Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Any way at all of using those userscripts on Android chrome?

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Don't think so, at least not on the default chrome browser. You would have to install a different browser with extension support (Firefox definitely has it, and possibly others). Then you can install userscripts with Tampermonkey as usual.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

I see, I might try Firefox then, and any way to make a backup of what was marked as read? I want to use it mostly for series that have too many doujin to keep track of, like Touhou, so it would be good to have a backup in case shit happens to my device.

Also, a userscript to open all pages at once like kissmanga is viable?

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

There is no need to backup, since the script just reads the lists stored on your Dynasty account. You can install it on your phone and it should auto sync when you first visit the website. If you meant that you want to backup lists in case Dynasty disappears forever from the internet (god forbid), that is also possible and I can provide instructions for that if you want.

However the script only checks for updates to lists on each device every 24 hours, so if you mark a chapter read on your phone it might not show up on your PC until the next day and vice versa. You can force a resync immediately by clearing browser cookies. Not the best multi device experience I know, I've been working on a way to sync more frequently without taxing the website too much for large lists.

last edited at May 6, 2020 5:32PM

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Ah, okay, no I didn't mean Dynasty, if that happened I might as well kill myself ಠ_ಠ

I'll mostly use it on tablet so update isn't a problem

Firefox doesn't have dark mode yet and got some issues when trying to read at fullscreen, so I had to find an alternative, Kiwi seems to work fine, I did what says on this site to use extensions https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/use-desktop-chrome-extensions-android-0196246/

One issue that I found with the script is that if the manga is in "To Read" and you change it to "Read" they stay as light blue instead of changing to gray

Another issue that I found is that if you go to your To Read / Read list and delete something they still continue in light blue / gray

last edited at May 7, 2020 4:41AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I made a new script to add links for MangaDex searches to pages.

This is basically what it does. And here's the code if anyone wants to use it:

// ==UserScript==    
// @name         Dynasty: MangaDex Search    
// @namespace    Alice    
// @version      4    
// @description  try to take over the world!    
// @author       Alice    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/*    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/series/*    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/issues/*    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/*    
// @grant        none    
// ==/UserScript==    

let dstitle;    

if (document.location.href.match(/chapters/)) {    
    dstitle = document.querySelector("#chapter-title");    
} else {    
    dstitle = document.querySelector("h2.tag-title");    
}    

let title,    
    author, x0 = document.createElement("span"),    
    x1 = document.createElement("a"),    
    x2 = document.createElement("a");    

if (!dstitle.querySelector("b a")) {    
    title = dstitle.querySelector("b").innerText;    
} else {    
    title = dstitle.querySelector("b a").innerText;    
}    

x0.innerText = "MangaDex Search:";    
x0.style.paddingLeft = "4px";    
x1.href = "https://mangadex.org/search?title=" + title;    
x1.innerText = "Title";    
x1.style.margin = "0 4px";    
x0.appendChild(x1);    

if (document.location.href.match(/chapters/) || document.location.href.match(/series/)) {    
    if (!dstitle.querySelector("b a")) {    
        author = dstitle.querySelector("a").innerText;    
    } else {    
        author = dstitle.querySelectorAll("a")[1].innerText;    
    }    
    x2.href = "https://mangadex.org/search?author=" + author;    
    x2. innerText = "Author";    
    x0.appendChild(x2);    
}    
dstitle.appendChild(x0);    

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 5:09AM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Hey Alice, I just pushed a new update to my (three year old) tagifier script on Github. It includes a new feature. Can you update the top level directory post you maintain to include it? Thanks!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Hey Alice, I just pushed a new update to my (three year old) tagifier script on Github. It includes a new feature. Can you update the top level directory post you maintain to include it? Thanks!

Yup, I just did. Let me know if you want any changes from what I included.

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

Yup, I just did. Let me know if you want any changes from what I included.

I think you should probably put a "last updated" date on the very every entry on the index. It'll probably help.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 11:44AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I think you should probably put a "last updated" date on the very every entry on the index. It'll probably help.

That's a good idea. I won't bother going and finding the last updated dates for everything already on the list but I'll definitely do that in the future. (And just did for the script you updated.)

joined Jul 22, 2015

I'm curious if it wouldn't just be better to try to make a singular script add-on that incorporates all our current scripts.

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

I'm curious if it wouldn't just be better to try to make a singular script add-on that incorporates all our current scripts.

I'd love to try, but the scripts you and cyrric have posted don't have any license information on them

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

I'd love to try, but the scripts you and cyrric have posted don't have any license information on them

If you want to try, feel free to try and combine any of mine. I didn't include a license since I didn't really think it'd end up being necessary but it should be covered by a general open source license.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

If you want to try, feel free to try and combine any of mine. I didn't include a license since I didn't really think it'd end up being necessary but it should be covered by a general open source license.

I'm currently working on building a combiner script with a different UI. I could probably use your help actually implementing a lot of your work. Both you and cyricc are more advanced coders than I.

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

I'm currently working on building a combiner script with a different UI. I could probably use your help actually implementing a lot of your work. Both you and cyricc are more advanced coders than I.

Okay I got a basic UI done. Now that that's settled, I can work on implementing the actual code. However, that's going to be the hard part.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 9:53PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I can try to help out some but the main reason I still haven't gotten around to the overhaul of the Thingifier I've talked about in the past is due to spending a lot less time at my computer due to health issues so how much I can help will be pretty limited.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

I can try to help out some but the main reason I still haven't gotten around to the overhaul of the Thingifier I've talked about in the past is due to spending a lot less time at my computer due to health issues so how much I can help will be pretty limited.

What do you think of the UI example I've posted above?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Ah, the site's finally accessible again. The UI looks more or less fine to me. The only thing I would really say looks like it could use a change is the font for the headers. With a font that narrow it's a bit difficult to read when it's bold like that.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

Ah, the site's finally accessible again. The UI looks more or less fine to me. The only thing I would really say looks like it could use a change is the font for the headers. With a font that narrow it's a bit difficult to read when it's bold like that.

Better?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Better?

That definitely looks a lot better to me.

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

Better?

That definitely looks a lot better to me.

Wish there was a way to message you and stuff for feedback. I'm on the Dynasty discord server if you have that.

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 9:28PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Wish there was a way to message you and stuff for feedback. I'm on the Dynasty discord server if you have that.

I have Discord but primarily use it just to keep in contact with some irl friends and a group of online friends from a now defunct community (which was actually why I ever installed it in the first place) so I don't tend to be too active there. Email would be a better and more reliable way to contact me outside Dynasty so I can give you my email if you want.

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

I have Discord but primarily use it just to keep in contact with some irl friends and a group of online friends from a now defunct community (which was actually why I ever installed it in the first place) so I don't tend to be too active there. Email would be a better and more reliable way to contact me outside Dynasty so I can give you my email if you want.

Do you want to exchange emails on Discord and then connect via email from there?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Do you want to exchange emails on Discord and then connect via email from there?

It'd be easier to just give you my secondary email (to avoid spam from roaming bots and whatnot) and give you my primary email address through that then edit it out of my post later. (That email is [redacted])

last edited at Sep 26, 2020 9:19PM

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

It'd be easier to just give you my secondary email (to avoid spam from roaming bots and whatnot) and give you my primary email address through that then edit it out of my post later. (That email is Onyx_Alpha3173(at)Yahoo.com)

Sent

To reply you must either login or sign up.