Forum › Alter Suite discussion

Queen Kazama
Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Nice lil dynamic they got goin on. Cute

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Jeane Alter's soul is a stand?

joined Aug 16, 2015

Yeah, I really wanted to fix it, but she says it like that in official material, so decided to leave it as it is.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

The dog looked fine to me O:

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yeah good and all but in reality, they won't mind adding Shirou in the mix.

So any Fate yuri is a fail

Inb4 triggered DrPepperFan and his 'male hating in a yuri server' habit

last edited at May 6, 2018 2:53AM

Salamandrake
joined Sep 11, 2014

Tsunderes are the best.

Ghost Shogun
Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

@Best Mangaka Rohan
There's no Shirou in FGO though...
Plus, I don't think Jalter and Shirou ever existed in the same universe...
Also, Salter =/= Saber...
Stuff, stuff, bad civilization...
I won't tell you to stop thinking that everything in the Fate franchise is hetero, but you should.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

There is the male inferior version of Gudako who everyone except the anime ignores...

This was cute and tsun. Fate pretty much has the same ton of ship options like Touhou, I just don't see that many yuri doujins.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The sex was cute and loving, I adored it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ryu-chii posted:

"La grondement du haine" ? If it's french , it should be 'Le grondement de la haine".

Japanese came up with this name and as it is usually with them and trying to say stuff in foreign language, they fucked it up.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Say who is Saber Alter, I know Saber but its hard to tell who are the Saber when they are when they look like Saber?

Just checking who main Shirou pairing and why does he is so popular?

joined May 23, 2015

But he only appears in his Archer form, not his protagonist form, and those two aren't exactly the same character.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Reirin posted:

Say who is Saber Alter, I know Saber but its hard to tell who are the Saber when they are when they look like Saber?

I don't know all the details, but in short she is just Seiba, but turned evil, so she has a personality of villain in anime. And then came FGO and made shitload of Seibas variations and other alter versions...

So you have:
Saber
Saber Lily
Saber Alter
Saber Alter Santa
Saber Lancer
Saber Lancer Alter
Saber Archer
Saber Alter Rider
Saber Assassin
Saber Berserker

Yes, it got really ridiculous and out of hand. Good luck tagging all of that.

Also way to tell apart Seiba from Seiba Alter, is that Seiba Alter doesn't have her ahoge. Cutting it off is how she turns into her dark version. Well from what I understand there is a actual in game explanation for her darker version, but later games etc. started to play with it as a joke and removing her ahoge will changed her into her dark version. Not sure how she lost it originally though.

Also, last 2 on the list are technically "Mysterious Heroine X" and "Mysterious Heroine X Alter", because they are totally not Seiba. Nobody would thought that...

Just checking who main Shirou pairing and why does he is so popular?

Because he was main protagonist of the first game that kick-started everything. He has 3 possible routes, with Tousaka, Seiba and Sakura, but I guess Seiba is the most popular and kinda canon? (don't quote me on that)

GeneralJ posted:

Actually there is Shirou in FGO, but yeah, I with you in the rest.

Well, he technically exist in their universe, but died along with incineration of the whole world. Small details.

You can summon him as a Archer, so that would be only version you can interact with it, but in the first place Rohan is overreacting and doing his usual thing, so I wouldn't take his post that seriously. He gets mad by everything.

last edited at May 6, 2018 9:09AM

joined Apr 14, 2018

aah... Saber. my darling Saber. even her alter version only made her hotter, lol.
btw anyone know what is this Shinjuku thingy with Jalter and Salter?

__gertrud_barkhorn_world_witches_series_and_etc_drawn_by_amakawa_ginga__970ec8089e5295274b5d2dc3d38d2725
joined Oct 21, 2015

Jalter and Salter are a pairing I've liked for a very long time, I's so happy to finally see this get a translation!

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The dog looked fine to me O:

Ikr, I was like damn that's well done.

"More importantly, let's go get some burgers."
My motto

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

nate_kruger posted:

btw anyone know what is this Shinjuku thingy with Jalter and Salter?

Well apparently they both are featured in story chapter in Shinjuku and they are pretty much made a canon paring there. I'll tell you details once we will get it in NA version next year ;v (or you can read about in online).

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Does Saber Alter really have a huge butt like Jalter says in this comic?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alter_suite#10

last edited at May 6, 2018 10:03AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MarqFJA87 posted:

... Does Saber Alter really have a huge butt like Jalter says in this comic?

Nobody who checked, lived to tell the tale.

joined May 6, 2018

Saber Alter is originally from Heaven's Feel route of the Fate/stay Night VN. In that route Saber is corrupted by the Grail, and becomes an enemy for shirou to overcome.
Like here we see her take on Berserker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH76tk9-wE0

Here's a bad end(or just end) from the route:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmECWz-8MI&t=

last edited at May 6, 2018 10:31AM

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Reirin posted:

I don't know all the details, but in short she is just Seiba, but turned evil, so she has a personality of villain in anime. And then came FGO and made shitload of Seibas variations and other alter versions...

So you have:
Saber
Saber Lily
Saber Alter
Saber Alter Santa
Saber Lancer
Saber Lancer Alter
Saber Archer
Saber Alter Rider
Saber Assassin
Saber Berserker

Yes, it got really ridiculous and out of hand. Good luck tagging all of that.

Also way to tell apart Seiba from Seiba Alter, is that Seiba Alter doesn't have her ahoge. Cutting it off is how she turns into her dark version. Well from what I understand there is a actual in game explanation for her darker version, but later games etc. started to play with it as a joke and removing her ahoge will changed her into her dark version. Not sure how she lost it originally though.

Also, last 2 on the list are technically "Mysterious Heroine X" and "Mysterious Heroine X Alter", because they are totally not Seiba. Nobody would thought that...

Don't forget Saber Extra. Even if she isn't the same person, the fact that she's still called "Saber" only serves to further confuse newcomers...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

GeneralJ posted:

I was actually referring to Muramasa (only available on JP for now):

Because I don't actually consider Emiya and Shirou as the same person (even though they technically are). But fair enough, the same can be said for Muramasa and Ishtar (because OF COURSE the goddess of love would use Rin's body)

Oh. I didn't know he become vessel for servant in JP already. Since I don't bother to check it, my friend always tell me about news for JP, so I guess he didn't see it yet xD But yea, I agree. I don't consider Shirou and Archer the same people, but they technically are. In fact I despite Shirou and love Archer. Their personality (and Archer looking way more cooler) is all the difference.

Parnifia the Bastard posted:

Don't forget Saber Extra. Even if she isn't the same person, the fact that she's still called "Saber" only serves to further confuse newcomers...

That is actually whole other can of worms. I was talking strictly only about different versions of Artoria Pendragon (majority that comes from FGO). The whole usage of class names used to make perfect sense, but now with the amount of games etc. it got so convoluted, even image sites like boorus stopped using their "titles" and finally switched to just their names, since it is just much easier. So short history lesson on the subject:

Originally you got 1 Fate game, Fate/Stay Night portraying a Holy Grail War between 7 mages called Masters. Every one of them uses the power of Grail to summon a Servant, someone from history, myths or legends (which means, it is mostly heroes from myths and legends), who fit the criteria of becoming a Heroic Spirit. Winner of the war gets to make wish upon a holy grail, all that good stuff. So because you are using "existing" people, everyone who knows about their story, will know about their abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Basically knowledge is power.

There is 7 classes servants can be summoned in and you get to summon only one of each during 1 grail. So you got Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin and Berserker. So because reveling your servant's true name will give your enemy big advantage, you try to refer to them by their class instead. The same goes for servants battling each other. From the lack of names, they usually end up simply calling each other by their class. Sure knowing class is also important, but it isn't nearly as important as knowing your opponent legend and what they are capable of, so it is a small trade off. Identities of all the servants are left mysterious at the beginning. Learning who they are through the story is also part of the game. So that means outside of the game people usually used class as well in order to avoid spoiling it for other people. Because of that the original 7 servants basically become know by their classes. Especially Seiba (Saber), which I don't think is ever properly called by her name (though I only watched first shitty anime adaptation and never played game) and Archer, in whose (?) case calling him like that is especially helpful, since he is Shirou from the future, so you usually would end up adding Archer to his name anyway. The point is, originally calling them by their classes names made sense and was easy, because you only got 7 servants.

But then you got Fate/Extra, adding new Red Saber or Saber Extra along with one more new Saber, as well as Archer, 2 Casters, Lancer, 2 Berserkers, Rider and Assassin. So they are all Extra, servants. And of course you got sequels Fate/Extra CCC and Fate/Extella which again add even more servants.

Then you got Fate/Zero introducing next 6 new servants (since they reuse Seiba)

Then you get freaking Fate/Apocrypha that introduce next 2 sets of 7 classes with 2 Ruler classes on top of it. They are divided in 2 groups named Red group and Black group, so depending on which side given servant is they are called "Saber of Black" or "Saber of Red" (to not confuse with Red Saber aka Saber Extra).

And that is probably not all. I'm sure I'm missing some other games, visual novels etc.

And then you get Fate/Grand Order that not only tries to allow you to summon all of servants mentioned above on top of that they add at least 50+ new servants to it.

So yea, protecting being spoiled is important, but at this point I'd say trying to stick to that convoluted mess while doing it is just not worth it. And as Parnifia the Bastard, for someone new, understanding all of this is pretty much impossible. I have hard time tracking all of this and I'm somewhat fan of a franchise. So if you want to have easier time in understanding it and have character tagged with their actual names, go and pester Drpepperfan about changing them.

13124839_1589396498054389_6595928075628769960_n
joined Nov 14, 2016

I need my Jeanne x Jalter fix, but this will do

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Please hear our pleas, oh mighty Dynasty overlords, and put the servant's true names in the pairing tags.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Gladly my protagonist had both so this history can be canon in her Cheldea.

To reply you must either login or sign up.