Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is the best birthday present ever ;_;

HonoMaki for life!

P.S. You're late

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Basketbaaaaaalllllllll. The only sport I've ever really followed of my own volition. Excited for game 7 tomorrow...

OrangePekoe Admin
Nomia discussion 30 Apr 08:28
joined Mar 20, 2013

If I am to assume there are essentially two options for all monogamous relationships, a) staying together "forever" or b) breaking up, I would think most relationships end in break ups. Perhaps this is close-minded of me, and you have a different viewpoint.

OrangePekoe Admin
Nomia discussion 29 Apr 19:56
joined Mar 20, 2013

No, it saves itself that fate by refusing to mention the gender of the new lover.

More accurately, this is a poem about how most relationships end up.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

No permission at this time, working on it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Love Latte discussion 28 Apr 21:59
joined Mar 20, 2013

Didn't you know? Girls can only have sex with toys or when banged by men while kissing the girl they're in love with /sarcasm

Totally. Like, why would I go out with my girlfriend if I didn't have a guy invovled? People these days.

You're obviously going out with her to make the guy you like jealous, geez. Lesbians? What are those? ~.~

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Question for OrangePekoe (the uploader):

Why is the "Chuseok Special" special chapter uploaded in the images section?
It's not really "just an image".

Why is it not uploaded as a chapter in the chapters section?
If it were, it would technically be chapter 5.5, as it was released between chapters 5 and 6.
(I see this convention of special chapters being numbered .5 in other series.)

Hmm, I guess the short answer is that we'd really prefer to avoid single page chapters, and it didn't appear particularly relevant to anything going on in the series. But I think we missed the fact that it was meant to be a chapter, and since you mentioned it, I'll look at changing it from an image to a chapter. Thank you~

OrangePekoe Admin
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 15:09
joined Mar 20, 2013

Wait, does F3 Work different in England? It has only ever searched for me.

Probably just depends on how your laptop keys are mapped...if you even use one.

OrangePekoe Admin
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 15:05
joined Mar 20, 2013

F3. I don't get why I always see people saying Ctrl + F, and never F3. Never.

F3 is mapped to brightness control. Searching with F3 would be fn + F3.

Also, you're forgiven.

Nah I was just kidding! I am really BAD with people, I've been in trial and error but nothing worked soooo... I pass sorry, I'm really glad with the current system of dynasty. I can read, share and laugh with you guys but w/o need to know each others personally.

Serenata wins the thread with this massive rejection D;

OrangePekoe Admin
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 14:09
joined Mar 20, 2013

I never noticed your contact info, I'm a creeper so I demand your contact!

Eh~ It's in my posting history. Ctrl + f "mail" in my posting history. Not hard to find.

OrangePekoe Admin
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 13:59
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dudes, I put my contact info up on the forums all the time~

Nobody has ever responded to me unless they were meant to. But maybe the creepers are on the lookout for threads like these. Who knows~

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 2:01PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Words travels fast. If you frequent /u/, he's often a topic in the releases and general threads. His last few releases here have probably also prompted discussion about this that informed people.

I don't really read H-manga, especially if it isn't yuri, but I still know Maruta by word-of-mouth.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

or for the Nezchan x OrangePekoe Fanfic I wrote.

Wait what. WE ARE REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL LIVES AND REAL LOVES MAN. NOT COOL. Not cool..!

last edited at Apr 27, 2015 6:19PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

If a moderator is able to, I would kindly ask to rename the title to "Maki-chan's home visit" if possible.

Gladly~

joined Mar 20, 2013

"If I give you too many kisses you'll get love handles..."

...Pardon me. I swear I'm not dying of laughter from stupid jokes.

last edited at Apr 27, 2015 1:04AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Of course I'll be the first to admit I could be completely off-base, but I don't really think that's the case.
I'm anticipating a perfectly happy ending. Seriously, this is Heebee. He has a clear, unbridled passion for girls' love. Really doubtful the concern is warranted.

Hm? I thought the "Publication Cancelled" thing just meant that the "Weekly Mikan-chan" was cancelled because all of the magazines and "research" material disappeared along with the mansion.

Well....double meanings and all that...

To be fair, that is pretty normal for manga. Endings often seem kinda rushed and badly thought out.

It's probably the biggest trade-off of the serial format..? Very few series get the necessary time/notice to put together decent, coherent endings.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 6:43PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ehhhhh. I think "Publication Cancelled" should've been a great hint of what actually happened. It would appear that some of Heebee's later-developed characters aren't even going to get their resolution, which is kinda sad.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm not crying ;_;

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^I'm the type who'd rather cry when I'm alone at home, after the bad stuff has happened ^^; Based on the story, I sort of imagine that's what happened.

It's actually a really sad story though. Nice to get some strong angst every once in a while. Thankfully, I still laughed because this is the rudest page in all of yuri.

It's like it's trying to take a specific feeling in a specific moment and put it in a form that's communicable to others, and I don't know if people might get kind of distracted by the unexplained life choices of the paper thin characters, when they're not as important as the scenario they're being used to convey.

This is a very Japanese sentiment, and I'm with you.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 1:01PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Their Story discussion 21 Apr 22:58
joined Mar 20, 2013

You probably already knew, but the artist posts it on their Weibo. No Chinese skills, so I have no idea how that site works for reading order or anything.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 10:58PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Citrus discussion 21 Apr 18:08
joined Mar 20, 2013

But with the overload of ads displayed on MF, it's clear that it's not a privately owned website, but a hosted one. Someone renting a server, that can look for very specific data, crack codes, download data, upload data and organize it in specific ways all on its own and NOT charge a fee to enter the website seems highly unlikely.

They claim to do pretty good business on their website. (Taken from this topic)

There isn't even much to organize, either. There are dozens of free "download from manga-hosting site x" bots available for download all across the internet. Genre data can be imported from mangaupdates with some simple lines of code. The download/upload process can literally be boiled down to a few clicks from a bot, which I'm sure anyone hosting highly-sought licensed manga for "free" ought to be able to create - or hire someone else to - with relative ease.

I understand the skepticism, but I'm not really sure why it's necessary in this case.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 6:09PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is there an actual post of the year competition?

If the judge were me, I could probably give you my nominees/winners for 2013 and '14 (edit: yes I'm a loser). But sadly there isn't an actual competition...

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 2:00PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I enjoy the secret story this oneshot tells:
This is possibly the first instance of someone shipping yuri magazines in a yuri magazine.

Nominating for post of the year 2015.

Thank you so much, it was both hilarious and rather interesting!

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 1:53PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Happy End discussion 20 Apr 12:24
joined Mar 20, 2013

I didn't mean stated, stated, just the way that the story lead into the final scene seemed to indicate completely towards the sister.

"However...the world they shared didn't continue forever." "I wonder who got the happy ending." "With Ume-chan by my side, we both did."

All of the above dialogue points to their relationship ending, happily. After the time-skip Ume is dressed in a coat, outside visiting the grave of their goldfish (a signal to the past), clearly not a huge part of whatever proceedings are taking place inside the church.

Even if you discounted all of the above or interpreted those differently, it's very difficult to read this as an incestuous wedding given that they're in a church, there's no relevant approach of that topic in the chapter, and there's no discussion of Ume being "the groom (or bride)" that there ought to be when she kisses her sister in the final scene.

Of course, if it makes you happy to think of it as yuri, more power! Stories are all about interpretation, and if that interpretation makes you feel best, go for it.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the yuri-eyes operation, because I still can't see the het.

I've never known someone who passed up yuri goggles for the riskier option of having your vision permanently changed. Truly, you are a hero and an inspiration to us all..! begins weeping

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:26PM