Forum › I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up discussion

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

Em, you clearly didn't read NTR then. It has happy ending. All Kodoma stories have happy endings or at least couple is together at the end. She just like making the path to that ending as full of drama as possible. In short people who complains about Kodoma's endings actually never finished any of her stories and simply complains about her drama.

And people are really overreacting. Sure you could say ex is a bit cliche, but so far I'd say this story is really fresh and drama introduced is pretty natural. It all depends on how Kodoma will execute that drama.

i know NTR have a good ending. all i say is that this one is going to have an unsatisfying end like almost kodama naoko's work. indeed lot's of her stories have happy endings but lots of those ending feel really... how can i put that, well you are not sure if this will last. lots of naoko's couple seams insecure for some of those as if it won't last in the future. plus, suppose indeed the two characters ends up together, but beetween that time the MC married some random guy, have kids, divorced and realised she loves the other girl. i personally wouldn't be satisfied by such an ending because she would already have wasted time with a guy and even have kids before she realises. <= it's an exemple i seriously hope that won't happen. but i admit you're right it depends on how the drama will be executed... and... i don't trust that at all. having a happy ending don't mean it will be a satisfaying one and for this one i think i'll be desapointed like most of kodama's works (not all but most of them.i have still hope for this one. but reaaaally small hope.)

last edited at Jun 5, 2018 8:19AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Saw the Mom and possible ex
The only thing that came to mind was :
'Be gone Thot(s)'

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Date man is a mistake specially when they are faceless.

joined Mar 13, 2016

Em, you clearly didn't read NTR then. It has happy ending. All Kodoma stories have happy endings or at least couple is together at the end. She just like making the path to that ending as full of drama as possible. In short people who complains about Kodoma's endings actually never finished any of her stories and simply complains about her drama.

Forgot Cocytus much?
and just because it has a "happy ending" , doesnt mean the ride for that small amount of happiness is worth it most of the time in Kodama's works. especially something as long as NTR

last edited at Jun 5, 2018 8:57AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

koyuki posted:

Forgot Cocytus much?

If you are talking about first story, it didn't have happy ending per se, but it wasn't bad either. It was realistic ending and pretty much confirmed they will become a couple, but will have some hardships before them. I really enjoyed that story.

and just because it has a "happy ending" , doesnt mean the ride for that small amount of happiness is worth it most of the time in Kodama's works. especially something as long as NTR

I never said it was. I totally understand people complaining about drama in Kodama works and that endings are not always all fluffy and promise good things to come. I'm not fan of forced and pointless drama myself. My issue is with people complaining how Kodama's stories never end well, when in fact they do, just getting there is not always satisfying. If that is not your cup of tea, you can simply not read it. I don't understand why some many people complain about their every single work before even reading it, saying how they are shitty writer, it is not worth reading their stories etc, but then they go and read them anyway and complain again about how shitty it was and how not worth it it were. Every single new release. I'm confused w/e they are masochists or Kodama fans in denial, or both.

last edited at Jun 5, 2018 12:07PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Everyone wants to read about happy lesbians, not about depressed lesbians.

Though there are more of the latter.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm fine with depressed lesbians, but while it's kinda easy to ignore the occasional cliché plot for some random happy-go-lucky plot, I need more nuanced storytelling to handle more serious matters. And when tropes like "the evil ex" pop up ... lots of alarm-bells starts ringing regarding stereotypical rubbish, where every character acts like an idiot ... now, maybe this won't happen here; it's quite possible. But I'm a bit skeptical.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I personally find predictive lamenting about what has not yet happened in serial narratives to be a misuse of emotional energy, preferring to wait to lament until something actually happens that deserves lamenting. But some people obviously find it rewarding in some way that I don’t quite understand.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I really love how the characters look in this series. Including that new girl at the end. I just hope it doesn't get too dark - I'm loving this style and I think Kodama had her fair share of darker mangas already. But welp, hoping for the best.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But some people obviously find it rewarding in some way that I don’t quite understand.

I enjoy positive surprises and dislike disappointments, which imo explains it all. ^^

joined Mar 13, 2016

If you are talking about first story, it didn't have happy ending per se, but it wasn't bad either. It was realistic ending and pretty much confirmed they will become a couple, but will have some hardships before them. I really enjoyed that story.

sorry , meant the 2nd one, 1st part was actually very good, personally my favorite from kodama

I never said it was. I totally understand people complaining about drama in Kodama works and that endings are not always all fluffy and promise good things to come. I'm not fan of forced and pointless drama myself. My issue is with people complaining how Kodama's stories never end well, when in fact they do, just getting there is not always satisfying. If that is not your cup of tea, you can simply not read it. I don't understand why some many people complain about her every single work before even reading it, saying how they are shitty writer, it is not worth reading their stories etc, but then they go and read them anyway and complain again about how shitty it was and how not worth it it were. Every single new release. I'm confused w/e they are masochists or Kodama fans in denial, or both.

well Kodama has gorgeous art, so it catches your eye and yuri fans cant be choosers kinda

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This is way better than NTR. I respect Kodama a little more for now.
Btw, as far as I know, next chapter is the last. Or at least it's a short series. So the drama won't go far.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

These lead characters are still pretty interesting. I don't mind drama if it's well done but the return of a ex is incredibly boring. As long as the leads stay interesting, I will just let my brain sleep until that part plays out. If something else bugs me I will probably just drop this.

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well... here's hoping it's a "earn your happy ending" sort of story where, after a period of struggle and drama, the main couple manages to resolve their issues and live happily with each other.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

This author doesn't really human well.

NiccoloPaganini
joined May 25, 2018

seriously ?!! what kind of disgusting reasoning is that?! "she's going to get married become pregnant and quit" so give her big task becuase she's just a breeding cow to be??? am i the only one who got mad a this sexist way of thinking?

welcome to asian culture

i knew they treat women like shit in asian countries but god!! that still hurt!

Such high intellect. Generalization coming from fiction as source. Please tell me how to get as intelligent as you

last edited at Jun 5, 2018 5:18PM

NiccoloPaganini
joined May 25, 2018

Controlling Asian mother shows up.

Ex-girlfriend shows up.

Drama incoming.

Also, the whole "once she gets a kid, she'll be a useless burden and quit" thing is not exclusive to Japan.

Even Germany is still like that: a woman is expected to take care of her child at home or she's branded "a bad mother". No need to even ask the father to "sacrifice" his career instead.

In France, mothers have a paid 3 months maternity leave and a guarantee, by law, to have their job back. But hey, socialized healthcare. Damn commies.

What is with all you people saying stuff like "Omg! expected to take care of her child at home! Bullshit!!". Do you guys even know of developmental psychology? Of Erik H. Erikson, Margaret Mahler, Daniel Stern and so on? The motherly contact and constant care is NEEDED, otherwise the child will have psychological and neurotic problems- Why do people keep giving their opinion without knowing anything. The child needs the mother. Since the mother can not bring her child to work 24/7, she has to stay at home until the child is old enough, which is about 18 months. Why is everything female oppression to people like you... Understand that sometimes there is a reason behind things like these. If you are not willing to sacrifice, then don't have a fucking child. Jeez

last edited at Jun 5, 2018 5:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Since the mother can not bring her child to work 24/7, she has to stay at home until the child is old enough

Fortunately, most job hours are not 24/7.

joined Feb 1, 2013

This honestly isn't as bad as some of the comment would suggest. It IS kind of dumb, but it's interesting enough so far to keep me hooked for the near future. I particularly liked the bit at the end of ch2 where the Senpai asks to be put on the one project that the a-hole said she wasn't good for- because, y'know, the end point for women is having babies (sigh). Still, I guess there has to be a-holes like that still around- I mean, they're part of reason we have President Trump...

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Ex-girlfriend shows up.

Drama incoming.

Also, the whole "once she gets a kid, she'll be a useless burden and quit" thing is not exclusive to Japan.

Even Germany is still like that: a woman is expected to take care of her child at home or she's branded "a bad mother". No need to even ask the father to "sacrifice" his career instead.

In France, mothers have a paid 3 months maternity leave and a guarantee, by law, to have their job back. But hey, socialized healthcare. Damn commies.

What is with all you people saying stuff like "Omg! expected to take care of her child at home! Bullshit!!". Do you guys even know of developmental psychology? Of Erik H. Erikson, Margaret Mahler, Daniel Stern and so on? The motherly contact and constant care is NEEDED, otherwise the child will have psychological and neurotic problems- Why do people keep giving their opinion without knowing anything. The child needs the mother. Since the mother can not bring her child to work 24/7, she has to stay at home until the child is old enough, which is about 18 months. Why is everything female oppression to people like you... Understand that sometimes there is a reason behind things like these. If you are not willing to sacrifice, then don't have a fucking child. Jeez

If you work 24/7, you should really quit your job, regardless of your gender.
Whatever you say about psychology, fact is that all kids I know who were born in families where the mother worked ended up growing just fine as healthy and happy people. The mother also doesn't need to be 24/7 talking to the child, either. And most of the time when there's negligence, it has nothing to do with work.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Interestingly, countries that enact laws requiring paid parental leave often see increased wage inequality and more women getting stuck in low level jobs. See http://www.nber.org/papers/w18702.

In theory these laws are gender-neutral, but in practice women are far more likely to take advantage of parental leave than men, and companies conclude that female employees are simply less productive on average, since more of them will take time off or draw wages without working. So even if the laws increase the number of women in the workforce by making it easier for mothers to keep their jobs, they reduce the number of women getting promoted to positions of responsibility and lead to a reduction in starting wages for women compared to men. Because of existing prejudice and unequal social structures, even laws intended to promote equality can backfire.

This is one of the reasons that countries with generous parental leave policies have higher rates of workforce participation among women, but also have lower rates of women in full-time, managerial, or professional positions. This manga provides an illustration of how that works: even though Japan offers a year of paid parental leave to men and women after the birth of a child, basically no fathers take advantage of this policy while a significant number of mothers do. Thus promoting a woman of child-bearing age is a big risk compared with promoting a man, since she will be far more likely to leave the company for a long period of time, or simply quit and never come back.

joined Jul 26, 2016

*raises hand*

Can confirm as the child of a single working mother.

NiccoloPaganini
joined May 25, 2018

Ex-girlfriend shows up.

Drama incoming.

If you work 24/7, you should really quit your job, regardless of your gender.
Whatever you say about psychology, fact is that all kids I know who were born in families where the mother worked ended up growing just fine as healthy and happy people. The mother also doesn't need to be 24/7 talking to the child, either. And most of the time when there's negligence, it has nothing to do with work.

We both know I don't actually mean 24/7 lel. Fact is what I said. If the mother did not take care of them, who did? The father? There are differences between people. There is a thing called "Dandelion Child" which basically says, that genetically, the kid as an individual is more resilient to such problems. There is also a thing called "risk and resilience" where the child can find help in form of its own resilience and help from the environment it lives in. Would literally take me 300 pages to explain everything, but trust me, I know what I am talking about when saying that children need constant care and affection, and that the mother is necessary. I would love to show you a pic of the 1500 page psychology book I had to go through, but I don't know how hahahaha.

joined Jul 26, 2016

If the mother did not take care of them, who did? The father?

I fail to see the problem?

There are differences between people.

You don't say.

-- when saying that children need constant care and affection,

When they're like one year old, sure. But after they stop being totally helpless little larva kindergartens exist for a reason.

and that the mother is necessary.

Pretty sure there's no shortage of single fathers in the world who'd dispute that. Or psychologists for that matter, since parenting does not automagically equal mother (or vise versa).

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

If the mother did not take care of them, who did? The father?

I fail to see the problem?

There are differences between people.

You don't say.

-- when saying that children need constant care and affection,

When they're like one year old, sure. But after they stop being totally helpless little larva kindergartens exist for a reason.

and that the mother is necessary.

Pretty sure there's no shortage of single fathers in the world who'd dispute that. Or psychologists for that matter, since parenting does not automagically equal mother (or vise versa).

Also grandparents, brothers or sisters, etc.
Hell, if biological mother was that necessary, adoption wouldn't exist. Once the kid lost the mother, their life was over.
Care and attention for children is important, and that can be give in several different ways.

To reply you must either login or sign up.