Forum › Under the Moonlit Night discussion

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

The artist was bathing the reader's soul with this tender tale. I feel uplifted after reading this.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy this book here.
Follow Takeshisu on X: @intheWhiteRoom
Pixiv: https://pixiv.net/users/3309496

joined Apr 6, 2018

Bittersweet pain

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Whoa, a fantasy story that's not another generic isekai. Pretty neat, a bit generic but I see no problem in simple stories if they're done well.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Well, this didn't solve anything.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Well, this didn't solve anything.

No solution really exists. She will eventually grow old and die and her whole life will be like half a year for the elves in terms of lifespan.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I feel like it’s okay to have multiple loves over the course of one’s life. Think about how wonderful it would be to find multiple soulmates, and to love each of them for several decades.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Heck, I'll take a yuri version of LOTR any day !

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Oh, stop it you. I already have the late night thoughts about lying in bed at 80 years old and leaving everything/everyone in this world behind, and now I gotta worry about the characters in the yuri I read doing the same :(

joined Feb 24, 2023

Then she finds a potion of immortality and they live happily ever after the end

joined Oct 25, 2010

This is a great story about two beautiful characters whose hearts are entwined! I felt very happy after reading it, because I can easily imagine how both characters can be together for all time. Human Kai and elven Lyra will always be together! Time, duties, and dangers will never tear this loving pair apart!

last edited at Sep 22, 2023 11:45AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

Elves: "You will feel sad when your short-lived human lover dies before you do"
Humans: "I fear nobody will be here to protect my longer-lived lover once I die"
All you need to know about the two races in a nutshell

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

I mean, there ARE ways to cut ones life short if they're worried that much about it. Just pull an ol' Romeo and Juliet and die together. Or I suppose "Romette and Juliet" in this case.

Plus it'd probably have the added benefit of both Elves and Humans being like "Wow she loved her so much she wanted to die with her, how tragically romantic."

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Honestly, I wanna read a elf x human romance story where the main focus is the human looking for an immortality potion or some such thing. Like, c'mon, yall live in Magic Land. There's gotta be an archwizard you can rizz up to de-age you every few decades or something, right? If I was in a magic world, I would absolutely refuse to die of old age.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Somehow can't help but be reminded of many of the Marisa x Alice stories. While many of them are really quite beautiful, some of the best still tear your heart out, as the difference in aging leads to a very melancholy end...

_yuri_hime_14_clear_file
joined Oct 21, 2011

YES!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Honestly, I wanna read a elf x human romance story where the main focus is the human looking for an immortality potion or some such thing. Like, c'mon, yall live in Magic Land. There's gotta be an archwizard you can rizz up to de-age you every few decades or something, right? If I was in a magic world, I would absolutely refuse to die of old age.

You fool! Magic never grants immortality without some kind of horrible soul-destroying caveat. Like that archwizard will make you her undying thrall or something

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mr. Jones posted:

You fool! Magic never grants immortality without some kind of horrible soul-destroying caveat. Like that archwizard will make you her undying thrall or something

Since immortality is something impossible as far as we know, fiction always gives it an impossible price, so people won't feel dejected by their inability to attain it.

But it's only the way fiction is. It's not a rule of nature or whatever.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Beautiful. ^_^

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Mr. Jones posted:

Since immortality is something impossible as far as we know, fiction always gives it an impossible price, so people won't feel dejected by their inability to attain it.

But it's only the way fiction is. It's not a rule of nature or whatever.

There are immortal creatures on earth. The most prominent is the jellyfish Turritopsis dohrnii what can turn back its life cycle to a earlier time.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Frodina!
Sam!

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

J.R.R TOLKIEN just took his version of Elves from mythology.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I mean, there ARE ways to cut ones life short if they're worried that much about it. Just pull an ol' Romeo and Juliet and die together. Or I suppose "Romette and Juliet" in this case.

Plus it'd probably have the added benefit of both Elves and Humans being like "Wow she loved her so much she wanted to die with her, how tragically romantic."

I feel like a more psychologically healthy way to approach this isn't to cut short someone's life. I think to really wish the best for her elven lover, Kai would hope Lyra doesn't die, but can grieve properly and then move on. The loss of a loved one doesn't have to be a shadow that hangs over her for the next few thousand years. 'course that's me trying to apply human psychology to a species that lives longer than turtles and deep sea sharks...

joined May 3, 2014

Bittersweet pain

me too

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

As much as I love bittersweet fantasies like this, I hope we could get at least a sequel on what happens to them when the inevitable occur, in short, death.

To reply you must either login or sign up.