Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I have some issues with it (like some episodes are just plain boring or when episode doesn't focus on girls world is incomprehensible without playing games), but I agree there's some very gay stuff there. I'm not one to get hang on line between subtext and "actual" yuri and demand confirmation, but damn episode 7 was such disappointment. They had perfect set up to confirm it and make it canon, but then went with some pretty stupid joke instead. Sure, especially with that lewd ending, only people in huge denial can say there's nothing going on between girls, but still such a wasted opportunity, for series that supposedly don't give a fuck about self-insert otakus and waifus and can confirm whatever they want.

Hm, I can see how it could be boring sometimes. I guess if you don't get lost in the atmosphere sometimes you will feel like there is a lot of wasted space. As for the lore, I actually find it quite digestable, because it scratches the surface, but doesn't go in depth. It's all a bit exotic and a mystery which is nice in itself sometimes. The kind of wondrous feeling you get from seeing Hogwarts the first time in HP lol

Yeah well, as someone who has been tortured by subtext for so many years, I actually feel this one is much more blatant about it. Episode 7 ended with them blushing and holding hands while talking about getting wet. I just don't see how "friends" would ever act this way and therefore we know their crushes are real. Of course not confessing or acting on it is standard for most romance anime.

Definitely hope they will have the courage to actually make it a solid relationship (by that I mean the writers and director, not the girls lol). Considering this is supposedly a prequel to the events in the game though and they are technically not lovers in that... Nah, that makes no sense. They are way gayer here, so its not even feasible to transition into the game's status quo anymore.

Why did I read that as Marinara Friends?

Sounds tasty. The funny thing is, the title should actually be "Mysteria Friends", but for some reason the official title was changed.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Holy fuck, I just remembered about something crazy. I used to play Shadowverse which is CCG made by Cygames and they often make tie-in cards with characters from their other proprieties like Shingeki no Bahamut and Granblue Fantasy. I of course didn't know any. In their new (back then anyway) set Rise of Bahamut, they added 2 cards, which now makes much more sense to me:

Normal
Evolved

Normal
Evolved

The kicker? They're the only 2 cards in entire game (well at that point anyway, but I doubt they made new cards with the same gimmick) that summon each other. Whenever you put one into play, it automatically summons the other and evolves it. So they're pretty much a set, you always summon together. And they reference each other in their quotes. Already back then I got pretty much couple vibe from them, but I had no idea it was running so deep.

Summoning: "What you wanna do today, Grea?"
Evolving: "Grea, we can do this together."

Summoning: "Anne, help me out."
Evolving: "Anne, calm down already."
Attacking in evolved form: "No one hurts Grea, no one."

Couldn't find video where they play Anne.

(Yes, I just installed game again just to confirm quotes, because no wiki had them. Had to create cards, since I didn't own them, but luckily I had some mats laying around. Would burn some of my cards otherwise. The things you do for the sake of yuri!)

last edited at Mar 10, 2019 2:15PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Now it's my time to be disappointed. Episode 8... why do you do this to us?
When I heard the episode would be about a stage play I already knew right away that Anne would be the prince and Grea the princess. So far so good. But this was the ultimate opportunity to have them share a kiss under the pretense of the play! Instead they didn't actually show the play at all! This was a no brainer director, how could you betray us?
Hanna's song was really beautiful at least.

Holy fuck, I just remembered about something crazy. I used to play Shadowverse which is CCG made by Cygames and they often make tie-in cards with characters from their other proprieties like Shingeki no Bahamut and Granblue Fantasy. I of course didn't know any. In their new (back then anyway) set Rise of Bahamut, they added 2 cards, which now makes much more sense to me:

Normal
Evolved

Normal
Evolved

The kicker? They're the only 2 cards in entire game (well at that point anyway, but I doubt they made new cards with the same gimmick) that summon each other. Whenever you put one into play, it automatically summons the other and evolves it. So they're pretty much a set, you always summon together. And they reference each other in their quotes. Already back then I got pretty much couple vibe from them, but I had no idea it was running so deep.

Summoning: "What you wanna do today, Grea?"
Evolving: "Grea, we can do this together."

Summoning: "Anne, help me out."
Evolving: "Anne, calm down already."
Attacking in evolved form: "No one hurts Grea, no one."

Couldn't find video where they play Anne.

(Yes, I just installed game again just to confirm quotes, because no wiki had them. Had to create cards, since I didn't own them, but luckily I had some mats laying around. Would burn some of my cards otherwise. The things you do for the sake of yuri!)

Yes, I looked that up on the Shadowverse and Granblue wikis as well! lol
Its true their quotes and banter aren't written down there. Thanks for sharing! ^3^

Those English voices though haha

EDIT: Here is the Intro event for Anne in Granblue btw.
https://gbf.wiki/Anne/Lore#Intro
I might have been wrong, this is pretty damn gay. This actually implies that they have sleepovers regularly and are totally comfortable with snuggling up each night. fans self

Also Anne's profile:

Grea's profile:

last edited at Mar 10, 2019 3:59PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm two day late, but... thank you all for these posts. I'm considering checking the animation out.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

I played game with english voices, so I actually prefer them. Also it helped that dub for the most part was solid. Hearing Grea's and Anne's voice now, I was surprised how very similar they're to their japanese counterparts.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm two day late, but... thank you all for these posts. I'm considering checking the animation out.

Do it. in Senator Palpatine's voice

BugDevil posted:

I played game with english voices, so I actually prefer them. Also it helped that dub for the most part was solid. Hearing Grea's and Anne's voice now, I was surprised how very similar they're to their japanese counterparts.

Well, I will say that they are probably the closest "equivalent" to the Japanese voices, though certainly not similar in intonation. I don't think English Anne catches her bubbliness very well, if that makes sense.

joined Mar 12, 2019

Hi yall, I’m pretty new to the site and am an avid reader of yuri and shoujo-ai manga. I’m a femme lesbian from the West Coast. Hope we all get along

joined Oct 22, 2018

Hi yall, I’m pretty new to the site and am an avid reader of yuri and shoujo-ai manga. I’m a femme lesbian from the West Coast. Hope we all get along

Just a heads up from something I learned from my own experience: the term shoujo-ai is almost universally used by newbies on this site. I kinda learned that the hard way. It's still fresh in my memory, since I joined this site last autumn. (Was it late September? Early October? Mid October?).
So, uhh, just giving you a heads up so you'd not get the same kind of embarrassment like I did.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Do it. in Senator Palpatine's voice

Oh, so you're also into prequel memes?
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hiyo, I'm some random internet person who avidly reads yuri too.
BV is right, Shoujo Ai is a made up term, but more importantly, nice to have ya here~

Hello there.

Sleepyhead. You replied to the post that came after mine first somehow. lol
And I'm into anything that can't escape me. Uh.... meme wise of course.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Hello there.

General Kenobi!

Sleepyhead. You replied to the post that came after mine first somehow. lol

Sorry, lol.

And I'm into anything that can't escape me. Uh.... meme wise of course.

Understandable, have a great day.

joined Oct 22, 2018

When you check the same 4 threads on Dynasty Reader several times a day, but don't make posts
Lurker 100

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

[what the...]

I got some lilies for my house today, they smell great. I hope I don't accidentally murder them...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

[what the...]

I got some lilies for my house today, they smell great. I hope I don't accidentally murder them...

What type of lillies?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm not a botanist, and I'm partly rarted so I did a quick google and they are called "Stargazer".
10/10 will buy more.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm not a botanist, and I'm partly rarted so I did a quick google and they are called "Stargazer".
10/10 will buy more.

Because of this, I'ma google "Stargazer lily" as soon as I finish browsing through the fanarts to "A Room for Two".

joined Oct 22, 2018

Holy shit, now that's what I call one gorgeous flower!

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 2:24PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Beautiful and quite fragrant, and toxic to cats!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Better hide under the sofa then dear kitty.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

meow

Anyway, spring is finally back to strike against the shield of winter! yeey

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 11:05AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Anyways guys... I'm about to make the weirdest plea for help in all of history.
So, uhh... About a month ago, I watched a video of Zeria's, which was little over a year old by that point. It was about the NanohaxFate ship in the Nanoha franchise. I have, over the recent weeks, visited the fanarts with the Pairing: NanohaxFate tag, as well as the comments to them. Now, I want to read (and, depending whether it proves necessary or not and, even if it doesn't, if I feel like it, watch) the entire franchise, but I don't know with which manga (or anime) should I start. I want the story to make as much sense to me as it possibly can, so I wanna read (and, maybe (I can't bother repeating the same bracketed text from before again) watch) in chronological order...
So, uhh... if you can spare your time to give me the titles in the order I'm asking for, that'd be really nice, and I'd feel eternally and infinitely grateful.
Thank you for reading this, and thank you in advance for the titles (if you bother giving them).

EDIT:
The last sentence ended up a lot funnier than initially intended.

EDIT:
And before you ask:
Yes, I did try a google search for the franchise (in fact, even before looking for the fanarts) and failed finding what I was looking for.
Yes, I did try finding some manga here, and I did, but I didn't know with which to start, and I was sure I didn't find the entire franchise (more specifically, the earlier parts) in the first place.
No, I don't know when the franchise began, but I assume that the franchise is about as old as me or my cousin Aleksa.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 1:54PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
joined Oct 22, 2018

@BV https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_(series)
Wikipedia-sensei is your friend.

Holy.
Effing.
Shit.
Mate.
Thank you so much.
If we were on the same place I would've kissed you on one cheek and than in the other cheek and then back on the first cheek.
I'm very Balkan.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Never have I been more glad that there is a computer screen and who knows how many hundred kilometers of electric wiring between us.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

For detailed manga series breakups mangaupdates is very useful. For anime aniDB has a very nice relation feature (click on relation) that shows everything as a graph.

Just for the cases that have wiki fail.

To reply you must either login or sign up.