Forum › Posts by Stella Itzelle

Stella Itzelle
Anime season 08 Mar 15:22
joined Oct 29, 2023

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

This whole business about having to pay an indemnity for adultery is a farce and an open door for all sorts of scams. Kon is absolutely right.

Say you and your wife are shitty people and in need of money. How to make a quick buck? Easy! Send your wife to a bar and have her seduce some poor sod and sleep with him. After that, reveal that she's married, tell him you're the husband, threaten him with a lawsuit and demand settlement money. Rinse and repeat.

No wonder Kon's first thought when she heard Ai's story was that she was the victim of a fraud!

This. Kon clearly isn't as slow as they say. The deal is seriously shady.

Except that, as another poster said before, cgdct is not the same as realistic happy romance.

Cgdct is more akin to those children's books with baby animals who act as stand-ins for humans. Whether you read the adventures of a podgy bear and his woodland-based chums, or a cheerful moeblob and her school-based chums, the effect is expected to be the same.

And I gotta say that I've never heard anyone claim, never ever, that the stories of Winnie the Pooh are an example of realistic literature.

Some people got a bit mixed up here, I think, trying to describe cgdct as stories of happy romance in a realistic world - and even bringing up quotes from U. K. Le Guin to sustain it. Wrong genre altogether, lmao.

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 2:56PM

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

DON'T END THE CHAPTER AT SUCH A DRAMATIC POINT AAAARGHH

My feelings, so well portrayed.

Don't stop the tale right when the evil and repulsive Enna is about to be stomped into the ground by our fair heroines! We need our catharsis!!

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

The little leaves on both of their heads... priceless.

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

I wasn't sure about reading this one because no tags. I usually don't read stories without the yuri tag.

Then I saw it was a Sappho Scans release. Everything OK. :)

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

I have a question for people who see Aya as "on the paper" 21 years old.
Would you approve if Koto and Aya move their relationship to the next level (have sex few chapters from now on?)

Well yeah. No arguments, I just like age gap yuri. Even better if one of the girls is a loli or a teen. Long live Itou Hachi!

joined Oct 29, 2023

Also, this situation is reminding me couples that had family's stop their partners from seeing them when they get hospitalised.

Yes, it's exactly that. In places where gay marriage is not legal, your gay partner has absolutely no right or power to decide anything if you get hospitalised. Even a simple visit may not be allowed. It's the biological family who will be called by the hospital and asked to make the decisions. This situation rn with Makino finding her mom next to her bed, while Mashiro is notoriously absent, illustrates the problem quite well.

Also still wondering what Makino's dad thinks of all this, like is even allowed to have thoughts on this?

We have seen him before. He's even worse than Toxic Mom.

Stella Itzelle
Love Bullet discussion 01 Dec 11:48
joined Oct 29, 2023

Kanna x Koharu ♥ ♥ ♥

joined Oct 29, 2023

It's easier to tell with some artists like Odoroo Dorothy because she draws in classic shoujo manga style with finer and lighter lines, and super slender girls with enormous eyes, and frills and ribbons and shiny sparkly things. In the notes for Aizawa-san vol2 she even wrote that maybe she had gone overboard with the cuteness in the cover!

It's more difficult to tell with others like Flowerchild who draws things like A Face You Shouldn't Show or It's a Detached Relationship... lmao you really wonder who are the readers she's aiming to!