Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^^ I read your post too, and was like BV too, I felt inadequate to answer because I don't have asperger's and don't know anyone with asperger's, and I honestly don't know how to advice someone who experiences panic attacks (as I've never had them). I feel with you though, I myself often feel isolated because of my illness and it's incredibly hard to manage to keep contact with those I hold dear because of it or develope connections. Based on your post, I definitely think some mental help would help, maybe a therapist?

And since you didn't want to post on the facebook timeline where family and friends could see, maybe you can join a facebook group that's focused on advice for those with Asperger's or those who have social anxiety? I'm in a facebook group with people who has the same illness as me, and people there have helped me countless of times and reassured me.

And for the thing about going outside, I think small steps are incredibly important. My doctor said that if my health feels better I shouldn't suddenly take a flight to Paris and start shopping, I should take one stairstep at a time. So everytime I overexert because my health feels better and I become bitter because my health wasn't as good as I thought and it's like i've reset to stage 1, remembering the doctor's advice helps me.

I wish you all the best!

last edited at Feb 16, 2020 8:40PM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^I gotcha. It sounded like you needed advice and not just venting in the deleted post, so I'm sorry if the advice wasn't needed OTL and I totally get you about small towns, in my town there's basically just a grocery store with almost nothing in it and a gas station. I have to get to the city that's 1 hour away to get more complicated ingredients or go to the library o)-(

And you're the expert of yourself of course but idk, having panic attacks sounds kinda serious. In the deleted post you talked about how it feels to go outside and stuff, and the reaction you have to it. I'm sorry if I'm assuming too much here since I'm definitely no medical professional...

Also, do you have any songs or artists you recommend? :D I've been listening to the same stuff over and over these last couple of days and getting tired of it

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^Thank you for the recs! :D

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Since you mentioned most of the music you listen to is instrumental, maybe I could recommend you to search Kevin MacLeod and MultiMusic (actually he recently changed his channel name to J.R.S. Schattenberg, but he will always remain MultiMusic to me) on YouTube. Both of them have many different genres of instrumental music on their channels. From relaxing to silly, from creepy to lively, from orchestral to cinematic, from scary to dance, from so on to so forth... My favourite piece of music, an epic action orchestral called Metus (which I've used in a video of my own) is, in fact, by Multi.

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 2:59PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

First Snow is a really lovely Emancipator song.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I have weirdly overlong middle and ring fingers on both my hands and it's inhibiting my ability to learn guitar and bass more than my general newbie ineptitude, and it's hella frustrating. Even my guitar teacher is all "whoa, in all my years I have never seen anyone with such wildly different finger lengths".

Yes yes insert your "lol lesbian with super long fingers" jokes but darn it this is really frustrating. D:<

Is it just me or are a lot of sites down recently? myanimelist was working on and off yesterday (and today), dynasty-scans wouldn't load yesterday, reddit isn't working today and also I heard a couple of other sites weren't working

joined Oct 22, 2018

Two Steps From Hell when making Impossible:
"So, which genre shall we make this music to be?"
"Yes."

But really tho, it's amazing. Like, they put epic, pirate, peaceful, wordly, rock, techno, epic vocalizations, metal rock ALL IN ONE PIECE OF MUSIC. Like, check it out guys!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTghUgMOeY

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I have weirdly overlong middle and ring fingers on both my hands and it's inhibiting my ability to learn guitar and bass more than my general newbie ineptitude, and it's hella frustrating. Even my guitar teacher is all "whoa, in all my years I have never seen anyone with such wildly different finger lengths".

Yes yes insert your "lol lesbian with super long fingers" jokes but darn it this is really frustrating. D:<

very long fingers like short stubby fingers can be a pain. my suggestion is just take your time and be patient. you're going to have to build up muscle memory until your fingers memorize how much they need to lift, bend or how long of a stride you need to use as you're changing cords.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

very long fingers like short stubby fingers can be a pain. my suggestion is just take your time and be patient. you're going to have to build up muscle memory until your fingers memorize how much they need to lift, bend or how long of a stride you need to use as you're changing cords.

Yessss I know and I guess I'm just frosted that of all the things in the world, having odd fingers is giving me grief. It's doubly annoying that I am hypermobile so my fingers try to lock out on the first knuckle (at the tips).

I mean... look! I never knew I was "weird" until now. https://i.imgur.com/VQYqK0n.jpg

It's mostly playing bass that is problematic, since my first finger is so much shorter than my middle. I can't quite get the strumming right and I may have to end up settling for being different and using my middle and ring finger.

joined Apr 15, 2011

Yessss I know and I guess I'm just frosted that of all the things in the world, having odd fingers is giving me grief. It's doubly annoying that I am hypermobile so my fingers try to lock out on the first knuckle (at the tips).

I mean... look! I never knew I was "weird" until now. https://i.imgur.com/VQYqK0n.jpg

It's mostly playing bass that is problematic, since my first finger is so much shorter than my middle. I can't quite get the strumming right and I may have to end up settling for being different and using my middle and ring finger.

I'm not even going to lie and say I understand what you're going through, but I do sympathize with you. for example, my issue is I'm severely left-handed and instead of learning to play my guitar normally, I went to the extreme of restringing it and learning finger charts in reverse so I could play it left-handed.

One question though. if you're having issues strumming, do you use a pick and it's an issue with holding your pick that's throwing you off or is it something else? I'm not sure I understand why strumming of all things would be a problem.

joined Jul 23, 2019

What's the deal with system disconnections, lately?
Every day, the whole website seems to be down for hours at a time...

Are you having technical problems or sumthing?

joined Apr 15, 2011

What's the deal with system disconnections, lately?
Every day, the whole website seems to be down for hours at a time...

Are you having technical problems or sumthing?

here's a reply about it.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/16531-why-does-dynasty-scans-keep-glitching-out

last edited at Feb 21, 2020 2:18AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

One question though. if you're having issues strumming, do you use a pick and it's an issue with holding your pick that's throwing you off or is it something else? I'm not sure I understand why strumming of all things would be a problem.

I use a pick for regular guitar, but not for bass, which is standard. Since typically bass is strummed with the first two fingers, and a certain way to produce the proper sound/results, I m having trouble because the lengths of my first two fingers are too disparate. Can't find a good hand position to accommodate it etc. so its frustrating.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Dynasty Reader: The site where the most important political debate, BOTH in late November AND in mid-late February is whether futanari can count as yuri. barely contains laughter while saying the following Way to politics, guys! laughs quietly for a few dozens of seconds. audibly chuckes for little over a second. suddenly falls silent remembering the hipocrisy, since, anarchist that he is, he just wants to redefine the very concept of politics.

last edited at Feb 21, 2020 6:02AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

As a matter of fact for Dynasty there is no debate to be made. https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/futanari as stated in the page

Should NOT be paired with the yuri tag unless a there is a relationship involving a yuri couple which is separate from the futanari.

last edited at Feb 21, 2020 6:21AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Anyways speaking of politics, here's something fun, controversial and brave to discuss:

My claim: The web is communist (not in the meaning most of you would atribute to the word communist, and, in the grand scheme of things, not a bad thing)
Evidence I have to support the claim: Most anything said in this video by Thought Slime

Discuss!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Just dropping some music I've been listening to. It's french, and it's rap!

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

@ ciega- Oh thank goodness. I thought that it was just me. I hope the connection issues get fixed...

@ Utopia- French and rap. I like listening to rap in other languages. Thanks for sharing.

joined Apr 15, 2011

I use a pick for regular guitar, but not for bass, which is standard. Since typically bass is strummed with the first two fingers, and a certain way to produce the proper sound/results, I m having trouble because the lengths of my first two fingers are too disparate. Can't find a good hand position to accommodate it etc. so its frustrating.

I've never had an interest to learn bass, so I did not know that. thanks for explaining. as for your original problem, gosh! I think i understand your frustration a tad more and now understand why you mentioned learning to play with your middle and ring fingers. all I can say is don't give up! i know you'll figure something out.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I sure do love music in my non-native tongue.

Thought Slime is a cinnamon roll (mostly).

And the site is still working through the whole night. On a weekend, no less. Amazing!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I've never had an interest to learn bass, so I did not know that. thanks for explaining. as for your original problem, gosh! I think i understand your frustration a tad more and now understand why you mentioned learning to play with your middle and ring fingers. all I can say is don't give up! i know you'll figure something out.

Thanks! I figure someone somewhere is cheering me on because the bass was a gift, and I'm low income so I couldn't buy a bass amp to go with it when I got it--but literally after my first bass lesson I stopped off at the local thrift store just as an employee set out a bass amp that looked dusty but new, for $20. lol. I had to resolder some leads and it behaves like new now too. :3

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I guess I should finish the maps showing in a simplified way how the Italian Wars occured and just start making the History of Aressia already, so I could get to the part talking about the warladies ASAP.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Heeeeeeeeey~ this is a bit (very) random but does anyone here uses Xfinity as internet provider? it's for a favor in a game... You see, they're giving away a kart in Crash team racing for people who use that company and I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEE the game (I'm trying to learn how to drift with blue fire) so it makes it one of the most rare kart you could ever get considering there's a time limit to get the code.

the code is of course free and you could find it in their website xfinity.com/crashteamracing if you have a contract with them of course.

I Was wondering if there's any chance someone here might have a spare code to give away for me... As a spanish speaker, that kart is impossible to get, in fact most of the world won't get it!!! and reddit is flooded with request already, it's a big Ooff I think.

Thanks in advance... I know, the chances are very low XP they should've put a code in Pringles or doritos idk.. it's cruel

last edited at Feb 23, 2020 3:21PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Heeeeeeeeey~ this is a bit (very) random but does anyone here uses Xfinity as internet provider? it's for a favor in a game... You see, they're giving away a kart in Crash team racing for people who use that company and I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEE the game (I'm trying to learn how to drift with blue fire) so it makes it one of the most rare kart you could ever get considering there's a time limit to get the code.

the code is of course free and you could find it in their website xfinity.com/crashteamracing if you have a contract with them of course.

I Was wondering if there's any chance someone here might have a spare code to give away for me... As a spanish speaker, that kart is impossible to get, in fact most of the world won't get it!!! and reddit is flooded with request already, it's a big Ooff I think.

Thanks in advance... I know, the chances are very low XP they should've put a code in Pringles or doritos idk.. it's cruel

I am both a current Xfinity user as well as a former employee. Lemme see what I can do...

Edit: Aight, I got the code. Well, the instructions to get the code. As soon as they email it to me. Email me at [redacted] or message me on FB: [redacted too, HA, you will NEVER find me!].

last edited at Feb 23, 2020 3:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.