Forum › Smiling Back When You're Next to Me discussion

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

When you pay no mind to the not-so-subtle foreshadowing at the beginning of a manga and get completely blindsided by the ending...

Ouch, my feels.

joined Aug 16, 2014

For such a cute doujin....but such a sad ending...why??
Does anyone know if Nanoha ending up in the hospital was actually part of the main story? I read this moment in another nanohaxfate doujin so Im just checking.

joined Aug 14, 2015

Between the second and third season, Nanoha overworks herself and get injured on-duty. This leave her in rehab for several months. This is not shown on screen but is referenced in the third season.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 12:48AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I wish they would explain what happened to Nanoha at that time IN DETAIL (like an ova or whatever, fuck they have 4 series but can't even make an ova out of the interesting stuff?)

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Eh, I've read about it before, like Aikawa_Kizuna said. Even in doujins it's not uncommon http://dynasty-scans.com/series/santa_sangre

I'd rather focus on how goddamn adorable the first 20 pages were. Kohagura's come a long way; this should be at least considered for moe up the butt.

Bless Madokami for new NanoFate in 2016.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 2:26AM

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I wish they would explain what happened to Nanoha at that time IN DETAIL (like an ova or whatever, fuck they have 4 series but can't even make an ova out of the interesting stuff?)

The third movie is supposed to have an original plot and appears to focus on the time between A's and StrikerS; it wouldn't surprise me at all if they chose to explore that off-screen plot arc. That being said, it's a very negative way to end a movie, with Nanoha being severely wounded and facing life in a wheelchair.

joined Dec 13, 2015

The third movie is supposed to have an original plot and appears to focus on the time between A's and StrikerS; it wouldn't surprise me at all if they chose to explore that off-screen plot arc. That being said, it's a very negative way to end a movie, with Nanoha being severely wounded and facing life in a wheelchair.

They could always end with her recovery. Like they could show the process thru a montage like series of scenes and end off with the recovery. Fairly sure it's been done by quite a few doujins around here but as long as I get happy cute Nanoha and Fate I'm not complaining.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

They said it would not include any plotlines they already intruded. It wouldn't make for a great plot anyway. We already saw how she got injured. It wasn't a big boss battle or anything.

joined Aug 10, 2015

(ಥ_ಥ) i was a FOOL for trusting this doujin
Behind the cuteness lays the sadness, damn you Kohagura.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 8:22AM

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

I KNEW IT! THERE WAS A DAMN NINJA HERE AGAIN! WITH HIS DAMN ONION CUTTING! T^T

ADOOOORBZ.....until i saw the ending... O_O

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

You guys, when I think of something truly sad, I imagine a lack of hope. Nanoha is still alive, and she's been through so much... She'll get through this too.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

They said it would not include any plotlines they already intruded. It wouldn't make for a great plot anyway. We already saw how she got injured. It wasn't a big boss battle or anything.

Yeah — it was stress, overwork, over-_training_, and a lucky shot. The drone's boss didn't get faced for years, and that's all in StrikerS already. There's human drama, great for doujin and fanfic, but nothing to build a Nanoha-style movie on.

To put it another way, the gimmick of Nanoha as a series is that magical girls are, effectively, Gundams. (She's the RX-78-2, Fate is Char piloting the Deathscythe.) And you don't make Gundam movies where the mech is down for repairs the whole time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.