Forum › The Nice Neighborhood Lady ch01 discussion

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It should be “Onee-san and I are dating”, not “Onee-san and me”.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

A crime is a crime no matter how cutely drawn it is. And no matter how beautiful the woman is, a predator is a predator. Period.

We better start rounding up Nintendo's staff, Yoshi's tax fraud spree stops now.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Diadetak posted:

A crime is a crime no matter how cutely drawn it is. And no matter how beautiful the woman is, a predator is a predator. Period.

And no matter how realistic fiction is, it is still fiction.

last edited at Jul 14, 2018 6:59PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I think what struck a chord was how disturbingly realistic it is(it ticks oh so many boxes seen in real child abuse cases far too cleanly). This would probably be less controversial if it were more fantastic(eg, a firm indication that the kid started it unprompted).

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Diadetak posted:

And no matter how realistic fiction is, it is still fiction.

Unless you're Will Ferrell in that one movis where a voice is telling him about how he's going to die from the sky.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think what struck a chord was how disturbingly realistic it is(it ticks oh so many boxes seen in real child abuse cases far too cleanly). This would probably be less controversial if it were more fantastic(eg, a firm indication that the kid started it unprompted).

Well, the oneeloli genre is inherently problematic anyway (like teacher-student, most age-gap, and incest genres, among many others), and Itou Hachi has a real knack for visuals that are overwhelmingly cute without (for me, anyway) tipping over into being cloying and cutesy.

So the drawing style tends to evoke from readers an almost involuntary approval of the characters and scenes that are being presented, whatever they may be. Then when we stop to think about exactly what’s going on, the cognitive dissonance can create a kind of readerly guilt for finding something that is so disturbing in real life so adorable in fiction.

Hence the perennial cadre of people dropping into discussion forums for every oneeloli manga proclaiming, “Pedophilia is NOT OK!” as if they’re presenting new information that no one has ever considered before.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

It should be “Onee-san and I are dating”, not “Onee-san and me”.

it feels more appropriate for the character to say "oneesan and me" in part because it's not fully grammatically correct

since she's a little kid and all

joined Oct 26, 2016

Uhh, I'm pretty sure nobody here is saying that predators are ok, it's just that fictional characters are, you know, fictional? The story is not trying to make a point or trying to convince anyone of anything so you don't have to treat it so seriously. If it offends you don't read it. You don't go to every story with rape, murder, theft, etc... and complain that the character is the worst criminal ever.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Lolice, you're under arrest!

Itou Hachi's stories are too wholesome for me to hate them, though.

joined May 24, 2014

Ah, yes, it's time for my daily dose of "people on Dynasty get mad that Itou Hachi draws oneeloli".

Never fails to satisfy!

I know, and that's one of the many reasons this forum is 4chan /u/'s laughing stock.

joined Dec 28, 2016

....pedo....

Just call it as it is. Lady is grooming and sexually using a young kid for pleasure. That's a child molester and a criminal.

So negative. People need to bring "suspension of disbelief" to fiction more often.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Pedophiles need to be gassed and their worthless corpse mulched into compost. There is no excuse or valid reasoning to go after a child. There needs to be death camps for these people.

Go away and never come back please. Your type doesn't belong on these forums.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 2:23AM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Ah, yes, it's time for my daily dose of "people on Dynasty get mad that Itou Hachi draws oneeloli".

Never fails to satisfy!

I know, and that's one of the many reasons this forum is 4chan /u/'s laughing stock.

I love this one heartily and none give a crap about me :(

Well,people tend to focus on negative responses anyway.

2014-09-21_222632
joined May 11, 2014

wee woo wee woo.....

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

Imagine going on the internet and believing people care about your negative opinions

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Fyi, it's missing the last page https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=69677032

Translation of the last page from right-to-left:
'Fufu... Oto-chan's mouth is very sweet'
'I can't wait for Oto-chan to finish your cake so I kissed you'
'Aa'
'Umm, if we're going to do "that"... It's okay after I finish my cake'
'It's okay?'

Well now! That pretty much removes the 'just kissing' scenario doesn't it!
Lovely art, most of it would be innocent fun if not for the knowledge of what was going on... some is straight-up naughty tho! Lolz! Thanks for that link!

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Figured I'd try my hand at typesetting for the missing half-page using the translation provided here.

https://puu.sh/AXDyj/cdd7dfa204.png

Then decided I'd translate a page that isn't in the Pixiv collection but features these two and is easy to translate.

https://puu.sh/AXCRp/e70788f10a.jpg

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 8:37PM

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

nagas posted:

Fyi, it's missing the last page https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=69677032

Translation of the last page from right-to-left:
'Fufu... Oto-chan's mouth is very sweet'
'I can't wait for Oto-chan to finish your cake so I kissed you'
'Aa'
'Umm, if we're going to do "that"... It's okay after I finish my cake'
'It's okay?'

VivianGames posted:

Figured I'd try my hand at typesetting for the missing half-page using the translation provided here.

https://puu.sh/AXDyj/cdd7dfa204.png

Then decided I'd translate a page that isn't in the Pixiv collection but features these two and is easy to translate.

https://puu.sh/AXCRp/e70788f10a.jpg

Thank you this is the fluffy stuff the comment section needs but doesn't deserve

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 9:32PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Honest question, which do you think is worse? Pedophilia being carried out by an adult woman preying on the neighbor child? Or mass animal cruelty, delinquency and ecology destruction caused by a plumber?

Personally, I would say that both is as bad, but thankfully we don't have to worry about the immorality of either with them being fictional.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Honest question, which do you think is worse? Pedophilia being carried out by an adult woman preying on the neighbor child? Or mass animal cruelty, delinquency and ecology destruction caused by a plumber?

Personally, I would say that both is as bad, but thankfully we don't have to worry about the immorality of either with them being fictional.

QFT! People really need to learn to be able to separate fiction from reality.

BlazingSeraph
Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

Pretty sure the people who are uncomfortable with it realize that pedophilia happens a lot more than you think and having something be so blatant after how tame Itou Hachi usually is just breaks the illusion they've been going for in their past works. Also like, holy shit Itou has just been making the kids younger and younger, like bruh wtf even.

joined Dec 10, 2014

Pretty sure the people who are uncomfortable with it realize that pedophilia happens a lot more than you think and having something be so blatant after how tame Itou Hachi usually is just breaks the illusion they've been going for in their past works. Also like, holy shit Itou has just been making the kids younger and younger, like bruh wtf even.

Otone-chan seems to be about the same age as Mel to be honest.

Also this particular thing is less explicit than some of the Mel stuff.

It's still fine to be uncomfortable and bothered tho.

It's just not an issue anyone is gonna convince anybody about either way, because it basically boils down to, "How much does this kind of media affect people and in what ways?" Media does affect people, but I'm unsure to how much this kind of media has an affect, and arguing about things is emotionally exhausting.

Vent if you want. That's fine. Just know that arguing about it is unproductive.

51%20piyo%20icon%202
joined Jul 23, 2016

When I saw this on their Twitter (and the other posts with the same couple), I actually thought "Seriously..?!" and got worried coz I didn't want the artist to go to jail or something lol

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

When I saw this on their Twitter (and the other posts with the same couple), I actually thought "Seriously..?!" and got worried coz I didn't want the artist to go to jail or something lol

Don't worry, there's no doubt a "All characters involved are 18 years old or above" disclaimer somewhere.

I mean, it's obvious. How anyone can think this is loli is beyond me. Clearly both characters involved are adults. Can't be any other way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.