Forum › NicoMaki! HUG! discussion

Draft_lens2158755module11381086photo_1221169011grand-moff-tarkin
joined May 31, 2013

liked the doujin, but how much subtext is in the anime? Using Saki as a baseline is it more or less yuri. That's my big problem with doujin is that i tend to find out about anime through them and then get disappointed with the lack of yuri in the anime.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I can't speak for love live becuse ive never seen the anime either. As far as I know nico and maki just hug eachother in the anime but the extent of actual yuri is probably little if none at all. It's all just the fanbase that makes it yuri. I mean, you see a ton of bubbline art even though their whole relationship is implied or just friendship.

So you shouldn't have high expectations of yuri for these shows or you're gonna be disappointed.

joined Aug 6, 2013

This is so sexy (lol)

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Nice job Nico girl!

thumbs up

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

liked the doujin, but how much subtext is in the anime? Using Saki as a baseline is it more or less yuri. That's my big problem with doujin is that i tend to find out about anime through them and then get disappointed with the lack of yuri in the anime.

I'm going to be honest that when I watched Love Live and then saw all the NicoMaki I was incredibly surprised since I didn't really see any real stand out moments from the two of them. I'm either too dense to notice their subtext or there wasn't anything substantial to compete with pairings like Rin and Kayo, Eri and Nozomi, and Honoka and Kotori.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Not a whole lot. Rin and Hanayo are the only characters that were really set up as a couple, and they're the most minor of the nine

Abe415bc-3706-4b66-a10e-07e744434b9e
joined Feb 3, 2013

I think you need to read the manga or play the Love Live! game ^^... They have more Yuri chemistry between NicoMaki than only watch anime ;). And one last thing: Nothing is impossible for Yuri-fans' fantasies :3.

joined Jul 17, 2013

Man, I love Ooshima's Nico x Maki doujins. This is one of my favorite pairings!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Lovely.

Man, I love Ooshima's Nico x Maki doujins. This is one of my favorite pairings!

Same.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Okay. It seems Im the only one that just recently found out the School Idol Festival game in iPad. I already read this doujin before playing (actually what happened is doujins > anime > game). Ever since I got hook with NicoxMaki doujins, I suddenly got the urge to watch the anime. And yes, there's almost no scenes implying yuri between these two. But heck, I'm still hooked with Maki-chan!!! xD Now Im on a hunt for all Maki-chan characters in game. :D

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

You at the second season yet? They start laying it on thick, if you ask me.

53758906_p6_master1200
joined Apr 17, 2014

I love this Doujins! But I have a question.. What is a "SIF"? [Page 10, when Nico talk to Maki]

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

They lay it on so thick that it feels out of place and forced...I know it's fanservice since they saw how popular the pairing is, but man I think they need to calm it down a little...(nothing against Nico/Maki personally).

Back on topic of the doujin, this was a great one and as always the ending is great XD. I kinda thought it was creepy/hilarious how it looked like A-Rise was watching them sex it up from the posters lol.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I love this Doujins! But I have a question.. What is a "SIF"? [Page 10, when Nico talk to Maki]

School Idol Festival. It's a rhythmic game for Android and Apple users. One of my favorite games as well. :D

They lay it on so thick that it feels out of place and forced...I know it's fanservice since they saw how popular the pairing is, but man I think they need to calm it down a little...(nothing against Nico/Maki personally).

Back on topic of the doujin, this was a great one and as always the ending is great XD. I kinda thought it was creepy/hilarious how it looked like A-Rise was watching them sex it up from the posters lol.

Well yeah. But still, it caught me. Haha. A fanservice or two won't hurt. :3

Mind you, it's not just A-rise who are watching. Take a look at the table. So many eyes! Haha!

Edit:
Sorry just can't help it. :D
Nico x Maki Team ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

last edited at Jul 5, 2014 12:24PM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I think everyone who's played SIF has been in poor Nico-chan's shoes... (T ^ T)

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

damn i feel you niconi. got every rare card possible except for the pure umi-chan

joined May 24, 2014
joined May 22, 2015

I think you need to read the manga or play the Love Live! game ^^... They have more Yuri chemistry between NicoMaki than only watch anime ;). And one last thing: Nothing is impossible for Yuri-fans' fantasies :3.

Totally true :3

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nicomaki_hug#27

That's just EVIL XD

It was an accident I guess? hahaha.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

See? Even Ooshima Tomo believes in the holy OT3!

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

@Nezchan cause (s)he does, you gotta. Although I do like them best when they're angsty.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I can't speak for love live becuse ive never seen the anime either. As far as I know nico and maki just hug eachother in the anime but the extent of actual yuri is probably little if none at all. It's all just the fanbase that makes it yuri. I mean, you see a ton of bubbline art even though their whole relationship is implied or just friendship.

So you shouldn't have high expectations of yuri for these shows or you're gonna be disappointed.

When a good example ages bad.

joined Oct 25, 2010

I love this couple so much! They are so sweet. Thanks as always for the wonderful story and the beautiful artwork.

joined Oct 25, 2010

This is their first trilogy series. I enjoyed all of their stories and adventures! Their love and happiness makes me feel happy !! Maybe because I can understand how they feel ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.