Forum › 3 years since the Kyoto Animation arson attack

CaioGuedesAUT
Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

For some reason, I wanted to bring you a subject that I consider the most difficult. Today (July 18th) marks 3 years since the tragedy that affected all of us Japanese animation enthusiasts: the arson attack on Kyoto Animation's Studio 1.

This tragedy caused by a person who, out of hatred and revenge, invaded the building and set it on fire, destroyed the hopes and dreams of honest, capable and brilliant workers... Responsible for adapting famous works known to the public such as "Sound! Euphonium", "Nichijou", "Violet Evergarden", "Free!", among many others. 36 workers who lost their lives in a cowardly way, while the rest survived. The fire practically destroyed what they built right there; hundreds of projects still in progress, art objects, personal belongings, computers... Even the fire consuming everything, had plenty of time to recover what was left. Japan as a whole was mobilized in immense sadness to help Kyoto Animation and the victims' relatives, following closely the coverage of the tragedy. Who would have thought that the streets of that small residential area on the outskirts of Kyoto could be so full of residents and fans paying tribute to the victims. Not to mention the worldwide repercussion that this caused, even going so far as to make a crowdfunding campaign in favor of Kyoto Animation and the victims' families... The wave of solidarity took over everyone, as if KyoAni was being embraced by people from countries so far away, but at the same time so close. Taken by emotion, KyoAni managed to recover and today continues to do its work despite the loss of employees and infrastructure due to the tragedy. Even so, the company remains firm and strong, overcoming all possible obstacles and producing quality in your animations. Thanks to your support, KyoAni is back in creative progress, preparing for the future. And I also believe that those 36 lost souls can be very happy to be represented eternally in the hearts of these workers who are today writing a new page in history of this important company that is Kyoto Animation. May God watch over the lives of these victims, and also bless all their family members and friends from Kyoto Animation who are praying right now.

For me, what impressed me most in these 3 years of tragedy was the manifestation of solidarity from people from all over the world, both those who are fans of the KyoAni series and those who are not fans: how many messages of support, testimonials and fanarts KyoAni has received over these 3 years has no explanation. Just remembering the tragedy and all that happened makes me very emotional. Anyone who has felt this experience knows very well how KyoAni and her works are very important in everyone's life. Every anime produced by KyoAni brings inspiration to anyone who wants to be an artist or managed to be an artist. There is nothing more beautiful than hearing reports from people who watched (and still watch today) KyoAni works praising the incredible evolution of their work and saying that they will continue to support KyoAni until the end. It makes me very happy.

I want to hear your opinion: what really changed your perspective on these three years of tragedy? Thank you in advance for everyone's understanding.

To reply you must either login or sign up.