Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

Whiterose
joined Apr 5, 2024

This reminds me of "Anemone heart" from the Umi/Kotori duo single,
I have no idea why.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Why the sudden appearance of a new admirer character when we know Nagisa and Mashiro will never break up?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Why the sudden appearance of a new admirer character when we know Nagisa and Mashiro will never break up?

You know Superman is going to defeat Mxyzptlk, but the story of how can still be fun.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's fun because you know there's no real threat. That's the point of it, normally. As long as people understand that, than it's just a "cute situation," that you can read casually, watching as it forces our main two into funny situations. The acceptance of that dynamic might be different for different audiences, I guess. Personally, I just want there to be variety, since normally the in-between stuff plays out the same. The idea of it is fine though.

last edited at Apr 25, 2024 7:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oooooo an interloper! Okay, prediction time:

I'm guessinggggg, she's someone from the same middle school as Nagisa who admired her for being the serious model student and stuff. But now Nagisa looks all flashy, so the First year thinks it's Mashiro's bad influence leading Nagisa astray and tries to "pull her back to the right path". Or smth along those lines~

Not even just her looking flashy, but also not making it into her chosen much higher ranked school. Amusingly enough, technically Mashiro actually is the cause for this, but certainly not in the way new girl thinks.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Took this long for a yuri manga to introduce a “love rival,” we should be proud of that lol

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The flashbacks reminded me of Mashiro's illness. What ... happened to that? Like, I don't need death flags or hospital visits or anything, just some indication that she's still a somewhat sickly person instead of being like "she had a bit of time off school and now she's in perfect health and we'll never speak of this again".

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

The flashbacks reminded me of Mashiro's illness. What ... happened to that? Like, I don't need death flags or hospital visits or anything, just some indication that she's still a somewhat sickly person instead of being like "she had a bit of time off school and now she's in perfect health and we'll never speak of this again".

During the chapter when Nagisa had the flu, Mashiro was prevented from even a quick sick visit because of the risk of her catching it with her condition. She's also been shown to have separate PE lessons, where she does more low-impact activities, presumably as part of some doctor-prescribed physical therapy routine.

I'll grant it's not much, but at least it's something, lol. Her condition has always been kind of vague and ill defined.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I think it was mentioned that her condition has improved since Nagisa has started helping her. She still needs to take extra precautions, but she’s capable of doing regular things without randomly fainting. Her condition has definitely been pushed pretty far into the background though, and it didn’t help that Mashiro has not been the focus of the story for the past couple volumes.

last edited at Apr 25, 2024 2:53PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Hopefully with the appearance of a love rival, the plot will be pushed to a climax and will help this manga be adapted into an anime. This series was not even nominated in the "Manga We Want To See Animated Ranking 2024" vote last time.
By the way, where did everyone nominate the manga series for that vote? I heard that in December there is a round for people to nominate manga series to be included in the voting list, so I wanted to ask in advance to nominate this series next year.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

She's anemic. They basically outlined it before. It's not really a 'you die' condition but it does make her weaker than most

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

lol honestly considering also how horny mashiro has been lately i also thought she was making a pass at her. overall, super cute though and feels like its to parallel them helping the new girl find a girlfriend. this manga always cuts through the drama quick so i doubt itll get elongated since nagisa is a straight cutter.

joined Aug 29, 2023

Aaaaaaand we're back to the regularly scheduled NagiMashi (or is it MashiNagi...?) sweetness.

Wonder what kinds of hijinks will ensue now!

To reply you must either login or sign up.