Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I predict a lot of future stories will be like this: yes, we've accepted civil unions in Japan. But no, I won't allow you to agitate for marriage because what about the family registry and the federal registry. Those registries are really venerated.

Marion Diabolito
My Beloved discussion 02 Jun 20:02
joined Jan 5, 2015

FRom what I saw above half is right, 5/10 is scanlated so far.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This entire story instills very insecure feelings in me as a reader. It's as if they live in a glass house. Over a volcano. On the edge of a cliff. In a tsunami and tornado region.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I suppose Mika at least gave her young suitor an education, wising her up a bit about the world. This latest is cute.

The mention of My Beloved reminded me of Please My God Please which is the series I'd most like to be revived and finished.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 6:50PM

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Jun 16:40
joined Jan 5, 2015
55350602_p0

So ... ano ne ... Random Bird is right!

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Jun 16:20
joined Jan 5, 2015
42117512_p0

I root for the underdog in my OTPs: so I hate Marisa x anyone-but-Alice but Alice-x-someone occasionally is just Alice paying back Marisa for cheating on her in all those other ships, so I don't mind it. (I'm the same way with Nico-x-someone in LL). Also Patchouli and Alice are my 2 favorite characters, with Marisa and REimu and flandre and remilia somewhere behind them. Patchy and Alice have a sweet, pure cuteness that's hard to top, both being introverts.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 4:21PM

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Jun 16:13
joined Jan 5, 2015
61677327_p0

Good little vampires know frozen food can still be tasty.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Jun 16:12
joined Jan 5, 2015
61677327_p0

She invited herself over to have dinner and make out - wait, you didn't know she meant "at the same time?"

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Jun 14:20
joined Jan 5, 2015
Wmzqdim

Nico is so unrepentant.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The thing is this is almost a Left series in a way. None of the heroes consider that if a monster dies, that's it. They only realize how awful that is when it faces THEM, and worse, once the danger passes - thanks to the monster - they're back thinking monsters are evil. The monster is essentially a working-class, punch-clock "villain." So she's unsentimental but empathetic.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Seems like Sayuri is kind of losing it now.

I feel her sanity is slowly leaching out and infusing into sempai. Contrariwise, some of sempai's madness is leaching into Sayuri. Soon they will be in equilibrium, like the Yin and the Yang in the ...

But that's a different religion.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

By the way, as I've seen with my own friends and relatives, if you land a "princess," they're usually quite high maintenance. Tsumugi is finding that out about Beniko. Fortunately, she's too devoted to care.

At first I only cared about Ai-chan and Fuu-chan but Beniko and Tsumugi and their rivals grew on me.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

That was nice ensing for them.

Now if only Mera finished Fuu and Ai's story I would truly be happy with this series.

I agree. and if only someone would bring out volume 3 in English. What a weird place to stop.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I really like this, and the main character won her girl with eraser magic. You see, when the name is fully erased, Nikaida will be hers. It works every time.

Marion Diabolito
ReiMariAli discussion 29 May 14:23
joined Jan 5, 2015

Does this settle the Reimu+Marisa vs. Alice+Marisa wars? At least it could bring about a temporary truce. It would be in-character for Marisa as we know her to go, wait, you want me to pick between two cute girls who want to devote themselves to me? Rewind!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am just picturing the author being on a lesbian dating site.

What do I look for in a woman? hmmm you should read my "Master and ..." series, I guess. I really don't like em with even a grade-school education. The more ignorant, clumsy and helpless the better, really. Furries are a must. You should wear a collar all day. Oh, I like em young, too."

I wouldn't take these stories too seriously. The author's created a medieval Japan - with marriages typical of the time, including the age gap - but populated by half-human, half-animals with bisexual marriage as part of the culture. And the focus is relentlessly on cuteness.

last edited at May 29, 2017 2:18PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mugi is our spy in Houkago Teatime, after all. Represent, sister! Hopefully, she is always willing to supply Ritsu and Yui and the others with yuri manga. She has the means, motive and opportunity. She's also a classic yuri character: faced wtih two couples in her band, she crushed on an older straight girl.

last edited at May 29, 2017 2:06PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

^ Lol - ok - not seen anything about that yet - i assume it's an all new cast? Seems pointless and not love live with new members.. It would be like k-on with a new cast. What makes it what it is are THOSE characters not its name or setting.

The rest is history. However K-On! could have easily had a 3rd year without any of the iconic 4 founding members of Houkago Teatime. All it needed was Azusa, Ui, Jun, Sawako.

Marion Diabolito
Lily Love discussion 27 May 18:19
joined Jan 5, 2015

Actually, what was it Ploy was going to say on page 19 that freaked out Ice? Was she going to give the surprise away? Didn't really get that part.

"If only Mew could have made it" - the claim they make is they didn't know, only Max did, so it's probably not giving anything away. it's they don't know so "Don't rub it in, Donut's already upset enough about it."

BTW translator explained it, but all the p'Name stuff is Name-sempai, basically.

last edited at May 27, 2017 6:20PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

A Spanish-to-French Dictionary has this example:

Fr: quoi! vous avez perdu?
Sp: ¿qué? ¿habéis perdido?

So big sister should have used two interrogation points and an acute accent. But she was too upset to realize that.

~(OvO)~ Nani the fuck......

Also acceptable.

last edited at May 27, 2017 6:09PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

ergzay posted:

Minor translation note: The word that is translated as "Name" here, means "Storyboard" in this context.

Just a correction here. A "name" is not a storyboard. A storyboard has abbreviated scenes for an animation or film whereas a "name" has most/all the intended panels of the manga. A "draft" would be a more accurate translation. Just google "manga neemu" on image search and its easy enough to see that they are not storyboards but are actually rather draft pages of the manga, complete with panels, but just in very light sketch form.

Except you can basically use those words interchangeably in context of drawing manga. Storyboard is usually a rouge draft of the upcoming chapter. In fact word storyboard would be more accurate according to what you are saying because in draft the characters are usually barely drawn and they are more of a stickmen to generally know where who is standing and there is almost no background stuff. The more detailed and finished panels would fit storyboard more. Still either one can easily fit there.

The thing is, in the US and I would imagine in France, Italy, the UK and Canada from the results, I think there's more of a studio approach to comics. In Japan you usually have the writer plot out the manga with stick figures and bare backgrounds or if you have a mangaka doing writing and drawing, which is quite common, an editor might plot it out that way, I would call it a storyboard, too. We all know what it is, it's just a question of what you'd call it in English. I've always translated "neemu" as storyboard.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

Minor translation note: The word that is translated as "Name" here, means "Storyboard" in this context.

Yea, gave me a headache.

I think it should have been:
"name*"
Footnote: *storyboard.

Because it's literally the English word "name" there.

So using "name" gives people more insight into the mangaka world.

I was happy the translator went there.

A similar thing is our word tycoon - 大君 "taikun" - in Japanese it's a high-born noble or prince.

last edited at May 27, 2017 5:57PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The thing is, here, I wouldn't even be able to write her chapter titles.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is this really the end? Nothing really changed and nothing really happened, nothing was resolved either :(

So you say it has YAma nashi, Ochi nashi, Imi nashi?

This must be what they had in mind when they coined "YAOI"

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like all the characters. brother, editor included. This is probably an "If they kiss, the story is over" series, though. Matsuri won't get romance joy in-story.