Forum › Sono Hanabira Games

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

So, I just started playing(actually, reading) this series. I'm now on #5, going in order of creation. I figured since there isn't a discussion about them here, there should be!

I know Yuri Project has some of the newer ones in translation. Can't wait for their English patches!

As for the games... I honestly didn't know that much about them. I had figured they featured sex occasionally, given that I saw the MaixReo OVA, but since these are the first visual novels I've played, I am not familiar with the mechanics. They have a lot more sex than I expected.

As for the games themselves... So far of the couples I've seen I have a high preference for MaixReo. I love Mai's personality, and also adore tsunderes. YuunaxNanami is great too, love the personality gap there. I was not a fan of the KaedexSara games, however. I didn't like their personalities, and they seemed pretty stale to me.

As a lesbian, I was a little worried that the series would be way too male-centric ero-game in content. Surprisingly not the case. Clearly sex driven, but the relationships are cute and there is nothing too offensively inaccurate in the reading. I enjoyed them a lot more than I thought I would, so I'm glad I gave them a chance. There were some negatives to them, but they aren't strong enough to make playing them a bad experience.

Has anyone else here played them? I'm definitely a fan of the series now and intend to play all of them, for better or worse.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I've played some, but my intention to do so in order got broken a while back. I've ended up playing both YuunaxNanami straight through, but still haven't finished the first RunaxTakako game after I got hit with the abrupt halfway ending. They're pretty well written fluffy yuri - I don't think the sex scenes would be anywhere near as enjoyable if they weren't.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've played some, but my intention to do so in order got broken a while back. I've ended up playing both YuunaxNanami straight through, but still haven't finished the first RunaxTakako game after I got hit with the abrupt halfway ending. They're pretty well written fluffy yuri - I don't think the sex scenes would be anywhere near as enjoyable if they weren't.

Indeed! Well, I just finished #5. On to #6 with YuunaxNanami! I accidentally got a halfway ending. Immediately went back and redid my choices. Thankfully the skip option is available. I can't stand missing something. I really want to play the RisaxMiya one, but the patch isn't out yet that I know of :(

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 10:34AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I've gone through all of the ones translated like 3 times, just finished the 3rd run yesterday, I love em. Favorites are MaixReo and ErisxShizuku both of these couples have a good dynamic relationship, lots of fun. Really interested in RisaxMiya, looks like they could be a favorite for me... but I guess we gotta play the waiting game for that.

I was not a fan of RunaxTakako, duno, just didn't like the characters...

KaedexSara, here I love Sara's character, a character who always speaks her mind... but is paired up with Kaede who has self esteem problems, a type of character which I am already bored of (Takako kinda falls in this category as well).

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've gone through all of the ones translated like 3 times, just finished the 3rd run yesterday, I love em. Favorites are MaixReo and ErisxShizuku both of these couples have a good dynamic relationship, lots of fun. Really interested in RisaxMiya, looks like they could be a favorite for me... but I guess we gotta play the waiting game for that.

I was not a fan of RunaxTakako, duno, just didn't like the characters...

KaedexSara, here I love Sara's character, a character who always speaks her mind... but is paired up with Kaede who has self esteem problems, a type of character which I am already bored of (Takako kinda falls in this category as well).

Yeah, I got tired of Kaede's self-esteem problems very quickly. I prefer much stronger characters. I heard ErisxShizuku is good, so I will definitely play that one!

I've been kind of binging on them. They kind of go way too fast :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yeah, I got tired of Kaede's self-esteem problems very quickly. I prefer much stronger characters. I heard ErisxShizuku is good, so I will definitely play that one!

ErisxShizuku is like another version of MaixReo, from Reo's perspective, but theres a bit more mature feel to them ofc.
Both couples quite fun.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

ErisxShizuku is like another version of MaixReo, from Reo's perspective, but theres a bit more mature feel to them ofc.
Both couples quite fun.

Whelp! Just finished #8, which is all that is translated for now. I loved ErisxShizuku just as much as MaixReo. I think I prefer Shizuku and Mai the most. Kind of trying to imagine what the relationship would be like if Shizuku's partner wasn't an airhead.

Also can't wait for the nursing ones :( I don't want to spoil anything by looking at the CGs though.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Also can't wait for the nursing ones :( I don't want to spoil anything by looking at the CGs though.

Oh yea, that's their first one with adult characters right?
I am really interested in that one :O

I refuse to get non-translated ones or even look at the CGs, I want to experience it all together when translated :D

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh yea, that's their first one with adult characters right?
I am really interested in that one :O

I refuse to get non-translated ones or even look at the CGs, I want to experience it all together when translated :D

Yeah, they have a couple of them out. Looks like there are 8 untranslated VNs. Apparently RisaxMiya is another tsundere one so... pretty much obligated to play those, for the love of TsunTsuns.

Since it's pretty much all reading based with the few key visuals, it's pretty much impossible to go through without translations :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yeah, they have a couple of them out. Looks like there are 8 untranslated VNs. Apparently RisaxMiya is another tsundere one so... pretty much obligated to play those, for the love of TsunTsuns.

I tend to hate these kinds characters, the only ones I like are from Sono Hanabira series are just so lovable.

I saw the 10 episode RisaxMiya Theater videos (kinda spoiled bits of the VN's story for myself there), they got their own twist to the tsundere element, just like MaixReo and ErisxShizuku got their own. Pretty similar couples, should be fun.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just realized that the games have chinese patches... But my Chinese is mediocre at best, so I'll probably be missing a lot :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.