Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

used to love Sumin but this chapter made me disgusted. She came off as such a self centered jerk. Okay, you know... lets hope she realizes her mistake... I honestly feel bad for Seju right now. It seems like Sumin was taking her for granted after all, in a very bad way because she didn't even the ground to do so. But I have a bad feeling that this won't go TeamBlonde nor TeamPink and the story is not actually about that...
Remember how I said Sungji was the protagonist and Sumin the focal characte/narratorr? And how it'd be hard to endgame to be TeamPink for this reason?
Hint #1 -> Seju's role.
Well, this kind of narrative is extremely fitting for an ending where Sumin ends up alone. And there are recent chapters that back that up. Seju's story was more of a side story before but now she has been fully incorporated in the main plot. There have been some chapters where Seju was the protagonist + narrator. This could be TeamGaji incorporating Seju as a co-protagonist. Because I guess Sungji can't lose her protagonist role as I said but that doesn't mean that Seju can't become a more crucial protagonist than she was before (she already is by now, even Nami has ascended).
Hint #2 -> Healing story.
Does this story seem like it's going to be a healing story at all? If you didn't know it was supposed to would you have guessed? There's drama all over the place. Who is the one causing it? Sumin. I mentioned this before.
At first it seems like it's a healing story told through the romance between Sumin and Sungji which leads to healing Sumin while probably/possibly healing Seju as well in some way. Well, I won't go as far as to say it's forced... But there's something that instead fits perfectly in the puzzle. This is a story about Seju's and Sungji's healing after being hurt by the same person due to actually pretty similar reasons -> Sumin's selfishness. Seju's and Sungji: similar roles, the one with the different role is Sumin and also the one causing most of the pain until now. Also healing sounds a bit like some slice of life calm sort of story. But, what if you take it more literally? It's a story about healing - after a break up, after deciding you can't do on loving this person anymore. This holds true for Seju right now... and if Sumin continues with this attitude it will for Sungji as well.
Hint #3 -> Shocking plot twist. It really is a shocking plot twist. And you know what? If Sungji and Seju just become friends it'd be even more shocking because we've only seen romantic/sexual relationships so far... Well, Nami Sumin still count as friends (obviously they cringed after their experiment) but I mean a friendship with no experiments please. Just a pure innocent one.

Well, anyway. It's only been one chapter though that Sumin has been like that so I don't want to judge based on that. It's just that this theory seems to fit really well in everything... and Sumin just ending up with Sungji won't be an especially shocking plot twist unless it entails something else but I have no idea what.

Tbh, I'm kind of sad because I suspect that this is actually quite possible and I was really happy to read Sungji and Sumin romance and brighten my day... They're one of my favorite couples ever. I definitely wasn't prepared for this... and definitely hope Sumin realizes her mistakes and kneels down asking for forgiveness from Seju and Sungji

Honestly I doubt TeamPink can happen at all due to the nature of the narrative and the characters. Like where would you put Sungji then? With Nami? It seems a bit out of place unless it happened at the very end. Since it's a healing story that would be kind of unfitting; though I guess it would end up being Sumin and Seju's healing story. But as you see it doesn't match as well this way because even at the very end Sungji would have to play a critical role in the story and I'm not sure that could be done if Sumin left her. She can't just suddenly turn into a side character is what I mean. But in contrast; if this is Seju's and Sungji's healing story it makes more sense because Sumin would still relate to everything; there are 40 more chapters (or something like that?). Even if she doesn't play a critical role in Seju's and Sungji's lives she will definitely appear and it's also likely that she apologizes to them in the end making it a healing story for everyone but mostly Seju & Sungji and Sumin being sort of the cause. It will be a story where no one ends up with anyone and they all have to learn to move on... Well, at least it will be an open ending for what might happen next...

P.S-> the fact that this story was not going to include Seju in the beginning makes me hope that it won't end like this but ok... >.>

Seriously though, if Sumin doesn't realize her HUGE mistake in 2-3 chapters I'm withdrawing from TeamBlonde and supporting this ending. I can only forgive Sumin if lets say she just got scared and flipped and said those things in the spur of the moment and then regrets it. Because not only Seju hadn't done ANYTHING; Sumin was the one doing something wrong: betraying Sungji. It seems to be like the possessive one is Sumin and not Seju; she can't expect Seju to just wait there for her in case she gets hurt again. And I think these are Sumin's real feelings; she kind of wants what Seju wants, she's used to it by now; having girlfriends, breaking up and going back to being fwb with Seju. She got used to that type of relationship and when no one is there to guarantee her that her relationship with Sungji will last that's what she going to want ultimately. Her mistake is that she doesn't actually trust Sungji I think and that's why these feelings for Seju manifest. I think they are more of a way to cling on to the good memories she had with Seju and not throwing them away; if Seju stops wanting her it's like those memories will disappear. Yeah, I don't know; she has definitely some feelings for Seju, I can't really tell if they're the type of feelings that'd make her want to get together with Seju again though.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

No, no, listen, Nami and Seju tried to sleep together (not sure if it worked at all even because they didn't show it, I guess they started and they stopped...). Seju also tried to sleep with Nami (in this case nothing at all happened). Sumin and Seju are not in a relationship. Just like Seju doesn't have a say in what Sumin does with Nami; Sumin shouldn't have a say either. But apparently she does.

But isn't the definition of "other woman" a woman who someone from a couple is cheating their partner with? That's what I meant that Nami is not the other woman, since neither Seju nor Sumin cheated with Nami

Sumin having angry sex with Sungji is the least she can do to Sungji right now. If she doesn't hurt her, at leasst she should start talking about her past with her. A couple should share these important stuff with each other to strengthen the bond and trust each other.

joined Mar 8, 2014

No, no, listen, Nami and Seju tried to sleep together (not sure if it worked at all even because they didn't show it, I guess they started and they stopped...). Seju also tried to sleep with Nami (in this case nothing at all happened). Sumin and Seju are not in a relationship. Just like Seju doesn't have a say in what Sumin does with Nami; Sumin shouldn't have a say either. But apparently she does.

But isn't the definition of "other woman" a woman who someone from a couple is cheating their partner with? That's what I meant that Nami is not the other woman, since neither Seju nor Sumin cheated with Nami

Sumin having angry sex with Sungji is the least she can do to Sungji right now. If she doesn't hurt her, at leasst she should start talking about her past with her. A couple should share these important stuff with each other to strengthen the bond and trust each other.

Yeah, she is not the "other woman". It's just the notion of the same woman sleeping with both Seju and Sumin and the different reactions. Though Sumin did say she was her friend which kind of changes things since she wasn't Seju's friend but all in all we know that the fact that Nami was her friend is just an excuse... and maybe when Sumin realizes that herself she will realize her mistake.
If this is going Sumin x Sungji route I honestly think there will be some more drama to come... And that Sumin won't tell everything right away because we need to see Sungji take control of things for once. I think Sungji might try to find out herself. And I hope that angry sex doesn't happen >.> But if it does I think Sumin will stop and feel guilty for it and then Sungji will be mad and that's when she will talk with Nami and go SLAP SUMIN'S FACE.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Last arc is Sungji, and I guess this is where she will learn the whole sttory about Sumin's past. I think we might get an idea of how this will end when the third arc begins

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Since the last arc might be about Sungji, I think the last 5 chapters to the second arc will still focus more on Seju. Also I don't think there'll be an angry sex going on, Sumin's a total jerk if she do that. But from how Sungji and Sumin's current relationship only revolves around sex, who knows.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Since the last arc might be about Sungji, I think the last 5 chapters to the second arc will still focus more on Seju. Also I don't think there'll be an angry sex going on, Sumin's a total jerk if she do that. But from how Sungji and Sumin's current relationship only revolves around sex, who knows.

It definitely doesn't revolve only around sex! >< It's just kind of superficial lets say >.> Gosh I mean they just started doing it... of course it'd be a bit all about that ><
I think Sumin might do that though, and then Sungji might go like "Team Leader, it hurts..." and Sumin will apologize and not be a jerk and generally try to be nice to Sungji and forget about the whole Seju thing but she will end up seeming kind of sad and Sungji will investigate and then she will find out and she will meet with Sumin and err... lets say Sumin will do something slightly jerkish that specific day which will make Sungji reach her limit and give her a BIG SLAP.
I'm Team-Sungji-slaps-Sumin

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

It definitely doesn't revolve only around sex! >< It's just kind of superficial lets say >.> Gosh I mean they just started doing it... of course it'd be a bit all about that ><

Their relationship now are mostly about sex, and sometimes a little dialogue. It's probaly understandable since Sungji was just exposed to sex, and now she's a horny bunny all the time, but I feel like they have more of a relationship before they slept with each other. But that's just me.

I can't wait for the next chapter to see how Sumin's going to be acting around Sungji haha. I also wonder if Sungji saw the news about Seju and Nammi and if she'll ask Sumin about it.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Their relationship now are mostly about sex, and sometimes a little dialogue. It's probaly understandable since Sungji was just exposed to sex, and now she's a horny bunny all the time, but I feel like they have more of a relationship before they slept with each other. But that's just me.

I can't wait for the next chapter to see how Sumin's going to be acting around Sungji haha. I also wonder if Sungji saw the news about Seju and Nammi and if she'll ask Sumin about it.

Yeah, you're right that it does feel this way but there are only so many chapters so they can't show everything and I think they just chose to show the sex (and them being lovely-dovey) in order to amplify whatever drama comes later. Actually we've only see them have sex 3 times and the third one was super short. They probably did more things than have sex XD, they just haven't gone on any dates and stayed at home it seems, which is... pretty normal XD but doesn't make much of a story! But I also didn't like it so much; before there was so much emotion and stuff and they were trying to work on their relationship and stuuuuff but well! Anyway! I'm not getting my hopes up for the next chapter not to be super dramatic! ><

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Yeah, you're right that it does feel this way but there are only so many chapters so they can't show everything and I think they just chose to show the sex (and them being lovely-dovey) in order to amplify whatever drama comes later. Actually we've only see them have sex 3 times and the third one was super short. They probably did more things than have sex XD, they just haven't gone on any dates and stayed at home it seems, which is... pretty normal XD but doesn't make much of a story! But I also didn't like it so much; before there was so much emotion and stuff and they were trying to work on their relationship and stuuuuff but well! Anyway! I'm not getting my hopes up for the next chapter not to be super dramatic! ><

That's probably true that they migth've done something else, but I mean if they are the end game, shouldn't the author explore and develop their relationship more? But like you said, maybe they serve us with the fluffy stuff now before dropping the drama later. About 30ish chapters left, a lot of still can still happen, but not going to keep my hopes up for anything hahaha.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Sumin is the type that can't hide her feelings and the most emotionally unstable out of the heroines. I'm sure Sungji will notice that something is off right away. and we all know Sungji has this carefree attitude. she'll say or do whatever she wants without thinking twice.so, I think things will escalate quickly once Sungji knows the truth

Nami really did a good job creating a drama to knock some senses out of Seju and Sumin. She made Seju realize and acknowledge that even if how long she waited for Sumin to love her again. things will never go back the way it was before between them and it resulted with Sumin realizing she still have feelings for Seju.

Sungji looks like the third party or the one who's out of place in the current storyline. I know that despite everyone saying that Sungji is the main heroine.I think it's the three of them. no one is much important than the other. though Sumin is the center/focal character of everything. Nami is a good friend though. I mean she knows Sumin has an option now other than being with Seju. so, if Sumin really want a happy ending. she will need to resolve her issue with Seju. no matter what/who she chooses in the end.

last edited at Apr 14, 2016 9:57AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Who is the artist of that image? Kind of wanted to see more of them now.

Thiaguinho-sama
I have no idea who drew it. I found it on twitter. I want to find the artist too.

Found another one. ^^ I guess the artist must be on TeamBlonde.

I've found it. The artist is Alina Vi (VIA). And she is really on TeamBlonde.

last edited at Apr 14, 2016 7:07PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Sumin is the type that can't hide her feelings and the most emotionally unstable out of the heroines. I'm sure Sungji will notice that something is off right away. and we all know Sungji has this carefree attitude. she'll say or do whatever she wants without thinking twice.so, I think things will escalate quickly once Sungji knows the truth

Nami really did a good job creating a drama to knock some senses out of Seju and Sumin. She made Seju realize and acknowledge that even if how long she waited for Sumin to love her again. things will never go back the way it was before between them and it resulted with Sumin realizing she still have feelings for Seju.

Sungji looks like the third party or the one who's out of place in the current storyline. I know that despite everyone saying that Sungji is the main heroine.I think it's the three of them. no one is much important than the other. though Sumin is the center/focal character of everything. Nami is a good friend though. I mean she knows Sumin has an option now other than being with Seju. so, if Sumin really want a happy ending. she will need to resolve her issue with Seju. no matter what/who she chooses in the end.

Well Sungji was definitely introduced as the heroine. But I have no idea what will happen from now on. Er... I wouldn't say Sungji is out of place. It's only been 2 chapters and she's probably going to learn the whole truth and get really involved in this soon.
Aaaactually, I don't think Sungji has such a carefree attitude as it seems. Remember when she tried to hard to follow her friend's advice and rejected Sumin's gift? Or when she got mad at Sumin and got kind of cold towards her instead of facing her directly...? But I also think things will escalate quickly because I doubt Sungji is going to put up with this.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Past couple of chapters have definitely shut me up and endeared me to Seju ALOT more. Not saying I'm Team Pink but I wouldn't be terribly upset if Seju and Sumin repaired whatever they have/had.

+20 for character development.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Also for anyone into astrology E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E in this manhwa perfectly embodies their sun sign. Following along in that context everyone is acting like the typical Taurus (Sungji), Cancer (Sumin), and Scorpio (Seju). Pretty sure Nami is a Gemini as well. Anyone into astrology wanna present their hot take?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

well fuck, I want chapter 50. I hate these cliff hangers grr

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Also for anyone into astrology E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E in this manhwa perfectly embodies their sun sign. Following along in that context everyone is acting like the typical Taurus (Sungji), Cancer (Sumin), and Scorpio (Seju). Pretty sure Nami is a Gemini as well. Anyone into astrology wanna present their hot take?

Interesting. It looks like the author did carefully picked their signs, since both scorpio and taurus are an ideal match for cancer. Judging by the star sign alone, I say Sungji x Sumin is a strong end game, but Seju will remain in Sumin's life.

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Until now, the mechanism was: Sumin met a woman who hurts her and returns to Seju. ( In 10 years all woman were bitches? :(( )
Sunji isn't bad one. She is a real angel.
So, two things, also obvious: Or finally Sumin with Sunji will have a relationship without drama, peaceful and lasting.
Or even if she has no problem with Sunji, she come back to Seju because she will understand that she is still in love, in this case the role of Sunji is to "break the mechanism: I'm going back to Seju because with the other did not work", but I come back to Seju because I can't erase her from my life.

Maybe twisted thinking.

Sumin now must figure out if her anger for Seju is only possession, or even love. And she must understand quickly because Sunji does not deserve to have a broken heart. Eventually maybe Sunji will prove to be the most mature character of all. Also I hope no suicide, no car accident (the blood-red car, the reference to the reckless driving of Seju) ... no violent aspect from the "bad family Seju". And above all that whatever happens in the end, this story is plausible and well written. Sorry for my bad english.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Or even if she has no problem with Sunji, she come back to Seju because she will understand that she is still in love, in this case the role of Sunji is to "break the mechanism: I'm going back to Seju because with the other did not work", but I come back to Seju because I can't erase her from my life.

This is possible. Maybe Sungji is put in the story for that reason, to help Sumin realise her own feelings

Maybe twisted thinking.

Also I hope no suicide, no car accident (the blood-red car, the reference to the reckless driving of Seju) ... no violent aspect from the "bad family Seju". And above all that whatever happens in the end, this story is plausible and well written. Sorry for my bad english.

I'm hoping for the same thing.

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but I just found out WDTFS is on the English Lezhin website. It's pretty behind (the English is on chap. 33). Will halmoni keep translating the Korean chapters for us? Or should I start finding a way to refund my coins and buy the Lezhin-translated chapters once they catch up?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but I just found out WDTFS is on the English Lezhin website. It's pretty behind (the English is on chap. 33). Will halmoni keep translating the Korean chapters for us? Or should I start finding a way to refund my coins and buy the Lezhin-translated chapters once they catch up?

Send me a message on my tumblr for further instructions on how to get my translations (halmoniswag.tumblr.com)

A lot of people here seem to be reading other public translations, but if you prefer my style/coherency/whatever, I've translated all of the current chapters.

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

A lot of people here seem to be reading other public translations, but if you prefer my style/coherency/whatever, I've translated all of the current chapters.

Thanks always 4 your translations!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

sia ue posted:

Who is the artist of that image? Kind of wanted to see more of them now.

Thiaguinho-sama
I have no idea who drew it. I found it on twitter. I want to find the artist too.

Found another one. ^^ I guess the artist must be on TeamBlonde.
https://s24.postimg.org/kfje2imzp/CfbzS3hW4AEaeGd.jpg

I've found it. The artist is Alina Vi (VIA). And she is really on TeamBlonde.

Oh you found the artist name, nice, hope they do more WDTFS art, if they do please post it too~~

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

The whole rainbow of Sumin's sexual partners coming to haunt her this chapter...

Well at least looks like Sungji will wiggle her way back into the picture next week (the mantra of a TeamBlonde member during times like these...).

last edited at Apr 20, 2016 9:13AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm really confused about what is going on in this chapter. What the hell was this in the end? It's confusing because the flashbacks are supposed to have a black background, not simply a black text box. Tbhis usually means the scene happens now, but the black text means they are thinkinng of something from the past.
But that would mean that Sumin and Seju slept together now, but I don't think this would go so far as her cheating on Sungji.
Also she met themole guy? The hell...I wonder why she didn't pursue him when he marked her with a sword.
Also pretty sure Sumin is a nymphomaniac lol

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Looks like teamblonde is in danger. Can't tell much without the translation, but brace yourself, more drama is coming.

To reply you must either login or sign up.