Forum › Posts by Orestes

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Holy fuck these yuri authors really know how to unfold a shitty ending.

Orestes
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Never thought I wouldn't like one of Tamamusi's works but with 3 chapters out I'm confident saying this is the first.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Been seeing a lot of Momono Moto recently, which is a pleasure. Now if only we'll get some more My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown...

Agreed. It's been more than a year. I love this artist's Works.

It is the neverending story of yuri scanlation. You just know that half of the series will never be finished whatever the reason.

Orestes
Sisterism discussion 26 Dec 07:46
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

TIL:

Orestes
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

are they related?

Shots fired.

If they're not related it is more than likely that it won't have more chapters.

Orestes
Nutmeg discussion 24 Dec 09:46
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Drawing improvement 9001%

Orestes
Citrus discussion 17 Dec 12:28
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Ah thank you. Pages 38/39 are inversed. ;)

This.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

do i detect a hint of yuri progress

No, it's diarrhea.

Orestes
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

What a piece of shit of a series. Dismal.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It's all about FRAMES.

And framing people.

Orestes
Yuri☆Kome discussion 10 Jul 13:29
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Orestes
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I can only say:

FUCK YEAH!

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It is because you're used to that kind of society and you normalized crime and murder. From my Spanish and snobby point of view your country looks like a war zone.

Judging a country solely by the bits that make the news is a great way to get distorted picture of the place.

No, what I was trying to say is that it depends on perception and by no means I consider the USA significantly more dangerous than other 1st world countries.

I just felt like mocking such an statement because it is arrogant. There are a whole lot of safer countries than the USA even if it isn't by a wide margin and a handful of them are directly heaven in comparison.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I wouldn't go to America these days, even if I was paid for it. That country is fucking scary.

Anyway, it High Score Girl with lolis and possibly-yuri. Sure, why not.

But I'm skeptical.

Can we not do politics here please? (For the record, America is not scary, I feel safer here than any other country in the world.)

It is because you're used to that kind of society and you normalized crime and murder. From my Spanish and snobby point of view your country looks like a war zone.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Queer baiting? Queer baiting.
Good to know I won't have to expect something then.

...it's at 3 published chapters right now. Are you people wasting your supernatural oracle talents to look into the future and see how ongoing yuri series end or are you just taking the piss because you're jaded and want to sound smart? No yuri marriage with science baby in 3 chapters? Fucking dropped!

Look, it doesn't take supernatural powers to see the pattern.

Yuri Hime: Hey mr. Mangaka-san we need someone to fill 30+ pages per issue.
Mangaka-san: Actually, I have laid the plot for a videogames manga for this other editor and I don't think...
Yuri Hime: That sounds interesting. Cute girls doing shit is en vogue.
Mangaka-san: But I don't know the first thing about yuri!
Yuri Hime: Doesn't matter, just make them blush a lot when talking to each other. In fact it doesn't have to be both, just one of them is fine.
Mangaka-san: I don't know...
Yuri Hime: It doesn't need any development, really. Your deadline for something yuri related to happen is from last half to last quarter of the final chapter. If you get cancelled we have this many generic scenarios so you can finish the series. The ones with several pages of bubbly and sparkly text and a final black page with a big "I love you." in pretty letters always make me chuckle.
Mangaka-san: Whoah! And you can get away with it?
Yuri Hime: Except for a few well known yuri mangakas none really repeats doing yuri. It is as if our readers are already expecting half of our issues to be a disappointment. No one is going to blame you or us if your manga flops.
Mangaka-san: That's sad...
Yuri Hime: It will allow you to show off your skills, think of something better than an otaku manga about videogames and pay the bills for a while. And we always have bagels at editor meetings. What do you say?
Mangaka-san: SOLD!

Probably...

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 8:17PM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Queer baiting? Queer baiting.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Oh my....

Oh my....

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Well, I do hope they succeed then and at some point along the road they provide english translations at least for their digital material.

Still not sure how this is better for them while illustrators like Kuvshinov Ilya make more than $3k a week from Patreon alone.

last edited at May 21, 2017 6:07AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This is different it is 100% funded by yuri fans if this crashes and burns it's means there isn't a big enough audience for yuri to support itself. If you break out when something like galette is out you'll be a break off in the already small community and would either hurt just her and not make enough both her and galette so why not just stick with the group keep the community in one place. In short she will be fine galette shows no signs of burning to the ground and if it does use the solo mode as a last resort it's not like she can't just jump ship before it explodes.

Precisely that. How do they pretend to do better than Yuri Hime and other pretty famous magazines that went under with the exact same recipe?

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Orestes posted:

Wish she'd go the Patreon route and stop bothering with publishers and outdated ways.

It is incredible that they just give up when a magazine goes belly up.

She just did. Galette is funded on enty.jp which is basically a jps Patreon. That is also why this magazine is such a big deal, because they decided to go for crow funding from people who actually want the yuri the way those artists want to draw it and gave them a option to support their work directly.

AFAIK Galette is the same magazine format that failed hardcore in the past. I mean her individually. Doing the same corporate stuff is going to get them nowhere.

I find extremely hard to believe that she wouldn't get a lot of backers and make a good living out of it but by doing this you keep adding unnecessary baggage and the chances of failing skyrocket.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Who the hell goes for a handshake with their left hand?

Left-handed people?

I'm 36 and never in my whole life anyone tried to pull one of these.

EDIT: Except for an adquitance missing his right hand.

In fact I heard this is extremely disrespectful in some parts of Asia.

last edited at May 20, 2017 4:16PM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Wish she'd go the Patreon route and stop bothering with publishers and outdated ways.

It is incredible that they just give up when a magazine goes belly up.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Who the hell goes for a handshake with their left hand?

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I don't have to provide a list. If "I'm going to say I'm normal to not scare my love interest" doesn't ring a bell you have not read enough yuri or you are a zealot and I have no further business with you.

Also, putting pretty drawings on top of a previous story doesn't change a thing. If you haven't figured out how this industry works maybe you're still in the discovering phase and it is really hard to have an adult conversation.

I'm out.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I gave you examples and you didn't acknowledge any of them. Why should I worry? Anything tagged "Aaaangst" have a really high chance to portrait just that.

Never said that Schoolgirl yuri is bad writing, what I said is that if you're going to put additional value to it you shouldn't even bother.

They weren't coworkers and schoolgirls at the same time too. So different. Absolutely not the same thing.

Husky and Medley is based on a 2chan story. Same way Marimite is a light novel. Putting pretty drawings on top doesn't stop them from having a different origin and serving different purposes.