Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Aug 18, 2015

She was probably just like "F*ck it all!" and ended up doing what she did, because she was yearning to at least feel something good

I agree with everything you said except this part. I don't think Seju actually wanted to feel something good. She's gay, so it would make more sense if she slept with a woman instead of a guy to feel good.
My theory is that Seju was feeling responsible and guilty for Sumin's parents, and so she slept with the guy as a way to punish herself. I don't think it's a coinscidence Gaji chose the cheating to be with a guy instead of a woman.

I agree Seju probably felt responsible for Sumin's parents, n she also thought Sumin blaming her for it (re chapter 10). But to think she slept with a guy to punish herself is quite hard to imagine. there r some people who make bad decisions while under huge amount of stress. Alcohol certain doesn't help in those situations.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

so she might have thought about why she slept with a guy or had something to tell to Sumin about it but never had a chance because of how she reacted

Well it's been 10 years since that incident and they haven't been together since then. I don't think they will ever sit down and talk about the cheating. There is no point now, especially now that Sumin is with Sungji. No point of discussing an ex's cheating with them when she dates another person and probably will never be back with Seju again.
Besides we've seen how the story focuses heavily on Sumin and Sungji right now, and at this point I'm not sure if they will focus on Seju in general a lot again.
But I do think that Sumin has to at least have an honest talk with Seju before getting involved with Sungji even more. It's obvious she is still not over her past, so trying to temporarly forget about it, is not the right way.

I agree Seju probably felt responsible for Sumin's parents, n she also thought Sumin blaming her for it (re chapter 10). But to think she slept with a guy to punish herself is quite hard to imagine. there r some people who make bad decisions while under huge amount of stress. Alcohol certain doesn't help in those situations.

It can be as simple as a mistake too. We don't really have more details of why she did it, if there is a reason at all. But I don't think she did it for pleasure though.
Because sleeping with someone is a very intimate thing to do, so if done with the wrong person it can turn from something nice to something ugly.
Of course there are some people who simply see it as fun and nothing more, but Seju hasn't been with anyone else besides Sumin for all these years, so I think this shows who she is in this situation

joined Aug 18, 2015

so she might have thought about why she slept with a guy or had something to tell to Sumin about it but never had a chance because of how she reacted

Well it's been 10 years since that incident and they haven't been together since then. I don't think they will ever sit down and talk about the cheating. There is no point now, especially now that Sumin is with Sungji. No point of discussing an ex's cheating with them when she dates another person and probably will never be back with Seju again.
Besides we've seen how the story focuses heavily on Sumin and Sungji right now, and at this point I'm not sure if they will focus on Seju in general a lot again.
But I do think that Sumin has to at least have an honest talk with Seju before getting involved with Sungji even more. It's obvious she is still not over her past, so trying to temporarly forget about it, is not the right way.

imo it's suck to be in Sumin's shoes now. Let's see how things pan out in the next chapters

It can be as simple as a mistake too. We don't really have more details of why she did it, if there is a reason at all. But I don't think she did it for pleasure though.

Because sleeping with someone is a very intimate thing to do, so if done with the wrong person it can turn from something nice to something ugly.
Of course there are some people who simply see it as fun and nothing more, but Seju hasn't been with anyone else besides Sumin for all these years, so I think this shows who she is in this situation

I think Seju stops drinking alcohol after the incident. never like using alcohol as an excuse but the alcohol may have played a factor that night.

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

I think Seju stops drinking alcohol after the incident. never like using alcohol as an excuse but the alcohol may have played a factor that night.

The fact that she was so hurt on how Sumin acted against her and just broke her heart that night might also be a factor as to why she did that mistake while in the influence of alcohol.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

42 is out and...God...

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 9:30AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

@MacySan

I don't think Seju actually wanted to feel something good. She's gay, so it would make more sense if she slept with a woman instead of a guy to feel good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was never explicitly stated that Seju is gay. Seeing how she only had female lovers and also explicitly said it to Sungji, I think Sumin is definitely a lesbian, but for all we know until now, Seju could be bi in a sexual way, but is just really into Sumin as a person, know what I mean? She could be physically attracted to both genders, but is completely in love with Sumin, who just happens to be a woman.

Also, could you explain a bit more why you think that Seju is feeling responsible for the death of Sumin's parents? I can't quite follow you there. o.o;

@mikasamikasa77

Already!? o.o According to the site whose name shall never be mentioned on dynasty , chapter 41 was added only 2 days ago and they haven't added ch. 42 yet. And they're usually one of the fastest sites when it comes to adding new chappies. o.o Are you reading it on Lezhin?

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 10:50AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

So hot yet so short.
Finally finally it is WDTFS

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

@MacySan

I don't think Seju actually wanted to feel something good. She's gay, so it would make more sense if she slept with a woman instead of a guy to feel good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was never explicitly stated that Seju is gay. Seeing how she only had female lovers and also explicitly said it to Sungji, I think Sumin is definitely a lesbian, but for all we know until now, Seju could be bi in a sexual way, but is just really into Sumin as a person, know what I mean? She could be physically attracted to both genders, but is completely in love with Sumin, who just happens to be a woman.

Also, could you explain a bit more why you think that Seju is feeling responsible for the death of Sumin's parents? I can't quite follow you there. o.o;

By bi in a sexual way you mean something like homoromantic bisexual? Didn't she say to the guy she only have interest in woman? If she feels guilty for anything I think it would be for Sumin suffering instead of her parents death, after all it was a fatality, not really her fault that the accident happened and they died, and where is your avatar from Suzuma?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Seju said she is not interested in men when that barista hinted on her in the beggining. This pretty much seems like she said she is gay to me. Also most of the females in Wdtfs are gay, not bi. Of course this is not a proof for Seju, but still maybe an indicator.
It was Seju who gave as a gift the tickets for that trip to Sumin's parents. And they got killed on that trip. Also when she went to talk to Sumin, before she left she said "But you don't think this is my fault right" talking about Sumin's parents. After that, she went to that bar, got drunk and we know what happened next

If she feels guilty for anything I think it would be for Sumin suffering instead of her parents death, after all it was a fatality

But if she didn't give them the tickets as a gift they wouldn't have died.

Anyway I think talking about it right now is pointless. The story starts showing the direction it's going. I'm curious about the ending, but not sure if I'll be reading it weekly

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 11:25AM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

If she feels guilty for anything I think it would be for Sumin suffering instead of her parents death, after all it was a fatality

But if she didn't give them the tickets as a gift they wouldn't have died.

True, but that still doesn't make it her fault, technically we don't really know if she feels guilty about it or not, that's why I said that maybe if she feels guilty it is because of all the suffering she indirectly caused to Sumin, but I agree that right now it is kind of poitless, same for the cheating, unless they talk about it later then I think we can assume we'll never see more details about it.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 11:32AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

T-sama you seem to know more about WDTFS just by reading the discussion lol

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Haha, well people do make some pretty good posts in the discussion and I've being reading it since the beginning too, so even though I didn't read it yet I have a good notion of what is happening as people tend to point out things we could miss, althought I could read the version that some readers have I still don't have enough will power to read all 42 chapters, too lazy to do it lately, so it's in wait together with a lot of other things I need to do.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!! They really did it in Chapter 42. Did anyone see this coming? I should have guessed it right since it's WDTFS, not FF.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 12:40PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@T-sama

Haha, well people do make some pretty good posts in the discussion and I've being reading it since the beginning too, so even though I didn't read it yet I have a good notion of what is happening as people tend to point out things we could miss, althought I could read the version that some readers have I still don't have enough will power to read all 42 chapters, too lazy to do it lately, so it's in wait together with a lot of other things I need to do.

Doesn't it spoil the fun when you decide to actually read the manhwa?
Once I watched an adapted movie, I could rarely pick up the original book.

@MacySan

[...] I'm curious about the ending, but not sure if I'll be reading it weekly

I'm not really invested in this manhwa, but I like reading the discussion here. That'd be too bad if you don't read it weekly cuz you move the discussion so well. Have you read today's chapter? What's your take on it? It's as sexy as WDTFS can delivery, but I'm yearning for more drama here.
Off topic: your name reminded me of the $100 Macy's gift card I just strangely found in my bag yesterday. I feel so guilty that I can't even remember when or who gave it to me lol

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 12:26PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Doesn't it spoil the fun when you decide to actually read the manhwa?
Once I watched an adapted movie, I could rarely pick up the original book.

I never really had problems with spoilers, I actually like spoilers so depending on the serie I search for them to know how things will go, either way I'll enjoy it so I like to know if I'll be disappointed with something or not, depending of what it is it actually gives me more reason to read, watch or play that thing, for me at least even if I have some notion of what and how it will happen it's never the same as actually seeing that happen, so I can enjoy it without a problem, not to mention that unless I keep in mind a specific detail that is important, usually something that I can't miss in a game that would be lost forever, I don't really remember much of the spoilers as I'm too concentrated at what happened and is happening, not to mention that sometimes it takes a really long time for me to finally read, watch or play it so I don't remember much of the spoilers anymore, it doesn't really matter if I know everything that will happen, if that thing gets my attention I will definitely read, watch or play that thing, eventually, when I'm less lazy...

But I get why some people have problems with spoilers, same for cheats on games, I love both. \ (TwT) /

I'm not really invested in this manhwa, but I like reading the discussion here. That'd be too bad if you don't read it weekly cuz you move the discussion so well. Have you read today's chapter? What's your take on it? It's as sexy as WDTFS can delivery, but I'm yearning for more drama here.

Me too, not too much invested, obvious since I didn't read it yet... But I like to read the discussion, though in my case I read pretty much all threads on Dynasty, can't live without my daily dose of Dynasty and Yuri, as for more drama, I suspect we're going to have drama only when we go back to Seju, either because of her interaction with Sumin, her shitty family or Nami.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 12:57PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Off topic: your name reminded me of the $100 Macy's gift card I just strangely found in my bag yesterday. I feel so guilty that I can't even remember when or who gave it to me lol

Lucky you, spend it well! Maybe you'll eventually find out who gave it to you haha xD

Yes I've read today's chapter. Actually it's more or less how I expected it to be. And I think next chapter there is a high chance of them getting interrupted or Sumin stopping for some reason lol.

To be honest when I read a romance manga/manhwa/anime whatever, I'm really invested in the romance aspect and the feelings between the main couple. FF is a perfect example of it, it is very well written character and development wise and there is not even a kiss and I don't even mind.
Also Hibike!Euphonium, it was even a yuri bait, but the moments between Reina and Kumiko were amazing, it felt so nice watching them interracting together, I just didn't even care if they didn't kiss or confess, although that wouldn't be bad either.

Sex on the other hand, if there is no tension (at least to me) is pointless. WDTFS seems to be going down this route right now. Or it was always like this and I just misinterpreted it.
Right now, and for some chapters ago I'm not very moved by Sumin/Sungji's relationship. I just don't feel the tension that makes me interested to keep on reading further.

I know the authors are trying to show how Sumin is healling when she's with Sungji, but this way feels wrong. Had it been real life, I would think Sumin is just trying to avoid facing her problems. Because these problems just don't go away if someone doesn't face them first.
The story right now, and for the past 15 chapters feels like it's repeating itself. Will they do it? They won't. Sumin stops, then Sumin starts. Then maybe add some Seju and Nami small sidestory that won't even exlpore further. Or maybe they will, after 10 chapters of Sumin and Sungji doing it or not doing it.
And this pattern being repeated all over again.

The art and the scenes are very well done and pretty, but besides that the rest of it is lacking in my opinion. Bottom line, it's a personal taste and a lot of people enjoy reading this.

But it would be interesting to hear a different take about Sumin/Sungji's relationship and development.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Haha called it. I bet next chapter will be a continuation of them copulating, with a little side story of Nami hitting on Seju.

Right now, and for some chapters ago I'm not very moved by Sumin/Sungji's relationship

Agreed

The story right now, and for the past 15 chapters feels like it's repeating itself.

Agreed. This one is very noticeable.

Sungji should be helping Sumin with the healing but for the last couple of chapters, all she's been after is sex. It makes her no different from Sumin's past relationships. Also if Sumin finally going all the way with Sungji is the author's way of showing that Sumin is finally ready to move on from her past...I just don't think that it's the best way to do so.
The story itself is getting less and less interesting by each chapter. I feel like it stopped being that interesting since the second arc started. In the first arc, there was a story going on but so far, in this second arc, it's mostly been about "to fuck or not to fuck the girl" without any meaningful development.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

MacySan

Yes I've read today's chapter. Actually it's more or less how I expected it to be. And I think next chapter there is a high chance of them getting interrupted or Sumin stopping for some reason lol.

Lol that'd be too bad. 'Cuz it's truly time. There's nothing else to explore between them anymore. They're dating, and both of them know Sungji is crazy about Sumin. Sumin really likes Sungji yet she's just been really afraid. Then they've talked about it. There's only sex left.
That's the reason why I'm still reading because I'm just really interested in how Team Gaji will take it from here. They kinda had what it takes it in the beginning.

To be honest when I read a romance manga/manhwa/anime whatever, I'm really invested in the romance aspect and the feelings between the main couple. FF is a perfect example of it, it is very well written character and development wise and there is not even a kiss and I don't even mind.
Also Hibike!Euphonium, it was even a yuri bait, but the moments between Reina and Kumiko were amazing, it felt so nice watching them interracting together, I just didn't even care if they didn't kiss or confess, although that wouldn't be bad either.

In my entire time as a yuri fan, I've never been much of a shipper. The last time I shipped yuri in a het anime show was Nana x Hachi, and that was almost 10 years ago lol. Then Kumirei came along. Fudge, the whole anime was perfect. But most of all Kumirei was so beautiful. The chemistry between them was undeniable. The fascination Kumiko had for Reina was built up nicely from the 1st episode. Same for Seolrae. I'd never been a die-hard fan for anything until FF. I thought WDTFS would help my waiting for FF be more tolerable, but this week it doesn't help a bit. The waiting is pure torture

Sex on the other hand, if there is no tension (at least to me) is pointless. WDTFS seems to be going down this route right now. Or it was always like this and I just misinterpreted it.
Right now, and for some chapters ago I'm not very moved by Sumin/Sungji's relationship. I just don't feel the tension that makes me interested to keep on reading further.

You really got it out of my mouth. But I think I've already said somewhere on Dynasty that I'd never gotten turned on by WDTFS sex scenes. It's beautifully drawn, but just pure sex and no tension. There's no built-up for every single sex scene before Chap 41. Personally I thought the tension could be portrayed by good facial expressions and body movements during sex. But team gaji's art style is too clean for that IMHO.
Chap 42 could be slightly an exception because they've been trying to build it up by the past couple of chapters. But I still didn't feel it either.... Ok maybe i did feel it a lil lol

The art and the scenes are very well done and pretty, but besides that the rest of it is lacking in my opinion. Bottom line, it's a personal taste and a lot of people enjoy reading this.
But it would be interesting to hear a different take about Sumin/Sungji's relationship and development.

Yes, it really depends on the readers' personal preference. That's why I like reading the discussion here.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 4:31PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Maybe we'll get too see Sungji wear black bras in the future lol

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Finally!! I'm a happy camper!! :D

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I've read it further on mangafox.
Woaaah! I'm in love with the story and art!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

You are right but I think that a lot of things will start happening after this... and I don't think Sumin is going to stop, it would be waaaay too repetitive if she did. And I'm not sure um... it was a bit predictable but at the same time really cute... like Sumin is really worried about Sungji and reading some previous chapters I think she might have been more worried about her than herself... In the flashback, remembering how attached she got to Seju when they did it... I think she wasn't scared for herself only but more scared for Sungji... because all her relationships have failed maybe she is not really confident that she can make Sungji happy and give her the love she needs... but I think now she is starting to understand that Sungji loves her the way she is and she just... omgggg >.< I have no words!! I like the characters too much so maybe I'm a bit biased... I mean Sumin... she's so cool, goshhhh

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

OMG why did they have to end it at a the good part!!!!!!!!

joined Aug 18, 2015

I am heavily invested in this Manhwa-I mean financially invested. I probably will end up buying the official translated version if they have 'decent' ending. I hope they won't get interrupted in the next chapter bc I dont see the rationale behind it. I mean they are already in the middle of doing it. got to say this Manhwa is so modern to me.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

They are somewhere with no good signal reception and it's in the middle of the night. Also they are staying at what appears to be somekind of a cheap love hotel ( judging from the movie the Tv was playing). So I believe nothing should be able to interrupt them. And Sumin would be such an arse if she stops half-way after going that far.

To reply you must either login or sign up.