death by cuteness

Death was multiplied...

Please help too much sweetness!! <3

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

oh, fuck yeah.
This is adorable. Painfully adorable.

joined Aug 22, 2016

The "disease" comment is really bothersome.

joined Mar 17, 2017

POMF!!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Does those pigeons represent yuri fans? Lololololol

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

And since Muppo is Stan Miller, then the seeds are Mochi Au Lait's doujins/series.
It all makes sense now!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The teacher at least meant it in terms of 'love sickness'.

joined Aug 22, 2016

The teacher at least meant it in terms of 'love sickness'.

Something may be lost in translation and I wouldn't expect it from Mochi, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Prior to Sensei saying "...you have the same disease I do", the girl says "this must be how boys normally feel... I'm weird right? I wonder if I'm sick?"

Boys normally have love sickness or is it that boys "normally" like girls? The girl isn't questioning herself for being in love, but for reacting to another female the way a boy "normally" would.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 8:12PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yes I KNOW the GIRL is asking if loving another girl makes her sick - she still isn't sure if sensei returns her love or how she sees it - and in a society that generally looks down on same sex love it's understandable.

But that doesn't mean Sensei means it the same way - she is saying 'I have the same sickness you do' - i.e love sickness. And that that is the 'sickness' you (the girl) has too - but not that they are sick in a bad sense.

And she might even think it makes them both wierd - but it DOESN't mean she thinks it's a disease beyond in the 'love sickness' sense.

As for wouldn't expect it of Mochi - I don't think that follows really. It would be like saying the author of a book dealing with racial issues, say, to kill a mocking bird or 12 Years a Slave etc is racist for all the vile racist views and language they must use for the people in it who think that way - when ofcourse you can't possibly write them without that.

In this case, if as a product of their environment and upbringing the characters wonder if they are 'sick' for liking girls, then that is just the author being accurate to how a lot of people think there. NOT their beliefs.

I know Mochi's stories haven't had that, but her stories are mostly more light and comedic, and also maybe wanting to express yuri more positively etc.

But that doesn't mean if Mochi wants to do more serious stuff and has SOME characters express those sorts of realistic (for lots in Japan) ideas, that Mochi is being suddenly being negative about yuri relationships or anything.

Mochi can also have lots of very positive or 'don't give a shit what people think' type characters, or a mochi-verse like her incest stories where nobody has a problem with yuri or incest, but if in more serious stories she also has some who express those kinda ingrained societal doubts, I think that is ok.

Err, that was kinda long and I'm not sure I conveyed what I meant well, but I will leave it there lol.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 9:12PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

f course, I already saw a disagreeing one).

We always do. There's always one. :)

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

And since Muppo is Stan Miller, then the seeds are Mochi Au Lait's doujins/series.
It all makes sense now!

Exactly! Even Mochi translators are troll!

joined Aug 22, 2016

^Yes I KNOW the GIRL is asking if loving another girl makes her sick - she still isn't sure if sensei returns her love or how she sees it - and in a society that generally looks down on same sex love it's understandable.

But that doesn't mean Sensei means it the same way - she is saying 'I have the same sickness you do' - i.e love sickness. And that that is the 'sickness' you (the girl) has too - but not that they are sick in a bad sense.

And she might even think it makes them both wierd - but it DOESN't mean she thinks it's a disease beyond in the 'love sickness' sense.

As for wouldn't expect it of Mochi - I don't think that follows really. It would be like saying the author of a book dealing with racial issues, say, to kill a mocking bird or 12 Years a Slave etc is racist for all the vile racist views and language they must use for the people in it who think that way - when ofcourse you can't possibly write them without that.

In this case, if as a product of their environment and upbringing the characters wonder if they are 'sick' for liking girls, then that is just the author being accurate to how a lot of people think there. NOT their beliefs.

I know Mochi's stories haven't had that, but her stories are mostly more light and comedic, and also maybe wanting to express yuri more positively etc.

But that doesn't mean if Mochi wants to do more serious stuff and has SOME characters express those sorts of realistic (for lots in Japan) ideas, that Mochi is being suddenly being negative about yuri relationships or anything.

Mochi can also have lots of very positive or 'don't give a shit what people think' type characters, or a mochi-verse like her incest stories where nobody has a problem with yuri or incest, but if in more serious stories she also has some who express those kinda ingrained societal doubts, I think that is ok.

Err, that was kinda long and I'm not sure I conveyed what I meant well, but I will leave it there lol.

I wasn't questioning Mochi's ability to write, saying she couldn't write serious things, or that she can't use certain content that correctly reflects the human condition and larger society. I didn't expect Mochi to have the "disease" opinion and I still don't which is why I'm questioning this a little given the content and am seeking feedback. I have no issue with a wide variety of content itself no matter how nasty it may be. How it is used and the message it sends is what matters.

It also isn't surprising that a young girl would question her feelings given how society is as that part makes perfect sense. The only thing I'm questioning is Sensei's use of disease. I just don't see the love sickness part and it felt to me as if Sensei was confirming what the girl was feeling.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 11:16PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wasn't questioning Mochi's ability to write, saying she couldn't write serious things, or that she can't use certain content that correctly reflects the human condition and larger society. I didn't expect Mochi to have the "disease" opinion and I still don't which is why I'm questioning this a little given the content and am seeking feedback. I have no issue with a wide variety of content itself no matter how nasty it may be. How it is used and the message it sends is what matters.

A very basic thing to understand is that just because a character says something, the writer doesn't necessarily believe it. Given her works so far, I very much doubt she personally holds the "disease" opinion, having never once mentioned it outside this work. More likely she thought it was clever dialogue and liked how the interaction played out, based on something that some people do think.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

THX i already had sugar problems

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

about that disease thing, i seriously doubt they meant "sick" as in "disgusting" but actually physiologically "sick" as in "a fever." kinda like how people always end up confessing in manga when they have a fever.

joined Aug 22, 2016

A very basic thing to understand is that just because a character says something, the writer doesn't necessarily believe it. Given her works so far, I very much doubt she personally holds the "disease" opinion, having never once mentioned it outside this work. More likely she thought it was clever dialogue and liked how the interaction played out, based on something that some people do think.

I understand that perfectly well and not expecting something means doubt is involved. I did not say nor do I believe Mochi holds that belief, but I felt there was enough to question the meaning of the content. It simply feels off for one person to ask if they are sick and then for another to confirm that by saying they have the same disease when in reference to the exact same thing.

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 12:38AM

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

im just here going like nEW eYeS By MOcHi

I'm a simple person. I see age gap, I click.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Diabetes? Because all this damn sugar.

Yesss!! Like hurry go get the insulin shot kinda stuff!! xD

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The whispering part was nice

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

The disappointed look on the teacher face when she said "what kind of joke is that" made me melt.

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

Hah hah hah hah hah
This is too much
I can't handle it

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

That last page had to be mochi realizing the power he has over us, his slaves, because we all are going wild over this little one-shot he has blessed us with

That's actually Stan Miller making the show of power, but otherwise yeah you're right on the money.

joined Jun 12, 2012

So cute it hurts

To reply you must either login or sign up.