Forum › KuroKoto discussion

joined Aug 6, 2015

Kuroko x Misaka is a pairing I've tried really hard to like, but I just can't. Kuroko is too much of a sexual predator and every story with her and Misaka devolves into some form of rape. This one, too. Taking advantage of a drug-addled girl and having your way with her when normally she would reject you; that's rape. This pairing is in stark contrast to Uiharu and Saten. Saten has a lot of sexual predator-like tenancies like Kuroko, but unlike Misaka, Uiharu is mostly depicted as being somewhat okay with going along with them. The way that pairing interacts with each other makes me hate the Kuroko x Misaka pairing even more.

Regardless of my love for yuri, Misaka will always be straight and involved with Touma in my headcanon. There's no healthy and enjoyable alternative that I can get behind for her.

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 8:54AM

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

fight me irl m8.

Seriously, though, it can be done well (Judgement Princess style), but canon happenings make it a bit harder to write a story around it. That being said...

I read two pages of this thing and stopped. Translating "oneesama" as "sissy" is a bit much.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

Seriously, though, it can be done well (Judgement Princess style), but canon happenings make it a bit harder to write a story around it. That being said...

What's this judgement princess style you speak of?

To be fair you're right, it's not impossible but yes difficult. There's been multiple feels moment between kuroko and misaka that authors could build off on. Unfortunately in the series, Kuroko's sexual predator tendency usually ruins the mood and turns it to slap stick comedy.

Yohanesoukan
joined Dec 27, 2015

iM never eating those asian freezies ever again.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Kuroko x Misaka is a pairing I've tried really hard to like, but I just can't. Kuroko is too much of a sexual predator and every story with her and Misaka devolves into some form of rape. This one, too. Taking advantage of a drug-addled girl and having your way with her when normally she would reject you; that's rape. This pairing is in stark contrast to Uiharu and Saten. Saten has a lot of sexual predator-like tenancies like Kuroko, but unlike Misaka, Uiharu is mostly depicted as being somewhat okay with going along with them. The way that pairing interacts with each other makes me hate the Kuroko x Misaka pairing even more.

Regardless of my love for yuri, Misaka will always be straight and involved with Touma in my headcanon. There's no healthy and enjoyable alternative that I can get behind for her.

The problem is that the anime played up those moments in order to make it a gag. In the actual novels Kuroko is far more mature about everything and you can feel her love for Misaka far more strongly than her lust. She comes on a bit strong, but not to the level of sexual predation. And in the end, Misaka's happiness is the most important thing for her.

And yeah, it's so disappointing that doujins that aren't centered aroudn rape are hard to find, but that doesn't mean that the pairing itself is bad. It just means that those rare gems, like A Certain Holy Night, and Judgment Princess, and several different fanfics, are all the more special.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

fight me irl m8.

I read two pages of this thing and stopped. Translating "oneesama" as "sissy" is a bit much.

That's how they did it in the dub, unfortunatley.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Hmm... now I'm racking my brain for a better translation. Alas, all that I can think of at the moment is a sassy 'sistah'.

Ah well, the inferiority of the English language, I guess.

Adeptus%20machanicus
joined Mar 7, 2014

Hmm... now I'm racking my brain for a better translation. Alas, all that I can think of at the moment is a sassy 'sistah'.

Ah well, the inferiority of the English language, I guess.

Onee-Sama would translate to "Gracious Elder Sister", though there is no short direct translation. The word itself could simply be adopted by English like Senpai is being, or sayonara has been.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Omg I used to eat those 'chuppettos' ice pops as a kid back in puerto rico! :o
We call them 'esquimalitos'. The name also applies to all the example pictures too. Weirdly I haven't seen that kind of ice pop anywhere in the US.

Picsart_22-10-25_07-49-58-874%20(1)
joined Aug 27, 2020

So cute hehe

To reply you must either login or sign up.