Forum › Posts by Stannis

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Apparently they had been separated for a long time and he was not involved in the accident so...tsugami seemed to have remained alone with her daughter, which still raises questions about her life.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

The problem is why Midori doesn't remember the period when tsugami was flirting with a boy? and where is the boy? we don't see the parents at the funeral either.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Midori is on the spectrum of autism. At least she’s high functioning. How did she get her job?

High functioning people can get jobs, too. This doesn't need to be debated.

Huh? Wasn’t Midori in love with Tsugumi?

Yes, almost all the chapters we have underheard and outright statements from Midori that she loved more than anything in the world tsugumi.
And the most dramatic thing is that tsugumi also seemed to have more than friendly feelings towards Midori. Her risk of being in the future the development of why tsugumi got pregnant at 17, that she didn't stay with the boy and that she preferred to stay alone afterwards...while keeping Midori's phone and talking regularly about her to her daughter… why her relationships with her parents were so difficult...maybe through them we will learn things...

I could totally see if Tsugumi thought very fondly of Midori and chose to not act on her feelings due to complications or whatever... That is an all too real outcome along with the out of touch. It's just sad that unless they find a note Tsugumi sacked away in her belongings, Midori will never find any answers... Well... Until they look through the belongings, of course.

It is even obvious that tsugami did not say what she meant, in this last chapter even feeling lonely she says that everything is fine in Midori while not.
She may have buried her feelings deep inside herself so as not to hurt Midori... the problems with her parents may have pushed her into a relationship with a boy and keep the child because she was tired of this loneliness and see no way out.
For the hidden notes I think some will come out later because the haru's aunt said she would carefully keep the tsugami case.
But this manga is one of the most intensely moving I have read in recent years.

For me the most important question for the moment is why Midori and tsugami totally lost sight of each other after school? something must have happened, an event their bonds were so strong.....

last edited at Aug 12, 2019 8:58PM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

So many regrets for Midori compared to tsugumi it must be terrible for her. She knew she was not well and yet she could not help her and she feels guilty. If she had done something maybe tsugumi would have acted differently if she imagined it, ah it's too sad....
Alas as she says, we can't go back and she wants to do for haru what she couldn't do for tsugumi.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Midori is on the spectrum of autism. At least she’s high functioning. How did she get her job?

The grieving process is spot on, nailed on the head accurate. Where did mangaka get her research from?

Drop the “yuri” tag, it doesn’t belong here.

Huh? Wasn’t Midori in love with Tsugumi?

Yes, almost all the chapters we have underheard and outright statements from Midori that she loved more than anything in the world tsugumi.
And the most dramatic thing is that tsugumi also seemed to have more than friendly feelings towards Midori. Her risk of being in the future the development of why tsugumi got pregnant at 17, that she didn't stay with the boy and that she preferred to stay alone afterwards...while keeping Midori's phone and talking regularly about her to her daughter… why her relationships with her parents were so difficult...maybe through them we will learn things...

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Wait a little before drawing the final conclusions anyway... we are clearly in the process of mourning, that Midori and haru are getting to know and accept each other and it is off to a good start... now Midori clearly has old emotional wounds towards the mother of haru that look like two drops of water... Haru is very young but also she did not have too many family landmarks because no father and mother often absent.
From the author has several possible ways to choose and no one here can determine it yet, at least not in the author's place.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Perhaps Reiichi will be that cause.

Lol reeii is the one who can sort everything out between uta and kaoru.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

It still feels like the undisclosed love between Midori and tsugumi and its risk of giving Midori a lot of regrets if it hasn't already... it seems that tsugumi talked a lot to her daughter about Midori while after school they never came into contact again.....there is a love story behind it all and I think that when we flashback or something else we will discover it but its risk to be quite dramatic...

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Why tf she grabbed her arm?
Dude pls, u already told uta to fk off, so dont you dare to make uta confussed >:C
Leave her feelings alone! >:'C

Because kaoru tried until the end to be as cold as possible so that uta could leave with the least regret except that she couldn't resist and by reflex she grabbed her arm... as usual she ends up shaking and collapsing because she is afraid here of abandoning uta.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

I think Kaoru and Masked girl became my favorite ship already and I don't know why.

Because unlike the other potential couples, everything is currently opposing them? it's a bit of fire and ice and precisely the 2 characters are in the extreme in their personalities and must therefore perhaps evolve to leave "their world".

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

What is interesting is that kaoru is really hypnotized by mask senpai ^^, she won't want to stay there despite the failure of her classic approach.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch113#9 Love at first sight ^^
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch116#8
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch116#13

Their shizuka noticed her well and made her a little jealous.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch117

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

It is not actually terribly uncommon for emotional abusers to use self-harm as a means to control their victims through guilt.

That's fairly strong language to use about a character whose major (and only actual) malfunction appears to be an inability to grasp that her idea of "love" has some compatibility issues with most other peoples'.

And the fact that her love does not touch anything at all, how will she react? will she become more humble to try to approach her? in any case we see that missbouchan is a great shy person even with her friends, a big weak point by playing denial on her own emotions on reality?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch128#12

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 5:59PM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

I think Kaoru's going to be even more in love now, nobody usually holds her head and she's really into miss bouchan ^^

Well if nothing else she apparently took the hard pass better than the last time she got that from someone she's seriously into (adding a few years of age ought not have hurt her sense of perspective either). Or at least I'd imagine we'd have had some indication in the Honoka and Shizuka chapters since then if she'd gone terminally depressive again.

Yes, but I think that missbouchan's disinterested character in relation to kaoru's charm should make her even more interested. Kaoru finds it beautiful and mysterious, the fact that it repacks it may have the opposite effect on kaoru's feeling !
To see.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

I think Kaoru's going to be even more in love now, nobody usually holds her head and she's really into miss bouchan ^^

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

I can't wait to see the rest of the chapters in more detail, some of the highlights of the web comic version are likely to be memorable and, for me, more dialogues, more images is just a bonus!
I love the 2 tadokoro more fun we won't complain about it!

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

People really be acting like Kaoru by wishing for a fairytale ending out here

Well if we go that way so everything is predictable uta part to his parents, kaoru separates and that's the end of the story?
Maybe it's a mistake to believe that kaoru can be forced by the force of things to evolve with his feelings, but it can also be a mistake to believe that the story is already written at the moment T a part if the author wants to finish his manga in less than 5 chapters....

You think too much that the story is realistic and that it will happen as in real life which is false in fact.
Yet the author has already used old strings like the friend who would cheat on kaoru's husband, as if by chance kaoru is right where reii and risako walk...kaoru wants to ask for the truth a reii but a simple phone call stops everything, and then the risako undertones, and the fact that it is the ex,the return of the mother 5 years later.... in short, the author is realistic on a few points but does like any yuri with drama, uses the same methods, no reason why he should not make an unexpected turnaround.

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 4:07AM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Like, what did you guys expected? To Kaoru drop everything and start cute kawaii (including kisses and sex) relationship with a child? I'm not saying they will not end up together somehow, but the path to this is exactly what interesting me the most.

We will already wait several chapters to see how kaoru will digest the absence of uta and how she will manage it.
From the author will surely show us in relation to his thoughts if there is a chance that kaoru to find uta and not see her permanently move away from her will develop new feelings.....
If kaoru shows no sign of seeing her again and especially a desire that uta stay close to her then yes definitely there will be no chance of having a potential couple.
I don't forget that uta remains the closest person to kaoru, the one who knows her best, who feels when things are going well or not well at home and vice versa....when kaoru cries she wants to see uta, when kaoru wants to leave from zero she wants to start with uta before reii, when she is in the restaurant for the first year of their wedding anniversary she still thinks of uta, she makes a jewel identical to uta while with reii despite that she loves him and that it is her husband there is 100 times less complicity...
To see what kaoru prefers now.
The end of this chapter shows that kaoru in an emotional reflex means to retain and say something to uta, not only does she tremble because she is afraid and can no longer control her feelings but she collapses downright to the ground.
Kaoru can't even say goodbye to her because in Japan, a goodbye still means a kind of terminus level of emotional ties not just goodbye. She doesn't want and therefore doesn't accept this de facto state in her.
And all this is not going to happen in 2 months, eh, uta is approaching 17 years old no?, so she is not far from the university either and the majority, everything will not be done instantly, it can take a while if.....

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 9:17PM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Can't really decide who uselessness I hate more, Mei Aihara or Kaoru

https://twitter.com/_saburouta?lang=en why you hate mei ^^

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Now i'm asking myself what will happen next?
Perhaps Kaoru will somehow find out (mayby thanks to Risako herself) that her husband cheat on her. Something tell me, that even if Reiichi is clear, Kaoru will break up with him, becouse of some reasons (after all they're not match for each other etc.), and our dear housewife will finally understend and appreacheate Uta's love etc, blah blah and they'll love each other ever after, living in Kaoru's sweet lesbian flat...

I buy this ^^
In any case, the small introduction of the air of nothing risako and uta is not insignificant. The author makes her enter the scene, is she a bitch or the different comments she makes about reii will make her the one who opens her eyes to kaoru? like "he was already cheating on you at school and he continues now, open your eyes kaoru ! ".

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Yeah, I have no idea where that particular leap of logic is coming from. We literally don't know what's going on between those two; all we have is some suspicious circumstances that can also have entirely innocent explanations.

And that smile was surely not sincere at all, it's the smile of a woman who know she don't have anymore obstacles to make her relation with Reiichi going further. Uta is leaving and she well know that Kaoru isn't a threat at all for the moment. Just need Kaoru to snap back to reality and do something at least.

And you've been reading too much Kodamawatching too many bad soaps. If nothing else we've never had any indication of Risako harboring any ill-will towards, I'll remind you, her old friend and frankly if she pulled something that legit hurt Kaoru Reiichi very likely would never forgive her for it; it bears repeating that whatever his other shortcomings might be the dude is nothing if not caring about the continued well-being of those around him.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#14

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#16
Still very suspicious all that, especially the fact that risako avoided seeing kaoru at the Hospital and even after....
No evidence but still, this woman who is hyper-careerist is the kind of person who knows how to hide her feelings, your intelligent but very deceitful.He lied to kaoru more and he is very often on business trips and often extends them at the last minute...
If it's a misunderstanding, everything will get better and kaoru and reii will return to the same type of couple as before... but that would be a little easy and would remove some drama.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 5:05PM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Magnetic posted:

damn kaoru you were almost there....
so turns out reichii wasnt cheating and everything was just kaoru’s overreacting?

Where do the people get the idea he isn't cheating?

Because Risako said they are just friends?

I didn't get anything either way from this interaction.

And that smile was surely not sincere at all, it's the smile of a woman who know she don't have anymore obstacles to make her relation with Reiichi going further. Uta is leaving and she well know that Kaoru isn't a threat at all for the moment. Just need Kaoru to snap back to reality and do something at least.

I feel that when risako goes to visit kaoru it won't be to comfort her...

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 4:55PM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

I actually want an ending where Uta accepts her feelings and moves on.

BUT WHAT OF KAORU DAMN IT ? I know people want Uta to move on but we clearly see the only thing she move is her from her brother house to her parents. She still isn't over her feelings, that's why she leave and what of Kaoru ? We let her alone and depressed ? I know Kaoru haven't done much things but that's not a reason to just focus on Uta because poor baby girl is brokenheart and can't face it.

Eh, Kaoru seems like she can hold her own, as long as she keeps on wishing for everything to go back to the way it used to be, plus it would be nice to see her grow as a character to and by that I mean facing problems head on like Uta does, heck she even tried doing that with Uta and it worked, Uta told her she loved her so I guess Kaoru's developing a bit(?)

You're right, Uta has a broken heart. That's why she's moving out, so she can get over Kaoru. She can face it, she's been facing it ever since Kaoru and Reiichi got married. If you're really concerned about Kaoru I guess once Uta gets over her she could go back to them. If anything her love brings her more pain than pleasure.

Also if Uta does get together with Kaoru, due to Reiichi cheating on her (if the story takes that kind of turn), I would feel very very very bad for Uta, Kaoru would just be plain using her to fill in the gap of her love for Reiichi since she's stated before that they give off the same vibe. Plus, Kaoru turned her down already. Her dening Kaoru in this chapter shows she's trying very hard to move on, and I think that's what she should do.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic but I guess if you had an unrequited love, you would understand that moving is the best option for Uta. This story hasn't been a fairytale up till now and I don't want the ending to be one either.

It is quite possible, that kaoru grows in personality thanks to his trials by releasing reii if he cheated on her, instead of forgiving her so that their marriage would hold for example... We see so much on almost all chapters the hand of kaoru with his wedding ring that a break-up with reii would finally free her... a symbol as knowing that uta really realized that she loved kaoru during the wedding....
That uta also by clarifying things with her parents, by being more in the same space that kaoru takes a step back on her love for her.
And that at the very end she finds herself soothed both of us and gets off on the right foot, it's quite possible.
For me in fact there are 2 possible scenarios between kaoru and uta, this one or more romantic uta returns after a while to kaoru in total rupture with reii who has left home and who finds himself in need by calling uta for help. And the beginning of a new relationship between them, not necessarily in love at first, but slowly evolving.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

It remains a fiction, there are a lot of unrealistic things and things have to happen in the next chapters so there are some twists and turns and other surprises, you just have to be a little patient ^^

How do you know this? Are you in charge of the TANK RAWS? If this is true, I'll keep from crumbling into pieces till then.

It's simple if you want the story to go on, something has to happen, knowing that we are at the end of the bow where kaoru and uta live and live together... so something has to happen and we know who the protagonists are on each side: uta and his parents, kaoru with reii and risoko and for fun kuro and company.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Lilliwyt, I don’t understand why you think we should care about Kaoru beyond her role as Uta’s potential love interest.

She’s depressed? So what? She’s done absolutely nothing to help herself or to deal with the obvious problems in her family situation, even though she’s had every chance to do so.

Her main strategy seems to be to just wish for the impossible—that everything was back the way it was, before she found out that her husband was (probably) cheating on her and her little sister-substitute had romantic feelings for her. That’s the emotional maturity of a toddler, not an adult.

Sure, if there’s going to be a Kaoru-Uta endgame, they have to get back together somehow, but Uta deserves far better than this pitiful excuse for a person.

Beyond his obvious weaknesses kaoru still has the immense quality of wanting to please his family and uta above all. She supports her with all her heart, she may be naive, has a heart too pure, and in the end since she only wants happiness to reject the idea that everything is wrong.She really llike uta more than a simple sister, we almost never see such a relationship between two sisters-in-law...but she is not stupid contrary to what some people believe.
At the same time she really has no luck, so that her younger sister-in-law falls in love and her husband doesn't take care of her while cheating with a close friend while breaking her leg and she lost her mother... she tries to start over again by starting with uta during their little holidays before taking care of reii and no luck yet!! she learns that uta is in love with her....it must be said that for the moment the person who suffers the most damage is kaoru and by far.
Uta is still young, her heart is broken and she has possible problems with her parents, but she is not alone, she has her brother too lol.

The author makes kaoru a central character in the story, the drama focuses on her at all levels, that uta is gone will not change the deal, there will be the bow with risoko and reii and it will be as important as that of uta and his parents...
The final whatever it is will have to happen between uta and kaoru.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 12:20AM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

It will kinda pair with the cheating tho. If Kaoru still prefer Reiichi over Uta after the possible cheating then i'm at lost of words and hopes for her

Well in reality she's just straight, so it's either Reiichi or not Uta. But for the shake of the story lets make her into girls suddenly.
Lol I don't wanna sound negative, but there was absolutely no sign or indication she could be into Uta/girls all through the story.

I have to admit, this story is well written, but it's not pleasant to read.

Uta may have been a hetero before she fell in love with kaoru... I know a person who was married and had 2 children, building a house and on a trip, falling in love with another woman around her and dropping everything, veridical!
The truth of a day is not necessarily the truth of tomorrow ^^

This doesn't mean that kaoru will suddenly fall in love with uta but already we will have an indication of how much uta will miss kaoru because they no longer live together.
For the rest another triggering element will be the cheating or not of reii.