Forum › Johari Garden discussion

joined Jul 3, 2011

It was a little weird

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

I love the psychological analysis that the author used. It was quite interesting.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

Very powerful, compelling stuff. A hint of madness always spices things up too!

Mary
joined Jan 17, 2015

didn't get it at all, but it was interesting. quite sad, too.

Watashi%2060kb
joined Aug 15, 2014

Fantastic work. Definitely my favourite amongst the doujins describing Satori's and Koishi's relationship and past.

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

didn't get it at all, but it was interesting. quite sad, too.

This is my interpretation on the story. I might be off. Spoilers just in case.

What happened/is happening is explained through Koishi and Satori's discussion of the story of the human and fairy. In the story, the human, after being repeatedly told that he is hated, falls in love with a reflection of himself. Satori explains that it was because of the defensive mechanism that comes with the human having his existence denied. This is what exactly what happened with Satori. Satori, being able to read minds, was continuously reminded that she was hated by everyone she met. In order to protect herself from her own mental anguish, her defensive mechanisms came into play and she fell in love with the reflection of herself that she saw in Koishi. The sisters were so close that Satori commented that their minds are often entangled and that they were both one and two. Because of this, Satori used Koishi as a mirror. When Koishi caught Satori off guard and read her thoughts, she realized that even though Satori says she loves her, the one Satori really loved was herself. This was the reason why Koishi closed her third eye. Koishi wanted Satori to see and love her as herself.

To obtain this, Koishi asks Satori what should the fairy (Koishi) have done to get the human (Satori) to love him. Satori replies that the fairy should have used Stockholm Syndrome to hold the human captive and break him until he falls in love with the fairy. Koishi's confinement of Satori in the dreams are an attempt to get Satori to love her as well as for Satori to evaluate herself. The fact that their discussions always took place in a garden is a reference to the title and the Johari window technique. Satori tells Koishi that the human should never find out he is being held against his will or let out of his cage, or he will come to hate, and inevitably kill or be killed by the fairy. Koishi replies that it is fine if the fairy is killed the human, because at least he (Satori) would finally look at the fairy (Koishi). Satori had realized, since the beginning of the story, that she was trapped within these repeating dreams and that culprit is Koishi. Satori understands that Koishi is trying to break her, but she misunderstands the reason why. But like what she said the human would do upon finding out he being confined, Satori tries to escape her prison by killing her captor, Koishi. In the ending conversation, Koishi says that she still wants to lock Satori in a cage because she is afraid that her romantic love would not be reciprocated. But Satori says that she does love Koishi, thus choosing Koishi's suggested outcome where the human comes to love the fairy.

I find it rather amusing that Satori was basically telling Koishi her thoughts and feelings without realizing that the human in the story was herself. It's like telling a murderer what's the best way to kill and hide a body without realizing that you are helping plan your own death.

I just love the Komeiji sisters. They have such interesting works. You can tell that the author put a lot of thought into this book. Every time I reread this, I discover something new or explore a different interpretation. E.g. Satori's own reflection in her tea cup when Koishi said the human fell in love with his own reflection.

last edited at Mar 14, 2015 12:57AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I've read this countless times but never really understood everything that was going on; your explanation helped piece a lot together imho. thanks :)

Sorry%20sonic.
joined Oct 23, 2016

This was such a beautiful story...I love this. Definitely one of my personal favorites. Nearly cried at one scene.

To reply you must either login or sign up.