Forum › Online Reader Suggestions for Improvement

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Well the search can handle searching for either variant of a pairing tag, but searching it this time did show me that they needed to be merged and so now it's "Natsuki x Shizuru" as the "official" variant but you should find the tag even if you search "Shizuru x Natsuki".
If anyone finds more of these or similar instances then feel free to notify us in any way.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm sick of the totally original and not a bit cliched school life mangas and I'm currently looking for some realistic yuri series, (but I'll take oneshots too). Note: I've read all mangas from this list and a few more. It doesn't have to be a second Octave, but it'd be nice if it had an actual story, unlike Plica.
So, do you have any recommendations?

Note: I tried to make a new thread, but apparently, my request was "invalid" and I was supposed to contact the admin. I didn't find a way to contact him directly, so I'll just post it here.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Note: I tried to make a new thread, but apparently, my request was "invalid"

That is fixed now.

last edited at Feb 8, 2013 4:35PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

For now, do not request series/chapters/groups for upload until the new suggestion system comes in place for it please. so if new ideas/discoveries pop in that you want to see on the reader, keep it on a reminder for later :D
Not that we don't want you requesting it, just trying to keep this topic a bit more organized.

are you still accepting new suggestions?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

are you still accepting new suggestions?

You can submit suggestions to http://dynasty-scans.com/requests

Photo3
joined Mar 1, 2012

Hi, the one shots that were at the bottom of the main page or when you chose the yuri tags, can you bring those back? I had a lot of favorites. :)

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I have readded a button to "download page" in the top right toolbar. It seems that feature was used a lot more often then I initially thought.

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

If I choose a series and click on the next chapter, it will forwarded me to another chapter from a different series. it it possible to fix this so if I click on the next chapter of a series it will forward me to next chapter of the same series. Thanks.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Please provide more specific information as to how you obtained that error, such as the series title, chapter number, and browser. I'm going on to next chapters just fine in the series I'm browsing when clicking on the next chapter.

last edited at Feb 11, 2013 1:19AM

joined Feb 11, 2013

Just wondering if you guys are planning to put up a random chapter button like the old reader so it can quickly go through random chapters and direct to the page

MrEngenious Admin
joined Feb 11, 2013

Lol thanks

joined Jan 30, 2013

Not a fan of the hidden search bar. It's not a big thing and I could be the minority here but I just think the search bar at the very least should still be openly visible not hidden in a drop down menu.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The search bar in the navbar? The navbar that's on every page on the reader? I can't say I'm seeing a forced drop down on that search bar.

Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

Hi

Throwing a suggestion (maybe it was suggested earlier so sorry for spam :P) - in the "Directory > Series" page (and on the author page, can't think of other where it would be useful) maybe you could add some way to filter the series by their current status - Completed/Ongoing/etc (in whatever way like filter by js code, or by font-size: completed - bold, ongoing normal, etc)?

This is probably the only thing that annoys me when I'm searching new stuff to read (mostly when I find something to read and then I see the status "ongoing" with the last update like 2007/8/9 or "canceled").

joined Jan 30, 2013

seconded

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

One of the things i sort of long for now and then, would be a "Oneshot" tag, for individual one chapter stories in magazines and anthologies which aren't part of a continuing narrative, in any way shape or form. Since there are quite a lot more stand-alone stories that the Oneshot category (under anthologies) encompassess.

I don't really think this is a good idea. There are just too many one shot chapters (1187 atm) for this to be really useful. What I am thinking of doing is adding a "one shots" tab to the view tag page, which will show chapters with that tag but not a part of a series.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Throwing a suggestion (maybe it was suggested earlier so sorry for spam :P) - in the "Directory > Series" page (and on the author page, can't think of other where it would be useful) maybe you could add some way to filter the series by their current status - Completed/Ongoing/etc (in whatever way like filter by js code, or by font-size: completed - bold, ongoing normal, etc)?

I do plan to add filtering / more view options to the directory page.

joined Feb 12, 2013

you should add some more feature like direct download from recently added and form group it would be big help and time saving ....
and also id or password retrieving option cause i made id and forgot and can't retrieve so had to made new one so please add this features...
thanks.. in advance ... ^_~

joined Jan 31, 2013

Hello, I don't know where to ask this (I tried the upload request, but I don't have any lins): it's about the Nijipuri series, Nirpan finished it, but they don't have a site...are you planning of adding the rest of the series, or is it not possible ?

Thanks in advance

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

How is chapter linking (as in, where you go when you click "Next Ch.") handled? I just noticed that chapter 1 of I Want to Be Honest leads to chapter 4 of I Fell in Love for the First Time, because they're both from the Girl Sanctuary anthology. Obviously, it should lead to chapter 2 of I Want to Be Honest.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_be_honest_ch01
leads to
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_fell_in_love_for_the_first_time_ch04
because of how they are ordered in
http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/girls_sanctuary

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

How is chapter linking (as in, where you go when you click "Next Ch.") handled? I just noticed that chapter 1 of I Want to Be Honest leads to chapter 4 of I Fell in Love for the First Time, because they're both from the Girl Sanctuary anthology. Obviously, it should lead to chapter 2 of I Want to Be Honest.

You can switch which one next chapter should go to with the dropdown in the top right. Though it probably should always default to series.

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

You can switch which one next chapter should go to with the dropdown in the top right. Though it probably should always default to series.

Ah, I never even noticed that. Thanks. Also,

I have readded a button to "download page" in the top right toolbar. It seems that feature was used a lot more often then I initially thought.

This is great, but do you think it could open the page in a new tab? IIRC the old option just had it start the download (save as dialog). This is better, since it allows you to just copy the image for quick porting elsewhere, but it would be nice if it didn't make you leave the reader page.

Edit: Turns out, unlike many buttons on the Internet, Ctrl+click works for opening in a new tab. So no need to make a change there I suppose.

last edited at Feb 12, 2013 7:35PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Most browsers also allow using the middle mouse button

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Suggestion about forum more than reader.
Please make "remove avatar" button.

To reply you must either login or sign up.