Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oNJq-dHzE

The Handmaiden, based on Fingersmith and set in 30s Korea during Japanese occupation.

Knowing how koreans feel about LGBT it's probably going to be a huge disappointment, I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for this.

As long as they don't end up making the two straight, then it's all good in my book. I have a bad habit of placing hope into Korean media...

Based on the trailer and character intros, it looks pretty faithful to the original so far. The cinematic direction is really pretty if nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpZLtt4Ctg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4nEO3eZvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-ZqQT-NiM

(I need to tone down my excitement so I don't get disappointed later on if it sucks sigh)

Oh the joys of being a yuri fangirl!

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Btw is anyone still watching Orphan Black? I mean Delphine is definitely alive, I just could never believe that she's dead. And Krystal talked about her in present tense and I wont believe for a second what Evie said. Cosima's reaction was heartbreaking tho.

last edited at May 21, 2016 5:31PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^That's quite a weird way of setting up your spoiler tags. Like, you might wanna spoiler tag the biggest spoiler in there too, even if it's only speculation.

I'll wait till the season is finished and binge it afterwards.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

That already happened a year ago, I thought it was widely known already since it made quite the ruckus. But I'll change it anyways.

I still don't quite understand how you guys tag your spoilers.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

melevas posted:

That already happened a year ago, I thought it was widely known already since it made quite the ruckus. But I'll change it anyways.

I still don't quite understand how you guys tag your spoilers.

Just because it happened year ago it doesn't mean everyone watched it. If it isn't thread made specifically to talk about up to date state of show, then you should tag anything that doesn't happen right at the beginning of series. Just assume no one watched it and tag what you would consider a spoiler to someone who didn't see it.

last edited at May 22, 2016 11:14AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Btw is anyone still watching Orphan Black? I mean Delphine is definitely alive, I just could never believe that she's dead. And Krystal talked about her in present tense and I wont believe for a second what Evie said. Cosima's reaction was heartbreaking tho.

Agreed.
Also, She's pretty much the only one who can still save them now. I'm waiting for the moment they fall in despair no knowing what to do, and Delphine comes back with the cure

Even more with the dream Cosima had last season with Delphine saying that will be back to save her.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Agreed.
Also, She's pretty much the only one who can still save them now. I'm waiting for the moment they fall in despair no knowing what to do, and Delphine comes back with the cure

Even more with the dream Cosima had last season with Delphine saying that will be back to save her.

That'd be really great but I almost feel like it's gonna be more complicated than that, but I really hope it's going to end up like you just said. I mean, why would someone shoot Delphine (mabye purposely in front of Krystal so they have a ''witness'' for Delphine's death) and then just let her go to save the clones? What if Neolution is doing smth fcked up to her or trying to use her.

but we're getting closer to whatever it is.

last edited at May 23, 2016 7:14AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

That'd be really great but I almost feel like it's gonna be more complicated than that, but I really hope it's going to end up like you just said. I mean, why would someone shoot Delphine (mabye purposely in front of Krystal so they have a ''witness'' for Delphine's death) and then just let her go to save the clones? What if Neolution is doing smth fcked up to her or trying to use her.

but we're getting closer to whatever it is.

I doubt Evie would even let Delphine live anyway. She has no use for her and wants to eliminate any chance of curing the clones. If she's alive, it's probably because some third party saved her. Maybe even someone inside Neolution, since there's a lot of people with different interests inside. We also don't know what Rachel is really planning. Who knows, she might have somehow manipulated someone to rescue her, and she really wants a cure.

I don't think she would turn back as a prisioner. Orphan Black is usually clever than that.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I can't wait to see Shaw and Root reunion. I want some flirting.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyone seen 'Girltrash: All Night Long'? Debating on whether or not I should watch it.

I'm waiting for PoI to finish before watching it, cause I can't wait for episodes to come out xD After seeing the first episode and the opening scene, well.. I don't like it when they show part of the end at the start of a movie/series. More often than not, it's precisely the opposite of what that opening suggests, but with PoI I really think that it could be exactly what it is xD

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Anyone seen 'Girltrash: All Night Long'? Debating on whether or not I should watch it.

It's better than I thought it would, the sorority girls are awesome. It's not something you must absolutely watch in my opinion but it's nice.

I'm waiting for PoI to finish before watching it, cause I can't wait for episodes to come out xD After seeing the first episode and the opening scene, well.. I don't like it when they show part of the end at the start of a movie/series. More often than not, it's precisely the opposite of what that opening suggests, but with PoI I really think that it could be exactly what it is xD

I sense flirting coming so I can't miss any episode... No seriously, I thought I would be suffering waiting for the episodes but no, no horrible cliffhanger for now so it's okay

last edited at May 27, 2016 5:54AM

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

I sense flirting coming so I can't miss any episode... No seriously, I thought I would be suffering waiting for the episodes but no, no horrible cliffhanger for now so it's okay

They've been releasing PoI episodes more than once a week as well so this season is going by in a flash. Plus I sense more than flirting coming (Though since it's me, I'm probably wrong).

joined Jan 21, 2015

They've been releasing PoI episodes more than once a week as well so this season is going by in a flash. Plus I sense more than flirting coming (Though since it's me, I'm probably wrong).

The POI writers have basically been writing fanfiction this season. Angst (so much angst), tragedy (sort of), fluff, smut, crack (what the fuck was episode 6? it was amazing), throwbacks to previous episodes and tiny details that casual viewers wouldn't remember, like Root's message. I'm really enjoying the ride so far.

Regarding Root and Shaw, the showrunners talked about their relationship in this interview (spoilers for episode 4). They state outright that there's more to come, which is both awesome and surprising considering that John left his girlfriend so there's no wholesome straight romance to balance out the eeeevil anti-Christ abomination.

Oh and hey, Wynonna Earp fans: Congrats! :D

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

James Franco is remaking (making a sequel to? I don't know) Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? It's a lesbian romance with vampires now.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Hahaha Wynnona Earp... Waverly and the lesbian cop had an awkward talk about different subjects.

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Kissing and romance!

last edited at May 28, 2016 12:44PM

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

Hahaha Wynnona Earp... Waverly and the lesbian cop had an awkward talk about different subjects.

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Kissing and romance!

Oh god, that talk physically caused me pain. Hooray for the other stuff though!

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I was like JUST KISS ALREADY during that awkwardness, but it was still kinda cute.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

I've just grown tired of seeing misunderstandings used to create drama when it comes to relationships. Though thankfully it didn't last very long.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think this time the misunderstanding was used to prep the sails of the wayhaught ship lol.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

Probably both, you know what they say, "No pain no gain, right matey?" Now we just have to hope our dear officer doesn't end up dead.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The showrunner is a woman, and seems to be shipping them both pretty hard herself (on twitter) lol. So that gives me some hope.

last edited at May 28, 2016 4:35PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

The POI writers have basically been writing fanfiction this season. Angst (so much angst), tragedy (sort of), fluff, smut, crack (what the fuck was episode 6? it was amazing), throwbacks to previous episodes and tiny details that casual viewers wouldn't remember, like Root's message. I'm really enjoying the ride so far.

Regarding Root and Shaw, the showrunners talked about their relationship in this interview (spoilers for episode 4). They state outright that there's more to come, which is both awesome and surprising considering that John left his girlfriend so there's no wholesome straight romance to balance out the eeeevil anti-Christ abomination.

Alright, so you guys convinced me to watch. Cause no cliffhangers and all that.

I really enjoyed the 4th episode, even if it was a 'dream-sequence' and I absolutely hate those. More because it shows the feelings of Shaw to Root. Or an approximation of it and if after 7000+ she ended up with Root and her killing herself, then even if it's a simulation it's kind of clear xD. The comments on that article though were pretty funny. Guess that's what you would expect from IGN commenters.

I personally was happy that Reese broke-up with Iris, it was so hamfisted and that relationship was unbalanced to begin with. I would've been happy with her being a Samaritan agent at the end though, so either way, I liked how they did it. I really like Zoe with John though, so, I may be a little biased xD

I'm pretty sure more people were rooting(heh) for Shaw/Root than John/Iris so I'm not surprised they cut it off there, a lot of people weren't happy with Iris getting together with John, I guess they listened about that particular relationship.

I could write a whole lot more, but I'll refrain xD But, the start for episode 2 was hilarious

last edited at May 28, 2016 6:10PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Alright, so you guys convinced me to watch. Cause no cliffhangers and all that.

I really enjoyed the 4th episode, even if it was a 'dream-sequence' and I absolutely hate those. More because it shows the feelings of Shaw to Root. Or an approximation of it and if after 7000+ she ended up with Root and her killing herself, then even if it's a simulation it's kind of clear xD. The comments on that article though were pretty funny. Guess that's what you would expect from IGN commenters.

I personally was happy that Reese broke-up with Iris, it was so hamfisted and that relationship was unbalanced to begin with. I would've been happy with her being a Samaritan agent at the end though, so either way, I liked how they did it. I really like Zoe with John though, so, I may be a little biased xD

I'm pretty sure more people were rooting(heh) for Shaw/Root than John/Iris so I'm not surprised they cut it off there, a lot of people weren't happy with Iris getting together with John, I guess they listened about that particular relationship.

I could write a whole lot more, but I'll refrain xD But, the start for episode 2 was hilarious

I was honestly impressed that they made that particular twist work. Similarly, Mr. Robot also managed to pull off a very risky twist that would've fallen flat on many other shows. I like when TV writers actually do their job of telling a story well!

Here's an analysis of the episode by Vox's Todd VanDerWerff. There was a ton of great meta written on Tumblr, too.

Of course, the fact that it was a simulation means that predictably, many people completely dismissed everything that happened in it, especially the Root/Shaw parts, but at some point it's best to just give up on the idiots and enjoy the show in your own safe corner of the Internet.

I wonder what John giving up on relationships (again) will mean for him. I always figured that his happy ending would have to be with a woman, because he has nothing to look forward to once he gets too old to work the numbers. After that wedding episode I really want everyone to have a dumb happy ending :(

joined Jan 8, 2016

Yuri on Danbooru

Haven't checked it out myself yet but newest and first pages are choke full of gay.

Edit: Yuuuuuuuuuup, totally gay. Need moar.

last edited at May 30, 2016 2:40PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I was honestly impressed that they made that particular twist work. Similarly, Mr. Robot also managed to pull off a very risky twist that would've fallen flat on many other shows. I like when TV writers actually do their job of telling a story well!

Here's an analysis of the episode by Vox's Todd VanDerWerff. There was a ton of great meta written on Tumblr, too.

Of course, the fact that it was a simulation means that predictably, many people completely dismissed everything that happened in it, especially the Root/Shaw parts, but at some point it's best to just give up on the idiots and enjoy the show in your own safe corner of the Internet.

I wonder what John giving up on relationships (again) will mean for him. I always figured that his happy ending would have to be with a woman, because he has nothing to look forward to once he gets too old to work the numbers. After that wedding episode I really want everyone to have a dumb happy ending :(

I'm not all that surprised that they made that episode work, I mean look at 'If-Then-Else' it was basically that but from Samaritan's POV and it just showed one simulation. I kind of called it (about 80% sure) when Shaw confronted Root and John in the café and convinced them to strike back that I thought something was wrong, funnily enough, Shaw shooting John didn't raise the percentage xD But when I say Lambert hopping along trying to chase them, it was pretty clear that it wasn't real.

I was a little wary about how they were gonna handle Shaw being captured and maybe ultimately 'flipped' into a Samaritan agent, but yet again, the writers are on-point and didn't delve too much into sci-fi territory, it is more likely for her to mess up what reality is instead of succumbing to brainwashing with a chip, and I'm saying that because of her brain isn't wired as normal people. Her Axis disorder, which she must have different brain chemistry to the general population and because of that, I don't think a chip would work. But yeah.

I'm sad that centaurianthropology couldn't write up her/his take on the episodes, they were always more or less right on the predictions.

As for John, I took it more that he's gonna finish what they started and if he survived, maybe he'll get a semblance of a normal life, still working numbers but also finding someone to share it with when everything is over and they don't have to look over their shoulder for Samaritan. At least that's what I took from that, of course, he could've completely given up on finding someone and just lives for the job.

I've read a lot of Shoot fics (I still think that ship name doesn't suit them) and they wrote her believable without knowing how she handles 'relationships' after watching the 4th episode we kinda see that she is more or less like every other person in a relationship, naturally more agressive, but still, not as opposed to it as people generally write about her xD That is, completely opposed to it.

Kinda sucks that there isn't PMs xD Then again, we could just make a new thread, but with this season being most likely the last one, I don't know if it's worth it.

last edited at May 30, 2016 7:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.