Forum › A Lying Bride's Case for Same-Sex Marriage discussion

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I hope that lesbian friend will show up a bit more, she was cute.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I hope that lesbian friend will show up a bit more, she was cute.

More importantly, she is based, which is IMO the most attractive trait in an Adult life Drama.

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

Dang, I was hoping Rei would see Gotou’s rejected job applications and take pity/love her more to see her struggling and accept that the girl would be with her for a lot long more. But of course, this is Kodama Naoko we’re talking about.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

In this pace, they will bang before divorced

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Fuck yeah, spoon-feed me that drama. I can't wait!

Yeaaah Naoko-samaaa~~~! You're my idol, I'll follow you fore~ver! ♡ ♡ ♡

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Just in my corner. Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch4, pg 16, "we're we're"

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

wow, this has evolved a lot!! I think the breaking point was when Rei rejected Gotou's physical approach, establishing a limit and reassuring her autonomy and worth. I liked that part and the resolve from her not to be just a married woman's lesbian fling, not usual on kodama naoko's works. I think so far this is probably the most "mature" story she's put out, maybe kodama naoko is actually evolving and getting better, the characters have more depth too, all to the detriment of my previous comment shiting on this lol. Will stick around and see if this develops into something good

joined Oct 19, 2022

Interesting. I've seen two different versions of the opening page and the translators, it seems, didn't understand the text in the same way.

This version goes:

"She's my ex-coworker and a married woman."
"And she's running from her family troubles."
"Other than that, I don't know a single thing about her."
And then Gotou comments to that: "Well... you never asked, did you?"
Making a point that communication is important and that the mc needs to ask the questions she has, if she want to get answers.

The other version offers a variant interpretation. The first two lines are pretty much identical. But then they jump to the next line on the left and translate it as:

"You probably want to ask why, did you?"

And then they translate the bottom-most line as:

"Well, for now, that's all you need to know about her."

I wonder if this is because the ambiguity of the Japanese text?

joined Apr 16, 2022

In this pace, they will bang before divorced

God I hope so, isn't that why we're all here

(Great chapter! I could've used a trigger warning for the job search scenes though that was extremely painful.)

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Depressing as fuck also please don't tell me this got axed, first good Kodama Naoko series

Poor gotou really

joined May 24, 2014

Let her go and go on with your life. And that's that.

joined May 3, 2014

wow, this has evolved a lot!! I think the breaking point was when Rei rejected Gotou's physical approach, establishing a limit and reassuring her autonomy and worth. I liked that part and the resolve from her not to be just a married woman's lesbian fling, not usual on kodama naoko's works. I think so far this is probably the most "mature" story she's put out, maybe kodama naoko is actually evolving and getting better, the characters have more depth too, all to the detriment of my previous comment shiting on this lol. Will stick around and see if this develops into something good

damn so the people just enjoy almost anything as long as it’s garbage drama about scumbag people, NOW Kodama stories had become more “mature” >.> maybe i will actualy give Kodama an chance? cuz up untill now i just read comments every time there is an Kodama story cuz i really I’m not a fan of how bad the writing is about scumbags in relationships.

i guess it’s in humans nature to watch a dumpster fire burn and see how shit crushes and burn's to ashes, but that doesn’t mean kodama writing stories had anything else going for them, it always made me feel like ugh trying to read her stories

last edited at May 7, 2024 3:34AM

Ese%20len
joined Apr 26, 2017

Depressing as fuck also please don't tell me this got axed, first good Kodama Naoko series

Poor gotou really

volume 1 just came out so like its still going

To reply you must either login or sign up.