Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

http://rhamesy.tumblr.com/post/153352999154/netsuzou-trap-anime-designs

Anime designs scanned, courtesy of weibo.

Omfg lmao, Yuma's the only one with that last ecchi/pervy shot
The girls look pretty on point, Fujiwara's hair is good enough, but it is me or does Takeda look terrible? Especially shots 5 and 6, that lack of hair between that space before the ear maybe
gosh he looks so generic, even more boring and plain than the usual generic harem mc actually. Kodama put legit 0 effort put into his character design.

They also increased Yuma's bust size a lot.

Oh shit yeah
What was she, a D cup? I don't see why/how they'd be so big, unless it's the boobs' force of inertia or something as she jumps up
Hotaru's supposed to be a cup size bigger too. If Yuma's already really friggin big, Hotaru's fucked

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 6:19AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Faust

It's funny because when you read the interview, Kodama pretty much only mentions about how she enjoys drawing Hotaru and Yuma, and "making their boobs squish together". The main thing she mentions looking forward to seeing in the anime adaptation is how Hotaru and Yuma's bodies will be adapted as well the more intimate scenes of the manga (lol); Incidentally, she also admits that she is quite terrible at drawing delicate facial expressions compared to Saburouta, which explains Yuma's " :o " face in almost every artwork.

Hotaru is a precious sinnamon roll too seductive for this world. Yuma is a precious cinnamon roll that is actually a cinnamon roll.

I approve of this message.

And speaking of artwork, here's a pic of the various (online) retailer exclusive artworks that are included with Vol 3. Hotaru and Yuma looks so cute in those pyjamas ^ _ ^

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 7:00AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hahahahahha that sounds 100% on point, half the plot is basically their boobs squished together
I havent checked the fb post of the interview yet cus im basically cooped up in the living room on a tablet, and fb posts are not super comfortably viewed on such devices
Ight but for real, the more "intimate" scenes are probs half of what makes NTrap what it is
Annnd seems like there we have it, the secret behind the :o's, accurately portrayed in your display pic too
Also rip your link doesnt work

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 7:01AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I think I've laughed way harder than I should've reading your post (lol) XD Do give the interview a read when you can, it's quite insightful.

Also, link fixed, apparently, pixiv's login restriction applies to Dynasty Scans.

Annnd seems like there we have it, the secret behind the :o's, accurately portrayed in your display pic too

Have to admit that the :o face has a charm to it (lol)

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 6:59AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

In the anime designs alone she makes it 3 times out of 7, as well as one of them being an actual 'o face' >_>
Oh and I just saw that she gets 7 bust shots, while the others have 6. They gave Yuma and extra, a peek at fanservice? Her expressions are really varied too, its nice.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Tbh I'm not surprised that Yuma has an extra bust shot, considering much of the manga is her getting into sensual and intimate situations with Hotaru (lol).

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/ChaosTeam/posts/197370310716771

Interview with Kodama Naoko-sensei (and Saburouta) ^ _ ^

It's fascinating to know that Kodama Naoko never planned Hotaru to be a specific character archetype, but yet the impression her character gives is someone that is a lot more assertive and flirtatious in her actions. It could be that works that we've consumed over time has sort of imprinted this image of an assertive personality that we automatically associate characters with, but in actuality we're just putting the pieces together in our heads, or at least, that was what I understood from what she said.

Also, Kodama's fondness of drawing the girls' boobs squished together makes the manga quite titillating, which is the point I think? hehe

I kinda enjoyed the story actually, it had a mature atmosphere to it, not just in the situations that Hotaru and Yuma get themselves into but just the general themes that they're dealing with. I think the manga does a great job in highlighting the darker and more controversial aspects of love that we as consumers tend to gloss over in effort of picturing an idealized relatonship. I saw Girl Friends mentioned a couple pages back, and I can't help but think of this as a darker and more intense story of 2 girls discovering and exploring their sexuality, trying to validate their feelings for eachother. The themes that it explores might not show the brightest or noblest side of love, but I think Hotaru and Yuma has something beautiful in their relationship that should be cherished and allowed to blossom.

Adding this here.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:45AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Abuse relationship what? Nah
It was a relationship that started to help each other from unwanted confessions (dramatic and forceful ones) so while it was fake I suspect Fujiwara might have felt that both Hotaru and himself were similar. Camaraderie? friendship? Whatever it was that met an inconvenience because .. then he found out about her being a DFB.

Hotaru why are you so horny and retarded? >_>;

In the flashback, there was a hint of anger Fujiwara let slip when he found out he was just being used by Hotaru after he saw her with Yuma so perhaps the trip wasn't the first time but what is the worst is that Hotaru was ready so breaking up or whatever outcome happened was expected for her (sex was normal for her from what is implied so no big deal there) even Fujiwara was surprised a bit asking her if that was what she wanted.

They're accomplices and ironically both being the piece of shit they're ironically are more similar than they were before (btw if I got it right Fujiwara cheating was just a fake rumor cuz himself doesn't wants to be involved with anyone for the time being and Hotaru is a good cover).

Have you read the translation somewhere? It makes sense why he doesn't break up with her when he caught her and Yuma together, if this was a relationship to avoid confessions.

It was implied he did cheat, because after a trip a girl was texting him. But maybe she was one of these he was trying to avoid. Well if that's true, it makes the story more interesting

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

What was she, a D cup? I don't see why/how they'd be so big, unless it's the boobs' force of inertia or something as she jumps up
Hotaru's supposed to be a cup size bigger too. If Yuma's already really friggin big, Hotaru's fucked

Now I think we can tell with certainty what genre of yuri the anime will be lol. I prefered Yuma with smaller bust size tbh.
Also Takeda's hair should be black, not brown. Idk why they changed the color

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 9:29AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Now I think we can tell with certainty what genre of yuri the anime will be lol. I prefered Yuma with smaller bust size tbh.
Also Takeda's haird should be black, not brown. Idk why they changed the color

I dont remember seeing him in colour, tho he probs appeared in colour before once or twice, he's just super forgettable
I remember Hotaru with black hair tho, or sometimes dark purple lol. They went with dark brown instead

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Looks like DEEN.

Yeah, this screams DEEN. As if any studio with a decent budget would pick up any (actual) yuri show ever. They couldn't even bother adding any sort of shine/shading to their hair whatsoever, great.

it is me or does Takeda look terrible

I think so, but I think it's mostly because I always pictured him to have black hair for some reason.

I hope they don't try to go full SHAFT on this one like they attempted to with Sakura Trick. While I didn't completely despise it on Sakura Trick, I think it won't fit NTR's style and kind of genre at all.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 3:23PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I hope they don't try to go full SHAFT on this one like they attempted to with Sakura Trick. While I didn't completely despise it on Sakura Trick, I think it won't fit NTR's style and kind of genre at all.

True. Sakura Trick is moe and cute girls doing meaningless fanservice. NTR is not like that. Sure there is plenty of fanservice, but it's dark themed and has also plot and story.
If they focus on Hotaru grabbing Yuma, this is going to be complete disaster. I hope they don't destroy this.
Supposedly anime adaptations are meant to improve the manga material they have for tv. There are already two good seiyuus confirmed, so hopefully they are taking this seriously.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The good news, with Comic Yuri Hime now being monthly, there's a chance that the manga will have enough materials past Ch13 to be adapted; or maybe even completed before the anime airs (unlikely).

Barring Kodama Naoko herself taking an active role in guiding the direction that the anime goes, it's the only viable way I see that can provide a decent ending for the anime.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Looks like DEEN.

Yeah, this screams DEEN. As if any studio with a decent budget would pick up any (actual) yuri show ever. They couldn't even bother adding any sort of shine/shading to their hair whatsoever, great.

What do mean by the "as if any studio [...]" part?
Idk if hair shine is important, but I feel like it's just some character angle shots, no meant to be too "fancy" (?) or anything

What's going SHAFT? I know it's another studio, but I don't get the reference lol I'm sorry

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

What do mean by the "as if any studio [...]" part?

DEEN is known (and rightfully so) for being an extremely low budget studio and not being able to provide smooth animation/consistent art direction for years, but also for being one of the only studios that does actually pick up most yaoi/yuri titles too, while more successful/wealthy studios basically won't touch these genres, particularly yuri, because it doesn't sell (yes, we know, subtext does, but canon/official yuri premises don't). Truth be told, they animated masterpieces like Simoun, but for a series like NTR which considerably lacks on the story/plot/character department, I wish a studio with a semi-decent budget would be in charge of it.

Idk if hair shine is important, but I feel like it's just some character angle shots, no meant to be too "fancy" (?) or anything

Oh, it's not, I even like it simple, but these color pallets just looked outright lazy, minimum effort involved, especially in comparison with Naoko's actual colored drawings.

What's going SHAFT? I know it's another studio, but I don't get the reference lol I'm sorry

I love SHAFT, I really fucking do. They play with colors and shapes on the backgrounds of their shows and tend to make everything look artsy, a bit hipster if you ask me. But that doesn't mean it will work with every show: Monogatari series, Madoka and Hidamari Sketch were a perfect fit in my opinion, and DEEN tried to play with their art on a SHAFTY way with Sakura Trick as well, which I even found cute, but think would be an awful idea to put in practice for NTR.

joined Mar 19, 2016

^
It means what it says. Studios are usually given to adapt titles the higher up consider profitable and a budget proportional to their expectations.
DEEN usually works with low budget and the character designs for the anime from the magazine screams DEEN.

On a off topic my canon yuri otp just died today

T-T

OK
Deleted link

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:59AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Fuck, dude, is that what I think it is
I closed the tab right away
Can you not spoil, especially on unrelated threads?

Edit: Thank you very much

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 3:14PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Yeah, that is true. Also, that was extremely uncalled for, especially since I was planning on watching that show and it really is unrelated to anything being discussed here.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Thanks for explaining btw, Mizusi, it was really interesting and informative, it's that I got quite distracted by something else, instead of formulating a proper response. Closed it the moment I saw bits of the video title on the tab. And I was JUST gonna watch that episode too, fuck. So close to not being spoiled.
But yeah, for the longest time, I've watched anime and not really paid attention to the studios responsible for them. I started taking notice of them more as they are discussed/brought up sometimes in the anime thread, but I can't say that I'm very familiar with even the bigger/more popular/infamous studios yet

DEEN tried to play with their art on a SHAFTY way with Sakura Trick as well, which I even found cute, but think would be an awful idea to put in practice for NTR.

Oh, like, the words/flowers/character motifs running around on the screen? I thought it was very visually interesting. I haven't seen much from Shaft (I only remember Madoka Magica), but I saw the first ep of the first season of Monogatari, I just remember words flashing on the screen a lot.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

You're welcome, and no need to justify anything, it's fine even if you don't respond~

Also, yep, that kind o stuff: flowery backgrounds and shapes around the screen, etc. I still am excited to confirm whether it's going to be DEEN or any other studio to pick this up, though.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

WHY DO I SHIP THE GUYS TOO?

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

I fuckin hate Hotaru. At first, she was okay but she is just a bitch

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

I fuckin hate Hotaru. At first, she was okay but she is just a bitch

joined Jun 12, 2015

Chapter 13 TL:
http://imgur.com/a/tXoU6

joined Dec 9, 2014

Seems like we'll get an arc where Yuma will start going after Hotaru. from what she says in this chapter, she seems bothered that Hotaru kissing her means so little to Hotaru
Also, Fujiwara once again proved biggest a-hole

At least Hotaru and Yuma like each other. Worst thing that can happen imo is this indifference and lack of emotions from a character. I prefer them a little yandere rather than void of emotions

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 6:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.