Forum › Walk to Death discussion

joined May 1, 2013

I am growing absolutely convinced Natsuki is the killer. If Tokiko didn't kill the teacher, Natsuki's the only other character who was there.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Honestly, big sister is a bitch for that lmaoo. Ah the rest of my fams dead guess I’ll just kill myself instead of even attempting to live a life with my wacky zappy sis. If I was Tokiko I’d just be angry because of the sheer inconvenience like hows she gonna learn to cook now? Though I admit I burst out laughing when i saw the hanging panel lol

You know, this is just a theory, but I somehow am doubting she wanted that to happen. After all, the best trick for murder is to give a logical explanation for it that isn't murder.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Tokiko's problem isn't that she lacks empathy, it's that she's an idiot and an asshole. It's not that difficult to intellectually understand people are upset and act accordingly without feeling real empathy or even sympathy. Not that she should respond perfectly like a trained therapist, but the things she has said at each death have been practically calculated to anger people the maximum amount. Her insight when she's talking to her friend is nice, but she acts like a completely different and much worse person with everyone else. It's too bad big sis is suddenly gone because I was interested to see if she would open up to her the same way as with her friend.

Well, she's a teenager and most likely some sort of sociopath, so she doesn't have experience communicating and doesn't understand how anybody else feels or doesn't understand her perspective. The scenario shows the worst aspects of this due to how tragic the events are, but I definitely don't think she's an asshole.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Tokiko's problem isn't that she lacks empathy, it's that she's an idiot and an asshole. It's not that difficult to intellectually understand people are upset and act accordingly without feeling real empathy or even sympathy. Not that she should respond perfectly like a trained therapist, but the things she has said at each death have been practically calculated to anger people the maximum amount. Her insight when she's talking to her friend is nice, but she acts like a completely different and much worse person with everyone else. It's too bad big sis is suddenly gone because I was interested to see if she would open up to her the same way as with her friend.

this also... isn't her problem?
she doesn't understand the reasoning behind such an action even though she COULD do that she seems to consider it a waste of her time as all it would do is shallowly make it seem like she was less suspicious than she is which she visibly has no investment in.
Additionally, she doesn't care how people perceive her and straight up doesn't sympathize with/ doesn't care that this is distressing her family so much besides a token "I think its bad they feel bad, just not enough to act on it."

I also think this is the point, she's not a good person she's actually an infuriating one to read about as the main character because she's the functional villian.
also I'm curious instead of killing someone someone killed HER and these deaths are the cost for her continued life.
might explain the white hair/lack of emotion but I also might just be wrong.
Fascinating Idea!

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

“If somebody knows their family will be able to get by fine without them, they can die in peace” ----Guess that could be taken as her farewell huh? Maybe she was just fed up with everyone dying and thought Tokiko would not mind much.

As others say, I think she will mind this one, a bit, if only for the cooking. I didn't know the author wrote Liar Satsuki...now I shall read that one too. Thanks for the uploads!!!

Liar Satsuki is amazing as well, the author is so incredibly talented, especially if they're a relative amateur(I don't know if they're an amateur or not)

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Uh oh, wee woo time, a new endcard. and Natsuki is on it :x

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah good to see a new card, but oh no not Natsuki. I'd say I hope she survives but given that everyone but Tokiko who was on the first card died, it's not looking good.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

yeah good to see a new card, but oh no not Natsuki. I'd say I hope she survives but given that everyone but Tokiko who was on the first card died, it's not looking good.

"You chose to look at a series with the tragedy tag and BY GOD, tragedy you shall have!"

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Next time on Kamen Rider Tokiko...

last edited at May 26, 2022 7:08PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

almost forgot to comment on it but while Tokiko certainly isn't bursting into tears and grief all of a sudden, it is clear that her sister's hanging has impacted her far beyond any other death so far. She saw everyone else in her family die and by her own account even more than that, but she did not tell a soul of what happened two years ago until her sister dies and Tokiko decides "no actually this time the one behind it needs to pay".

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

No no no. You get Natsuki off that card right this instant. Also, I'm assuming Rena is still alive. No body means no death, so she is probably the ninth picture. And since the body count is shooting up all of the sudden, I'm guessing the "murder curse" probably actually the grandpa's death. Maybe Rena killed him.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

lol

I doubt Tokiko was lying, but I bet the surviving cop will accept senpai’s theory that she was.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Ok, time for a few bad jokes.

Welp, I guess the detective (smokes cigarette) is already dead.

Also from that end-of-chapter-roster I guess everyone's on the table... figuratively, for now, but quite likely literally, later.

More on topic: I'm actually surprised that even little Ai is featured on the card, moreso than in Natsuki's case.
My guess is also that the empty/crossed out field is for the entity that killed the teacher back then (and probably at least Rina recently).

When the curse idea was first mentioned (as Tokiko cursing someone to death and paying with the lives of those around her) I had already thought that it might be actually the other way around and she's living "on borrowed time", that others are dying in her stead, so to speak. Like that teacher, for instance.

No no no. You get Natsuki off that card right this instant. Also, I'm assuming Rena is still alive. No body means no death, so she is probably the ninth picture. And since the body count is shooting up all of the sudden, I'm guessing the "murder curse" probably actually the grandpa's death. Maybe Rena killed him.

Rina's body is the one Tokiko identified, remember?

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh wow... damn.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Rina's body is the one Tokiko identified, remember?

Yeah, but we didn't see the corpse. We also didn't see the moment she died. She died offscreen. That implies she is still alive.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ we did see the corpse tho. Admittedly, I don’t think it looked much like her and suspect that she’s actually still alive myself, but the corpse Tokiko identified as Rina was shown to the audience back in ch. 9

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Hmm... at this point not even the deaths are interesting. The deaths at the start felt like set up that was leading us somewhere but so far its lead to nothing. No character arcs, no mystery with any connective tissue, hardly anything emotionally affecting. Just wheel spinning. Is there a story here? Our main character, the centerpiece to all this, hasn't done anything. She could be replaced with a vaguely creepy doll and nothing would change. Is there even a story here? I can't tell.
I'm gonna keep reading cause there's got to be something here at some point. Surely. Also unfollowing it takes, like, two clicks.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NATSUKI IS IN DANGER NOW Ç-Ç LET THE TOMBOY LIVE

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

^ we did see the corpse tho. Admittedly, I don’t think it looked much like her and suspect that she’s actually still alive myself, but the corpse Tokiko identified as Rina was shown to the audience back in ch. 9

There is a conspicuously empty space on the new murder chart that could fit a returning character. That body looked too fat to be Rina even with bloating...

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Death BINGO Round 1,Complete.

Death BINGO Round 2,Start.

Also,that was one helluva prank-revenge feud.

joined May 26, 2022

I read the whole manga and she's dead along with every Kurosu.
Don't expect any yuri or happy ending though. The ball was death's last fuck you to Tokiko before she did what she thought she had to do.

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

New chart new deaths less gooo idk who i wanna see die next but I can’t wait!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh good a new hit list

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So the initial list was setting up the deaths, and now the rest of the story will be racing to stop this killer before they kill everyone on the second list? If I had to guess at least, hopefully Natsuki doesn't bite it

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oooh... a new sheet of characters to cross out.

last edited at May 27, 2022 3:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.