Forum › Cuddle Me More discussion

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Another Kyouko x Sayaka involving animal ears/tail? lol am I missing something obvious?
Anyway jelly Kyouko is awesome but if Sayaka grows something in class it could be dangerous.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

its a great feeling waking up and seeing two new kyouko x sayaka doujins

joined Sep 15, 2014

KyouSaya is awesome! I love it when I get to see these to be happy together. But I want some more tsundere KyouSaya! It's so cute and funny when their fighting and arguing and loving each other all at the same time~

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

eh........this was ok but some of it felt forced just cus yuri

joined Apr 14, 2013

Get married soon XD

joined Sep 24, 2014

sorry, but i read the artist doesnt like her doujin get uploaded. she even post about it in her blog (can't give the link, the post detect it as spam)
i know it's internet tough...

joined Aug 11, 2014

Cute, but it felt kind of aimless when it brings up Sayaka's unresolved feelings towards Kyousuke for the sole purpose of inciting Kyouko's jealousy, and then drops it without another word. Even then, it's not clear if Sayaka resolves to pay more attention to Kyouko from now on, or if Kyouko accepts that Sayaka is still going to think about Kyousuke sometimes, or anything. It's not bad, it just feels unsatisfying like this.

joined Sep 24, 2014

uh.. how to give some link without getting detected as spam....

gleichan(dot)blog138(dot)fc2(dot)com/blog-entry-47.html

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

That blog post is pretty silly. Because pirating is an exclusively western concept. Nobody from Asia would eeeeeeeeeeeeever do something like that. Also, if they refuse to sell to the west, why would anyone in the west feel bad about reading it online? And if they really need to turn a profit off their doujinshi, isn't refusing to sell to an entire hemisphere out of spite towards one person pretty much the stupidest business move ever?

last edited at Sep 24, 2014 10:18AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

That blog post is pretty funny/ridiculous. Because pirating is an exclusively western concept. Nobody from Asia would eeeeeeeeeeeeever do something like that. Also, if they refuse to sell to the west, why would anyone in the west feel bad about reading it online? And if they really need to turn a profit off their doujinshi, isn't refusing to sell to an entire hemisphere out of spite towards one person pretty much the stupidest business move ever?

Well, I agree that the reasoning is somewhat flawed, but - bottom line, author doesn't want their doujins to be published online.
Since this reader is very respectful of the wishes of authors and scanlators, I guess we'll see those works removed when moderators take notice. Unless the permission is actually obtained, which could happen too.

last edited at Sep 24, 2014 10:10AM

Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

eh........this was ok but some of it felt forced just cus yuri

To the actual doujin, I didn't think the romance was forced (as far as 25 page doujin's go), but the sex seemed really out of place. I like you -> sex in like thirty seconds. .-.

Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Well, I agree that the reasoning is somewhat flawed, but - bottom line, author doesn't want their doujins to be published online.
Since this reader is very respectful of the wishes of authors and scanlators, I guess we'll see those works removed when moderators take notice. Unless the permission is actually obtained, which could happen too.

Yeah, I wasn't commenting on what the moderators should do about it, I just think the mangaka's reasoning is more than a little loopy.

last edited at Sep 24, 2014 10:17AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That blog post is pretty funny/ridiculous. Because pirating is an exclusively western concept. Nobody from Asia would eeeeeeeeeeeeever do something like that. Also, if they refuse to sell to the west, why would anyone in the west feel bad about reading it online? And if they really need to turn a profit off their doujinshi, isn't refusing to sell to an entire hemisphere out of spite towards one person pretty much the stupidest business move ever?

Yeah, if that particular author has stated they don't want their stuff posted, we shouldn't be posting it. Doesn't matter if their reasons are good or bad.

joined Sep 24, 2014

Aside from the personal request by the artist, this work is licensed for distribution to western markets by DoujinPress. This licensing agreement is exclusive and includes all past, present and future works of Blue Muffin. Please support this artist by buying her works when they are made available for order later this year. A request has been made to Casusby for the removal of this work.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So it comes down to the wishes of the artist versus the wishes of the rights-holder?

Generally speaking, on a site like this I'd side with the artist, even if it means less goodies for me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This licensing agreement is exclusive and includes all past, present and future works of Blue Muffin.

All future works too? That's a terrible agreement on the part of the artist.

joined Sep 24, 2014

So it comes down to the wishes of the artist versus the wishes of the rights-holder?

I appreciate your consideration for the artist. Both Blue Muffin (aka Tropical Puff) and DoujinPress are together in this and we are taking the same position on this matter. DoujinPress is working with the artist to protect her interests. The artist contacted DoujinPress asking for us to support her wishes and have her works removed from the places it was uploaded to. There is no versus. DoujinPress has been working with Blue Muffin circle for quite some time and with regards to Blue Muffin's works, DoujinPress has an agreement with the artist to distribute them in the Western marketplace.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Aside from the personal request by the artist, this work is licensed for distribution to western markets by DoujinPress. This licensing agreement is exclusive and includes all past, present and future works of Blue Muffin. Please support this artist by buying her works when they are made available for order later this year. A request has been made to Casusby for the removal of this work.

The doujin has been removed. My apologies for any inconvenience.

joined Sep 24, 2014

All future works too? That's a terrible agreement on the part of the artist.

It is at the artist's discretion to license with DoujinPress on a work by work basis as spelled out in our agreement with Blue Muffin, and DoujinPress is bound to protect our mutual interests for all works submitted to DoujinPress. At this time Blue Muffin has indicated she wishes to license all past and current works, as well as her next upcoming work with DoujinPress.

DoujinPress does not rope artists into bad agreements. Should Blue Muffin choose to not submit a future work to DoujinPress, it will not be licensed.

joined Sep 24, 2014

The doujin has been removed. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Both I and the artist sincerely appreciate this! Thank you! ~ Kira

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ugh that sucks every time I hear/read we'll get it to the west pretty much means lol Rye you fool you thought you could enjoy good things? well sucks to be you get some money and move to a better country! why isn't everything international?! pokemon did it! end of rant

Either way not much we can do about this case the artist is upset its fair I guess.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The author is really lucky that japanese authors see with good eyes the doujin industry to hold that opinion, western authors would be more than glad to sue for copyright infringement the moment she would try to actively sell her works.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

At this time Blue Muffin has indicated she wishes to license all past and current works, as well as her next upcoming work with DoujinPress.

Wait, how does that work when the character likenesses themselves are licensed to Aniplex? Have I missed a major nuance in US copyright law or does that mean you're legally incapable of releasing this doujin legitimately? I mean, I'm really glad that your relationship with artists is mutually beneficial and amicable, but that's a super bummer for normal people.

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 6:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.