Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Oh my, wdtfs has turned into a horror manhwa. lol

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I honestly like LD a lot that I kinda think it's better than both FF and WDTFS, but I personally find the author of LD not good at ending each chapter at all. They always ended it at a random point which gave me nothing to look forwards to the next chapter. I always forgot to read the new update on the day it was released.

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

I do not think this story not have developments, for me this third arc is to make each character to know what they really want... Sumin decided to go to another place because she felt quilty for all the things that she did to Seju and Sungji, Seju is busy with his father and I feel that after this 66 chapter with that end, she will appear more in the story and we will know what she will do after her father would die and Sungji was trying to start again her life, without a broken heart but as we can see in this last chapter, she could not forget Sumin, she decided to finish the relation but I really appreciate how Team Gaji show us the diffitulties to leave behind your first love.

For me Team Gaji is preparing the ground for a future meeting between the characters, they need to talk, specially Sumin with Seju and Sungji with Sumin but it could be interesting if there is a conversation between Sungji and Seju

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 10:13AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It feels like it's not actually a development, because it's just drama coming from third parties outside the main protagonists. Maybe they should have made a chapter about Sungji going on a trip by herself, thinking of Sumin. Or have her visit her familly and talk about her break up. It would feel more real, but of couse Gaji knows better why they add these specific plots.

Since arc 3, WDTFS is trying to fill the missing chapters until the end with these added characters imo. Side characters are important, but they should have been more fleshed out, instead of showing up just the right moment to slow the progress.

Love Doctor imo is trying too hard to become the new FF. It feels like they have copied a lot stuff from FF, but at the same time I don't get the same feelings like I did in FF. It's just missing this x factor that made FF interesting to read and real.

joined Aug 29, 2015

tbh, I didn't really like the way they handle the Sungji x Sumin x Seju. I don't get why the hell, they made Sumin realized her love for Seju, just so, they would go back to their old routine lol it's like they have taken one step forward but two steps back.

the plot twist of Nami being in love with Sumin was just "WTF?! Really?" o_O didn't see it coming cause everyone thought Nami was in love with Seju lol so, I guess, I was kinda right when I said that Nami was worried for Sumin, when she first saw Seju together with her, cause she had this grim look on her face.

right now, it feels like WDTFS has two storyline, they have a love story going with Sungji and Sumin and then they have a family drama-suspense thriller with Seju lol (since, she's completely out of the picture) it's like a two completely different comic book but in the same universe lol like Avengers or Justice League. let's be honest, even though. they keep making Seju look like a real threat between Sumin and Sungji on the first and second arc, the third act just makes it's clear that Sumin doesn't want to be with her which only makes Seju look more hopeless than before, which imo supposed to be other way around because of how the story was progressing. so, it's pretty obvious that Sumiin and Sungji will be the end couple. although, they could still pull a swerved and make other possible end pairings.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 9:52PM

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Hello hello guys, it's been a while! Just thought I'd drop by here with the trans I made for chapter 66. I only did it because my friends wanted me to so I thought I might as well share it. Enjoy!

Dawoon: “Can I hold your hand?”
Sungji: “….” -holds-
Movie : ‘This is in return for last time’ (its just something from the movie they’re watching. Not important)
Sumin: “A kiss scene is coming up”
Sungji: “…..”
Dawoon: “I got a call from the restaurant. I got hired!”
Sungji: “…ah. Huh?” “Did you finish your call?”
Dawoon: “…..” “Were you thinking of the person you broke up with?”
Sungji: “Sorry.”
Dawoon: “At times like this you’re supposed to say no”
Sungji: “Ah. Sorry.”
Dawoon: “What are you sorry about.”
“It’s only been a few days since you broke up. I can’t stop you from thinking about it.”
Sungji: “I should even just a little when I’m with you”
Dawoon: “Mhm.”
Dawoon: “How does it feel when a movie ends. You think about it from the beginning to the end.”
“Rather than boring scenes you first think about scenes that left a strong impression on you. Don’t you think so?”
Sungji: “… I think so.”
Dawoon: “That’s all it is. It’s okay.”
_
Sungji: “It was fun today. Thank you for driving me home.”
Dawoon: “Sungji-ah”
Sungji: “?”
Dawoon: “I passed the interview I took.”
“I work starting tomorrow”
Sungji: “Really?”
“See, I told you you’d make it. Congrats.”
Dawoon: “This is the first time I’ve seen you smile like this ever since we started dating.”
“Sungji-ah.”
Dawoon: “Let’s experience it first”
“And think about it later.”
“……”
Sumin: “That’s right.”
“I don’t think this is the seat I should be in right now.”
Sumin: “Sungji-shi.”
“My seat is right here.”
_
Co-worker: “It’s so warm even though it’s night~ It should be cold in Korea right now”
Sumin: “It feels the same”
Co-worker: “It’s different~ There’s definitely a difference between the temperature of my body and the temperature of my heart!”
Sumin: “How am I supposed to what the temperature of your heart is?”
_
Sumin thought bubble (She’s reading a special event sign and thinking to herself) : “6 times for 500 won. If you get 30 you can get the King Fox..”
“If you want to see me again tomorrow then I’ll go. Just wait.”
Co-worker: “Team Leader, what are you doing?~ Hurry and come order Takoyaki!”
“I’m going. I’m going."
Dawoon: “It just can’t work only right now?”
“I can still wait a little longer.”
Sungji: “I’m sorry.”
Dawoon: “… alright. I really got kicked away this time.”
Sungji: “…..”
Dawoon: “I guess now we really won’t see each other again.”
Sungji: “Can’t we continue hanging out as friends?”
“I don’t understand why we have to separate under your good intentions.” (this part is hard to translate exactly into English, sorry, but you get the gist right).

Dawoon: “It’s because when you like someone and see that you can’t have them, it hurts too much.”
“Goodbye for real. Joo Sungji.

Seju: “I don’t remember instructing you to write an employment notice with a preference of males. It’s a mistake right?”
“Email me a list of only female applicants. I’m going to interview them on my own.”
“Okay. See you tomorrow. You worked hard.”
“There’s nothing to change.”
“Nothing is going change.”
“Nothing…”

last edited at Dec 9, 2016 1:23AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Love Doctor imo is trying too hard to become the new FF. It feels like they have copied a lot stuff from FF, but at the same time I don't get the same feelings like I did in FF. It's just missing this x factor that made FF interesting to read and real.

LMAO!!! I almost died laughing there!

Love Doctor trying to be FF? Hahaha my sides hurt.

It's actually the opposite. I think FF is one without any feeling in it. I heard fangirls defending its unnecessary dragging saying 'oh they are trying to find their sexuality' but so far nothing even suggest that. It is so shallow and without any actual feelings that it feel so fictional and unnreal.

So far i can say FF is one of the most boring and unnecessarily stretched yuri mahwa i ever read.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 10:14PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Thanks for the translation Newp. Long time no see, hope you are doing fine.

“It’s different~ There’s definitely a difference between the temperature of my body and the temperature of my heart!”

I find this funny. Gonna use it. :D

So far i can say FF is one of the most boring and unnecessarily stretched yuri mahwa i ever read.

That's weird though since FF is always so popular.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

So is similar crappy stuff like Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight.

i can't read that manhaw without cringing or yawn at every second page.

I mean i could help but laugh that desperate attempts of fans defending it saying how it actually brings out feels and is real. But so far it is slow as snail and without any memorable moments or realism to it. Makes me questions the weird taste of women.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 11:08PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So is similar crappy stuff like Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight.

i can't read that manhaw without cringing or yawn at every second page.

I mean i could help but laugh that desperate attempts of fans defending it saying how it actually brings out feels and is real. But so far it is slow as snail and without any memorable moments or realism to it. Makes me questions the weird taste of women.

Take a minute and ask yourself, "Do I really wanna continue this conversation? Do I think it'll end up anywhere good?"

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Take a minute and ask yourself, "Do I really wanna continue this conversation? Do I think it'll end up anywhere good?"

Okay i admit that made me chuckle a bit.

But yeah i'm done with FF conversation in a WDTFS thread.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Just for your information, FF came first. And when it went on hiatus in March, LD showed up after a while. You can dislike something, but if you have nothing constructive to say, better not say it. Because it looks like trolling. I have nothing against LD, just saying even though they are similar, FF is still better imo.
Sorry for bringing this up again but I wanted to reply once.

Back on wdtfs, seems like Seju is going to suffer again. I hope they don't make Sumin go back with her because she feels guilty. The ending is pretty obvious, but I still think they should have develop Sungji s character a bit different. Because it seems like her only identity so far is loving Sumin.

Also thanks for translation Newp!

last edited at Dec 9, 2016 5:23AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

LMAO!!! I almost died laughing there!

Love Doctor trying to be FF? Hahaha my sides hurt.

It's actually the opposite. I think FF is one without any feeling in it. I heard fangirls defending its unnecessary dragging saying 'oh they are trying to find their sexuality' but so far nothing even suggest that. It is so shallow and without any actual feelings that it feel so fictional and unnreal.

let's just say FF is a yuri bait manhwa in an actual yuri manhwa lol it's just really slow-pace since both of the MC's are straight but as the story progress, they start to develop and slowly realize their attraction and feelings for each other. what I just don't really like FF is it's incessant teasing of love confession or kissing moment, which is also FF's main appeal. so, if it's not your cup of tea, then, you're not really going to like it lol

love doctor has the same vibe of FF because of the MC's but the comparison stops there. I actually feel love doctor is a mashup of FF and WDTFS lol

joined Dec 9, 2014

Seol-a and No-Rae are not straight lol.
I can see how it's slow paced and not everyone's cup of tea but there's difference between being straight and just discovering not being one.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

No, right up to the day Seol-a and Norae fell for each other, they were straight. lol

Back to wdtfs, regarding the new team manager thing, I just hope that Team Gaji won't introduce any new character. I don't want to see another Seju x New Girl x Ghost Sumin.

joined Dec 9, 2014

There is no such thing as being straight one day and then not. They always were bi (probably not gay) but hadn't discovered it yet. It's like we said someone is not straight until they fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

joined Dec 9, 2016

That escalated quickly. Let's just accept that all humans have a bisexual tendency. I'm pretty sure some scientific studies have been published about that.

WDTFS - after reading this chapter I feel this is very unfair to Dawoon. Why even introduce her if Sungji just needed time to forgive crazy Sumin. Let's openly admit that Sumin is a mess.

Hopefully Seju won't get hurt again. But it just seems like the author doesn't know how to end her story without having to add cliche plots around her. I feel that they don't know how else to keep her in a story that isn't about her anymore.

I personally am starting to dislike Sumin and her childish behavior. She isn't that great if she can't even handle anything without self sabotaging herself and others around her.

Sungji level of maturity is baffling. "Can we stay friends blah blah" -- seriously girl? Would you stay friends and constantly hangout with Sumin if she went back to Seju or kept pinning after Seju? This should be common sense people...

I'm also reading TLD. And I agree with whoever said that it's a mix of FF and WDTFS. The vibes are there, the last panel reminded me of FF. Not comparing the stories because the pace and stories are diff, but the actual last panel drawing.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

There is no such thing as being straight one day and then not.

False

They always were bi (probably not gay) but hadn't discovered it yet.

True

It's like we said someone is not straight until they fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

False :D

The order is always straight --> not straight because human sexuality is by default initialized as "straight". The order will probably be updated in the future, but not now.

Sungji, in my opinion, is weird! If people said she was an alien, I think I would fully believe it. -.-

last edited at Dec 9, 2016 10:28AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There is no such thing as being straight one day and then not.

False

They always were bi (probably not gay) but hadn't discovered it yet.

True

It's like we said someone is not straight until they fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

False :D

The order is always straight --> not straight because human sexuality is by default initialized as "straight". The order will probably be updated in the future, but not now.

Sungji, in my opinion, is weird! If people said she was an alien, I think I would fully believe it. -.-

Assumptions are not reality, no matter how confidently you state them. Yes, those things are culturally assumed as a default, but they don't reflect the reality of the situation and there's no reason we should be buying into such faulty thinking.

That aside, this is all highly off-topic, so please steer things back to WDtFS.

joined Nov 2, 2016

When is chapter 67 coming?

joined Aug 18, 2015

Sungji level of maturity is baffling. "Can we stay friends blah blah" -- seriously girl? Would you stay friends and constantly hangout with Sumin if she went back to Seju or kept pinning after Seju? This should be common sense people...

I think it's reasonable for Sungji to ask Dawoon to stay friends. I understand why Dawoon didn't want to stay friends with Sungji but personally, I would just try to keep a distance until the feelings faded. They were childhood friends. so I dont think Dawoon should cut off the relationship completely just because her love was not returned. there r more to life than romantic love

I'm also reading TLD. And I agree with whoever said that it's a mix of FF and WDTFS. The vibes are there, the last panel reminded me of FF. Not comparing the stories because the pace and stories are diff, but the actual last panel drawing.

I agree. they r two different Manhwa. I like TLD but I like ff more simply I can relate to the characters/story

joined Dec 9, 2014

18th of December. Chapters dates are every /8 in the month, like 8th, 18 and 28th

joined Nov 2, 2016

18th of December. Chapters dates are every /8 in the month, like 8th, 18 and 28th

Thanks

joined Aug 29, 2015

Seol-a and No-Rae are not straight lol.
I can see how it's slow paced and not everyone's cup of tea but there's difference between being straight and just discovering not being one.

well, it's debatable and subjective lol I assume they were straight because they never had a gay relationship with anyone before and only dated men. besides, they are only interested in each other. I never saw them checking out other girls.

back on WDTFS, the more the artist add filler chapters, the more it hurts the characters. imo, Nami and Seju are the most well-written characters on this manhwa and yet, they rarely appear. and you gotta question the action of the characters after the fallout of the second arc, 1) Why didn't Sungji leave the company after finding out that her girlfriend and her boss were being intimate with each other? 2) How come Sumin and Seju can talk casually with each other, like nothing happened? it should had been awkward between the two of them after Sumin's confession lol 3) Why did Seju stop being aggressive? she should have confronted Sumin after that.

Dawoon is that bestfriend character that has unrequited love for the MC, much like Nami. I was kinda hoping she would be use to make Sungji look more relatable by narrating how was Sungji, when she was young? or how come she was never interested with anyone before? but I guess she's another filler side-character in a filler chapter, even though they provided a sort of background story for her. well, I hope the next chapter will be a continuation not another Sumin and Sungji strolling around while the author couldn't make it more clearer that they miss each other. the last chapter was kinda creepy with Sumin just appearing everywhere Dawoon and Sungji went lol

last edited at Dec 10, 2016 3:54AM

joined Dec 12, 2016

This manhwa totally drove me crazy. Seju is so poor. It's quite illogical to make her wait for 10 years to be forgiven, eventhough Seju's mistake came from both her and Sumin. I think no one can wait that long. I don't understand why people can hate Seju but love Sumin that much. Sumin is so selfish. She just makes everything out of control. I feel so sad for both Sungji and Seju =((

To reply you must either login or sign up.