Forum › Fragtime discussion

joined Dec 29, 2013

Uh... Yes. There is basically no texture in her hair, the lines are less defined, and the gradient tones are gone. And whether you like the old art more or not does not really effect how much it's changed.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@csx - well like I said. it's an opinion and not at all technical. however, thanks for pointing out the changes and now that you mentioned it, i can see/understand what you are talking about.

do you think the change in art was done to emphasize changes in Moritani?

on a different note, I have a general question for everyone... why isn't Murakami subject to the effects of time stoppage? Was she ever affected by it? I know this was partially addressed in the story, but something doesn't make sense. The first time Moritani lifted Murakami's skirt, Murakami was not affected. Why?

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

on a different note, I have a general question for everyone... why isn't Murakami subject to the effects of time stoppage? Was she ever affected by it? I know this was partially addressed in the story, but something doesn't make sense. The first time Moritani lifted Murakami's skirt, Murakami was not affected. Why?

If memory serves me right, maybe Murakami has been affected. And to the skirt-lifting well, perhaps she decided to just not move? I mean, Murakami knew that Time-stop girl lifted the former's skirt and all...

Tell me if I am misunderstanding your question since I'm kinda doubting myself.

joined Dec 29, 2013

do you think the change in art was done to emphasize changes in Moritani?

No, I think it was due to lack of initial effort on the authors part. Flag Time was his first work and probably didn't expect it to go so well. Side Note: The author has also started doing more yuri works.

why isn't Murakami subject to the effects of time stoppage

The obvious cliché reason is that it's because Moritani likes her. The whole "Love at first site" deal, and that lead to her not being effected after Moritani became aware of her. We'll never get a clear cut answer as to why because it's just not that type of series. "Magic" is the best explanation you're going to get.

She also obviously must have been effected by it prior to that point because other wise she would have been going through her whole life randomly getting everything around her frozen for three minutes. And something that major probably would have been mentioned.

joined Aug 24, 2013

Sooo.., I've had this crazy idea but it made me a bit sad.
Rereading first few chapters made doubt it though.
Ok here goes:
Murakami (the black haired not affected by time stop girl) do not exist. She exists in Moritami's subconsciousness. And started to manifest herself when Moritami's habit of avoiding everyone and everything went over board. Also time-stop thing is also non existent. It's just in Moritami's head. She's so afraid of people and loud companies and attention to herself she just run away from everything, but she fantasize it as time stopping trick and wander around. The ending with this setup is clear now. Her time stopping "skill" will fade as existence of Murakami. Example: she'll come to the address of Murakami only to found someone else's home or nothing at all. When she'll ask her classmates about Murakami, they'll ask "who's that?" At this time she'll be okay with company of other people and can converse normally and won't stop time at all (because 1. She won't be able to; 2. She won't need to).
A bit sad... :S

...buuuut, as I said in the beginning - rereading first chapters I found that some people addressed Murakami personally. Also she had contact with material things and manipulated them (which would be impossible if she was a "fantasy").
But still it can end like I said before and we'd have a some stupid explanation that Moritani had some crazy schizophrenia and somehow got cured.
Meh... all mood ruined :S

last edited at Jan 27, 2014 11:08AM

Marty
joined Dec 30, 2013

This was amazing. I really like supernatural stories and I think we should upload lots more cx
Really hope they don't drop or abandon this ;_;
-Wakabayashi-

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hmm well a way to look at murakami not getting affected would be, moritani stops time to run away from her situations right? but then she develops an interest in murakami. obviously being interested in her would make her want to get closer to her, be with her, etc. that would be quite the opposite to wanting to run away, thus the effect stopped working on her? just a thought. awesome manga though lol

Toki
joined Jan 30, 2014

Somehow, I'm a bit scared how the story goes coz it seems getting dark along the way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So i'm not the only one expecting for things to go horribly wrong then? Moritani's really vulnerable as person and there's something really off about Murakami.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Yo. I really hope this doesn't go all tragic or sad on me.
I will be sorely disappointed and will in fact cry.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

@namza - I will love this series tenfold if your made-up story idea is where this will lead on.

MinakoReiNanoFate
joined Jan 2, 2014

Well here goes my little humble theory...
By the way I'm all Citrus and NanoFate stuff, but I like this story very much....
I don't think Moritani is losing her power to stop time, I think that maybe time is taking back what she took?
That power of hers has to have some consequences.

K-on2
joined Nov 20, 2013

i agree with everyone whose said that hte reason she loosing her powers is because she is becoming sociable now, becuase the reason she have her powers was becuase she always want to run away if someone in her class tries to talk to her. marakami changed her life.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Moritani sometimes makes me wanna smash my head against the wall until I can no longer move.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Moritani sometimes makes me wanna smash my head against the wall until I can no longer move.

Lol I agree. She needs to have more confidence in herself.. Her inability to explain her feelings to Murakami is frustrating. If she's so worried about losing their time together why doesn't she just ask her to hang out after school? Right now they don't even feel that close..

I also agree with the theory her time stopping powers are metaphoric or just made up.. I don't believe Murakami is made up but her powers might be.

joined Jul 17, 2013

This is so accurate it hurts my soul.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This is so accurate it hurts my soul.

I don't know why I keep reading this series. I need to make adjustments on what I should be using my time on... This is just infuriatingly maddening.

joined Feb 18, 2014

Socially deprived and awkward people not understanding social dynamics? Nuh-uh, no way, never happens.

Honestly, if you're going to complain about something complain about how obvious it was she was going to lose her powers when she started to get a social life. Her not confronting Haruka about losing her powers is nothing out of the norm. She thinks the only reason she is staying with her is for her powers. So why would she tell her?

Perhaps you should smash your head against that wall.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Socially deprived and awkward people not understanding social dynamics? Nuh-uh, no way, never happens.

Honestly, if you're going to complain about something complain about how obvious it was she was going to lose her powers when she started to get a social life. Her not confronting Haruka about losing her powers is nothing out of the norm. She thinks the only reason she is staying with her is for her powers. So why would she tell her?

Perhaps you should smash your head against that wall.

Don't need to justify anything against me. This is no longer about the manga itself for me, it's now about the enjoyment factor, and weather I should use my time on it. The option has been clear for a while, I just needed a few /headwall. Save your time, don't bother replying.

joined Feb 18, 2014

Huh? Your complaint was about the manga. You said nothing about whether it's enjoyable or not, now you're just back peddling. Either way your point is illogical and your reasons are bad. I'm not telling you to like it, I'm telling you to not be stupid.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

this needs to be uploaded faster. ahhh!!!

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Whenever I read this manga, I seriously want to smash haruka's head to see what is she thinking.

37dd6a44617256a82f4674880d23097b
joined Feb 15, 2014

People still don't realize Haruka is the nicest person in this series.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

People still don't realize Haruka is the nicest person in this series.

She is not, really.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

now is the high time Moritani figured out what she'd do.
Hmp.... I wonder if Murakami had the power to counter Moritani's time lag and she just decided to use it against Moritani, just because :P. Nah who am I kidding.

Back to the manga though, Murakami took notice of Moritani stopped time at 3AM, if she was sleeping, then she must have had strong sense about her friend's power :/ if she wasn't, then what the hell she was doing at 3AM =o= I doubt she did anything else. This Murakami girl can feel time lag whenever Moritani uses it then.

To reply you must either login or sign up.