Forum › Posts by Cryssoberyl

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Amano Shuninta is the cure for what ails us. This is just what was called for, both in the story itself and in her passionate afterword. Thank you very much, Divulge.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Came in here to see what people's reactions were to a Euphonium doujin before I read it myself. I'm glad I did. Thank you to Seiyuuri for translating the afterword as well. That doesn't always happen, but insight into the mindset of the author is always interesting and useful. Especially in this case. With this afterword I know that there is no point in reading the rest of this, because whatever happens in it, the author decided to induce a miscarriage in the last moments. Just like any notion of actual yuri in the show itself, it is stillborn.

The yuribait in Euphonium was an ugly and divisive mistake, and it will be for the best when this particular interlude in yuri history is forgotten.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 4:42AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wonderful and awesome in every way. Reminds me a lot of Oniyuri-san and Himeyuri-san, obviously a very pleasant association for me.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Kurata Uso discussion 12 Dec 17:12
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Of course he is. Yuri Danshi is drawn from his own thoughts and experiences as a male yuri fan, though magnified and exaggerated for comic effect, of course. However, I consider YD to largely be a waste of his great talents, when he could be producing more of the sterling yuri work that he has released in the past.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 5:12PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Yuri Danshi discussion 12 Dec 16:26
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

They are all too narrow-minded in their viewpoint, but if I had to choose, Yutaka had the best attitude. Interested in yuri from a female viewpoint, to more deeply understand female/female attraction from that perspective, but also aware of the important role that sexuality plays in romance and disdainful of the notions of "purity" that continue to haunt the genre. However, there is also nothing wrong with unrealistic wish-fulfillment fantasy, which many female consumers also enjoy. Not everything has to be a soulful, tasteful examination of same-sex romance. The key is balance and breadth of content in the genre as a whole.

Anyway, it goes without saying that this is not itself yuri, however it is valuable reading as a meta-commentary on the industry. For us in the West, insight into the background workings of yuri as a commercial endeavor is very lacking, and I'm always grateful for anything that can shed more light on that aspect of yuri's production and trends. Thank you True Love Scanlations for continuing to work on this.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 4:33PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Hm, it was sort of depressing until the last third, then it became pretty cute. Also, wouldn't this be age gap? Maybe it's just college age/grown woman, but Non definitely has the feeling of being younger. Thanks Yuri Project.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Citrus discussion 30 Nov 01:36
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wow, they actually talked to each other about their thoughts, feelings, and fears. Who would've thought. The chapter was going so well, but messed up at the end by falling back on dumb "comedy" and not kissing for no good reason, too bad. Still, good forward progress in their relationship I guess. Also on the final page where she's pulling the covers up with her left hand, you forgot to draw the ring, Saburouta...

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Jewels discussion 29 Nov 01:28
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

"The Word for World is Yuri"

A truism indeed, as I've known about my own life for many years.

Wonderful from start to golden (or rather platinum) finish. Thank you, Freelancers.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 1:31AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Citrus discussion 15 Nov 04:08
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

There are a large number of "legit yuri anime", it's merely that most of them are more than 6 years old. This is quite possibly the most significant event in yuri anime since Aoi Hana. As such, it's naturally of profound interest, and possibly profound consequence.

As for how far the anime may go, the end of chapter 20 would be a perfect spot for a final scene.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 4:50AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wow. Another really wonderful work by Senno Knife. The evocative weather and sense of luxurious isolation were very well-delivered. Thank you very much, Yuri Project.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Alien Girl discussion 02 Nov 17:20
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I will never understand hair straightening. Curly/wavy hair is thicker, more interesting, and wonderfully fluffy. Doing it repeatedly is also very damaging.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Double Bind discussion 02 Nov 00:40
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

cereal commercial

great now all I can think of is Yurika dressed as count chocula

It wasn't quite like that.

Anyway, as always I prefer Kaede/Yurika and Ran/Sora, but this is an interesting take on (and departure from) Yurika's vampire persona in the show.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Uhm... Uh... I don't get it. I haven't watched the anime nor I have the intention to do so, but the two girls at the end are the same person, right? So selfcest?.

This situation does not exist in the show, which is a lighthearted kids' idol anime. In the show, Yurika's vampire persona is not real, it's simply a character that she plays, often with humorous dissonance arising from the difference between the persona and her actual self (such as, for instance, the fact that she loves garlic but can't allow herself to be seen having it in public, as it would clash with her image).

last edited at Nov 2, 2016 12:42AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

A fun, enthusiastic and thoroughly mutually consensual time was had by all. That's what I like to see. Thank you, Yuri-ism.

last edited at Oct 20, 2016 11:59PM

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

The prostitute was very kind to her. Leaving aside the fact that a) it's her job, and b) lesbian prostitutes probably have lots of experience and/or training with handling anxious first-timers, she definitely did her best to make it a pleasant and positive experience beyond just the sexual side of the encounter. It may have been a hopeless effort at the time, but Nagata clearly has feelings of gratitude toward her in retrospect, so that's something. We haven't yet heard her full thoughts on the interlude as a whole, but even from this chapter I'd say she realized some important things about herself from it.

Thank you very much, Tetsu.

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Simple yet magnificent. Thank you, Rainbow Secret.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Cradlesong discussion 14 Sep 14:36
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wonderful. Absolutely magnificent art as well. For another of innumerable times, we are indebted to you, Lililicious.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Another one of these, huh. About halfway through I was already planning on suggesting the moe up the butt tag.

Nevermind.

Even so, thanks for your efforts, Freelancers.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 2:30PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Fascinating interview, thank you very much for posting it. We in the West really don't get enough access to this kind of direct commentary on the genre and the industry, something I've always considered a key weakness of being a yuri fan outside of Japan. This kind of insight is extremely valuable. Thanks again.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Wicked Girl discussion 08 Sep 15:13
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Artistically, this is a bit more like what I expect from Sakamoto, although the content is unfortunate. Sensei is quite a selfish person, as it turns out. She claims she wanted to change Maho, to give real substance and belonging to her life - and actually succeeded in doing that, only to come to feel sorry for herself that she doesn't feel the "zest" anymore? Even though she managed to make a genuine and beneficial improvement in Maho's life?

Doubtless we'll never know, but it'd be nice if Sensei herself grew up a little and learned to be satisfied by the good that is right in front of her, and that she helped to create.

Thanks as always, Yuri Project.

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 3:18PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Lily Love discussion 04 Sep 19:26
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

There is nothing "generic" about Mew having confronted her father this forcefully. This kind of confrontation, executed in this kind of brutally stark and unflinching way, is pretty much never depicted in yuri, at least not the Japanese yuri we are accustomed to. Despite what some here want to pretend, this is not at all common, and I truly do appreciate Ratana's depiction of it in this way.

I also agree that it makes sense, both narratively and in terms of realism, for Mew's father to remain obdurate. He is an example of the people who will never change their attitude no matter what. Something else that will not change is that Mew is better off without him in her life. The notion that "children are always better off with their parents" is incorrect; children are very frequently much better off without having to shoulder their parents' baggage, and Mew's life will surely be happier and healthier as such.

Thank you again, and as always, Ratana and 3M.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 7:34PM

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It was good, but to me Sakamoto's art has taken a definite and strange step down from what it used to be compared to, for instance, My Unique Day. It used to be very rich in detail and facial expressions, but this work's art strikes me as very flat and simple, and some of the expressions are just...off. Not sure what to make of it; I hope it isn't due to declining health, as seems to often be the case with manga artists.

Regardless, thanks for the release, Yuri Project.

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Truly a fascinating read. I want to frame every page I turn to as a masterpiece of how to tell a story like this, in a frank, insightful, and self-commiserating way. However much she may not have understood herself at the time, this work clearly shows that looking back, she now certainly has a clear picture of what her own feelings and motivations were, and having that clarity later in life is a priceless resource to reflect upon and learn from.

Thank you very much Tetsu for your efforts on this title.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Nanzaki Iku. Still one of the best yuri authors that ever put pen to paper. (Or stylus to drawing tablet, as the case may be.)

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

My feelings from the first story didn't really change. This is not a healthy relationship, but it is an interesting one. Thanks Yuri Project.