Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

I think you can ask for image uploads through the upload suggestion page.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I see :o How would that work?

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

The new RWBY episode is taking AGES to buffer for me.....

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So here's a random song for everyone! ^ - ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE1mX4Px0I

And bonus, another one! ^ o ^ (here's to the 10th anniversary of "Welcome to the Black Parade"!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRKJiM9Njr8

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 2:14PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Can anyone try to play off the fact that my interviewer was making sexual advances on me as a positive thing? Thanks in advance.

Even the fact that I have a very hefty chance of getting employed doesn't make up for the sore feeling after that meeting.

Having described the interview to a few people the opinion is divided between borderline sexual harassment and actual sexual harassment.

I guess that I dont even need to transition in order to be hit on by men Sigh If only it worked both ways =_=

Sorry, had to get it off my chest.

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 4:06AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Can anyone try to play off the fact that my interviewer was making sexual advances on me as a positive thing? Thanks in advance.

They're probably gonna...

Even the fact that I have a very hefty chance of getting employed doesn't make up for the sore feeling after that meeting.

Nevermind.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Having described the interview to a few people the opinion is divided between borderline sexual harassment and actual sexual harassment.

I'd just turn down the offer if things are that bad if I were you . - .

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I'd just turn down the offer if things are that bad if I were you . - .

It's sounds reall cliche, but the job itself is good, the hours are flexible and wages are above average plus I'm probaly a bit underqualified for it.

Highly doubt Mr. Interviewer will end up being my direct boss, but.. cannot lie but say that I still feel rather uncomfortable. One more harrassement and I will shove the contract up his arse. Let's just say that I'll make sure that there will be an easy way of leaving with no financial penalties, otherwise taking this job is a no-no for me. Verbal advances are not that bad, but touching someone with your legs.. I do think that is the moment in which I ask myself if the wage is worth going through all of this crap.

Having written this post, I slowly start to realize that my mind really doesn't want me to take this job.. the same applies for some of my friends/family.

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 8:33AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ LittleSis

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with such low life forms abusing their power :(
sadly they are everywhere and I suspect you can't do anything to make them pay for what did to you during the interview...

I don't really know your financial state and priorities, but you are capable and intelligent, and this is hardly the only job offer you will ever receive - so maybe tossing away their "kind" offer and concentrating on finding a place where they will respect your being isn't such a bad idea?

But don't let it get to you! You haven't been hit on a "man" - I wouldn't call them that ;) hugs

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Galich's so hot even job interviewers can't resist.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Somehow this has become a habit already... (^_^“) Nonetheless, sorry for the late reply once again...

@ Blackkitty, Galich, Rina & everyone else

today the Cafe turns four months and I was meaning to say "thank you" to Anon, because imo her creation is a very positive thing where one could feel among friends!

Also, totally forgot to thank Anon here. Met so many great people around here that it's influenced my life more than I'd like to admit. Happy anniversary Dynasty Cafe!

It's been 4 months already :o though I've not been here since the beginning I really appreciate it being made and I enjoy my time here a lot; it's actually another daily thing on my to-do list to check here for new posts (lol) ^ - ^ so yeah, thanks @Anon for making this cafe!!

I strongly feel that I should be the one thanking you guys for all the support and fun I had here.
So: many many thanks to you and everyone else who contributed as well!!!! ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡
Without all of you this place wouldn't exist! So I really appreciate everyone posting here. m(_ _)m

Just like Galich said: this place here influenced my life a little more than I'd like to admit ^^
Really didn't expect that at the beginning... (╯•ω•╰)
I wouldn't wanna miss any of the fun people we met here and all of the recommendations we got over time! Love you all! And thank you very much again!!! d (^‿^♥)

984ee08ca42d308f9bdaa33a06c653e7
joined Dec 24, 2015

Hello, I didn't know where to ask nor if someone already asked it, so I came to ask about it here, please excuse me :3
So, lately I've been watching Steven Universe and before I knew it, I started shipping gems together, and found lots of artworks on the internet, and was wondering if Dynasty was willing to post some here. Thing is, you know, even if gems looks and sounds like girls, they have no gender, would it still be okay to suggest some here? Because I found some fine art, and it would be a shame not to share it with you all ! Also, I wonder what it would be tagged like ! Thanks for reading until the end!
PS : if this is not the place to talk about it, I don't mind deleting my message, I don't want to bother any of you!

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I mean, I don't watch SU but those gems are clearly lesbians. Don't they all refer to themselves as "she", too?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you have links to yuri images, you can use the "Upload request" feature in the dropdown menu by your name on the upper right. Make sure you give the source and the artist, those are absolutely necessary.

As to the "no gender" thing, I always took that as a necessary fiction to slip the relationships by the censors and provide a figleaf to markets who don't want to take a chance on overtly lesbian characters. Everyone knows what's really going on, but it gives cover for skittish buyers.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ LittleSis

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with such low life forms abusing their power :(
sadly they are everywhere and I suspect you can't do anything to make them pay for what did to you during the interview...

I don't really know your financial state and priorities, but you are capable and intelligent, and this is hardly the only job offer you will ever receive - so maybe tossing away their "kind" offer and concentrating on finding a place where they will respect your being isn't such a bad idea?

But don't let it get to you! You haven't been hit on a "man" - I wouldn't call them that ;) hugs

@OlderSis

Well.. it was in a closed room, no one nearby, so no witnesses or anything. Oh well, I hope that this guy will one time mess with a wrong person.

Well, I'd say that calling them a human being is too much to begin with.

hugs back

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that my first job offer ended in a success, and bad news is that Mr. Douchebag's company will still have to look for more employers. In other words, thanks to Blackkitty's and Rina's comments I've declined the offer. And to add irony, I did get accepted. Oh well, the guy sounded really upset over the phone and wanted details on my decision. Decided to spare him details, I honestly don't feel like arguing with others through a phone.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Though it's unfortunate that you had to turn down the offer, I'm sure you'll find a new job offer eventually! ^ o ^

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ LittleSis

I hope you made the right decision ,and now you are in harmony with yourself :)
You deserve better than that!

Certainly you are not the luckiest person ever... Next time you have a job interview, I will let you borrow my own luck.. I'm curious to see if it will be any better.^^

joined Dec 24, 2015

If you have links to yuri images, you can use the "Upload request" feature in the dropdown menu by your name on the upper right. Make sure you give the source and the artist, those are absolutely necessary.

As to the "no gender" thing, I always took that as a necessary fiction to slip the relationships by the censors and provide a figleaf to markets who don't want to take a chance on overtly lesbian characters. Everyone knows what's really going on, but it gives cover for skittish buyers.

Thanks! I thought it was something like that too, because it really feels like they said this to avoid censorship, but I was afraid that saying this would hurt some people's feelings in some way or open a debate ( thanks godoka it didn't). So! I'll be soon making request then! Thanks for answering me, everyone!

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 7:22AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Welcome to the thread, SaintPata !
I like your feline avatar. Where is it from?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So a most amusing occurance in TERA happened today of me getting cuss'd at because I refuse to duel someone (lol). That aside, though, the Sorcerer class remake is amazing, turned my least enjoyed class into something that's rather enjoyable to play ^ _ ^

joined Dec 24, 2015

Welcome to the thread, SaintPata !
I like your feline avatar. Where is it from?

Thanks! It's from an old medieval book, I found it while searching for cat's representations through ages and countries! (like ancient Persia, Greece, China, Japan, Europe etc). This one comes from a european book, but since I can't understand nor even read the text of the picture, I can't exactly tell you which country it came from

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ That actually sounds really interesting tbh XD

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So a most amusing occurance in TERA happened today of me getting cuss'd at because I refuse to duel someone (lol). That aside, though, the Sorcerer class remake is amazing, turned my least enjoyed class into something that's rather enjoyable to play ^ _ ^

Oh, they're reworking classes now? That's cool. Would probably check that out if I wasn't so into Diablo right now.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Yup, Sorc is the first revamp to be released to the regional versions of TERA, followed by Archer and then Warrior, which was just released in KTERA.

Zerk, Slayer, Lancer, Mystic and Priests should get a revamp as well eventually, with the end-goal being every (DPS) class brought on par with Ninja DPS-wise, with Tanks (Brawler, possibly Lancer too) at 80% DPS capacity; again with Ninja DPS as standard.

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 10:41PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Brawler? Brawler seemed fine when I played it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.