Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Going to need another read of this at some point, but just initial impression is that Seju is just so terribly human.

To be fair terribly human does not always mean not being able to move on from a situation. This doesn't make her more human than someone who does not have this weakness.

Decent point, but I don't think calling someone human for having faults negates the possibility of being human for having strengths.

I'm not convinced at all how Sungji is different from Sumin's past relationships. And if she is, we should see a better proof than just Sumin avoiding to have sex with Sungji.

I don't think the main difference is holding out to have sex. The biggest factor is her willingness to go out of her way to do things for Sungji. It started out as "it's annoying that I'm her first love," to accommodating Sungji's obsession with all her "firsts" in every way she could. Sumin is terribly selfish and takes and takes from Seju, but she does go out of her way to make Sungji happy and comfortable (her memories just perpetually get in the way of her doing this a lot of time, which the story has covered extensively...)

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 11:04AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Why was Seju inside the car on front of Sumin's place?

Maybe she missed Sumin so much that she always spied on her.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Going to need another read of this at some point, but just initial impression is that Seju is just so terribly human.

To be fair terribly human does not always mean not being able to move on from a situation. This doesn't make her more human than someone who does not have this weakness.

Decent point, but I don't think calling someone human for having faults negates the possibility of being human for having strengths.

I'm not convinced at all how Sungji is different from Sumin's past relationships. And if she is, we should see a better proof than just Sumin avoiding to have sex with Sungji.

I don't think the main difference is holding out to have sex. The biggest factor is her willingness to go out of her way to do things for Sungji. It started out as "it's annoying that I'm her first love," to accommodating Sungji's obsession with all her "firsts" in every way she could. Sumin is terribly selfish and takes and takes from Seju, but she does go out of her way to make Sungji happy and comfortable (her memories just perpetually get in the way of her doing this a lot of time, which the story has covered extensively...)

Unfortunately I must agree. Sumin is or was indeed selfish. What had the biggest impact on me is her relationship with the lawyer. She seemed kind of a jerk with that one and she also seemed a bit of a jerk when she first discovered that Sungji liked her. She went right into wanting to have sex with her and was kind of inconsiderate. She also seemed a bit mean when she thought that it was annoying that she was her first love but I think that's mainly because she was afraid to hurt her (like she hurt the lawyer girl). But after that Sumin learned from her past mistakes in other relationships and tried to overcome this fear and treat Sungji the best she could as you said. She started developing deeper feelings for her and in doing so she grew afraid of 'spoiling' her I think, since she had done so in other relationships. And yes she was very selfish with Seju but I think she was being more vengeful rather than selfish, she just wanted to hurt Seju like she hurt her, not that this is right of course! But I think that now we will see that she might treat Seju better and nicely reject her (I hope!!!).

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

so far we have never once seen any good thing happened to Seju

This.

Sometimes I do want Seju to just say fuck this shit, move on, leave Sumin and all her past behind. But that's unlikely to happen here.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

so far we have never once seen any good thing happened to Seju

This.

Sometimes I do want Seju to just say fuck this shit, move on, leave Sumin and all her past behind. But that's unlikely to happen here.

This is Sumin's story, giving Seju a happy ending, like moving on, might be just a low priority thing to the author. I don't even think there is a hope for that. (╥_╥)

I don't think this is just Sumin's story, and since this is supposed to be a healing story, they all should get a happy ending, maybe not the kind of happy ending we have in mind, but in a way (at least that's what I want to believe). But yeah, we won't get any Seju moving on from Sumin, and go be happy on her own here.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think an endings that can make Seju happy is either her moving on or reconciling with Sumin. But neither of these is unlikely to happen. Perhaps the healing here never apply to Seju.

I think Seju moving on is still a possible scenario, maybe chances are small, but it's still there. If by reconciling you mean, Seju fixing her relationship with Sumin as friends or family, then that scenario is also possible. But if you mean Seju getting back together with Sumin, then I also think that it's unlikely to happen. It would bother me so much though, if the healing is only on Sumin's part, since Seju was hurt just as much, or even more than Sumin. So I'm hoping that the author would not leave Seju in the dirt I mean come on, she's their favourite character

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 3:15PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Didn't we already talk about who the story is about a few pages ago? This was never "Sumin story", just like FF is about both No-rae and Seol-a, WDTFS was always about both Seju and Sumin, now about Sungji too, not to mention this is a healing story, not only it doesn't make sense Seju not getting a happy ending, but fans would riot too if she didn't get one.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Didn't we already talk about who the story is about a few pages ago? This was never "Sumin story", just like FF is about both No-rae and Seol-a, WDTFS was always about both Seju and Sumin, now about Sungji too, not to mention this is a healing story, not only it doesn't make sense Seju not getting a happy ending, but fans would riot too if she didn't get one.

Yeah, I know. But it still is so hard to coexistently heal both Sumin and Seju.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I think Seju moving on is still a possible scenario, maybe chances are small, but it's still there.

It's been 10 years, yet she hasn't even moved on a bit.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think Seju moving on is still a possible scenario, maybe chances are small, but it's still there.

It's been 10 years, yet she hasn't even moved on a bit.

Neither Sumin moved, both stopped to move on 10 years ago, the difference between them is that Seju is passive while Sumin is active, that's why it's way more obvious that Seju hasn't moved at all, but now that Sumin is moving foward Seju will be forced to move foward too, since this is a healing story she will definitely get a happy ending, there's only three options, threesome ending, she gives up on Sumin and move on, or she end up with Nami or some other woman that will be introduced later.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 3:59PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think this is just Sumin's story, and since this is supposed to be a healing story, they all should get a happy ending, maybe not the kind of happy ending we have in mind, but in a way (at least that's what I want to believe).

This was never "Sumin story", just like FF is about both No-rae and Seol-a, WDTFS was always about both Seju and Sumin, now about Sungji too, not to mention this is a healing story, not only it doesn't make sense Seju not getting a happy ending, but fans would riot too if she didn't get one.

Don't you guys think we should lower our expectation so that If the author-nim happened to mistakenly give a bad ending for the story, we would not go burning her house? (Just kidding :D)

What can go worse than this? Maybe if Seju dies only...which is unlikely imo. And a wedding is also not possible since Gaji said so.

Cuz i dont know how the auther will separate or end seju/sumin story

Or they turn Seju into a psycho that even TeamPink doesn't like her anymore...

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 4:21PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

I don't think it's unlikely at all for Seju to get a happy ending!! I mean, it's pretty easy to do it and it's connected to Sumin as well so the author shouldn't have any problem. If Sumin has really grown from her relationship with Sungji she will realize that she needs to stop having this hatred against Seju. Also Seju should stop just trying to be sneaky about luring Sumin back and just be honest about her feelings. The reason she doesn't do this I think is because she fears Sumin will reject her and on top of that make fun of her. But if Sumin has really developed she will not do this.
Also I think Sumin was an okay person all along. She just became rather inconsiderate at times after the incident with Seju. But she wasn't doing this on purpose, she was just trying to avoid the same outcome. I think she is pretty romantic and caring but hasn't been able to show that for a long time because she got really hurt back when she used to be like that. Though tbh, I don't find the Sumin of the past that attractive. It's her no-nonsense, a bit short-tempered (according to lezhin too) and serious personality but also delicate and caring on the inside that makes her irresistible. But at the same time in the past (before Seju cheated on her and he parents died) we only see happy moments so obviously she's more cheerful when she's with her girlfriend. The only thing that bothers me about Sungji is that she doesn't seem to know why she is in love with Sumin other than because she likes her face or something; which is kind of dumb... >.> so yeah...
Also... 'Lezhin' '*Lez*hin' lez? lesbian? is that it? 'cause all the winners seem to be yuri comics... XD

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 4:32PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If that happened, she must be the super cutest psycho on earth. TeamPink might come to love her even more. XD

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

For the worst, I'd rather the author kill Seju than turn her into a psycho.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

If that happened, she must be the super cutest psycho on earth. TeamPink might come to love her even more. XD

To be honest I'd still like her, because I know they would just do that because they couldn't find any other way of giving an ending to this cycle.
What would bother me is that her haters would have another reason to throw stones at her

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Amen.
+10

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

both options are not good for me!! we need a WDTFS sequel. where seju will find her own love. and they'll live beside sumin and sungji, and they'll have hotpots together and be one big happy family. the end.

and then, i want another sequel of that, where their children will fall in love with each other, thus fulfilling seju's heart's desire.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 6:49PM

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

both options are not good for me!! we need a WDTFS sequel. where seju will find her own love. and they'll live beside sumin and sungji, and they'll have hotpots together and be one big happy family. the end.

and then, i want another sequel of that, where their children will fall in love with each other, thus fulfilling seju's heart's desire.

No shit this is gonna happen. Like Seju is so broken to be in 'that' kind of terms with Sumin x Sungji (if ever the endgame is #TeamBlonde). And that sounds like it came from a kid's fairy tale story. Lol lol lol
Sorry. I just can't imagine that that kinda theory is possible.

joined Mar 16, 2016

A version I read does not have this pages. Just in case some people here read the same version as I did.

Hey ^^ is there any chance that you could give me directions towards the raws :S ?
Don't need a full link just some pointers or dunno... the right combination of words for google :P

I can't handle my current anticipation and all i know about so far are the spanish scans and an imgur scanlation ^^
Both are not up yet and i know it's kinda bad to ask for it but if i had a credit card or would understand the korean payment instructions i would buy it myself :/

joined Sep 15, 2015

^ look for the instructions on the very first page of this forum

joined Mar 8, 2014

oh gosh no, this is unexpected, the story suddenly took a 360 degree turn and now we have Seju's POV... I sense some drama is near... Seju vs Sungji type of drama. I'm pretty sure the 'being-with-both' ending would be a joke at this point though. Seju is clearly bothered and she thinks and that Sumin's relationship with Sungji will end as well but at the same time she is scared it won't. I think the story might focus more on Seju now and I think Sungji might confront her at some point. I think I understand now why Sungji doesn't seem interesting, she never seems to worry or think too much about anything. Never seems, but we have hardly seen her POV and I think we might soon and it will be mindblowing... Tbh, most of my impressions from Sungji are from assumptions I made of what she's thinking but I only make them because I can see myself in her shoes. For example, when Sungji got mad I believe it was because Sumin didn't give her enough attention and seemed to avoid doing it with her. And! I think Sungji was feeling insecure about whether Sumin really wanted to be with her because not only was she avoiding it but she was also acting kind of cold at times. I think it really annoyed her and she wanted 'payback'. But when Sumin went all the way to her village it made her really happy that she got her attention and she wasn't mad anymore so she just brushed it off and forgot about it. I think Seju will do something to claim Sumin and Sumin will feel weird and Sungji will realize what has been going on and she will really go against Seju and I think we will see her getting mad. Because, I think Sungji is not just meant to be a naive innocent girl. Now that I think about it she usually seems really emotionless, at first I didn't get her. But then we saw her crying and she seemed really sensitive. And she is really cheerful around Sumin. I think she appears to be calm but at times we suddenly see her extremely happy/sad, that's why I think we will also see her getting angry.
And btw, this is an interesting way of changing the roles of the characters. Narrator is Seju for now so I have a feeling this is like a second arc (we are in the middle as well, right?). I think the protagonist will still be Sungji and Sumin focal character.
P.S -> I'm sad we didn't get any Sungji x Sumin action today -.-

Okay so I reread some of the previous chapters. I'm not sure buuut I think, I think Sungji seems to be hiding something. I think she might be a bit more cunning than she seems, trying to lure Sumin to give her attention. I noticed Sumin was thinking "her tears have already dried", which possibly means Sungji was acting a bit to get attention after some point. She might be a bit calculative now that I think about it... but also impulsive at the same time and kind of switches between those. I'm not sure, I'm curious now!!

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 8:45PM

joined Sep 15, 2015

Lezhin app is on your phone. And you can buy the raws in the website itself and like the instructions are encircled with english translations too.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 8:15PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Lezhin app is on your phone. And you can buy the raws in the website itself and like the instructions are encircled with english translations too.

Okay, thanks. Gonna try again.

Jpeg_20181005_095801%20(1)
joined Apr 8, 2014

I think this is Seju's way of repenting from her past mistake. It's been 10 years and she hasn't moved on a bit. Seju would rather let Sumin take advantage of her than be damn honest that she's still deeply in love with Sumin after all those years. She thinks she'll have her always, which is not the case this time. Well, hopefully. She knows Sumin will come back after having a bad break up. But seeing that last panel in chapter 44, she might think otherwise. She's a fool for Sumin so bad, where Sumin is like a drug to her. Hopefully, it will be different this time, so she'll stop waiting for Sumin and crawling back to her arms. Want some good action from Seju. I want to see a desperate side from her lol!
Sigh... There is a slim chance of her getting back together with Sumin. Both of them are so broken. Big fat chance that Sumin will have a nicer closure, or so I thought, comparing to Seju. It's sad to see Seju is experiencing all of this pain for 10 years.
Btw, I thought she was stalking Sumin when she was in the car after buying the raw version of chapter 45. I found that somewhat funny. Obssess much hahaha!

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 11:00PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Btw, I thought she was stalking Sumin when she was in the car after buying the raw version of chapter 45.

Wasn't it considered as stalking?

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 8:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.