Forum › Still Sick discussion

joined Apr 23, 2019

The only thing what Maekawa has as trouble with drawing manga is connection with abandonment of her father with work she loves to do. It was the shadow over her love for drawing, and she needed to find strength in herself to overcome it without help of others.

Shimizu is just a witness of her struggle.
Everyone experienced something similar as Maekawa. When something or someone "defile" what we keep holy for us, throwin a shadow over our light.
Then we need to find the strength in ourselves to keep the flame alive, keep us alive.
Don't give up.

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 2:04PM

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

Ealah Maekawa

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Uhu this manga is so good

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Glad I waited to read all 13 chapters at once.

Can't imagine enduring the pain you people did reading this slow burn.

Loved it :)

I did the exact same thing. I read chapter 1 and 2 as it came out and I immediately knew I would love this so I waited for around 7 months to pick it up again. It was completely worth it

I like waiting for these chapters to come out
The waits not agonizingly slow and everytime it releases I go, "Oh boy I get to expereince some really complicated feelings today!"

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Glad I waited to read all 13 chapters at once.

Can't imagine enduring the pain you people did reading this slow burn.

Loved it :)

I did the exact same thing. I read chapter 1 and 2 as it came out and I immediately knew I would love this so I waited for around 7 months to pick it up again. It was completely worth it

I like waiting for these chapters to come out
The waits not agonizingly slow and everytime it releases I go, "Oh boy I get to expereince some really complicated feelings today!"

Yup that why i love this kind of slow burn story so much it make your emotion went on a roller coaster. And the time between it just make it better, it let you/viewer to sit back and think about the situation before moving pass that state.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is too good

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Maekawa is such a handful but shes adorable

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

nice. i had to re-read this chapter.
Possibly not the best flow. Even for our lovely, partially messed up Maekawa. That almost felt a bit too much of a swing from emotion to emotion. Think I missed the obvious indicators that time passed between these seeming extremes cause I rushed my first reading of this chapter.

But an executive decision had to be made! Cast off those cluttered, clinging things like emotions. Manga done. Obviously that . . .solved all her . . .problems. Well! Good thing she is probably stuck with Shimizu for the company trip then!

Ah. the restraining order bit was good. what else can you do when Shimizu is apparently so damn lovable you lose your ability to art?!! Please understand. ^0^

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 3:48AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

can't wait, the raws look so good. but my japanese is not enough to even get the gist and this is one of the manga where the text definitely makes it even better.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Definitely one of the best stories I've read the past year. I really like the married couple vibes they give, and how their chemistry is built around that rather than sexual chemistry and angst (I like this too, it's just that there are way more stories for that)
Also from first reading it, I thought Maekawa was a bit of an ass, but on a second read you can see she's frustrated because Shimizu is also difficult in showing her emotions.
They both have problems expressing intimacy.
(Maekawa be like, I helped her admit she's gay only to go and flirt with another girl lmao)

Are chapters out every month?

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 6:38PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

can't wait, the raws look so good. but my japanese is not enough to even get the gist and this is one of the manga where the text definitely makes it even better.

I read the original manga that the author has published on his/her Pixiv which follows the exact same storyline except with a few things added in here and there. The main thing I notice is that this version is waaaaaaay more dramatic and angsty, Maekawa is a lot more complex in this version. Of course the art has also improved a lot.

Anyway I've read ahead and what's about to come looks pretty good. If the author goes at the same pace as the original one, this manga will be over in around 5 more chapters

Also..... I was right about Maekawa being in denial about liking another woman hehe

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 6:56PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

It is entered in a web manga contest:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-08-06/voting-opens-for-web-manga-general-election-2019/.149776

The voting site is all Japanese though...

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

It is entered in a web manga contest:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-08-06/voting-opens-for-web-manga-general-election-2019/.149776

The voting site is all Japanese though...

Ohhhh the list is pretty interesting, Onii-chan wa Oshimai is incredible funny, SPY x FAMILY is very interesting, The Way of the Househusband and Kawaii Dake Janai Shikimori-san seems pretty interesting and I love Still Sick ♥ it's a very great list, it will be a hard battle, even if I choose Still Sick because I really love this manga ;;
The photo whe you voted is very cute, indeed! And the manga that it has to its left it's also yuri :D is this one
huehuehue

last edited at Aug 12, 2019 8:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maekawa Ninja

Seriously... She heard everything and that was great hahaha, no one could ask for a better confession, I had a mix of laughing, Yaaaayyy-ing and Kyaaaaaaa-ing with that.

Funny how the author probably didn't know what to do having them both naked so close together so instead we had like one page of bath and the contact glasses thing and that's it! ... like......suuuuuuuure.

OR maybe, now that they'll talk, they can try a second time while they're still there and enjoy themselves.

last edited at Aug 14, 2019 10:09PM

joined Jul 26, 2016
  1. this fucking table tennis pose killed me
  2. Good Guy Kido
  3. Ninjakawa lmaoooooo
joined Aug 29, 2016

Let it begin. LET IT BEGIN
AHHHH COME ON MAEKAWA SPEAK YOUR MIND! YOU ARE A LESBIAN! LETS GO GAY

last edited at Aug 14, 2019 10:23PM

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

i remember praying to all gods "please don't make the bitch
hear all that don'tmakethebithhearallthayno" while reading it . happend anyway.
well whatever.

on 19 shimizu says "her" but as far as i remember she didn't specify the sex?
So i guess that's either a typo or the translator implied that the guy didn't hear it? I thought he did.

last edited at Aug 14, 2019 10:52PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

So i guess that's either a typo or the translator implied that the guy didn't hear it? I thought he did.

Japanese has gender-neutral pronouns, English doesn't.

Hqdefault%20(2)
joined Apr 5, 2018

Ughhhhh cliff hanger

joined Oct 27, 2018

Japanese has gender-neutral pronouns, English doesn't.

English has they/ them pronouns, which they actually use throughout the conversation, which is why the random "her" is so confusing.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

AhhhhHhhHhhHhh

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Useless lesbians not so useless anymore, eh?

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^There should be a crash course on communication for all useless lesbians in yuri manga

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was fantastic!
Kidoguchi is a treasure.
Could not be happier with Maekawa overhearing and her being right there, right then is par for the course with her peculiar-places-to-hanging-out habit. It surprised and cracked me up.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I was waiting for two weeks for this to update...!! Wish we had a lot more chapters that came out every week. It's so awesome but isn't it getting over in a few chapters?
Also I knew it would cut it there lol. This chapter felt shorter

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 2:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.