Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jul 23, 2013

I want to sign up for translation. I'm Korean and living in Seoul. The only problem is I will be extremely busy for few days (just for a week or so) so if there is anything I can help let me know.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Maepkllm

I want to sign up for translation. I'm Korean and living in Seoul. The only problem is I will be extremely busy for few days (just for a week or so) so if there is anything I can help let me know.

That would just be so awesome! If you're busy, we'll give you all the time you'd need. Maybe you know someone else, who's fluent in Korean and could help you out? If so, maybe just try to get them on board and ask them to sign up here (if they aren't already) so we know whom to contact? Otherwise, just keep an eye on this thread for more updates from me and the others. We'll manage to recruit someone else to give you a hand with the translations for sure, so you won't be overwhelmed. :) For now though: THANK YOU SO MUCH! You rock!

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 3:38PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

littleyuri
That picture is so sweet! :D

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

More Updates

LINK FOR THE FORUM: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10056-fluttering-feelings-fans-unite-hang-in-there-ssamba

GO NUTS, PEOPLE!
Let's love the shit out of this woman! W00t

joined Jun 13, 2016

I'm new too. I just create an account after reading the bad news :(
Suzuma count me in.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

ORUGAdesu
The post above yours has the link for the forum where you can say something to Ssamba. Hop on over there and go nuts! :D And thanks for joining!

littleyuri
You should totally post that fanart of Seola over in the FF-unite thread as well! :D

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 5:16PM

joined Jun 13, 2016

Another one that just created and account and made my small contribution. Thank you for the initiative Suzuma!

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Thank you for the initiative Suzuma!

Thank yourself for joining it! :D
If this keeps growing at that rate, we're gonna be in a pinch with finding enough translators to help us out. XD
Considering that...

This is me asking you for help and cooperation once more!

It's awesome that you all want to jump in and let Ssamba know how you feel and wish her well. But without translators, we won't get far. Now, I got 2 problems standing in my way:

1. I'm just here for reading and commenting and chatting with friends. I have literally no idea where to find translators (although I have spotted a few threads here, where I think I could find help...). If any of you is more knowledgeable than me about this, please do sacrifice some of your time to help me search. If you find someone, just try to contact them on your own and direct them over to the FF-unite thread, alright? That's the fastest way to make progress. :)

2. As I mentioned before, I've had a heart transplantation not too long ago and am still in rehab because of that, so for this week at least, the time I will be able to spend here is limited, as I have a rehab schedule I'm required to follow each day. As I was the one to start this, I will use every minute I can get to contribute to the progress of this initiative. However, overall I guess what I'm trying to say is this: I'M COUNTING ON YOUR HELP! Everyone who's as fired up about this as me and has enough time to spend, please give me a hand. Arigatou gozaimasu! bows

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 6:00PM

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Do you guys think if we could get someone from Korea to get into contact with SSamba some kind of fundraiser would be feasible? I don't know how the healthcare system over in Korea is but cancer treatment + the inability to work seems to be financially overwhelming and depending on how many people we could get to take part i bet it would help her out.
Oh and i just wanted to say you're doing a great job taking the initiative Suzuma! I sure hope someone can find a translator to make your awesome idea work!

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 6:07PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

infinest
Thanks for joining in! ^^
Hmm...a fundraiser would be a bit tough to organize. Not impossible, but not simple either. It's a great idea, but for now, it seems wiser to wait a bit more, see just how many people actually join what I set up and post in the FF-unite thread. To make this fundraiser actually profitable and helpful, the initiative would have to grow quite a lot and until now, we can't be sure if it will. That aside, people in general aren't really inclined to spend money most of us don't really have a lot of in the first place on causes they can't really relate to (or in this case: on people they don't personally know), so I'm not sure how well the fundraiser idea would work out. I absolutely get your point. If this gets big and people like your idea, I'm totally down for making this happen somehow. For now though, I suggest we keep it in the back of our minds and wait a little at first, see how it all develops. :)

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

infinest
Thanks for joining in! ^^
Hmm...a fundraiser would be a bit tough to organize. Not impossible, but not simple either. It's a great idea, but for now, it seems wiser to wait a bit more, see just how many people actually join what I set up and post in the FF-unite thread. To make this fundraiser actually profitable and helpful, the initiative would have to grow quite a lot and until now, we can't be sure if it will. That aside, people in general aren't really inclined to spend money most of us don't really have a lot of in the first place on causes they can't really relate to (or in this case: on people they don't personally know), so I'm not sure how well the fundraiser idea would work out. I absolutely get your point. If this gets big and people like your idea, I'm totally down for making this happen somehow. For now though, I suggest we keep it in the back of our minds and wait a little at first, see how it all develops. :)

I get what you're saying. I don't really have experience organizing something like that and getting the money to the other side of the world to a person who might not even speak english sounds quite hard.
As you already said it's just an idea to keep in mind for the future but i'd definitely be open to chip something into the pot if something like this would really happen.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Guys! I got a suggestion!

A sudden one maybe, because we've all just gotta stomach the news at first. But how about this: we create a forum here for Ssamba as her fans and just all post something encouraging or nice for her so we help her soldiering on. "Terminal" is a scary word and bad news, but it's not a death sentence! So how about we show her our support? And if she doesn't speak English, maybe some of us, who speak Korean, could translate the posts for us and we post them in Korean so she'll understand. And then we just post that link to her blog and anywhere else we find so it reaches her. C'mon, let's bond together here a little, okay? We're all not doctors, but we can at least do this much. What do you think?

Count me in

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Thought it would be nice to translate Ssambas blog post for you guys. Here you are.

_

Hello. This is Ssamba. 

It really seems like a long time since I last wrote to people through this blog.  

A lot of things happened to me lately. 

I'm not sure where to start or how to begin.. but I will try to be as straight and candid with you. 

A while ago I had a cancer surgery and I am currently waiting for chemotherapy to start. 

I used to think all surgeries are pretty much the same, big or small, but in my case it was a fairly big surgery.  At the moment my conditions are too severe to start chemotherapy. 

With my sincere apology to all of the webtoon readers, I cannot even be certain if I will be able to continue the series. 

The doctors told me my cancer is virtually incurable as it has already spread into the intestine so the future is really uncertain at this time.  

With so much mental and physical stress I am craving many times a day for a couple of cigarettes or even opium injections like count 'Ha Jung Woo' in the movie 'Ahgashi'. 

(I went to see the movie 'Ahgashi' a few days ago. It was ironically interesting to sit among healthy people. I felt like I was in a black comedy. It was a heavy burden on my body but I really needed a theraputic refreshment and I got one. At least that evening I was able to contain my vomitting. ^^) 

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to draw 'Fluttering Feelings' again. 

I am a pretty boring and introverted person. 

It was an unbelievable stroke of luck to start 'Fluttering Feelings'.  

Through this I gained a lot. 

A lot of people liked my webtoon, and thanks to that I was able to meet a lot of great people, which was a lot of fun. It was a really precious experience.  

Only heaven knows what will happen to me. 

This experience is so surreal that I feel that this is all just a dream. 

But the more I thought about it the more pain I felt. 

Since nothing can be guaranteed I am letting go of everything for now. 

All I can say right now is I am sorry that I let my readers down. I am writing this to inform my readers, but also as a way of comforting myself. 

It is my sincere hope that I can reach my readers again even in my current condition.  

This is all that I can think of at the moment. 

I want to finish 'Fluttering Feelings' as well as starting a few more stories that are in my head. 

I am uploading two character drawings. I was going to upload it later on but theres no harm in doing so right now. 

'I can't not draw a Seol-Ah and Norae kiss scene...!'

Yes. This is what I said. 

I am truly sorry but thankful to everyone. 

I will certaintly contact my readers again. Until then, take care! 

joined Aug 18, 2015

Thanks Newp for the translation.

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

This is truly heart breaking to read. Thanks Newp for taking the time to translate this with your busy schedule, you are truly amaZing!! I would love to lift Ssamba's spirits in any way. Her work is very much appreciated and needed. This is a very great community to be a part of, and I want her to experience all the love we have for her here and want nothing more then the best out come for her possible.

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 9:35PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

Thought it would be nice to translate Ssambas blog post for you guys. Here you are.

_

Hello. This is Ssamba. 

It really seems like a long time since I last wrote to people through this blog.  

A lot of things happened to me lately. 

I'm not sure where to start or how to begin.. but I will try to be as straight and candid with you. 

A while ago I had a cancer surgery and I am currently waiting for chemotherapy to start. 

I used to think all surgeries are pretty much the same, big or small, but in my case it was a fairly big surgery.  At the moment my conditions are too severe to start chemotherapy. 

With my sincere apology to all of the webtoon readers, I cannot even be certain if I will be able to continue the series. 

The doctors told me my cancer is virtually incurable as it has already spread into the intestine so the future is really uncertain at this time.  

With so much mental and physical stress I am craving many times a day for a couple of cigarettes or even opium injections like count 'Ha Jung Woo' in the movie 'Ahgashi'. 

(I went to see the movie 'Ahgashi' a few days ago. It was ironically interesting to sit among healthy people. I felt like I was in a black comedy. It was a heavy burden on my body but I really needed a theraputic refreshment and I got one. At least that evening I was able to contain my vomitting. ^^) 

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to draw 'Fluttering Feelings' again. 

I am a pretty boring and introverted person. 

It was an unbelievable stroke of luck to start 'Fluttering Feelings'.  

Through this I gained a lot. 

A lot of people liked my webtoon, and thanks to that I was able to meet a lot of great people, which was a lot of fun. It was a really precious experience.  

Only heaven knows what will happen to me. 

This experience is so surreal that I feel that this is all just a dream. 

But the more I thought about it the more pain I felt. 

Since nothing can be guaranteed I am letting go of everything for now. 

All I can say right now is I am sorry that I let my readers down. I am writing this to inform my readers, but also as a way of comforting myself. 

It is my sincere hope that I can reach my readers again even in my current condition.  

This is all that I can think of at the moment. 

I want to finish 'Fluttering Feelings' as well as starting a few more stories that are in my head. 

I am uploading two character drawings. I was going to upload it later on but theres no harm in doing so right now. 

'I can't not draw a Seol-Ah and Norae kiss scene...!'

Yes. This is what I said. 

I am truly sorry but thankful to everyone. 

I will certaintly contact my readers again. Until then, take care! 

Thank you for translating...

Man, reading this fucking hurts...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thanks Newp for the translation. My heart is breaking all over again ;_;. It feels even worse now since I understand her blog post.

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

I was honestly not expecting this at all... Because of Ssamba and her story, my life actually changed.I am in tears because she is one of my favorite authors...im in shock..so many bad news happening all around me and this hurts. I only wish i could say something to thank her for what she has done. I will be praying for her and her happiness.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

I have so much respect for Ssamba, being able to worry about the fans and the story in her medical condition, I'll pray for the best for her. Her story has become one of my favorites, and I just honestly hope she is well. Thank you all you've done Ssamba.

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 11:08PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Update

Urgh, trust fate to keep tripping me whenever I want to do something. -.- I'm not making much progress over here. Someone suggested yuriscans as a place where English-Korean translators could be found, so while my hopes aren't too high, I'll check with them later. I'm also in the process of signing up at tumblr to go find Halmoni, but that's all I got until now. Hours of browsing the web and trying different chatrooms everywhere have unfortunately left me with nothing but the knowledge, that there are a whole bunch of online translating systems for English-Korean, which are as bad as or even worse than the Google Translator. -.- Anyway. Not giving up! I'm gonna find someone somewhere. I've learned tracking traces in a forest when I was a kid! The web isn't much different, right? Right! (o.o)/

But for real, what about you? Is anyone else making some sort of progress on the matter?

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 2:00PM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Tell me this is a joke... I don't want to believe...

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

Ah, the thread that started me off lurking here. Very sorry to hear about Ssamba's cancer. Very glad to have spent so many Sundays enjoying a quiet read to start off my week. Thanks and take care, Ssamba.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Okay, so I found Halmoni on tumblr, but the wi-fi in this place sucks so much that my browser crashes every time before it even finished loading the site and then I just get this stupid "site not available" notice. -.- In other words: I can't sign up to ask her. And I don't wanna lose more time, so

I'M GONNA HAVE TO LEAVE THIS TO ONE OF YOU GUYS!

Here: http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/

Somebody, please go and ask her if she can help us out with this. And if she's got any questions, just tell her she can find me here. bows I'd appreciate it!

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 3:28PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Is there really not a way to find out if Ssamba could understand english or not? If s/he could, then finding translators is not needed anymore.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

She knows Fluttering Feelings is popular all over the world, so she's aware she has fans all over the world and English is the standard language used for communication in the world. If she makes a blog post for her fans, which isn't in English, I think it's pretty safe to assume she doesn't understand English. At least most certainly not enough to understand what we want to tell her. I might be wrong, but for now I'm going with what seems the most logical.

To reply you must either login or sign up.