Forum › Ga-Rei Zero

White
joined Jan 31, 2012

This anime was really interesting. Yomi and Kagura's relationship was so cute and adorable that I wish there was a manga just about those two. A lot of people could interpret it differently on how Yomi's feelings for Kagura was and the way I saw it, Yomi had gone so far as to push Kagura to the limit forcing her to get strong enough to kill Yomi. Then at the end Yomi let's herself be killed rather than risk ever hurting Kagura. It was so sad but damn I wish they could have stayed together.

If anyone finds a manga on this please let me know, I couldn't find one myself.

joined Jul 3, 2011

Fuzzypuff wrote

this it? http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3261

It is. I'd have said so myself but you beat me to it

last edited at Jun 21, 2012 1:41AM

White
joined Jan 31, 2012

Ah it's the same but different. This one is kind of after Ga-Rei Zero (the anime), Kagura and Yomi's battle led Kagura to inherit Byakuei from her father in the anime but in the manga Ga-Rei it's like a whole different story with Kagura already having Byakuei and I noticed the character Nimura is in Ga-Rei, he was in Ga-Rei Zero (the anime) and his role was completely different there. So no Yomi in the manga.

I literally can't find Ga-Rei Zero as a manga, which sucks ~

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

ClaymoreBN wrote

Ah it's the same but different. This one is kind of after Ga-Rei Zero (the anime), Kagura and Yomi's battle led Kagura to inherit Byakuei from her father in the anime but in the manga Ga-Rei it's like a whole different story with Kagura already having Byakuei and I noticed the character Nimura is in Ga-Rei, he was in Ga-Rei Zero (the anime) and his role was completely different there. So no Yomi in the manga.

The manga is still worth a read in my opinion though. Although it's obviously different from the anime it's got some good moments in it.

White
joined Jan 31, 2012

Michan wrote

[quote=ClaymoreBN]Ah it's the same but different. This one is kind of after Ga-Rei Zero (the anime), Kagura and Yomi's battle led Kagura to inherit Byakuei from her father in the anime but in the manga Ga-Rei it's like a whole different story with Kagura already having Byakuei and I noticed the character Nimura is in Ga-Rei, he was in Ga-Rei Zero (the anime) and his role was completely different there. So no Yomi in the manga.

The manga is still worth a read in my opinion though. Although it's obviously different from the anime it's got some good moments in it.[/quote]

I'll probably read it, but it'll take me a long time before I decide to open it. I have a bad habit of this. I hope Kagura get's to stay the main character at least, that would make me feel better.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

"Ga-Rei Zero" (anime) is a prequel to "Ga-Rei" (manga), it is not a different version of the same. The anime provides the backstory for Kagura and Yomi.

So no Yomi in the manga.

She appears latter on. And becomes the most important character, next to Kagura. There even are some chapters which are openly yuri-ish, although, with a slight twist.

last edited at Nov 29, 2015 7:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.