Forum › Labrynth Curse discussion

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This ygo any good? Looks quite unique the premise.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Well, it is an archetype in the card game, not in anyway relevant to the manga/anime. And whilst the yuri is confirmed through secondary media (unlike other card games, Yu-Gi-Oh! has no flavour texts on most cards), chances are there is still something to come, as the Valuable Book EX 3 ended on a "To be continued" (and there is atleast one card that is still to be released) so the doujins don't have much to work with yet. Also, YGO lore has the tendency to corrupt, maim or kill love interests, sometimes even multiple times.

"You're telling my it's a trap deck but those aren't femboys in maid dresses?" - Some guy at my locals.

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 5:50AM

Sasasasasaas
joined Aug 31, 2020

"You're telling my it's a trap deck but those aren't femboys in maid dresses?" - Some guy at my locals.

Ayo wot

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 7:53AM

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

How wonderful

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

No idea what's going on, but the chibi making the heroic entrance via hippogryph was funny.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Yugioh Yuri is not anything I expected to see here. Or ever, really.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

It's a fun ship

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

ngl, love the secret lore of yugoh

joined Aug 10, 2016

as someone that plays this deck and knows these cards, the credits page forgot that the Virus cards being shown are two different ones, with the bat looking one being Full Force Virus, another stupidly strong trap card that while not as wide ranging as Eradicator Virus, can still destroy your opponent completely when against certain decks.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Also, YGO lore has the tendency to corrupt, maim or kill love interests, sometimes even multiple times.

nah they'll be fine and kept alive, this isn't another massive storyline like Duel Terminal or World Legacy

joined Dec 18, 2020

as someone that plays this deck and knows these cards, the credits page forgot that the Virus cards being shown are two different ones, with the bat looking one being Full Force Virus, another stupidly strong trap card that while not as wide ranging as Eradicator Virus, can still destroy your opponent completely when against certain decks.

Also the credits page claims that the "castle curse" thing is the author's original idea when the Valuable Book EX3 lore does mentions rumors there's a curse on the castle that can only be broken if the treasure at its center is retrieved. Its a pretty vague plot point but it is there.

Dekdek
joined Jun 28, 2020

Also the credits page claims that the "castle curse" thing is the author's original idea when the Valuable Book EX3 lore does mentions rumors there's a curse on the castle that can only be broken if the treasure at its center is retrieved. Its a pretty vague plot point but it is there.

Yeah, that was my bad. I'd completely forgotten about the EX book release

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

A YuGiOh story, kind of (loosely) similar to "Mage and Demon Queen." Fun!

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 1:58PM

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Also, YGO lore has the tendency to corrupt, maim or kill love interests, sometimes even multiple times.

nah they'll be fine and kept alive, this isn't another massive storyline like Duel Terminal or World Legacy

I wouldn't be be suprised if Labrynth, Adventure, G E N D E R and Runic all end up being in a shared universe (the last two already are), considering they're all very video game-y. Even without that, the lore of isolated archetypes can be cruel and often tragic (Kozmo, Visa's lore, Jigabyte's, Dog Marron's, etc.) too. I haven't caught up on the Sky Striker Manga yet, but you have to admit that Roze doesn't looks to healthy in Linkage...

Also I don't recall the Credits page being there upon my first read, but ... is there any reason Arias is referred to as a she?

13124839_1589396498054389_6595928075628769960_n
joined Nov 14, 2016

Or ended on a cliffhanger like Shiranui and Mayakashi

joined Dec 18, 2020

Also I don't recall the Credits page being there upon my first read, but ... is there any reason Arias is referred to as a she?

In VBEX she's referred to as "our middle elder sister" by the Labrynth maids.

joined Aug 10, 2016

I wouldn't be be suprised if Labrynth, Adventure, G E N D E R and Runic all end up being in a shared universe (the last two already are), considering they're all very video game-y. Even without that, the lore of isolated archetypes can be cruel and often tragic (Kozmo, Visa's lore, Jigabyte's, Dog Marron's, etc.) too. I haven't caught up on the Sky Striker Manga yet, but you have to admit that Roze doesn't looks to healthy in Linkage...

Kozmoz is more sad because its straight up Star Wars x Wizard of Oz lol, so the witch dying is Darth Vader's death

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

It's pretty fun, but super hard to get into. Start with either the anime or GOAT format and learn from there.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Nah not really. For things like Zephyrs and World Legacy sure, but Skull Servant lore is pretty wholesome, Skystrike lore is as cool as it is gay, and love is like the one thing that saves everyone in Albaz lore.

last edited at Sep 14, 2023 3:22AM

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

I mean, I wish the two the best, both lore wise and in avoiding banlist hits, but when it comes to "What a terrible night to have a curse"-Konami, I believe the urge to print a corrupted Secret Rare final form of Labrynth outweighs any tendencies towards a neat fairy tale ending.

Edit: Dodged the banlist bullet.

last edited at Sep 20, 2023 3:46AM

joined Sep 12, 2023

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.