Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined May 5, 2016

Oh, and that's why part of me wanting to go for the ending which is sad ending for Seju and endgame for teamblonde but forever Seju will be taken away from Sumin, which Sumin will never fully feel happy :), she's with Sungji but never feel complete. but for that, I would sacrifice my favorite charater :), which is so sad for me :)))))))

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I am teampink, but I understand that they do more harm than good for each other at this point... That being said, I don't think Sumin and Sungji are incompatible but just a bit....dull? For me at least, that's probably because not as much is revealed about her (in comparison to Seju and Sumin). Maybe if her character was a bit more fleshed out I'd be more of a teamblonde advocate. That's not to say I hate them as a couple.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't think Seju had it easy with her life. just because she's rich. it doesn't mean she had a better life than Sumin and Sungji. almost all of her siblings think she's an outsider in their family. the rejection and the feeling of being an outcast in your family would be tough for anyone to handle.

Sumin deserve a happy ending also but she does deserve some sort of karma. I know Seju was wrong for cheating but Sumin using and purposely hurting her for 10 years imo seems to weigh more. but I agree that Sumin breaking ties with Seju is the only way for all of them to move on. if only Sumin had done this since they broke up. I believe Seju could have move on by now. but nope, Sumin had chosen to stay by Seju's side just to intentionally hurt her. she literally played and toyed with Seju's feeling even though she know she's already struggling with her family.

wow, I can't believe a lot of Seju fans now want a tragic ending for Seju just to make Sumin suffer for it xD. that would be somewhat bittersweet. nobody was healed in the end. more like they will be scarred for life. I would like it much better if Sumin/Sungji need a transplant or something because of an accident or illness and Seju would happily sacrifice her life to donate whatever organ is needed. (thanks to Seju x Sumin. I can't stop listening to "just a dream" xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsj_3c8mA3M) I'll probably remember Seju x Sumin more than Sungji x Sumin pairing after WDTFS. I like Sungji more before but I guess I connected more with Seju cause I can feel her struggle out of the three main characters.

last edited at May 27, 2016 2:43AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

If Sumin never came back to Seju every time her new relationship fails both would've moved on by now. The thing is, Sumin can't move on on her own, or else she would've do so. Yes, Seju is her first love, but it's Sumin's own fault for comparing her exes with Seju over and over again. Also, she could've just quit the company sooner, right after Seju bought it. But, again, she didn't. She stayed there. Sumin could've shoo off Seju long time ago, but she didn't. She even promised to Seju that she will always be her family, but now she's cutting Seju off. Why? Because she has Sungji. Would she have done that if Sungji's not in her life? I don't think so. Yes, Sumin has also been hurting, but in the past 10 years, she has been hurting Seju on purpose, having her revenge, when she could've just moved on with her life like how she planned in the first place. However, I agree with what ShizukaAoki said, the mole guy did play a role in fucking up their relationship even further. He's pretty fucked up in the head.
Anyway, I'm not saying that Seju is all right and Sumin is all wrong, what I mean is that if Sumin really did want to move on from Seju from years ago, she could. She just chose not to. I think what makes the reader angry is that because now it's as if Sumin is tosting away Seju like an old toy just because she's done playing with it and got a new one. Especially with the why they should no longer see each other reason given by Sumin. Maybe that's not how it is, but that's how it appears to be.
Maybe there's no right time. But if hurting Seju is inevitable, then things could've just been done sooner. Why wait until now?

I would like it much better if Sumin/Sungji need a transplant or something because of an accident or illness and Seju would happily sacrifice her life to donate whatever organ is needed.

This is possible if team gaji take the K-drama route. Seen some K-drama with this ending xD

last edited at May 27, 2016 3:23AM

joined May 5, 2016

wow, I can't believe a lot of Seju fans now want a tragic ending for Seju just to make Sumin suffer for it xD. that would be somewhat bittersweet. nobody was healed in the end. more like they will be scarred for life.

It's more like, I keep waiting for a better moment for her but the author never did give it to her and even went to a worse scenerio for her so it's kinda hard to keep hoping :). Moreover, you can't just use Sumin's past tragedy to cover what Sumin has done for the past 10 years. It's just wrong in many ways so I think Sumin needs some karma, what goes around comes around and wtv. Sungji is innocent, she hasn't done anything wrong, I don't want her to be dragged into this or get hurt from this so that's probably the only way.
Not that hard really, if Seju would not abruptly tragically die at some point or sth like that, there are ways to for Sumin and Sungji to be endgame but Sumin is happy but not completely happy with no Seju in her life anymore. I don't want to take away everything from Sumin because of what she has lost in the past and don't want to hurt Sungji, either but a fully happy ending for Sumin is not what I want at the moment, so yeah. It might change after a few more chaps, though =))))))))

Anyway, you should look for someone who loves you, not someone whom you love :). The fact that Sumin cut off Seju, got rid of Seju's love and go find for exactly the love Seju has given her reminded me of this saying. You always spend time looking for one thing but one day you stop and realise that that one thing has been with you all along, you're just too blind to know. Some realise it in time, some got it too late when they already lost it. Sumin might not be in those cases but I can't help but think of these things after this chap

last edited at May 27, 2016 3:50AM

Peaceforteampink
joined May 26, 2016

Actually, I has had a theory for a long time that the mole guy is Seju's real father. Because there had a lot of hints:
1. He said he was the one giving Seju's name.
2. He dreamed about a woman looked like Seju that we all assumed that's her mother.
3. If he was Seju's father, it would be easier to understand what he did for Sumin.
4. The father Seju kept visiting in the hospital refused to take care of her since she was young, maybe he knew the truth that she wasn't his daughter but he loved Seju's mother too much to abandon Seju completely, instead giving her a lot of money, and didn't want to meet her face to face.
5. The mole guy looks kind of young to be Seju's father, but I think he's just about 40. And again, the woman in his dream, aka Seju's mother was freshly young too. So I guess, it can be possible.
6. Her mother perhaps wanted the best for Seju so she kept it a secret, so the mole guy did.
I don't know, maybe I'm delusional for watching too much Kdrama, but yeah, lol :)))

joined May 5, 2016

Actually, I has had a theory for a long time that the mole guy is Seju's real father. Because there had a lot of hints:
2. He dreamed about a woman looked like Seju that we all assumed that's her mother.
3. If he was Seju's father, it would be easier to understand what he did for Sumin.
4. The father Seju kept visiting in the hospital refused to take care of her since she was young, maybe he knew the truth that she wasn't his daughter but he loved Seju's mother too much to abandon Seju completely, instead giving her a lot of money, and didn't want to meet her face to face.
5. The mole guy looks kind of young to be Seju's father, but I think he's just about 40. And again, the woman in his dream, aka Seju's mother was freshly young too. So I guess, it can be possible.
6. Her mother perhaps wanted the best for Seju so she kept it a secret, so the mole guy did.
I don't know, maybe I'm delusional for watching too much Kdrama, but yeah, lol :)))

No, in one of the conversations between family members, they asked if Seju is really their father's daughter, one of them said yes, they even go for DNA test already, and yes, you have really watched too much k-dramas =))))))

Peaceforteampink
joined May 26, 2016

No, in one of the conversations between family members, they asked if Seju is really their father's daughter, one of them said yes, they even go for DNA test already, and yes, you have really watched too much k-dramas =))))))

An DNA test can be faked easily, and the story has never really mentioned exactly the relationship between Seju and the mole guy. Anyway, I still stick with my theory. It could be possible.

joined May 5, 2016

An DNA test can be faked easily, and the story has never really mentioned exactly the relationship between Seju and the mole guy. Anyway, I still stick with my theory. It could be possible.

It's up to you, really, everyone has the own theories XD, but I personally don't go for it, too kdrama - like has never been my cup of tea XD, and faking DNA test is a little bit too much on kdrama XD, plus what good it could do if this really happened? Just fvck up more Seju's life, not what I want, her life has already been too much already XD. That just simply push her over the edge XD

last edited at May 27, 2016 4:50AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If Sumin never came back to Seju every time her new relationship fails both would've moved on by now.

Not Seju. She was going to wait until she died as she promised. And she might have died at some point there because of the stresses her family gave her.

She even promised to Seju that she will always be her family,

That promise was made before their breakup.

but now she's cutting Seju off. Why? Because she has Sungji. Would she have done that if Sungji's not in her life? I don't think so.

Because you can't earnestly love someone while you also love someone else. Sumin is doing the right thing as she has decided to choose one; a moron would date two women at the same time.

Guys, please take into account how hurt it is to have scars on her shoulder. Also the fact that she didn't sue moleguy, it's not because she was scared of him, but he's Seju's brother. And the fact that Sumin was the one who got mentally damage. And also the fact that she did come back to comfort Seju because she was scared that Seju might commit suicide.

I think Sumin going back to Seju every time her relationship didn't work out was not because she really needed a comfort, I would say it's because she loved Seju, so she wanted to see her.

last edited at May 27, 2016 8:03AM

Random_Retard
57632_1204756302834_full
joined May 27, 2016

For some reason I’d like to add my two cents here ^^

Some folks here keep saying that Sumin always went back to Seju for comfort.
I admit that it seemed like that at first. Every time Sumins current relationship failed she went back to Seju.
However, by now we know that it wasn’t just quite like that.
Because now we know that Sumin sabotaged her relationships herself. In the beginning a lot of people thought that Seju might have had some doing in it as well. But the only time we saw proof of that was in case of the redhead.
But we learned recently that Sumin broke up with the women she was with just to aid to Sejus side. She just never had the courage to tell her that. And probably because she was still angry at her as well. That’s why she used excuses like “She wasn’t as good as you” when the real reason was that she was worried about her wellbeing after she returned from visiting her family. So it’s not just that Seju was in her way all this time, Sumin was kinda standing in her own way as well because she was never cruel enough to just say f*** you, I don’t give a s*** about you anymore. She was angry at Seju all this time, yes. And she hated her for ruining it all for the both of them, true. But she never stopped caring for Seju either and that was what’s really standing in her way. Every time Sumin had a relationship and Seju was troubled again Sumin kept looking for a reason to break up with her girlfriend (or the girlfriend got fed up with her behaviour because Sumin didn’t seem to give them enough attention and demanded for separation before Sumin had a chance to do so herself) just to go back to Seju and be there for her. And it worked. Because (I think it was) the mole guy who mentioned that Seju probably would have killed herself a long time ago if it wasn’t for Sumin being there.
So Sumin wasn’t just being selfish whenever she returned to Seju.
In fact it was the exact opposite. She discarded her chances of being happy with someone else for Sejus sake – because she was too afraid of what Seju would do if she wouldn’t return to her.
That was a selfless act that also shows that Sumin never stopped caring about Seju.
And since Sumin would never cheat on someone (physically) she always had to break up in order to be able to come back to Seju.

The flashbacks also showed a lot of empty affairs but not all of Sumins relationships were bad and some girls really tried to get closer to her but Sumins concern for Seju was always greater than her efforts of making the new relationship work.
Most girls had some flaws that she could use as an excuse to break up, in case the girls themselves weren’t fed up with Sumins behaviour even before that which then led to them leaving on their own.
Sungji is different in that regard because she doesn’t allow Sumin to do that with her as well.
Every time Sumin tries to distance herself from Sungji, Sungji just accepts that and is understanding, it doesn’t make her mad so that Sumin would have another reason to break up.
Sungji has an eye for the little details and just sees that Sumin is a very sensitive and caring person that’s why Sungji trusts Sumin even though she knows that Sumin keeps some things secret from her. And I think it’s that behaviour that impresses Sumin the most and that’s why she doesn’t wanna leave her without a good reason. Sumin even told Sungji that she is not a good person but again, Sungji didn’t allow her to just establish that kind of situation were she could create trouble again. Sungji immediately prevents that from going any further with one of her honest and cute remarks. She just doesn’t give Sumin a chance to escape this time that’s why I think Sumin wants to really give this relationship a try even though Sumin herself is probably not convinced just yet that it would work out for them in the end. However, she just wants to try honestly for once…

I think that also explains why Sungji seems too perfect to most of us – because if she wasn’t like that Sumin would have another reason to break up. Sungji seems “flawless” and she also doesn’t allow for Sumin to make her own flaws stand in the way so this time Sumin can’t escape because she always needed a reason to do so – even if she had to create that reason herself. She is not cruel and daring enough to just break up without one.

That’s why I think Sumin suffered just as much as Seju did in those past 10 years.
So no reason to punish her any more. Same goes for Seju.

And thus my rant comes to an end ;)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I would say any kind of words or actions Sumin used towards to Seju, if that meant to break up with her, it would lead to the same outcome.

But at least, in my case (not sure about others), if she hasn't chosen this moment when Seju has been so stressed about her father, not say those words (maybe saying she doesn't want to hurt Sungji because she loves her and Sungji loves her, too, sth like that, I don't know), I would probably be less judgemental towards Sumin. Because honestly, those words has a lot of impact and made me remember it right after I read it. Before I read translation, I have absolutely nothing too much against Sumin, just thought "oh, it has to be done, just sooner than I thought, but poor Seju", but after reading it, everything go amplify =)))))

The thing is, Sumin never really thought too deep about how her actions are affecting Seju. It is the same now too. If she knew that Sjeu might try something, I think she would postpone it for a little later. So even though I believe she has been selfish, I don't really blame her now. Just Seju's luck is really bad as usual.
Also, it was partially Seju's fault too, for accepting Sumin every time. They are both at fault in this, not only Sumin.

And Sungji is another perfect escape for Sumin when she couldn't deal with her emotionals for Seju, isn't it?

What is bothering me about it, is that how Sumin had to relly on someone else in order to forget Seju. I still can't see how Sungji is really different than a normal girlfriend, besides the fact that she is supposed to be different because the author says so.
I think the author's perspective in this is a bit false. There is no savior (Sungji) in these situations. The person has to work on themselves first. Otherwise, those feelings will remain, and just like Sumin admitted, she is afraid she might want to come back to Seju. So she should have stayed alone first, when she decided to leave Seju for good.

Otherwise, their relationship could end up being co-dependant. Sumin is clingy too, just doesn't show it. And we have to to see Sungji taking some action too, rather than being all accepting. Honestly, I don't believe a person like Sungji would be able to heal Sumin in a real life situation. It feels not enough to just be nice and accepting.

Not that hard really, if Seju would not abruptly tragically die at some point or sth like that, there are ways to for Sumin and Sungji to be endgame but Sumin is happy but not completely happy with no Seju in her life anymore. I don't want to take away everything from Sumin because of what she has lost in the past and don't want to hurt Sungji, either but a fully happy ending for Sumin is not what I want at the moment, so yeah. It might change after a few more chaps, though =))))))))

I want something like this to happen in the end too. Sumin should move on, but she should get some karma too. But not Seju dying, just maybe Seju moving on and never talking to her. Which is hard but still

last edited at May 27, 2016 8:42AM

joined Feb 4, 2016

I too, have had this slight feelings that the mole guy is Seju's real father.

And in regards to the DNA test (not sure about it anymore since the last time I learned about biology was back in high school, so take it with a grain of salt), Seju will still inherits the DNA of the "old father" even if her direct father is the moleguy. Afaik, DNA is inherited throughout your lineage, so if Seju's family tested it to prove whether she's part of the family or not, it would most likely generate a "yes", because the generation difference is not that far.

Oh my, when you think about it, everything about Seju is just so shady lol. She's been the tragedy queen even before being born!

last edited at May 27, 2016 8:33AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Because you can't earnestly love someone while you also love someone else. Sumin is doing the right thing as she has decided to choose one; a moron would date two women at the same time

Would she cut Seju off if she never met Sungji? The right thing for Sumin to do, would be to disappear from Seju's life a long time ago, the way she planned. Especially after that incident with the mole guy. But she didn't. For whatever reason, the fact is that she came back. It's not about who she picked but what the hell took her so long to do so.

Not Seju. She was going to wait until she died as she promised. And she might have died at some point there because of the stresses her family gave her.

You'll never know. She promised to never drink again, but now she's drinking.

Guys, please take into account how hurt it is to have scars on her shoulder. Also the fact that she didn't sue moleguy, it's not because she was scared of him, but he's Seju's brother. And the fact that Sumin was the one who got mentally damage. And also the fact that she did come back to comfort Seju because she was scared that Seju might commit suicide

The hurt and damage she got from the mole guy is trumendous, yes. I don't think that's easy to forget. Seju feels beyond guilty for that, even though it's not her doing. Because they're related of course it's Seju that will take all the blame for what that psycho mole guy did. That kind of blame and guilt can be really damaging as well. Also where did it say that Sumin did not sue the mole guy because he is Seju's brother? I might've have missed it. The real reason why she came back was never stated. Was she afraid that Seju might commit suicide? Maybe yes, maybe no. (Let's see if future chapters will bring this up)

last edited at May 27, 2016 8:43AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oh my, when you think about it, everything about Seju is just so shady lol. She's been the tragedy queen even before being born!

9toenails, I alway burst out laughing by your comments. XD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So Sumin wasn’t just being selfish whenever she returned to Seju.
In fact it was the exact opposite. She discarded her chances of being happy with someone else for Sejus sake – because she was too afraid of what Seju would do if she wouldn’t return to her.

I don't think she was selfless. She did it for her self first and then for Seju. Because she herself couldn't get over Seju and she couldn't help but going back to her.
And if she was so worried, she could have acted a bit more nice to Seju every time she was going back. But most of the time she was cold toher and only wanted to have sex

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Also where did it say that Sumin did not sue the mole guy because he is Seju's brother? I might've have missed it.

While she was in the hospital she said "The reason why I'm sitting here and behave myself is because the president helps me a lot with my parents." I assumed her unbehaving should be suing moleguy.

The real reason why she came back was never stated. Was she afraid that Seju might commit suicide? Maybe yes, maybe no. (Let's see if future chapters will bring this up)

Implied in chapter 50 in one monologue.

It's not about who she picked but what the hell took her so long to do so.

It's because she is Sumin. hahaha XD

last edited at May 27, 2016 9:48AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

That was a selfless act that also shows that Sumin never stopped caring about Seju.
And since Sumin would never cheat on someone (physically) she always had to break up in order to be able to come back to Seju.

Her act is anything but selfless. She did it for herself, because she's still in love with Seju and she can't get over that. She never had feelings for those girls in the first place, they were just her rebounds. Her attempt to get over Seju. But in the end none ever works that's why she broke up with them.

While she was in the hospital she said "The reason why I'm sitting here and behave myself is because the president helps me a lot with my parents." I assumed her unbehaving should be suing moleguy.

I think what she meant was that the reason she still want to even see or even speak with Seju is because she feels in debt to her father, not that she didn't sue the mole guy because it's Seju's brother. but maybe we interpret it differently.

last edited at May 27, 2016 9:19AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

9toenails, I alway burst out laughing by your comments. XD

Not strange. It's 9toenails for ya. XD

Random_Retard
57632_1204756302834_full
joined May 27, 2016

@MacySan

I disagree ^^
I think she did it for Seju and then for herself – in that order ;)

Sumin tried to let go. We saw that.
After the break up she already tried a clean cut.
New apartment, getting rid of the car, even new clothes and accessories because it all reminded her of Seju. And then that incident with the mole guy happened and Seju was even more in despair and Sumin was thrown back into it herself as well and with those scars she never was able to forget again. No chance to escape anymore.

And I also think that the mole guy attacked her because Sejus situation was getting worse and worse after the breakup. And he blamed Sumin for that. It must have been at that time that he told her that Seju would commit suicide without her because it never seemed like Sumin and the mole guy had a lot of contact in the past. So it must have been during that incident.

That’s what changed things for her.
She hated Seju, yes. Was not able to let go of her own suffering and treated Seju bad because of that, yes. But she never felt indifferent towards her.

Sex was the only way to get close to her again because she wasn’t able to really open up again after that incident and also she never forgave Seju because it all started with her mistake. So having sex was her pretence to be there with her.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Random_Retard, saying your username is like insulting you, it will be hard for us. XD

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

With two chapters I am going to explain why I think Sumin always was back with Seju.

Firstly, in the chapter 27 Seju is clear about what is her opinion about the actual relation that she gas with Sumin.

For her, Sumin always is come back because sometimes she needed to feel again, once she was lost for her empty relations with girls. She only wanted to feel again the love and remebered all good memories that they had She only wanted to feel again the love and look back on all good memories that they had.

Secondly, in the chapter 50 when Shumin had a emotional crisis, she accepted that with the time she felt guilty for hurting Seju. And she was going over her place after everytime Seju would need to be comforted because of their visits to her family and when she was dangerous for her own life

I know that Sumin could handle the situation better but she was lost too.

For that reason I support Sumin, because she is aware that she made mistakes but also she tried to fix everything. The problem is that they had never had a real conversation.

joined Dec 9, 2014

@Random_Retard

Do you belive that Sumin was still in love with Seju, or she was just worried for her and this is why she kept going back?
And if her act was so selfless, shouldn't see try not to get on Seju's nerves too? Like the redhead incident, or acting like she doesn't give a damn.
Yes the moleguy incident fucked her up more, but I personally believe that even if that didn't happen, she would still go back to Seju and repeat the same. I don't think she would keep up with her new life and moving on back then for long.

last edited at May 27, 2016 9:23AM

Random_Retard
57632_1204756302834_full
joined May 27, 2016

@sia ue

Oh, don't be shy! Just call me Retard (^_-)v

I think it'll be easier for some others seeing how emotional this discussion is ;)
So don't hold back ^^

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

The problem is that they had never had a real conversation.

I agree with this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.