Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

If we were on the same place I would've kissed you on one cheek and than in the other cheek and then back on the first cheek.
I'm very Balkan.

... so I'm nort very "Balkanlike" because I tend not to kiss people much on the cheeks :D

and i'm sorry, I would have been able to help you in your search :)

some music ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmiJek_hi8

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

@BugDevil
Even though I'm aware what you said is true for you, I still think your reply to my "thank you" comment was the thing that made me laugh the most today. Although it is true that we Balkaners tend to be very close to family, friends and relatives.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm at my aunt's place, and I went over to check out a yuri manga (on this site of course, duh), when I had decided to check their fridge to drink some milk and maybe find some meat. However, my cousins' cat came, and was asking for some meat for himself, so, after taking some meat for myself, I gave some to him. However, because the meat in question is Budim sausage, which is rather fatty, he was having a hard time chewing it, so I was watching at him chewing it, and was so fricking hilarious, I wish I had filmed it and posted it on YouTube to link it here. Best laugh I had today.

EDIT:
My parents, brother and I actually came to visit my aunt's place because my uncle returned from Afghanistan a week prior, but we couldn't go the same day he returned or the day after, because my aunt got a contagious eye infection, so we had to wait until she recovered.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 3:58PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

LMAO got 'em

last edited at Apr 1, 2019 5:33AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Am doing one last check on the 6 Dynasty Reader tabs I left open (the YagaKimi, My Unrequited Love, A Room for Two and Dynasty Café threads, the images with the Pairing: NanohaxFate tag, and the Dynasty Reader main page) before I go to sleep, so I just wanted to wish everyone who's also going to sleep now a good night now, and everyone who isn't, I wish a good night in advance.
Good night.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I know Dynasty Reader is a yuri site, but I just couldn't resist the urge to post this het video here, for this sweet love story is too irresistible NOT to share.

A Kipchak Turk and a Western Iranian. Both living in the mighty Pamir mountains, overlooking the wide steppes of Central Asia. The strength of their will to protect the freedom of the steppes only overshadowed by the strength of their love for each other. They shared a lot of hardships together.

The Soviet oppression...
The collapse of USSR...
Two revolutions within the northern (Turkic) component of this couple...
The reminiscence about the everchanging World...
The restored Russian tsardom annexing the northern component of the couple and his northern brother...
The Russian tsardom collapsing and the Turk coming back...
The two of them being among the founding members of the Galacticist coalition...
Them unifying...
The Tashkent Pact VS Galacticist Coalition war, which featured the nuking of the southern (Iranic) component's capital...
The victory and triumph, and the new peace after the war...

Now, just like so many others, they left Earth to avoid the asteroid killing them, and are travelling together among the stars, reminiscing about the hardships they went through together.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 4:55PM

What.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

meow

That's too adorable. ♡ ♡ ♡

joined Oct 22, 2018

I know no one cares about this (and, honestly, you certainly shouldn't care about this), but I am (for the 4th time) doing self-punishment by being inactive on Dynasty Reader (unlike the first two times, but just like the 3rd time, by not allowing myself to enter Dynasty Reader in the first place), but unlike any of the previous self-punishments, I'm not doing this because of something bad I've done on Dynasty Reader, but because of something bad I've done IRL (namely, enter a tense argument with my patrelinial grandma), so, as of one minute after this post is made, I'll be out of Dynasty Reader for at least 3, and at most 15 days (I still am yet to decide how long I'll make the self-punishment). And before you ask "What sane person would punish themselves?!", I'll answer your question with another question.

When did I even say I'm sane?

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 5:00AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

And I’ve been asking myself for a while now about the possible coexistence of sanity and today’s world.. whatever ..

Anyway, Happy Easter to all who celebrate the holidays being it today or next week! ^_^ I hope you will enjoy some colorful and peaceful moments with loving and wonderful people!
Meow

joined Oct 22, 2018

Happy Easter!

joined Oct 22, 2018

WTF? The yuri genre's 100th birthday was a week ago (on the 26th April), and no one informed us?! Boo! Now we're all to late to wish a happy birthday now. sigh

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Happy Belated Birthday, Yuri Genre! May you live forever.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The Yuri genre in the modern sense was started around the late 60s... Thats not 100 years in any sense of the numerical system.

joined Oct 22, 2018

That's... when it started trully getting steam. I took my information from Zeria, who briefly mentioned this mangaka who made a yuri all the way back in 1919. That video in which she mentioned that was also the announcement of a series on the history of yuri, so, being both a yuri fan and a history buff, y'know I had to subscribe her just so I wouldn't miss that series (I forgot what's it called... something along the lines of "Yuri 101", or something? )

EDIT:
I'm currently just browsing through the 9 tabs of Dynasty Reader I have open at all times, so I'll find the video and link it here as soon as I'm done with that.

last edited at May 4, 2019 1:34PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That's... when it started trully getting steam. I took my information from Zeria, who briefly mentioned this mangaka who made a yuri all the way back in 1919. That video in which she mentioned that was also the announcement of a series on the history of yuri, so, being both a yuri fan and a history buff, y'know I had to subscribe her just so I wouldn't miss that series (I forgot what's it called... something along the lines of "Yuri 101", or something? )

Lesbians are a concept that outdates yuri... Just because someone in the early 20th century drew some lesbian art (or wrote some smutty literature about it) does not mean it can be considered Yuri. The Yuri genre very specifically was coined for manga.

last edited at May 4, 2019 1:37PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ K. But whatever, I found the vid I was referring to:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVbd3ujMgQE
Enjoy!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^ K. But whatever, I found the vid I was referring to:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVbd3ujMgQE
Enjoy!

Zeria said it right in the video. The true start of yuri was in the 70s (well I think late 60s is more accurate, but its not wrong). Sure, the foundation for it had to be laid by actual real lesbian progression and movements in the decades before it, but I wouldn't claim those as "Yuri".

Either way it can't be bad to get more educated on the lesbian movements in Japan across a century.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Well, though I kinda took a more hardline approach when it comes to my interpretation of it, I'll stay true to my democratic confederalist beliefs and value what you say as much as what I say (I mean, that's not unique to Democratic Confederalism, but still, it's part of what separates it from the other LibSoc ideologies)

last edited at May 4, 2019 4:10PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Your approach is actually less hardline if you water down what consistutes as yuri BV...
Your political orientation doesn't matter here either.

last edited at May 4, 2019 4:45PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Not that there would be any serious consequences of adding something that doesn't matter to the topic at hand when it's an off-topic discussion. Whatever, I have other threads on this site to catch up to.

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

Wow, just found this thread recently. Also, happy belated gay day!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Every day is Gay Day if you're gay enough.

joined Oct 22, 2018

What? Based on the contents of this site, I always thought that Dynasty Reader was one of those places where it's Gay Day every day.

To reply you must either login or sign up.