Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Nah np ;3 Role playing game is a game where there is some setting, like a world and rules how your characters, their abilities etc. affect the world. You usually use dice to decided the outcome of events and your characters have stats like intelligent, appearance, strength etc. which you increase by leveling up character by gaining experience through sessions. There is a rulebook that has all those things explained and based on it you create your own character. One player is a Game Master, they are like the gods of the world, they create how it looks based on setting, create neutral characters and act for them and basically create a story for other players so they can play and interact in this world. And all this is basically in imagination. The original idea was for sever people to gather, create their characters and then through regular sessions progress in game. Some stuff depends on setting, but basically the idea is that you make your own character you can "role-play" and experience a unique story through them. I guess like writing a book or playing a game but where you can do literally everything. You can also play it over chat if you are unable to meet in on place how it was in my case cos we were all from different countries. Playing like that has its cons and pros though.

woooooow, That reminds me of stranger things Anon ! @A@ anyways, wooooow thats so intersting its like, before there was technology you could actually use your imagination to create some really cool stories and twists as aa a group! ah the power of imagination ;3 I have a feeling I participated in a simuler thing in a chat once! But we were assigned characters from the fandom we picked (it was creepypasta at the time so I got to be slender man XD) it was quite a fun experience! Though probably not as cool as create your own character into a completely new world....ahh the beauty of birth XD !!

And later it was adapted into normal video games, but clearly the trade off was that it wasn't truly unlimited anymore and you couldn't role-play your character any way you want. And then later those "rpg elements" got popular and everyone started to shoehorn them into every kind of game, so rpg become more know for having stats and lvling your character up rather than the whole "role-playing" it.

Yeh thats what really gets me muddled ටᆼට cos nower days there are some many rpg maker games but I hardy even know what that ment becuase i only knew about the good all way to roleplay through chats and stuff, so thatnks for clreaing that up for me! >w<

The game we played was called Vampire Masquerade, so we were basically a bunch of vampires hiding in current times. My character belonged to clan that can shapeshift into one chosen animal and I choose cat... cos I love them 8D Seriously thought, I just got a idea for character that was pretty detached from world and cat-like from nature so once she was turned into vampire she just realized she prefer to lives her life as a cat than a human and so she did. That was her background and the session picked up from the moment she meet rest of players and was forced to go with them, but you get the idea ;3

oooohhh such a fancey name ;3 and the setting sounds so cool too i almost wish i could join in XD ! Now I'm really interguied by the whole idea of role play heh, it sounds like a fun thing to do with people =w=

Also funny fact, I never really named her cos I suck at coming up with names and I just left it for later, so for entire time I just had her character sheet named Kitty. And all others players adapted to call her Kitty before we started so once we did, they were so used to it, they never asked her for her name. Well they did later once I mentioned it and I was going to answer "I forgot", cos she spend like 30 years as a cat so she pretty much forgot all about her past life and it did fit into her character, but that was still kinda funny and lame way for me to avoid naming her xD

heheh well that makes sense, plus when refering to a cat it only feels right to call her just "kitty". I mean after all simplicity is the key >wO So you where one of us all the time! you sneaky Kitty! >w< hehe. and ahaha that is a pretty funny way, how you just gotta home this topic doesnt come up again, ..ever O-O ''my name is a mystery OK betch'' XDD

Oh, Katanagatari! I loved this show! I know it is based on light novel and that it is very dialog heavy, but I liked the main characters interaction so much I totally didn't mind. And the show looks beautifully and has one of best soundtracks I ever listen too. I still listen to it regularly. And of course I liked the plot. Except for 1 confrontation, to me the entire series was just a masterpiece. You totally should watch it when you can and we can talk about it then! Also funny fact, I was watching it as it was airing and it was airing monthly, because the idea of the show is that since start of first episode, the episode + time between episodes, takes 1 month so by releasing it monthly (all episodes did were the double length, but still) you will spend the same amount of time watching as it took the characters to complete the story. I thought that was a really unique and interesting way to air/promote anime.

ooohhh @//w//@ sounds to me like you really enjoyed this anime, it must be very good then! I remember getting to the second episode after which i stopped for some reason, but maybe i just didnt get into the story yet, ad its pretty funny how fast he said he loved her in the first episode so i'm intersted where it leads XD Maybe it was also the 50 minuet log eiposdes that put me off because i like to watch stuff in short snippets =A= but I'm good see through that and watch it! thanks! (✧×✧)

joined Jan 19, 2014

Seira

We have plenty of water fountains, except you actually have to own a water bottle to use it since it's not one of those traditional sip-n'-go contraptions. :(

oohhhh I see, that sucks D: We have to sip n go type so i never have water with me XD (but part of the reason we have these is becuase the dancers would die of dehydration, cos who has time to carry a bottle right? ;p)

Basically, it's bring your own water bottle or pay $2.75 and submit your soul to a vending machine, lol.

noooooo! don't give in into the evil that is the vending machine ! D;;; We compremise with a little shop in our school thats always open no matter what lesson and has the same stuff as the vending machine! including OVERPIRCED GRAPES!
щ(ಠ益ಠщ) didn't mean to get so bad about grapes

SF

Now I don't usually dig rap. But that was really good ! Thank you for sharing ! But yeah, That story is really tragic :(
I glad that he's currently doing well.

I knowww D; some off his works really got the tears flowing for me honestly TT//_//TT And I looovvvee his rap becuase the the stories behind it I cool, and somhow its very, touching in a way?

Also, Here's my favorite music video of all time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqdMxgt_08)

I will be checking that out! >wO (and most probably adding yet again to my plalist due to your awesome tastes! >w<)

And now it is time i sleep as its yet again 2am and i somehow managed to stay up that long Q//_//Q heres a good night song

Also I'm quite worried about onii-chan, he went out at about 10 ad said he would come back at 1, but still hasn't, I'm all alone in the house...I hope his okey, I don't know what pulled him so much to get his new monitor from some random dude he bought it online from in the middle of the night. ...;-; nii chan...baka

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 2:45AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@ Anon

(^∇^) Reading that I noticed that we are the exact opposite, I guess. Whenever my stuff arrives after 2 weeks, I'm super happy and think: “Wow, it's here already and I just ordered it. YAY!“
It's not just a saying but for me time really does fly ^^

I was super happy when I got it... but I had to wait a day later since the postman didn't knock on the door so they didn't leave the package at the door. I had to go on a Monday (that was a Saturday) to pick it up. I was super pissed.

That was exactly what I always used to think too. Hated it. Made figures look cheaper.
But that totally changed after I played around with a 1/6 body for a while.
Now I find motionless models kinda boring. The possibilities of action figures on the other hand ares limitless. And if you dress them right you don't have to worry about the joints as well.
Here's a Hot Toys Resident Evil Afterlife Alice figure for example:
http://www.figuredetails.com/images/Hot-Toys-Alice/Hot-Toys-Alice-Resident-Evil-Afterlife-p-1.jpg
http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MMS139_RE4_Alice_PR08.jpg
http://www.figuredetails.com/images/Hot-Toys-Alice/Hot-Toys-Alice-Resident-Evil-Afterlife-p-14.jpg
I have that one here and it looks amazing. You can buy that one as is, But I only have two figures like that. The rest is custom stuff I put together myself.

I have like one western figure. It's my least favorite, haha. Like those are cool, but I find the face kinda uncanny valley looking. That's how most western action figures look like to me. I have some Medicom action figures.
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/1/170/8173.html
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/1/170/7946.html

They look really nice but they are hard to pose so I just have them standing on one of my shelves in a boring position. Also one of Mari's pig tails or whatever broke the first day I had it so I had to glue it back. I just stick to Nendoroids and figmas now.

Japan is in greater need than the US. ;) Trump would probably disagree with your doing, but not me ^^

Maybe. :P

I play enough dark and drab stuff. :P

Hey, colorful is cute too ;) Last game I played was Patapon ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ezeqqmlpI
(◕ฺv◕ฺ)It was cute ^^

Nope, I haven't. My friend constantly gives me an earful because of that. (^_^“)

IMO Bloodborne is the best game on PS4 and probably will be forever. The Souls games are all good, though I can't say I ever got into Demon's Souls. Loved Dark Souls. Played it on PC, but I have it on 360 also. On sale quite often.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Loved Dark Souls. Played it on PC, but I have it on 360 also. On sale quite often.

I got DS2 from one of these recently. I was having my ass handed to me by Sir Alonne not long ago.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

@Anon

you do have good taste after all!

"sometimes" hmmmm

Ha! I always had the same attitude. No real secrets in my life either. But, growing older, I have some things that I don't talk about to just anyone. Some people just can't shut up about things. And whatever it is I tell people, I wanna tell them myself. ^^
Just like my sister. She told absolutely everyone I'm gay. Which isn't so bad per se. She doesn't mind it, otherwise she wouldn't have done it. But that kinda annoyed me for a while. Because that's the one fun thing you get to do when you are gay. Tell people about it and watch the funny faces they sometimes make, trying to think of something to say (^∇^)

I am older than you apparently, I care not for what people think.

But “mind like“ is a part of that as well ;) The feeling of total surrender is the fun part after all. So you have to know what's going on in your partners head. Otherwise you need to talk it all through all the time and that would really ruin all the fun ;)

Humm, if she was getting me and a good partner, she'd get me.

Trying to imagine that in action really does sound hilarious somehow ^^
Uhhhhh, yeahhhh, baby, I do... (◦’ںˉ◦)

Why did that sound so lewd...? We were talking about chocolate just now. ^^

Aww chocolate??? Boooo ok

Yeah it just can't be true, I'm like serious about this, so tomorrow I'll see..has got me in a crappy mood all day grrrr

… really? Didn't notice that at all... ~( ´•‿•` )~

... You are playing me, aren't you?

Of course looks matter. I wish I could say they wouldn't. Always sounds so noble and idealistic.
But a relationship (usually) involves sex and sex involves attraction, so yeah...
But even then, sometimes you fall for someone who isn't really your type and you still go crazy about them ;) Feelings are weird sometimes after all ^^

But I don't give a crap how my friends look. As long as we can have fun together, whatever floats your boat is fine by me! (^_^)b

Who cares about how friends look like? I'm not kissing them

fchhh I do have long nails.

O_O Really? But... long nails are for straight people! Hasn't anyone ever told you that! ;)

They are also for bottoms

Ahh, no it's cos I got no time for people who don't get me, which is most people, sorry miss!!

That is totally discriminating against stupid people and I can't tolerate such behavior! Stupid people deserve a place in this world too after all... (ó﹏ò。) Show some mercy... Where should I go otherwise...? щ(ಥДಥщ)

You may play dumb, but u kinda get me

looking maniac or crazy doesn't make me uncomfortable, people being silly does. Some people got me on edge, may be the way things are said or you just hit that particular string

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVL1u1eLX3I
;)

Don't take that away from me :(

Oh... I'll take more than just that! I'll make you strip! ;P

Meow

Yeah that, things should just flow like..juices and bloooood.

But still you gotta work for some juices to flow... (¬‿¬)

Pffggf

Stick around where...you see, lately I've had some people like inciting me to go out more or be more friendly or something, that's quite annoying, i believe I am just fine u_u

Inciting you to be more friendly? I would never do that! ^^
But I guess you do need to stick around people, for them to give you more then just talk.
From my experience, people don't just jump you and are all over you as soon as you enter a room. We are not Justin Bieber after all ;)

They should, I am quite cool

Yikes don't analyse me so soon woman!!

Okay, I'll keep the analyzing low key then ;)

.. but you may be right..a bit.. you know those cats that come to u and u try to pet and then they escape like they saw the devil but still kinda look at u wondering what's going on with ur true motives?

Yeah... complicated stuff... traumatic experiences leave their marks... In case you ever start to wonder about my motives, just ask. Too much teasing isn't good for the heart after all ;)

I beg to disagree

And here's a great song for everyone (most people might know it already though):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGi8LvE9Afk

For everyone pffff

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 12:16AM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

PARPARE YOURSELFS FOR TRUMPS WALL! >;3

Oh boy I can't wait for the series finale of America I hope Snowden x Manning finally becomes canon

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 11:23PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Really low chance that Obama does anything for Snowden. Manning didn't get a pardon, but just had her sentence commuted. Obama could give a pardon, but he didn't. No chance Snowden gets a pardon if Manning got commuted. Manning served time, and Snowden has not. That is I think their official argument.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Sometimes I swear to God i became a total dumb idiot.

There was this movie trailer 'Your name'. Where two people living in different parts of Japan got body swap all of sudden. And start looking for each other.

For 15 mins, i was thinking how are they suppose to contact each other wiothout any way to contact each other. I was getting anxious how they will meet each other for so long.

And then i got the answer.......i will call to myself, duh. -_____-U

I really am dumb sometimes

Also, yes the plot of movie is what used 1000 times and it's a het. Reviews are really good but then again it was given by non anime fans who never saw body swap concept before.

joined Jan 19, 2014

Also, Here's my favorite music video of all time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqdMxgt_08)

I watch it and...

its so saaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd! o(╥﹏╥)o poor Jhonny! the song is so catchy and i see why you like this so much, I really like it too now, when Max got taken I was like noooooooooo Q//A//Q

joined Jan 8, 2014

im just gonna jump in and say Hi!!
I have no idea what everyone's talking about since I just wanted to pop in...
considering finding an avy...im usually on mobile tho...
currently swimming in manga as im re-organizing my lists(the previous trend was me trying to find what I wanted to read and ending up with additional reading thus impacting my sleep :P )
anywho.... ^_^

joined Apr 27, 2014

im just gonna jump in and say Hi!!
considering finding an avy...im usually on mobile tho...
currently swimming in manga as im re-organizing my lists(the previous trend was me trying to find what I wanted to read and ending up with additional reading thus impacting my sleep :P )
anywho.... ^_^

Hi, I like your name already!!!

A long reading list eh, ah that's the best

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ KcaT

Hey ho! ヾ(^∇^)

considering finding an avy...

Why don't you tell us about your favorite manga or anime? Maybe we can help you find something good ;)

currently swimming in manga as im re-organizing my lists(the previous trend was me trying to find what I wanted to read and ending up with additional reading thus impacting my sleep :P

Nobody here ever sleeps ^^ Seems to be a common problem ;)

@ Katze

Yo! ;)
How did it go today?
Good news from your coach?

joined Apr 27, 2014

@Anon

Yo! ;)
How did it go today?
Good news from your coach?

Yo? Our exchange of words has hit the low point of a single "Yo!" ? Alright then shakes head

I haven't gone to my coach yet, that's in the afternoon, for now it's cooking and I may gonna go take a walk.

Hope your day is fine.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Really low chance that Obama does anything for Snowden. Manning didn't get a pardon, but just had her sentence commuted. Obama could give a pardon, but he didn't. No chance Snowden gets a pardon if Manning got commuted. Manning served time, and Snowden has not. That is I think their official argument.

From Obama's point of view Snowden was the more dangerous anyways. Despite his information being properly vetted as opposed to Manning's since Manning went to Wikileaks who really couldn't give two shits about their sources.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Today's contribution for the darlings's playlists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNIfxhTWow

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Strange question, but to those who are willing to share:

Where are you all from? /(//∇//)\

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 5:01PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Not strange at all.
Germany here.

And here's my song for today ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0aRWXJlD9s

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Paris. Beats everyone.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Queens New York. It's a peaceful place.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I watch it and...

its so saaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd! o(╥﹏╥)o poor Jhonny! the song is so catchy and i see why you like this so much, I really like it too now, when Max got taken I was like noooooooooo Q//A//Q

Awwww dont cry :(
Have a happy sounding song to cheer you up

joined Apr 27, 2014

Mexico :3

joined Jan 19, 2014

SF ooooowww Thank you!! @//A//@ that's yet another dope song in my collection!!

Also I'm from the Uk hommie! >wO I was born in Russia but moved to London when i was 6 ;3

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 7:53PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Once more a late reply... щ(ಥДಥщ) but at the end of the post, there's a song. It really is amazing, so please do take a look.

@ Galich

But in all seriousness tho., looks like the thread's filling quite quickly. I like that.

Not just you. ;) I feel the same.

Well, I guess we can consider it a small rotation of the staff, right?

That's the natural course of things, I guess ;)

They think that relocating 50% of their staff to another shop at the other side of the city will help them "spread the persuasion tactics" - sounds evil.
Speaking of dirty tacits, I am also using their staffroom.. they had all the tips from the HQ regarding how you treat a client. They flat out tell their employees that they shouldn't "loudly suggest a refund, instead focus on replacements or selling"

Well... everyone's looking for a personal gain. Companies are no different in that regard.
Sounds evil, true. But it also sounds like life ^^

sort of feel like this conversation should've played the other way around.. with you posting my message and me yours.

Sorry to disappoint, but I never wanted to swing an ax on people. Not my style ^^
So I never would have wrote that.

Just finding a get away plan, don't worry my Dear Anon! (please send the razor now)

No razors for you, sorry. If anything I'd like to help people and not take part in any violence.

Kind of horrifying how many of them we know.. at the end of the day I honestly do believe that there's no undamaged people, just those with better or worse luck; alternatively, those who are more or less sensitive.

What to say... that's probably true.
When you go out on the streets all you see are people's front.
Online, you get a glimpse of what's going on inside of them.

But does biology work these way? I honestly don't know, almost failed by last highschool year due to biology itself. My crush keeps mocking me for my lack of knowledge from anatomy =_=

I'm pretty sure that when you cry for too long, your tear glands can dry out and first need to refill themselves before you can spill more tears, yes. ^^ But if you do that, your eyes will look like shit. ;)

Random side note, today at my shop I've heard a very specific of my favourite song; the original is Blue Mondey by New Order (I probably have linked it here a few times), but the cover itself was quite different in the sense of that it was much slower and didn't have any synthesisers..

Nice one! Thanks for sharing! Didn't know that cover version yet.

The 1930s version is even better. Really impressive!
That link of yours also showed this as a further suggestion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
I totally forgot about it but I actually saw a short documentary about that guy and that machine he built. Most awesome instrument ever! (^_^)b An all-in-one instrument! That man is pure genius!
Everyone should watch that video, btw! ;)

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

I'm back from my video game addiction. I guess I really do have a problem. I looked through my log one day in a two day period I logged in 40hrs. I don't leave my games open so that was pretty much all play time. I guess I rein it in one day.

How's it goin' guys?

I was born in China, grew up in the states.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Interesting to see everyone hailing from different places. :')

I'm back from my video game addiction. I guess I really do have a problem. I looked through my log one day in a two day period I logged in 40hrs. I don't leave my games open so that was pretty much all play time. I guess I rein it in one day.

How's it goin' guys?

I was born in China, grew up in the states.

Lol, out of curiosity, which games do you play? Are they primarily 1P or multiplayer? I've been playing too many games recently too. (・_・;

To reply you must either login or sign up.