ForumNews Stuff happened

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

and we're JUMPING SHIP.
The move and implementation of the new reader estimated to happen on Wednesday/Thursday EST related operating hours (for the Australians out there wondering wtf ;_;)

What's been confirmed:
- We now have a twitter. All posts currently having been written by Michan, but subject to change as time goes on.
- We went down due to high CPU usage, which is most likely attributed to the reader being more popular than we expected the code and everything to handle. Yeah.
- Turning off RSS will not help much at all in the long run. It's not intensive in its own right, it's just giving out a lot more hits than we expected it to on the server. In the end it doesn't matter because...
- We're jumping ship to "to the user formerly known as GOD"'s server, which is better.
- Reader is up in a cached and restricted state due to server-imposed restrictions.

Fun Facts! (all quotes from omnscient0 using google analytics):
- it received 2.5 million pageviews during the last 30 days it was online (that doesnt count RSS requests)
~ that is 81k unique visitors and like 75k-125k views a day
- US is 40% of visits, with a smamtering of countries afterwards at 3-5%
- 47% of visitors are from direct traffic, 38% from search traffic, 15% from referals
~ referrals from yuriproject.org , boards.4chan.org, lililicious.net, tumblr.com, reddit.com, reddit.com, mangaupdates.com, facebook.com, in that order.
- /reader/ gets 19% of pageviews, followed by /added/ with, 3.34%, /reader/tag/yuri at 1.15%, /reader/tag/lots_of_sex at 0.64% and /reader/tag/nsfw at 0.64%
- since Feb 10th, 2012 we have gotten 26,327,200 pageviews and 659,460 unique visitors
- All the files on the server totaled a whopping 60 GB. While we were still uploading things, that still feels tiny compared to today's hard drives, no?
- We pushed 8 TB of bandwidth the last 30 days before we were taken off.

P.S. Uploads of recent releases will not begin until the problems have been resolved.

Edited January 28, 2013 at 19:20 GMT

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

I'm so happy you guys have returned! TwT

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I dedicate this song to Dynasty Scans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFnD3uwKHag

Never scare us like that again please. ;_; Thank the gods of yuri you're back...

joined Jul 3, 2011

I told you Dynasty-scans was a big time(yuri) movement.

Youtube-fran-copy
joined Dec 23, 2010

Welcome back! Have been looking at your Twitter feeds constantly!

joined Oct 11, 2010

Following other sites indeed! no one else other then the actual groups sites has been able to keep up to date on most of the stuff like what is on here in a very long time. Welcome back from the great sucking void of sitedownness!

joined Aug 27, 2012

you guys sure give me a heart attack ;A;
welcome back!

joined Jan 19, 2012

Since I was busy the past week it wasn't too much of a deal, though it was heartbreaking to know the site was down. Not the best surprise for the new year, but at least this means the reader can be adjusted now!

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

/o/

joined Nov 11, 2010

I was lurking the IRC the whole week so I wasn't worried... much.

If I may have a say in something, I'd really prefer not using a Twitter feed instead of the shoutbox. I hate social networking in general and would rather not have things I say broadcast places other than where I wanted to say them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this.
Just something from a long time follower. I don't use the shoutbox much anyway, so do whatever.

Haruka Armitage
joined May 13, 2011

Thanks God you are back. Dynasty is the big one for me. I don't need face or twitter... but I cannot live without yuri..... Thank a lot

joined May 17, 2011

I'm so glad you guys are back!! .

I was having a serious Yuri withdrawal problem... but now I'm happy again ... better call my doctor and cancel my Monday appointment ^^

joined Sep 25, 2011

May I just say:

[u]Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You![/u]

I do try to visit the other sites that put out yuri scans and such, but I will say that Dynasty is definitely my go-to site. So you can imagine my panic when I hit my bookmark for recently added and it came back page unavailable. The first day, I figured, no big deal, has happened before, hope everything's ok. By the second day, I was really starting to worry. :lol: And by the third day, I was scouring the internet trying to find ANYTHING to tell me what was going on. So needless to say, when I found the site up again, I was overjoyed. Again, thank you for all your hard work, it is always appreciated. =D

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

That's quite a bit of bandwidth. Is that even with compression? Because that's about the monthly push for everything on usenet excluding alt.*. You're quite sure that's just from images and not DDoS and such because it seems like a lot even for loss less compression of images.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

GendoIkari wrote

That's quite a bit of bandwidth. Is that even with compression? Because that's about the monthly push for everything on usenet excluding alt.*. You're quite sure that's just from images and not DDoS and such because it seems like a lot even for loss less compression of images.

It's really all from images. It's what we get for not using glorious JPG compression.

joined Sep 19, 2012

MrEngenious wrote

P.S. Uploads of recent releases will not begin until the problems have been resolved.

Is this still the case? I mean, I haven't seen much of anything new for a while, but is that because recent releases are still not being uploaded? I ask because our intrepid leader has disappeared, and our second-in-command is looking to submit stuff directly to you (since our main site is down too... sigh). If new stuff is still not being uploaded I'll tell them not to bother.

I am glad to see that you're back in any capacity, though. That was a scary few days.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Clinical wrote

[quote=MrEngenious]P.S. Uploads of recent releases will not begin until the problems have been resolved.

Is this still the case? I mean, I haven't seen much of anything new for a while, but is that because recent releases are still not being uploaded? I ask because our intrepid leader has disappeared, and our second-in-command is looking to submit stuff directly to you (since our main site is down too... sigh). If new stuff is still not being uploaded I'll tell them not to bother.

I am glad to see that you're back in any capacity, though. That was a scary few days.[/quote]

Uploading is working fine, but we're not doing it because it's incredibly slow and prone to time-outs until we move servers. (THANKS DREAMHOST)

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Since you currently have no other option, we'll upload it.

joined Sep 19, 2012

@Michan: Gotcha. Hopefully you guys get something worked out soon.

@MrEngenious: You are awesome. What's the best way to send you the files? Email? Let me know and I'll forward it along to whoever's going to be submitting it.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Mich and I are the current uploaders for the reader so either one of us should do.
Whichever way you prefer to send the file is fine.
Our emails are under out avatars if you prefer that way.
Also available most of the time on the IRC.

joined Sep 19, 2012

Great, thank you very much to both of you. I have let our current chief know and he will be getting in touch with you soon. I think we have a total of 4 chapters to release, if you can't upload them all then that's fine. We appreciate the assistance in any capacity.

joined Jan 28, 2013

All right!

This topic has been locked.