Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I wrote this some weeks ago, when we were discussing Seju in this thread.

Seju is just passively waiting while wishing for Sumin's relationship to fail: Honestly, I think this is up to the reader. Most of you agree that she's passive and I agree to a certain extent. But waiting for 10 fucking years isn't for the weak of heart. She quit drinking; she didn't fool around with other women. She didn't distract herself from her heartache. Yes, Seju was passive as she didn't fight back for Sumin. But she stood still like a stone and refused to move on. I think that's a choice of hers and I respect that. Maybe she's just chained to the emotional dependency of Sumin and thus she is passive for not trying to fight that. But maybe it's just her stubborn choice and she will accept the pain that will come with it.

The best part of this chapter for me is that Seju declares its her call whether she stays in love with a past lover or moves on. And that she accepts whatever she gets from it, because it has a meaning for her.

Also I'm actually relived to see Seju's breakdown even though it almost killed me. She goes from psycho in chapter 47 and then to crying woobie in 48, which makes me pretty happy to see her character getting all her development.

Seju's character is the best developed right now imo. And I agree, she's not weak. maybe passively waiting, yes. But it's different

she's not exactly weak, she's just really broken somehow but at the same time really strong for enduring all that... She's just weak in the sense that she needs a specific person to love her and she can't move on from that person and look around her a bit more. Well, weak isn't a good word, she just seems kind of lost if that makes any sense...
I think Sumin is well developed as well but maybe Seju might be more I'm not sure... Seju hasn't changed much but we get to know a lot about her different sides, Sumin is more consistent I guess.

Yeah, I agree that in a sense, Seju is weak. She's weak regarding her need for Sumin. But that's easy to say, if you haven't experience what is to grow up with people who taught you hate and humiliation, and then meeting someone who loves you. I think it's hard to let go of that person. But when she says she has the right to love Sumin her way, that hit hard, because she's kind of right, in the sense, it's her call whether she will love her even though it's over. People say you should move on. Most people agree with that. But to some, that's not how it works. Seju chose to stand her ground. I think anyone can't really complain about that, because that's ultimately her call. What is morally wrong, however, is that even though Seju has the right to stay in love, she doesn't have the right to sabotage Sumin's relationships, which may be implied in her "way of loving someone".

um, maybe, I'm not sure she has done that but "her way of loving" means that Sumin can't have a committed relationship with anyone which is just... wrong... But maybe Sumin will end up having an open relationship with Sungji so that she can be with Seju too... ugh... don't make me think about it pleaaaaseeee! ><

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Sh!t! Nami is such an asshole! The girl broke down, but at least she should have given her a hug or some consolation. Tho...I feel bad for Seju, but holding onto someone who doesn't love you anymore is a fool. Anyway I could perhaps tell why, but Sumin is not good for her well-being. She can't be just a vessel and accept all those crap that's thrown to her way. She needs to think that her life is important too! Argh! She feels worthless, except that she thinks only Sumin loved her.

Sumin seems like she is swayed so easily. I'm not sure what is gonna be her reaction about this news. Just an afterthought

As for Nami, I don't really get her intention. Yes, she's acting like a catalyst to all three of them towards Sumin, Seju and Sungji. However, I'm not sure if she just wants to help Seju to move on, or she finds this amusing to know Sumin's reaction, or she wants Seju to all herself. I could probably say more lol! Perhaps she has planned this before, or I'm overthinking too much? But really, what she is after? Care to enlighten me to this one?

I think Seju has the right to stay in love though. It's just like she said, call her whatever you may, she may be foolish, but that's her choice whether she will hold on to that love or not.

Regarding Nami, honestly I don't know. I don't think Nami loves Seju, but she may have some conflicting feelings about her, since she may pity Seju, but thought Seju was totally toxic to Sumin, hence trying to separate them once and for all. But the fact that Seju broke down before Nami, may have backfired Nami in the sense that maybe now that she has seen that part of Seju - and not only the psycho part of her in chapter 47 - she may start having real feelings towards Seju.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Sh!t! Nami is such an asshole! The girl broke down, but at least she should have given her a hug or some consolation. Tho...I feel bad for Seju, but holding onto someone who doesn't love you anymore is a fool. Anyway I could perhaps tell why, but Sumin is not good for her well-being. She can't be just a vessel and accept all those crap that's thrown to her way. She needs to think that her life is important too! Argh! She feels worthless, except that she thinks only Sumin loved her.

Sumin seems like she is swayed so easily. I'm not sure what is gonna be her reaction about this news. Just an afterthought

As for Nami, I don't really get her intention. Yes, she's acting like a catalyst to all three of them towards Sumin, Seju and Sungji. However, I'm not sure if she just wants to help Seju to move on, or she finds this amusing to know Sumin's reaction, or she wants Seju to all herself. I could probably say more lol! Perhaps she has planned this before, or I'm overthinking too much? But really, what she is after? Care to enlighten me to this one?

I think Seju has the right to stay in love though. It's just like she said, call her whatever you may, she may be foolish, but that's her choice whether she will hold on to that love or not.

Regarding Nami, honestly I don't know. I don't think Nami loves Seju, but she may have some conflicting feelings about her, since she may pity Seju, but thought Seju was totally toxic to Sumin, hence trying to separate them once and for all. But the fact that Seju broke down before Nami, may have backfired Nami in the sense that maybe now that she has seen that part of Seju - and not only the psycho part of her in chapter 47 - she may start having real feelings towards Seju.

I'm pretty sure Nami always liked Seju to some extent, not loved her, of course not, but liked her a bit more than saaay, Sungji. Well, I'm not sure why she lied to Sumin about sleeping with Seju though? Don't you think it was a bit like "Seju's mine now" or not? Of course Seju has the right to love Sumin but that's just gonna hurt her in the end :< I don't think anyone wants that...

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

Seju obviously feels tremendous guilt over ruining what they had and has gone way beyond what a normal person would go to repent. I think its hard to say that she should have just walked away when they have kept their emotional dependency intact through out several relationships.. I dont think Sumin feels nothing for Seju she has obviously time and time again looked for comfort in her, she could have stopped at any moment since she holds a ton of power in that aspect. Either way they both have contributed immensely to this really unhealthy emotional relationship. I dont think they have had any conversation on what exactly their feelings are towards each other since the whole thing went down ten years ago. Sumin's initial reaction to Nami telling her that Seju has slept with someone is like "huh, she hasn't slept with me.." or something like that, as if she wouldnt expect Seju to break her Repent of so many years...

As for Nami i think she has feelings for Seju.. i mean she has obviously been watching the whole damn thing and has finally decided it was time to do something about it. She told Seju a few chapters back that this time might be different as if to for shadow that Sumin might actually fall in love with Sung Ji. she's a very hard character to read but i still think her intentions are good. but come on girl HUGs could have helped the cause in this chapter.

I also dont think they could have had sex. its like the first time Seju cried in like ten years (as far as we know) how could anyone that emotional have sex...

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 7:58PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I'm pretty sure Nami always liked Seju to some extent, not loved her, of course not, but liked her a bit more than saaay, Sungji. Well, I'm not sure why she lied to Sumin about sleeping with Seju though? Don't you think it was a bit like "Seju's mine now" or not? Of course Seju has the right to love Sumin but that's just gonna hurt her in the end :< I don't think anyone wants that...

Yes, I want Seju to have a happy ending, no matter what it is. But have you ever thought that to some people the happy ending isn't a need? Have you ever considered that life isn't about being happy to some? Seju is free to do whatever she wants. This is a fiction, so it may even sound a bit bizarre to be discussing this here. But I've learned in my field of work that people should be free to choose and you have to respect that. I've seen people choose to die, when they had the opportunity to be cured. It's hard to respect their choices without judging, but those people convinced me that sometimes life isn't about being happy and living long. Sometimes you have to accept that people won't do as you think they should.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Sumin's initial reaction to Nami telling her that Seju has slept with someone is like "huh, she hasn't slept with me.." or something like that, as if she wouldnt expect Seju to break her Repent of so many years...

That actually makes me wonder...Is Sumin this confident because she takes Seju for granded? What if she felt like she would actually lose her? Would she still not care like now, or act more upset

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:00PM

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

Sumin's initial reaction to Nami telling her that Seju has slept with someone is like "huh, she hasn't slept with me.." or something like that, as if she wouldnt expect Seju to break her Repent of so many years...

That actually makes me wonder...Is Sumin this confident because she takes Seju for granded? What if she felt like she would actually lose her? Would she still not care like now, or act more upset

Yes. I wonder if she will get mad or be malicious in anyway.. I personally dont think she has a right to say a damn thing to Seju about her sleeping with anyone cause do u ask permission? and u obviously arent in any committed/agreed upon open relationship. so next chapter will be fire

Also what about Sung Ji? she has been kept in the dark this entire time.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:04PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

That also bugged me. It was like she didn't expect Seju to do that. Why Sumin acted that way though is only speculation for now. I see some possibilities, but that would cause some ruckus and I think I prefer to keep to myself. Also, I don't want to get any hopes up, because it will only hurt more when my ship sinks lol.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Azai
I guess you are right :/ but can we hope for a good ending? ;_; but Seju is definitely gonna play a role with Sungji and Sumin >.< omg!!
I think Sumin might get a bit upset :/ maybe because she doesn't fully trust Sungji or maybe it's hard to let go of the past... I just hope Sungji is not the next one crying...
or maybe in the end Sumin will turn out to be unsuitable for both of them and Sungji and Seju will become best friends and go drink together and complain about how Sumin broke their heart >.> it's plausible... >.> hopefully Sumin isn't a jerk like that though ;_;

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Yes. I wonder if she will get mad or be malicious in anyway.. I personally dont think she has a right to say a damn thing to Seju about her sleeping with anyone cause do u ask permission? and u obviously arent in any committed/agreed upon open relationship. so next chapter will be fire

Also what about Sung Ji? she has been kept in the dark this entire time.

I think Sumin won't be mad or be passive-aggressive with Seju or Nami for now (that would totally mess thing up though).I think what we will see in the next chapter is a distracted Sumin when she meets Sungji. And my guess is that Sungji will notice it and try to understand what's going on. How Sumin will react after that is what I would look forward to. Honestly? I think Sungji is still the endgame, but Sumin will have to deal with her issues with Seju first.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:13PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

That also bugged me. It was like she didn't expect Seju to do that. Why Sumin acted that way though is only speculation for now. I see some possibilities, but that would cause some ruckus and I think I prefer to keep to myself. Also, I don't want to get any hopes up, because it will only hurt more when my ship sinks lol.

I think maybe Sumin felt Nami was accusing her so that's why she said it wasn't her but it's also a bit that she was surprised I think and that last panel of her holding her phone seems to suggest that she's thinking about Seju and Sungji... >.> phone -> calling Sungji, tell her not to come?! O_O hopefully not!! >.<

joined Mar 27, 2016

Although I am a very recent addition to the community I just wanted to iterate two things:

1) Reading your own takes on this story is invaluable to me and I enjoy the very (somewhat) referent and passive nature of you guys when it comes to discussing wdtfs.' Other communities (including the recent 'invasion' of a member long gone) seem to hyper focus on the ego-centric nature of conflict instead of showing maturity in considering the viewpoints of others. I've never seen such a nice group of people able to disagree and share, for that I thank you ^^

2) The team that creates this story are quite talented. Lesser story tellers would have merely had Seju sleep with Nami and moved on to the ramifications of that, but to show restraint and have Seju break down shows that they are truly nuanced masters of their craft. I haven't read any of their previous works, but I have found this story to be near perfection, haunting and energizing through its real, and purposefully authentic approach to human relations. A lot of quite good but not up to pare story tellers would have not even considered such an act. Even if Seju is a late term addition to the story I don't think anyone can deny that they seem to pay respect to her and consider the ramifications of what they have decided on for her as a character.

All that said

3) The people who say that Seju has never shown remorse have never had, and especially now so, a leg to stand on.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:25PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Also how Sumin said that Nami should leave because Sungji was coming. It still shows that she's not willing to open up to her past with Sungji.
Maybe this whole thing with Nami and Seju now, will force her to let Sungji know. Or Sungji will somehow learn about it from other people.

Seju's words after she started crying were really heartbreaking. This actually made me think that even if she ends up being with Nami, she will forever love Sumin. Even if they will not be together.
Maybe sometimes, even loving someone without them turning it back is also enough for a person

joined Aug 31, 2014

I think what we will see in the next chapter is a distracted Sumin when she meets Sungji. And my guess is that Sungji will notice it and try to understand what's going on.

this is my guess too, for what will happen next chapter. Sumin doesn't seem like the type to flip out and try to talk to Seju immediately, plus she doesn't really have a right to do that since she's not in a serious relationship with Seju. if she does then that will probably raise even more hope for you guys on Team Pink lol. i also don't think Nammi and Seju slept together, not after Seju had such a major break down like that.

Nammi is probably trying to bait for a reaction from Sumin, but damn does she go to such length to do it. did she really tell the press about their relationship? i still have somewhat mixed feelings about her tbh but she does not seem to have any bad intentions, as far as i'm aware of..

that flashback quote she had though. "let's forget the whole thing just for today", must be something that bartender guy said to her during their one night stand........ which is why she got triggered and just broke down like that...

Sumin's initial attitude bugs me too. she really does take Seju for granted.....

joined Mar 27, 2016

I wonder if Sumin really understands the depths of Seju when it comes to her regret for her actions and well as her love for her. I think that is a lot of ways she views what Seju does (saying she will wait until she dies, or buying her gifts) as antagonism and showmanship. If Seju could muster the strength to be strong enough to overcome her love of being steadfast in defeat, I think she could get through to Sumin.

A few chapers ago, we all were expletive that this team to try to demean our opinion of Seju, I think, in fact, they are trying to raise it. Whether that will be to come to terms, rejoinder, or to surpass, Sumin, remains to be seen.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:33PM

joined Mar 17, 2016

Yes, I want Seju to have a happy ending, no matter what it is. But have you ever thought that to some people the happy ending isn't a need? Have you ever considered that life isn't about being happy to some? Seju is free to do whatever she wants. This is a fiction, so it may even sound a bit bizarre to be discussing this here. But I've learned in my field of work that people should be free to choose and you have to respect that. I've seen people choose to die, when they had the opportunity to be cured. It's hard to respect their choices without judging, but those people convinced me that sometimes life isn't about being happy and living long. Sometimes you have to accept that people won't do as you think they should.

It's too unfortunate to see someone choose this life. For instance, Seju, hoping the person she love would come back to her. But that is her choice. Hopefully, she'll meet someone one day and treat her nice. If it is Nami, then I'm hoping she'll treat Seju nice.

Nami might have been at least affected, witnessing the real Seju, but we will see if she does fall for her. As for now, I'm seeing her like maybe she just likes Seju becuase of her looks. Probably she cares for her, but love is out of the window.

Again, I have a feeling Nami is plotting on something. I just have a feeling, but her goal is really blurry for now. I'm thinking she is gauging her reaction, but for what? And Sumin, looks like she is about to think she's gonna lose Seju. That reaction after Nami telling her that she slept with her.

Hmm??? This is getting interesting. I like the character development, especially Seju. I just don't see her as the tough, cold CEO. Then for Sungji and Sumin, I'm hoping I just don't see them do the do, but I want to see the romantic Sumin as well. About Sungji, I wanna see another part of her where she is not just the naive young blonde. Oh well, I'm gonna wait for another week again.

joined Mar 8, 2014

She kind of does, doesn't she? But I think it's a bit that she felt like Nami was accusing her as I mentioned before! umm...

yeah I think Sumin doesn't want Sungji to know... and I think Sungji might get mad at Sumin because of that (just to show her development) and I think Sumin might have a realization or sth, hopefully not a bad one... >.>
Why would Nami want a reaction from Sumin though? hmmm >.>

MacySan come to off topic :D we're building the UYN

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:32PM

joined Aug 31, 2014

Faylicia

Why would Nami want a reaction from Sumin though?

i think she, like most of us, wants to know how Sumin really feels about Seju after all this time, beyond the physical relationship. just a guess though. Nammi is the most mysterious character in the series so far honestly. it's really hard to tell what she's thinking...

also is it just me or Seju wears the best bras? :P

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:42PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Faylicia

Why would Nami want a reaction from Sumin though?

i think she, like most of us, wants to know how Sumin really feels about Seju after all this time, beyond the physical relationship. just a guess though. Nammi is the most mysterious character in the series so far honestly. it's really hard to tell what she's thinking...

also is it just me or Seju wears the best bras? :P

I agree! also I like Sumin's bra the most ^///^ ahahahaha

joined Mar 27, 2016

More so than Seju's dependency, I think Nami is a little disgusted at her friend pathetically having it both ways for so long. She wants to force the situation to make her friend make a decision for once and for all. That's not to say that she thinks Seju is blameless. In fact her loyalties and quite clearly to Sumin, but after the last chapter I think she sees Seju in a bit of new light,

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:47PM

joined Aug 31, 2014

I agree! also I like Sumin's bra the most ^///^ ahahahaha

i don't think they're trying to make any main character a ~villain~ here so hopefully everyone will be complex and likeable without having to be on the dark side.

Sumin wears nice bras too but they're mostly black ones. Seju has worn black bras, lacey bras, flowery bras,... all kinds. she truly is the titty goddess of this story lol

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Although I am a very recent addition to the community I just wanted to iterate two things:

1) Reading your own takes on this story is invaluable to me and I enjoy the very (somewhat) referent and passive nature of you guys when it comes to discussing wdtfs.' Other communities (including the recent 'invasion' of a member long gone) seem to hyper focus on the ego-centric nature of conflict instead of showing maturity in considering the viewpoints of others. I've never seen such a nice group of people able to disagree and share, for that I thank you ^^

2) The team that creates this story are quite talented. Lesser story tellers would have merely had Seju sleep with Nami and moved on to the ramifications of that, but to show restraint and have Seju break down shows that they are truly nuanced masters of their craft. I haven't read any of their previous works, but I have found this story to be near perfection, haunting and energizing through its real, and purposefully authentic approach to human relations. A lot of quite good but not up to pare story tellers would have not even considered such an act. Even if Seju is a late term addition to the story I don't think anyone can deny that they seem to pay respect to her and consider the ramifications of what they have decided on for her as a character.

All that said

3) The people who say that Seju has never shown remorse have never had, and especially now so, a leg to stand on.

Seeya
Come discuss WDTFS with us more! I agree with you that this community feels more mature than others, because we try to respect people's opinion. Even though people here may disagree with each other's views, most of us are willing to read and interprete the posts, ponderate about them and judge them accordingly. Most of us are level headed, so a clean debate is possible. And the more opinions we have, the more is added to the discussion.

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

I think some users are unto something. Perhaps blue hair's intention is to unveil how Sumin really feels about Seju.

Now let me get into the things I'm speculating/thinking/wondering.

1. Sumin could probably feel that she has to stand by Seju because what Blue Hair did was pretty low.

2. Sumin actually feels "something" upon seeing that the person who has loved her regardless of anything has been touched by someone more. Kind of like an Alpha reaction to seeing her females going with someone else even if she has someone now.

3. Let's be realistic, how much does blonde hair know about Sumin? Don't you guys feel like nothing? This is like a Teenage romance, all about the sex. Which is what happens in most hormone driven situationships.

4. If Sumin does get upset or is affected. What the hell does that mean?

And last, I want my own Seju because, let us be honest. Who doesn't want to be loved this much? Someone who wants to wait for someone to see if they can make it again? I'm sure a lot of people here know what's like to get a second chance.

This is why this manwha feels somehow realistic. And though I'd hate to be Seju I can sympathize

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Zedx

Hmm??? This is getting interesting. I like the character development, especially Seju. I just don't see her as the tough, cold CEO. Then for Sungji and Sumin, I'm hoping I just don't see them do the do, but I want to see the romantic Sumin as well. About Sungji, I wanna see another part of her where she is not just the naive young blonde. Oh well, I'm gonna wait for another week again.

At first, I thought WDTFS would be too predictable, but the story surprised me a lot. I really enjoyed Seju's development (but it's quiet obvious, since I'm biased here). But, yeah, I definitely agree that Sungji needs some development. Let's hope we get to see it soon.

joined Aug 31, 2014

Let's be realistic, how much does blonde hair know about Sumin? Don't you guys feel like nothing? This is like a Teenage romance, all about the sex. Which is what happens in most hormone driven situationships.

i've been trying to refrain from saying this but yeah you took the words out of my mouth (sort of. i wouldn't say it so bluntly). Sumin and Sungji's relationship feels kind of shallow so far, at least from the way Gaji has been treating them ever since Sumin tried to sleep with Sungji and failed the first time. i really feel that they really intend for Sumin and Sungji to be THE couple, but it doesn't feel that way to me as of now. they are trying to add more depth to it i can see that, but they're not trying hard enough imo...

and i wouldn't say i want my own Seju, but damn i really do want to give her a big hug, if she lets me of course. she probaly won't because i'm not Sumin lol.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:03PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.