny thing is that she's actually more like Yuu than Touko.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Kurasume unlocked the incest route. Now it's just one more step to get the oyakadon threesome. Go for it, Kurasume.

Kazu-kun
Lily Marble discussion 01 Sep 14:23
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

so they are dating again? Not very clear

No, this chapter was a flashback. You can tell because

1) Aya has short hair in this chapter while she has long hair in the present time.
2) Aya and Risa are still in college here while they have long graduated in the present.
3) Aya has a very innocent dream of getting married in this chapter while in the present time she's divorced and shaded.

So basically this whole chapter happens before they broke up.

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 2:26PM

Kazu-kun
Lily Marble discussion 01 Sep 06:51
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Woah Aya finally said yes to a relationship to Risa and now they got "married" :O
The chapter is so cute but it still remainds us that people cannot always marry the one they love...

Nah, this chapter was a flashback from before they broke up. Note Aya has short hair and they're still in college.

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 7:02AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It should be noted that Japanese is a deeply contextual language so there's a lot that is understood without being spelled out. English isn't like that so you probably need to add "at your house" to make the line flow properly. That considering, 4s' translation seems on point.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 5:59PM