Forum › Posts by doujinpress

doujinpress
joined Sep 24, 2014

The doujin has been removed. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Both I and the artist sincerely appreciate this! Thank you! ~ Kira

doujinpress
joined Sep 24, 2014

All future works too? That's a terrible agreement on the part of the artist.

It is at the artist's discretion to license with DoujinPress on a work by work basis as spelled out in our agreement with Blue Muffin, and DoujinPress is bound to protect our mutual interests for all works submitted to DoujinPress. At this time Blue Muffin has indicated she wishes to license all past and current works, as well as her next upcoming work with DoujinPress.

DoujinPress does not rope artists into bad agreements. Should Blue Muffin choose to not submit a future work to DoujinPress, it will not be licensed.

doujinpress
joined Sep 24, 2014

So it comes down to the wishes of the artist versus the wishes of the rights-holder?

I appreciate your consideration for the artist. Both Blue Muffin (aka Tropical Puff) and DoujinPress are together in this and we are taking the same position on this matter. DoujinPress is working with the artist to protect her interests. The artist contacted DoujinPress asking for us to support her wishes and have her works removed from the places it was uploaded to. There is no versus. DoujinPress has been working with Blue Muffin circle for quite some time and with regards to Blue Muffin's works, DoujinPress has an agreement with the artist to distribute them in the Western marketplace.

doujinpress
joined Sep 24, 2014

Aside from the personal request by the artist, this work is licensed for distribution to western markets by DoujinPress. This licensing agreement is exclusive and includes all past, present and future works of Blue Muffin. Please support this artist by buying her works when they are made available for order later this year. A request has been made to Casusby for the removal of this work.

doujinpress
joined Sep 24, 2014

Aside from the personal request by the artist, this work is licensed for distribution to western markets by DoujinPress. This licensing agreement is exclusive and includes all past, present and future works of Blue Muffin. Please support this artist by buying her works when they are made available for order later this year. A request has been made to Casusby for the removal of this work.